Sports Interactive Community
thehig2

Game not staying in Windowed mode

More often than not when I launch the game it will default to full screen mode, when I play it in windowed its fine with no issues.

Every time time I start the game it always defaults back to full screen mode, anyone know whats causing this ? 

19 hours ago, thehig2 said:

More often than not when I launch the game it will default to full screen mode, when I play it in windowed its fine with no issues.

Every time time I start the game it always defaults back to full screen mode, anyone know whats causing this ? 

Normally this issue is GPU driver related.

Could I ask you to follow the instructions below and uninstall/reinstall your drivers, please.

On 17/12/2019 at 13:26, Kyle Brown said:

Normally this issue is GPU driver related.

Could I ask you to follow the instructions below and uninstall/reinstall your drivers, please.

Not a driver issue driver is latest version( 12th December ) driver for RTX 2070

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver just to make sure that it is functioning properly, please?

Out of interests, what resolution are you using outside of the game? 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver just to make sure that it is functioning properly, please?

Out of interests, what resolution are you using outside of the game? 

already did that with the driver, no issues in other games. 

However I do have my desktop set in 3840 x 2160. 

I also have multi monitor, the other monitor is at 1080p. 

Pretty sure your going to tell me if both my monitors were at 1080p that would solve my issue ? 

When I think about it, the issue happend after I upped the resolution on my main monitor.

I'll try changing back to 1080p

It would be good if you can try different setups out and let us know. This issue could be specific to a particular customisation. Do let us know either way, Thanks.  

On 19/12/2019 at 16:19, Jimmy Wong said:

It would be good if you can try different setups out and let us know. This issue could be specific to a particular customisation. Do let us know either way, Thanks.  

it was still full screen when I opened Football Manager today, not sure whats causing it.

It only defaults back to full screen after the PC has been off, normally when I play the next day, so if I change it back to windowed, then close Football Manager and re open it, the game will start in windowed mode.