Need some help tactic

Hello People.

i know there are many post abort tactics, but i cant figure out because of the many threads, so thats why i start my own.

i am Manage Tottenham. 
the first 2 games we played very well, after that we are struggling in every game. Er cant create chances and the chances er get we miss. 
i have read some post of People that are struggling with create chances and all that. But nothing works.

DLFat

IWsu                                   IFat

DLPsu    MEZsu

DMde

FBat       CDde    CDde    IWBde

SKsu

Positive

- shorter pass, Play out of defence, be more expressive and wbib

- counter, counter-press(sometimes)

- higher DL, standard LOE.

thats my formation. I have tried to change my trio on the midfield to: DMde, FPSu, BTBsu and it’s dosent Work either.

have also tried to change the IA to winger, and the IWB to FBsu.

what Can i do? 
i have lost the feeling for the game because i cant create a tactic that Works more that few matches.

i hope someone Can help

The tactic itself looks good, nothing wrong about it. Make sure you play suitable players in their respective roles. Try to play without the WBiB. Also consider the overlap right when you play the RB as IWB on defend. 

4 hours ago, dennislauridsen said:

FPSu

What is the "FP" ???

5 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

The tactic itself looks good, nothing wrong about it. Make sure you play suitable players in their respective roles. Try to play without the WBiB. Also consider the overlap right when you play the RB as IWB on defend. 

What is the "FP" ???

thx for the advice. 

Sorry FP= AP :)

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, dennislauridsen said:

I have try to create a new tactic.

i have Pi's for the front trio and the mez.  they split push.

My 2 centrebacks have Close down less because this year the AI just create there chances with long ball.

@Experienced Defender does this look silly?

Unavngivet.png

Change the language to English for the screenshots, as the roles are called something else in Danish, and that makes it more difficult to help.

3 hours ago, dennislauridsen said:

Unavngivet.png

does this look silly?

It does not look silly at all. It looks like a very good starting point, and with just a couple of tweaks can be a really good tactic :thup: 

In fact, the only tweak I would make in terms of roles is change the striker from CF on attack into PF on attack. And I would definitely play Kepa as SK on support duty (rather than standard GK), both because you play with a higher DL and he definitely has the right attributes for the SK role.

As for Kante... nothing wrong with playing him as an anchor man, although in this particular setup, I'd rather have him as a standard DM on defend duty. You can try him in both roles and see which one works better for you (i.e. for what you want to achieve). 

I would also swap Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi around, so that Pulisic would be IWsu in AML and HO would play as the winger on attack in AMR.

When it comes to instructions, everything looks okay. Which means that you may occasionally need to make a small tweak here and there, but nothing more than that.

i have Pi's for the front trio and the mez.  they split push

You mean the split block? In that case, I would consider standard LOE instead of higher. Better vertical compactness should allow for safer use of the split block. 

My 2 centrebacks have Close down less because this year the AI just create there chances with long ball

If you are wary of opposition long balls, there are better options than telling CBs to close down less. 

@Experienced Defender

thanks for the advice. 
I Feel when i use a standard dm the play is to risky. I need someone That just play simple balls. 

i have plan to buy sancho for iw and chiesa for the winger. 
haaland for the striker and Fernando Luis for the dm position.

yes i mean split Block. What Will u do to stop opposition Long Ball instead of not just let the centreback vælde Down less?

Edited by dennislauridsen

1 hour ago, dennislauridsen said:

I Feel when i use a standard dm the play is to risky. I need someone That just play simple balls

Okay, then use the anchor :thup: 

1 hour ago, dennislauridsen said:

What Will u do to stop opposition Long Ball instead of not just let the centreback vælde Down less?

Are you already having troubles with long balls (over the top) or just asking out of curiosity? 

Btw, I am more worried about your player selection than the tactic itself. You seem to be playing too many young players in your starting 11 at the same time. While they are clearly great and very talented prospects, a bit more experience would be welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2020 at 18:19, Experienced Defender said:

Are you already having troubles with long balls (over the top) or just asking out of curiosity? 

Btw, I am more worried about your player selection than the tactic itself. You seem to be playing too many young players in your starting 11 at the same time. While they are clearly great and very talented prospects, a bit more experience would be welcome.

Sorry for late reply

i have some trubbles in the new season. With Long Ball over me. 

I have a question. I want my playstyle to be possesion based. 
My roles are This

Sk(s)

IWB(s) BPD(f) CB(f) FB(a)

DM(f)

MEZ(s)    DLP(s)

W(a)                             IW(s)

PF(a)

which role are the best for the front trio in possesion based play?

and what about the Mez? Can he en changed? 

i have some trubbles in the new season. With Long Ball over me

Well, it usually means your DL is higher than optimal, although your defense should be good enough to be able to play with a higher line. Try dropping the LOE to standard (instead of higher), so as to improve compactness. I don't know how and where exactly those long balls over the top come from, so take my suggestion with a pinch of salt. 

I have a question. I want my playstyle to be possesion based. 
My roles are This

Sk(s)

DM(f)

MEZ(s)    DLP(s)

PF(a)

Do you want a slow and patient possession style, or a more progressive one? 

2 minutes ago, dennislauridsen said:

I Think a more progressive Will be a good choice :)

Okay, and btw I also prefer progressive possession styles to slow and patient ("boring") ones :D 

Now, let's see your setup again: 

4 hours ago, dennislauridsen said:

Sk(s)

DM(f)

MEZ(s)    DLP(s)

PF(a)

The left flank looks very good - FBat, DLPsu and IWsu is my favorite combo of roles/duties :thup:

What I would look to tweak a bit, especially if you want a possession-based style - including the "progressive" element - is the right side.

However, I noticed that your setup is almost identical to this one you already used: 

On 04/01/2020 at 12:39, dennislauridsen said:

Unavngivet.png

Only roles of the striker and DM are different, but everything else is the same.

7 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

What I would look to tweak a bit, especially if you want a possession-based style - including the "progressive" element - is the right side.

I have bougt cheisa, sancho and sane with one should play on the right side and witch role?

7 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

However, I noticed that your setup is almost identical to this one you already used: 

That is correct. I havne’t changed it yet. I have tried in the friendly games to tweek, but i am not sure about the tweekz, therefor i seek help with you :)

40 minutes ago, dennislauridsen said:

sorry my fault

20200114180517_1.jpg

Okay, thanks :thup: 

Now let's get back to your original question: 

23 hours ago, dennislauridsen said:

I have a question. I want my playstyle to be possesion based
My roles are This

Sk(s)

DM(f)

MEZ(s)    DLP(s)

PF(a)

and what about the Mez? Can he en changed? 

18 hours ago, dennislauridsen said:

I Think a more progressive Will be a good choice

In terms of instructions, a progressive possession style is not difficult to set up correctly (and Chelsea should be good enough as a team to successfully accomplish it). So instructions basically come down to this:

Positive mentality

In possession: play out of defence, shorter passing, be more expressive, work ball into box and either default (standard) or slightly higher tempo (can be tweaked one way or the other depending on the situation/opposition)

In transition: start with no instructions, and depending on the situation, you occasionally use the Counter and counter-press (independently of each other)

Out of possession: higher DL, standard LOE, offside trap (plus a split block via player instructions)

When it comes to roles and duties, an example of a setup that works well for me is this one:

DLFat

IFsu                                IWsu

DLPsu   MEZat

HB/Ade

FBat    CDde   BPDde   IWBsu

SKsu

I bolded roles/duties that are different compared to your setup. Nothing in your setup was particularly wrong in itself, I just made tweaks to make it better suited for a progressive possession style.

P.S: In addition to setting the tactic up right in terms of roles, duties and instructions, you also need to pay attention to how you select players both in terms of roles and overall balance of your tactic. This is especially important in the midfield, because you need to strike a balance between having creativity and attacking movement on one hand, and defensive solidity on the other. On that score, I noticed in your players screenshot that you don't play Kante (or any other defensively strong) midfielder among your starting 11 (there are Jorginho in DM and Kovacic and Mount as CMs, but Kante is on the bench). Why? 

2 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

P.S: In addition to setting the tactic up right in terms of roles, duties and instructions, you also need to pay attention to how you select players both in terms of roles and overall balance of your tactic. This is especially important in the midfield, because you need to strike a balance between having creativity and attacking movement on one hand, and defensive solidity on the other. On that score, I noticed in your players screenshot that you don't play Kante (or any other defensively strong) midfielder among your starting 11 (there are Jorginho in DM and Kovacic and Mount as CMs, but Kante is on the bench). Why? 

First a big thanks for Your advice. 
It makes sense.

how do i know if a new player is the right player? Are there some guides for Pick the right player?

its was only for the start. I played him as much as i Could last season. So normally he would play :-)

7 minutes ago, dennislauridsen said:

how do i know if a new player is the right player? Are there some guides for Pick the right player?

Look at his attributes. Each role has its own set of attributes, both key and preferable ones. These may vary slightly depending on the style of play, but are generally a very good guideline. 

9 minutes ago, dennislauridsen said:

its was only for the start. I played him as much as i Could last season. So normally he would play :-)

Good :thup:

13 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Look at his attributes. Each role has its own set of attributes, both key and preferable ones. These may vary slightly depending on the style of play, but are generally a very good guideline. 

Thanks again. I Will post a picture about how it goes later :)