AI teams doing a Leicester

Capture.JPG.5a59d321afa77503bbdbf42f480d87d8.JPG

I don't think I've previously seen an AI team outside the big six win the premier league, particularly in the first season.  Although Wolves still have a game to go and it's against Frank Lampard's rubbish Chelsea who I think will ruin their fairytale.  Has anyone else seen something similar?  Nice to see this is possible.

What's disappointing and unrealistic to see is Man United in the top 4 in almost everyone's save I have seen so far. :idiot::D

Oh and just noticed they finished above Liverpool as well. What the actual fark? :D

I'm not surprised to see Wolves doing a Leicester in the game tbh. They are a very good team irl managed by a very good coach. 

Edited by pats

43 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

But how the hell have City played 38 games?

Yeah I thought that was a bit strange.  Man City and Norwich played their last game on the Wednesday for some reason, which meant city had four games in eight days.  I'd be pretty pissed off if I was them.  Maybe something to do with being in the Champions league final?  But that's over two weeks away.

Capture.thumb.JPG.9f3925fd48347cf7f815f6914b00d50b.JPG

38 minutes ago, pats said:

Oh and just noticed they finished above Liverpool as well.

Well I'm managing Liverpool, doing the no Salah, Mané or Firmino challenge, hence why I only finished fourth.  Man United seem very good they beat me both games in the league, thrashing me 4-0 at Old trafford.

45 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Looks like Pep is underperforming again

It does unfortunately, he only lasted until March.  I don't know what it is about this game and Pep he never seems to keep his job for the first season.  Incidentally, his replacement came in and beat Zenit 8-0 in the Quarter finals of the Champions League.  I'm sure I've never seen such a one sided result that far into the Champions league before.

And Wolves did it! And Lampard finally got the sack,  he and Chelsea look absolutely rotten this year.

Capture.thumb.JPG.9ff66cebe5ac9adbc4579338cfceacc4.JPG

Great to see so early.

I recall in FM18 about 15 seasons in to my save as Dortmund a perennially  poor Nurnberg team came from regular yo yo side and relegation fodder to going on a great run; they had a poor defence but their style of play led to them turning most teams over by scores of 4-2 5-3 etc.. and they won the league in style. The manager of that team, a regen, went on to bigger things and the Nurnberg side went back to being also rans but it's great to see it is possible in the game from AI teams.

1 hour ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

2 million copies of FM sold on 2019? That means 2 millions simulated football-worlds. And your conclusions is being made of looking at only one of those simulated football worlds.

The OP said it's nice to see and asked whether anyone else has seen it...can't see anywhere where he jumped to any conclusions so think you need to chill out a bit.

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

tbh I'm more impressed that West Ham are 7th :D.

They got top four in my save. Think they actually came third. They're incredibly tough, don't know why. Heller was scoring for fun.

In my save Liverpool ran away with it, but I pipped them to it on the final day by two points. Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea floundered mid-table. City did okay but because the game seems to never recognise past accomplishments in a new save, Pep got the sack for finishing fourth and FA Cup runners up.

Wolves and West Ham were the overachievers.

Watford were ridiculously good as well, finishing mid-table. Everton were realistic and came down the bottom. :P

Remember, much of this is not down to the game itself but the scouts that determine the skills of the players. I think Wolves, United and Arsenal are quite overrated in this game, I mean, IRL they are rubbish compared to Liverpool and City. Especially Arsenal seems to win many times on my game. 

5 hours ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

I think this is totally un-realistic if you ask me.......

......i mean Arsenal, 2nd?

As an Arsenal fan I must admit, we are pretty OP in the past few years. It takes very little work to win the title within the first 3 years.

Also seems like Arsenal get a much more significant budget than they would IRL. I know Pepe was a massive layout, but the net spend was still relatively low. 

24 minutes ago, puffascruffowitz said:

As an Arsenal fan I must admit, we are pretty OP in the past few years. It takes very little work to win the title within the first 3 years.

Also seems like Arsenal get a much more significant budget than they would IRL. I know Pepe was a massive layout, but the net spend was still relatively low. 

Modeling our owner needing revenue to pay for his massively expensive NFL stadium is a bit outside FM's scope, unfortunately.  So is our hiring process basically being a pyramid scheme of garbage.

That said I would only consider this "Wolves doing a Leicester" proper if Arsenal contributed to it some by bottling it. :D 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15118/10189870/wasteful-arsenals-premier-league-title-hopes-hit-by-poor-finishing

http://dailycannon.com/2016/02/wenger-adamant-arsenals-finishing-will-improve/

https://understat.com/league/EPL/2015

Edited by Svenc

16 hours ago, pats said:

What's disappointing and unrealistic to see is Man United in the top 4 in almost everyone's save I have seen so far. :idiot::D

Oh and just noticed they finished above Liverpool as well. What the actual fark? :D

I'm not surprised to see Wolves doing a Leicester in the game tbh. They are a very good team irl managed by a very good coach. 

Man Utd are always massively over rated on FM. It's almost guaranteed at this point. 

United are still a roughly top six side or thereabouts, realistically, in terms of ability. And probably not lacking hugely behind, except for Pool and  City, of Course. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

That's where they likely rank in the db anyway too. Last term it was Pogba and the OP shots from range that were likely one of the factors in their consistently in-game overperformance. Basically, it was about twice as easy to score from range than in Football.

https://dictatethegame.com/2019/09/27/getting-expected-goals-or-xg-into-fm19/

Edited by Svenc

In the 3rd season of my Hibs save on FMC this year, St Mirren are top of the league in October. They have bought extremely well in the summer, and whilst it probably won't last, it's good to see the AI being a bit unpredictable in the transfer market in Scotland. I like to see these kind of things happening, keeps it fresh.