Sports Interactive Community

Game was working fine this (early) morning and has worked fine these last couple of weeks. It suddenly crashed at some point this morning and ever since it won't start back up. It keeps saying that there is an executable file missing (FM.exe), which is true (not in the folder). Tried reinstalling but same error occurs when I try to open the game from Steam. Tried reinstalling again and now the state in Steam is indefinitely "paused". For some reason I can still click "play game" in another screen, but that just keeps giving me the same error (missing executable). Weird stuff... any ideas?? I just switched clubs to Sunderland in the Championship and would love to get them back up to the Premier League :)

Saw a similar issue here

Apparently there were problems with some keys but was fixed back then.

19 hours ago, Pieter546 said:

Game was working fine this (early) morning and has worked fine these last couple of weeks. It suddenly crashed at some point this morning and ever since it won't start back up. It keeps saying that there is an executable file missing (FM.exe), which is true (not in the folder). Tried reinstalling but same error occurs when I try to open the game from Steam. Tried reinstalling again and now the state in Steam is indefinitely "paused". For some reason I can still click "play game" in another screen, but that just keeps giving me the same error (missing executable). Weird stuff... any ideas?? I just switched clubs to Sunderland in the Championship and would love to get them back up to the Premier League :)

Saw a similar issue here

Apparently there were problems with some keys but was fixed back then.

Did you try the troubleshooting suggested in the thread?

If not could you please try both threads below and let us know how you get on.

It may also be worth reinstalling steam. 

Thx! Unfortunately none of these things seem to work. I'm gonna install Steam and FM 20 on a different laptop tomorrow. See if that make's any difference. Still weird that it has worked fine for weeks though.

We are sorry to hear this, but do let us know how you get on with the other laptop, please. Thanks.

Good news is that it's working on the old laptop. Bad news is that it's an old laptop and therefore very slow... :)

Do you have any alternative ideas on why this could have happened? I haven't updated anything recently and it just stopped midgame and the FM.exe file was suddenly missing.

Thx for the quick replies by the way!