Sports Interactive Community
Sunstrikuuu

Crossing Logic and Ball-Dwelling

4', BELLERIN: Should pass infield to Pepe.  Does dribble slowly forward until completely closed down, cross blocked.

4'55, BELLERIN: Should either continue going forward and cross near post low or far post high.  Does slow down to allow defender to make up two yards, cross blocked.

5'50, GHOULAM: Should probably just not cross, but at least both players are still moving, albeit slowly.  Does cross into defender within touching distance, blocked.  This one is more ambiguous than others, and might be a preference thing.  I'd prefer the attacker either try to cross at speed or check back and pass infield, especially since he doesn't have much of a target to aim for.

9'17, BELLERIN: Should either cross first time or pass back inside to Pepe at the penalty area corner.  Does take three touches and six steps forward, allowing Tielemans to close him down and block the cross.

19'45, BELLERIN: Should do something, anything.  Does stop dribbling forward, leaving the ball stopped dead on the ground for Ghoulam to poke away. 

22'12, FERNANDES: Should pass to Pepe, I think, or back to Bellerin.  Does have a cross blocked - there's one guy in the penalty area, standing still, marked by two players taller than he is. 

22'46, FERNANDES: Should play a through-ball to Pepe making a run, or cross first time towards the back post for Fati.  Does stand on the ball with his back to goal (???) for two seconds before trying a cross with a defender six inches away.  Blocked.  The most egregious example so far.

26'51, BELLERIN: Dribbles into the area, stops with back to goal.  Should probably just pass back to Torreira.  Does cross to the middle of the goal, claimed by the keeper.  This cross should have been blocked but wasn't.

50'42, BELLERIN: Should cross first-time either low to Pepe in the near post area or high to Tierney in the back post area.  Does dribble to end line, stop, cross blocked.

52'34: BELLERIN: Should cross first time to the near post for Fernandes.  Does dribble forward slowly, cross blocked.  Has in common with many of his blocked crosses that he's taken a throw-in and had the ball passed back to him.

66'50, BELLERIN: Dribbles forward, stops, cross goes in.  This cross also should have been blocked - literally, the ball clips through the defender's body.

Leicester v Arsenal.pkm

I have exactly the same probably and it's *incredibly* frustrating. I just have to laugh every time it happens, which is any time my full backs or wingers get near the box

Crossing too much depends on dribbling be it wingers or fullbacks. Irl wide players dribble far less than in fm, especially fullbacks. Dribbling is OP currently. Irl far more crossing comes after ball is played into space, pay attention to this when you watch real football game. But these dont happen in fm. 

I've also noticed the "Low Crosses" instruction doesn't seem to have any effect. I turned it on, but when I look at the extended highlights they're all head-height crosses.
Anyone else seeing this?

On 16/12/2019 at 15:48, callpress said:

I've also noticed the "Low Crosses" instruction doesn't seem to have any effect. I turned it on, but when I look at the extended highlights they're all head-height crosses.
Anyone else seeing this?

Yes I noticed during my save game almost every crossing was heading to the far post. Tried to fix it by going for low crosses, near post, central or targetman, but you are right it doesn't help at all:( I think more than 90% is a cross heading to the far post. I don't get why all my players do that because my wingers who are always there don't have good heading attributes. 

I often use low crosses but the graphics never seem to reflect this. Even when watching a whole match (just in case low crosses appeared only when there were no highlights) these are very few low ones. Cannot say I have much confidence in whipped crosses either. Time after time, up against a tall defence the ball goes in high and is headed away. Really not acceptable.

On 17/12/2019 at 01:48, callpress said:

Anyone else seeing this?

Couldn't tell you, despite playing a wide game my players never cross, in half a season, we've created zero chances from crosses and zero goals from crossing.