FM 20 and high stat players as MC

Messi is getting old, so in anticipation I tried to play him as MC and OMG, I feel like I've found a exploit in the engine.

A high stat player like him is godlike on MC, carrying the entire team with 9.0+ scores just from key passes, add in assist and the goals he get and it creeping close to 10.0 scores every match. I feel like I'm getting 10 times the value of the player in MC, than anywhere else on the pitch.

I had no luck with AMC, every team has double DM's so AMC just doesn't seem to do enough in my tactic.

He is fantastic in AML and score goals, but the position is limited in how much it can contribute to general play. The game even say a lot of dangerous attacks involved Messi when he was primary AML,but it's nothing compared to him as MC RPM/S (He got neutral in MC quickly for me), I don't like AP and DLP as they seem to limit using certain attributes, so I especially try to avoid those roles for players with good longshot. It's possible that a more strict tactics would use him as a Mezzala, but since I favor very fluid and be more expressive, the RPM/S lack of flair focus won't matter.

Messi is older Messi in game, but he still has all those godlike non-physical stats (Not sure if mine has lost physical stats yet, did have a scare where he went from 10 to 8 stamina, but he recovered), so not sure if he is a fluke as MC or other players like Sadio Mane, Mo Salah would contribute way better to the overall team effort if MC'ed.

Edit: Maybe not Mane, just rechecked his stats, his mentals is weak, so would have to many dangerous decisions when played as MC and the same for Salah, got blinded by the star rating.

Edited by Miravlix

AMC won't work because short forward passes almost don't exist in the game, so players in that position really struggle to get the ball or do something other than kick it to the side when they do get it. 

The MC position throws a TON of long ball passes no matter what your tactic is, so someone with high passing, technique, vision, and decisions like Messi is bound to do well. Since the game has no advanced central play whatsoever, Messi's poor defensive attributes should not hurt him either. 

Nice finding you had there :thup: