Sports Interactive Community

Currently play in fm19 with psg a 4-2-4. So far it went well (see results).

4aNu9ErT.png

so far - because my players suddenly stopped performing. Weak results, no created good chances,goals almost only over standards or penaltys. The morale of the players is actually good.

I like to play with 2 strikers and prefer to have players in wing positions. I don't really care about possession of the ball, it's about scoring a lot of goals and quickly finding the goal.

Could you please rate my tactics/formations:

Pcex0Zcd.png

I used the following player instructions:

stronger pressing from all 4 offensive players and more steep passes from the target man.

What would you change?

I don't know how to line up against stronger teams on the road. Had no good results against such teams.

What would you change if it was 0-0 after 30 minutes? I don't know where to screw either.

The poacher doesn't score much either.

thx

On 15/12/2019 at 21:49, vandamme22 said:

4aNu9ErT.png

These results may not be impressive, but they are not disastrous either. In fact, they are pretty good on average, even if you probably hoped for even better. You lost only 2 games - both away from home, both against good teams and both defeats are very narrow (2-3). On the other hand, some of your victories have been more than convincing (8-0, 5-0, 5-1, 2x3-0). And given that you are using a pretty much tricky top-heavy formation such as 424, you are actually doing really well. 

Pcex0Zcd.png

What would you change?

The problem is that the 424 (as well as 4231) does not offer as much room for tweaking as do better balanced formations (primarily 4123 wide). But here are some tweaks you could give a try:

PO     TMsu

IWsu                                     IFat

DLPsu    CMde

FBat     CDde    BPDde    WBsu

SKsu

Or:

TMsu     PFat

IFat                                       Wsu

DLPsu    CMde

WBsu      CDde    BPDde    IWBat

SKsu

Or:

PO/PFat    TMsu

IWsu                                   Wat

DLPsu    BBM

FBat    CDde    BPDde   IWBde

SKsu

In terms of instructions, you can try with standard (default) passing instead of shorter. 

stronger pressing from all 4 offensive players

You don't need to use the split block when you already use the Prevent short GKD. Either one or the other (not both at the same time). 

more steep passes from the target man

What do you mean by "steep" passes? More direct or...?

The ME can't give the opposition any advantage playing against a 4-2-4, so it's not true that it's a top heavy formation in game. It's a very attacking formation, but since the ME only seems to give the team playing 4-2-4 wide an advantage it's both a good defense and offense as long as the style involve possession both keeping it and getting it back.

The weakness of the team is that you have horrible players in MC, get some real quality in the midfield and the team will get way stronger. You need high vision and passing.

7 hours ago, Miravlix said:

The ME can't give the opposition any advantage playing against a 4-2-4, so it's not true that it's a top heavy formation in game

Sorry, but do you know what the term "top-heavy formation" actually means in football?

On 19/12/2019 at 16:34, Experienced Defender said:

Sorry, but do you know what the term "top-heavy formation" actually means in football?

My tactics has 1 player the GK that stays below the centerline, that would be INSANELY top heavy in real football, but it's utterly pointless concept in the game. It would be like arguing that you should wear mirror shades if you live in a bunker and hasn't seen the sun for years, just because you know it exist.