Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
SortitoutsiVP

CCC Conversion Rate Is A Joke

Recommended Posts

Now I was always led to believe that when someone was on here complains about losing a match and their team had had 30 shots to 5 it was because their own team was shooting from distance and not actually creating good chances. Well this version of FM seems to go completely against that as I create more CCC's than the opposition nearly every match yet still manage to lose as much as I win. Now it cannot be my tactic as when watching the highlights the chances my strikers are missing are very clear and open one on one's where 9/10 they shoot extremely tamely at the keeper. It's now genuinely starting to make playing the game extremely unenjoyable, below is some stats from my last months games and it is the same for every month. Really does feel as if the AI just cheats against you now as they constantly blast the ball in from all angles every match.

caMNbZ2.png

CCC's

1st game - Me 3 B'mouth 0

2nd game - Man City 1 Me 1

3rd game - Me 5 Burnley 0

4th game - Me 3 Stoke 0

5th game - Me 4 Newcastle 0

6th game - Me 6 Man Utd 3

7th game - Me 6 Norwich 3

(I'm Notts Forest)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know one on ones are a general issue, but you've not gone a game without scoring. Also, half chances and set pieces are aspects you can maximize. I'm not going to ask that you post your tactic, although it will help, but you can go games with bare CCC's even just one and still score multiple goals. 

you can use the xG/xA method to determine how many more "quality" chances(mostly inside box chances) to determine how creative your side really are. You have to also consider that sometimes, you just...well....lose. 

Suggest you watch this, even if you've already done so: 

https://youtu.be/PToI29JH2SE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Now it cannot be my tactic

Then why are you in the tactics forum? :D

Head to the Tactics section, click Analysis > Goals > CCCs > Last xx Matches (based on how many competitive matches you've played, excluding friendlies).  How many CCCs have you created and converted?  You say your CCC conversion rate is a joke, so exactly how much of a joke is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Then why are you in the tactics forum? :D

Head to the Tactics section, click Analysis > Goals > CCCs > Last xx Matches (based on how many competitive matches you've played, excluding friendlies).  How many CCCs have you created and converted?  You say your CCC conversion rate is a joke, so exactly how much of a joke is it?

This seasons totals so far.

ZocPpMe.png

And over 50 games.

aaLaNC9.png

Edited by SortitoutsiVP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

 

ZocPpMe.png

So you are converting 62% of your CCCs.  Personally I have concerns about how those stats are calculated, but your conversion rate is still way above the real life EPL average.  Hardly the joke you claim, unless you mean your conversion rate is too high in which case you may have a point?

What is it about tactics you want to discuss or look for help with (in which case we'll need to see your tactic)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, denen123 said:

I know one on ones are a general issue, but you've not gone a game without scoring. Also, half chances and set pieces are aspects you can maximize. I'm not going to ask that you post your tactic, although it will help, but you can go games with bare CCC's even just one and still score multiple goals. 

you can use the xG/xA method to determine how many more "quality" chances(mostly inside box chances) to determine how creative your side really are. You have to also consider that sometimes, you just...well....lose. 

Suggest you watch this, even if you've already done so: 

https://youtu.be/PToI29JH2SE

Sorry mate didn't see your post, here's my tactic. Mentality changes game by game depending on opponent.

3rM0QkB.png

VP's Definitely Maybe - 3-2-3-2 - v2.fmf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, herne79 said:

So you are converting 62% of your CCCs.  Personally I have concerns about how those stats are calculated, but your conversion rate is still way above the real life EPL average.  Hardly the joke you claim, unless you mean your conversion rate is too high in which case you may have a point?

What is it about tactics you want to discuss or look for help with (in which case we'll need to see your tactic)?

This may be true but I see far more missed one on one/open goals in a match of FM than I do a real life match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

This may be true but I see far more missed one on one/open goals in a match of FM than I do a real life match.

This may be true as well, I'm just a little confused as to what you are after?

You lead with CCCs apparently being a joke, although from your own stats they're not; you say it's nothing to do with tactics yet here you are in the Tactics forum.

Anyway, looking at your tactic it's incredibly aggressive - Mentality (which I appreciate you say you change); loads of attack duty players; TIs to make your already aggressive default TIs even more aggressive.  It's all rush rush rush so how much Composure, Decisions, Technique (for example) do your players have to deal with all that urgency?

And if you are concerned about losing matches tbh you don't really have a midfield which will shield your defence; your wingbacks are more akin to attacking wingers; and your defending is essentially based on defending in the opposition's half with your incredibly high LoE and defensive line.  Any opponent with half a brain will hit you with fast counter attacks down your flank or ping balls over your defenders.

You're kind of relying on simply outscoring your opponents, which I'm sure makes for some entertaining football, but it's a very high risk strategy (as you are finding out).  Why so much risk taking, aggression and urgency?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

3rM0QkB.png

To me personally, the mere glance at your tactic suggests that the chances you are creating are mostly low-quality chances, even if they are considered CCC according to the game statistics. Because the tactic is so much gung-ho that your players rarely (if ever) have enough time to measure their shots properly when they are presented with a chance. And here I am particularly referring to the combination of your mentality, tempo, needlessly/unreasonably aggressive defensive TIs and the setup of roles and duties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing to consider: Either the match statistic or the analysis page simply tell you wrong stats. While it is far better than in 19, there are still some weird quirks in it. Like being 19/21 in Conversion/CCC despite three missed penalties or some additions not adding up. 

Anyway, back to topic: In my experience 20 puts a lot of focus on footedness and mentals — Selke, nominally my star striker completely fails the majority of his many 1-v-1 chances, even after some...post-beta divine intervention upping most of his relevant stats. Meanwhile Samardzic, who is worse in almost every relevant stat (he is a F9, no converter) scores a lot more. Only thing he has that Selke has not is a strong left foot. 

Similarly Lukebakio has plenty of dumb not-pass-not-shot situations because his mentals are barely second-league worthy. Which is a darn shame because he has the movement to get into these kibd of situations! Meanwhile Maier with his 10 Finishing and 10 OTB wasn't that bad once he actually got into position because his 16 Composure, 14 Decisions, 15 Technique and 14 First Touch carry him pretty well! 

(Theres also my ongoing conspiracy that PFa have hardcoded low 1-v-1 conversion rates but that may just be these guys just being depleted after all the running they do, which is why the experienced gentlemen of advanced age are better if they make it to the end — Their instincts act up when brain and body need a break ^^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I'm on the forum to learn and not to complain but i tend to agree with the OP.

I didn't found a sufficently telling exemple (prefering to think that is bad luck) until today. A decent player (no finishing stats below 13) had 6 CCC in a single game witheout any goal.

Spoiler

WZPyk.png


Here is the video : 

This kind of games happens too often for me.

Furthermore, i'm pretty sure that the conversion ratio in the analysis tab is not a ratio between CCC and goals. (Maybe a ratio between key passes and CCC ?)
KLke1.png
lpN0w.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, YouriD said:

i'm pretty sure that the conversion ratio in the analysis tab is not a ratio between CCC and goals. (Maybe a ratio between key passes and CCC ?)

The conversion ratio shows how many shots on target (whether a chance or not) have been converted into goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/12/2019 at 21:33, herne79 said:

Then why are you in the tactics forum? :D

Head to the Tactics section, click Analysis > Goals > CCCs > Last xx Matches (based on how many competitive matches you've played, excluding friendlies).  How many CCCs have you created and converted?  You say your CCC conversion rate is a joke, so exactly how much of a joke is it?

 

 

Uh. I think those stats are rubbish.

Look at this:

97835068_Screenshot2019-12-20at10_56_01.thumb.png.479905f3ae97303e803cfdb57441ab46.png

 

68-29 Converted CCCs in the past 30 league games.

But the team only scored 52-18 in those games...

1100387222_Screenshot2019-12-20at10_57_42.thumb.png.09c6029b28708dc3bf3da1e99bd3a1cf.png

 

 

 

Edited by herne79
swerving swear filter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HSVen said:

Uh. I think those stats are rubbish.

I've edited your post, please don't try to swerve the swear filter again.

You also missed this post of mine above:

On 14/12/2019 at 22:02, herne79 said:

Personally I have concerns about how those stats are calculated

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HSVen said:

 

 

Uh. I think those stats are rubbish.

Look at this:

97835068_Screenshot2019-12-20at10_56_01.thumb.png.479905f3ae97303e803cfdb57441ab46.png

 

68-29 Converted CCCs in the past 30 league games.

But the team only scored 52-18 in those games...

1100387222_Screenshot2019-12-20at10_57_42.thumb.png.09c6029b28708dc3bf3da1e99bd3a1cf.png

 

 

 

That should go to the bugs forum. 

I mean, I'm not overly convinced by how the ME defines a CCC anyway, but if the stats are showing you and your opponents converting more of them than have actually been scored, they're clearly wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I've edited your post, please don't try to swerve the swear filter again.

You also missed this post of mine above:

 

 

Uh, I didn't know such a filter existed - that is just how I write normally. Sorry about that.

 

 

Regarding your post - I just provided proof that your concerns are justified. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/12/2019 at 23:29, herne79 said:

Anyway, looking at your tactic it's incredibly aggressive - 

No midfield strata to begin with. A single line of defense. No cover for it. All Players pushed Forward where they camp in the space of a tuna can. This almost Looks like the stuff you find as a download on FMBase, FM Scout et all.

If this game were to be a realistic sim, this would be punished far more oftenly and severely than it typically is. 

 

The AI ain't cheating, the AI just doesn't consistently do stuff like this. Sorry, I understand the frustration also as to those 1vs1 (in particular their frequency, conversion should rank anywhere between 1 Goal in 5 to 1 in 2; for 1 in 3 long-term average once patched -- so perfectly possible to not score in a couple). But this "cheating AI" stuff gets me every time. If it one day were to become actually smart and challenging…

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...