Sports Interactive Community
Brian_Clough_2.0

Issues with graphics engine, FPS, etc

At this point having spent since 6pm Saturday trying to find a solution, having read every single problem below in this sub-forum reporting the same or similar issues and having only purchased the full release of FM2020 earlier today (wasn't planning to this early, usually wait until January but a flu has me with plenty of spare time) I am beyond disappointed in the the fact this can be called a "final edition" of the game which seems to have some major, major bugs.

FM19 and 17 still work fine. I don't have a great graphics card but there is no way that from the beta version to this version it can go from 3 and a half stars to one star and not even function to a playable capacity. Everything looks and feels the exact same as the beta; I read back through Miles Twitter and he does say some "improvements" were made to the 3D graphics, but my God, these can't be it.

This isn't even the worst issue. Whenever I hover over any tab a "fuzzy, pink" background appears, a "fuzzy, pink" background - as described by a user below - that wasn't present during the beta version either, but now somehow is.

I have tried all the usual tricks; I should have made a list, but they include the usual replies

- I deleted preferences and cache

- I didn't install any graphics or logo packs (albeit they are downloaded and ready to go in a separate folder)

- I uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10

- I uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics drivers

- FM is obviously on the most recent update, which from what I can read, helped nobody with similar issues

- I messed around with screen resolutions and skins, no dice.

There has to be an issue with an update that has been released between the beta and now that has caused this and is causing now over a dozen users to be looking for assistance so that the game can be fixed and that we can enjoy it. It's all bundled into the same issues, the CPU issues are correlating with the graphic issues which make peoples systems run harder even on a static screen - I can tell you for a fact this issue was not present in the beta.

Can someone try to provide me some more potential reasons as to why all of this is happening that are not stated above. I even saw one response where it was suggested the issue may correlate with Windows Pictures so I deleted that folder even.

I don't plan on waiting a month for a fix to this either like some have been, which is terrible by SI mind you, but I'm sure there's an excuse.

On 15/12/2019 at 03:16, Brian_Clough_2.0 said:

At this point having spent since 6pm Saturday trying to find a solution, having read every single problem below in this sub-forum reporting the same or similar issues and having only purchased the full release of FM2020 earlier today (wasn't planning to this early, usually wait until January but a flu has me with plenty of spare time) I am beyond disappointed in the the fact this can be called a "final edition" of the game which seems to have some major, major bugs.

FM19 and 17 still work fine. I don't have a great graphics card but there is no way that from the beta version to this version it can go from 3 and a half stars to one star and not even function to a playable capacity. Everything looks and feels the exact same as the beta; I read back through Miles Twitter and he does say some "improvements" were made to the 3D graphics, but my God, these can't be it.

This isn't even the worst issue. Whenever I hover over any tab a "fuzzy, pink" background appears, a "fuzzy, pink" background - as described by a user below - that wasn't present during the beta version either, but now somehow is.

I have tried all the usual tricks; I should have made a list, but they include the usual replies

- I deleted preferences and cache

- I didn't install any graphics or logo packs (albeit they are downloaded and ready to go in a separate folder)

- I uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10

- I uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics drivers

- FM is obviously on the most recent update, which from what I can read, helped nobody with similar issues

- I messed around with screen resolutions and skins, no dice.

There has to be an issue with an update that has been released between the beta and now that has caused this and is causing now over a dozen users to be looking for assistance so that the game can be fixed and that we can enjoy it. It's all bundled into the same issues, the CPU issues are correlating with the graphic issues which make peoples systems run harder even on a static screen - I can tell you for a fact this issue was not present in the beta.

Can someone try to provide me some more potential reasons as to why all of this is happening that are not stated above. I even saw one response where it was suggested the issue may correlate with Windows Pictures so I deleted that folder even.

I don't plan on waiting a month for a fix to this either like some have been, which is terrible by SI mind you, but I'm sure there's an excuse.

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Can you upload some screenshots of the pink tab issue you're having? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. 

And could you upload a copy of your system dxdiag, please?