Sports Interactive Community
McClane29

Club Profile Screen | Switching Panels (FM20)

Hello. On FM18/19 there were small config files made available which you could paste into the panels folder of the default FM base skin and they would alter the club profile (overview) screen.

For instance, FM default skins always make the stadium info panel very narrow which seems to prevent stadium images from appearing in the game. However, the files which I've found on the SI community in previous years have always solved this and allowed for panels to be rearranged and more included on the club profile screen.

I've tried using the panel files I had for FM19, but they do not appear to work. I suspect this may be because the skin or club profile screen have changed a fair bit in FM20.

Therefore, can anyone please share a simple config file so I can switch the 'League History' panel with the 'Stadium' panel, or advise how I can achieve this?

I've downloaded a copy of the default base skin and I don't intend on using an alternative skin. Thanks for any help!

1912575675_ClubProfile.thumb.jpg.e1df40fd55f75d25c5b152f8a3814e6b.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions?

Please hlp. This is the only modification preventing me  from starting a new long-term save.

Thanks for any help.

Club folder within panels (create folders not present). 

NB: I deleted the second selector as you seem to have done so too whilst I made the kits slightly smaller as they look out of proportion to me. If you wish to increase their size back to how you have them in your picture - reduce the minimum height of snapshot selector 1 on line 117 of club overview panel below. This will increase the kits and the staff. The heights are linked in the default version of this panel. 

club overview panel.xml club overview stadium panel.xml

Screenshot (1063).png

Edited by Loda

Many thanks, Loda! This has helped a lot.

As you suggested, I would prefer to have the kits appearing larger and more lines of the 'Key Employees' showing. I've tried altering the minimum height on line 117 of the config file as advised, but nothing seems to change when I reload the skin. Do I need to change anything else? Can you confirm I'm changing the correct section of the file please?

Also, I'm very glad the stadium image is now showing. However, I think it is a little too large and is obscuring the text from the surface type detail (Old Trafford should read: Grass/Synthetic Mix, but it is mainly hidden behind the image). How can I make this smaller to the text can be read?

Many thanks for any further help.

ClubProfile2.jpg

PanelOverview.jpg

I gave the stadium a container so the size could be adjusted, just increase the inset value on line 176 of club overview stadium.

Sorry forgot to delete the default_height back on 117 of club overview. Remove that and the min. height amendments will be applied. 

Edited by Loda

2 hours ago, Loda said:

I gave the stadium a container so the size could be adjusted, just increase the inset value on line 176 of club overview stadium.

Sorry forgot to delete the default_height back on 117 of club overview. Remove that and the min. height amendments will be applied. 

Amazing! Thanks for the advice, Loda. I've pretty much got the screen looking how I want it now thanks to your help.

I don't seem to have any room for the 'Hot Prospect' to be shown in the 'Key Employees' panel so I'm left with a little void before the white line and the Kits panel. Is there something I could alter in the files to reduce this void and perhaps making the 'Leeague History' panel slightly larger whilst maintaining the kit size?

Thank you!

ClubProfile3.jpg

Edited by McClane29

Increase the min. height, within the club overview panel, on line 90:

<record id="default_properties" minimum_height="200" />

That'll bring back the hot prospect. 

However it'll reduce the selector/league history's height - refer back to my very first message if you need to adjust this again.

Edited by Loda

1 hour ago, Loda said:

Increase the min. height, within the club overview panel, on line 90:

<record id="default_properties" minimum_height="200" />

Hmmm... didn't seem to change at all unfortuantely. Is there something else which needs amending or removing?

Thanks.

Tried using your new file, but remains the same for me. No hot prospect shown and the slight gap.

I think it might be due to my laptop screen which isn't your standard widescreen. It's a Huawei, similar to Macbook which has a taller screen.

Thanks for all your help.

Just play with the height values mentioned. 

Edited by Loda

Can anyone screenshot what my folders should look like in order to have this exact layout? I have the base skin installed and have copy and pasted the files posted above but still doesn't look like the screenshots posted above. The profile page is just the teams league history panel. 

52 minutes ago, Kraftwerk said:

Can anyone screenshot what my folders should look like in order to have this exact layout? I have the base skin installed and have copy and pasted the files posted above but still doesn't look like the screenshots posted above. The profile page is just the teams league history panel. 

the panels should be in skin folder/panels/club

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, keysi said:

the panels should be in skin folder/panels/club

I downloaded the files posted above by Loda (club overview files) and put them where you say but it still looks like this: 

iTjD2QJ.png

I just want it to look like this: 

1570940920_Screenshot(1069).png.c9321b5b

Edited by Kraftwerk

29 minutes ago, Kraftwerk said:

I downloaded the files posted above by Loda (club overview files) and put them where you say but it still looks like this: 

I just want it to look like this: 

have you cleared the cache and reloaded your skin?

@Kraftwerk can you post a screenshot of the skin folder you are using?

Did you change the skin in Preferences?

Have you...

10 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Maybe stupid questions but...

14 minutes ago, keysi said:

Have you...

i mean i'm maybe 5 years into skinning at this point and forget to do it 😂

1 hour ago, keysi said:

Have you...

Here's the club folder in panels with the files from earlier in the thread

vLnpT6h.png

Here's the broader base skin folder

2LzBccg.png

1 hour ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Yep. 

MVeSRXt.png

Here's the skin screen so definitely remembered to change it haha :D

2 hours ago, Kraftwerk said:

Here's the club folder in panels with the files from earlier in the thread

vLnpT6h.png

Here's the broader base skin folder

2LzBccg.png

ah, the forum renames files. One of the quirks of the file attachment system.

first one should become "club overview panel" and the second one "club overview stadium panel"

45 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

ah, the forum renames files. One of the quirks of the file attachment system.

first one should become "club overview panel" and the second one "club overview stadium panel"

Got everything working perfectly now thanks mate. 

Posted (edited)
Il 14/12/2019 in 13:42 , McClane29 ha scritto:

1912575675_ClubProfile.thumb.jpg.e1df40fd55f75d25c5b152f8a3814e6b.jpg

I use this screen as a reference.

Someone could kindly post a xml file with the results panel on the lower left replaced by the trophies panel? I don't need any other change to the other parts.

@Loda could I ask you to help me?

Edited by Ivs