Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Jaydenoren

Collapse in form - help needed

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

After getting promoted to league one with Salford, I got an offer from Derby after i was 1st in December. Accepted it and had a great start, going from a relegation battle to a playoff chase, didn't make the playoffs however due to a collapse in form going into the end of the season.

 

Here's the results before the collapse:

94A4C0B72963DED42F4F9755454A459B813C901A (1366×768)

 

and here are the results after:

 

B887F38442C8000F38467606B2B0C3FCC6C1EEF1 (1366×768)

 

Most of the games after Forest i probably deserved to lose, decrease in chances create and a massive increase in the chances i'm conceding, and i've been lucky to concede the amount of goals i have. I did lose two of my best players to season ending injuries, one is a DM but the replacement have been perfectly fine, the other is an AML and the replacement (despite being better in ability than the player who got injured) has been extremely inconsistent. my striker (who's still somehow top scorer of the league) went on a 12 game drought also. So i think that my tactics are the problem here.

 

My tactics:

 

4E209D1B61ECF04ACCC46F080AA554F76D83E3B6 (1366×768)

 

 

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jaydenoren said:

4E209D1B61ECF04ACCC46F080AA554F76D83E3B6 (1366×768)

The tactic looks decent. I don't think it needs any big change, probably just a couple of small tweaks here and there. But only you can watch your matches and estimate which specific tweaks these should be. For example, I personally don't see why you are playing on the wide(r) attacking width as part of your primary (starting) tactic, but I guess you know what your reason is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2019 at 13:31, Experienced Defender said:

The tactic looks decent. I don't think it needs any big change, probably just a couple of small tweaks here and there. But only you can watch your matches and estimate which specific tweaks these should be. For example, I personally don't see why you are playing on the wide(r) attacking width as part of your primary (starting) tactic, but I guess you know what your reason is.

Made different tweaks so far (e.g changing IF from support to attack) but still not been able to gather any reasonable amount of consistency. Frustrating for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaydenoren said:

Made different tweaks so far (e.g changing IF from support to attack) but still not been able to gather any reasonable amount of consistency. Frustrating for sure.

Yeah this happens to me aswell once or twice a season but I actually dont mind sure its frustrating as hell when the form is not there but IRL how many teams go unbeaten a whole season? 

A little tip is to watch a full match or two and see where your tactics is struggling and also do it 2d to get a better view of whats happening on the pitch. I just did this and made only small changes and now Im winning again 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any patterns that you've noticed in games that you lose / struggle in?

Do you struggle against a particular formation or style of play? Anything that suggests your setup might need tweaking against certain teams but not every team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, emil_sbn said:

 

A little tip is to watch a full match or two and see where your tactics is struggling and also do it 2d to get a better view of whats happening on the pitch. I just did this and made only small changes and now Im winning again 😀

Or watch full match in 3D but move the camera back so you can see your teams shape. The 2D match for a full game is a hard watch lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Certainly not a tweak I would recommend :herman: 

Yeah, changed it back, thought it’d probably improve the touches in the box to shots ratio (it actually did I think) but my defence became much worse.

 

Recently turned up the tempo from standard to higher and took off stay on feet (but never turnt on get stuck in) and while it’s a 3 game sample, I have 7 out of 9. Might need a bit of polishing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rockpie said:

Are there any patterns that you've noticed in games that you lose / struggle in?

Do you struggle against a particular formation or style of play? Anything that suggests your setup might need tweaking against certain teams but not every team?

Can’t say for certain right now as I’m not on but I do have a hitch that I struggle with formations where there’s two up front.

will check tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...