FM20 Tactics by TFF

On 03/10/2020 at 14:51, middleweight165 said:

This was my final table. Whats the plan with your save?  Aldershot to the premier league?

Vanarama Final league Table 19-20.png

Again sorry for the slow reply. Finally finish my first season. Easily dominated with this tactic. Scared to think how awesome it been if I didn’t sabotage my defenders to stop them scoring a goal every game lol!!!

F9C4A354-D0ED-4A03-B436-6909103C8948.jpeg

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/10/2020 at 00:06, nen said:

Incredible tactic. I started without a job and Levante signed me. Last with only 1 point in 8 games. I finished in 2nd position and winning the Copa del Rey

911991655_LaLigaSantander_Perfil.thumb.png.f778fe704511a50e155d9e473b36a199.png825294524_LevanteUD_Partidos-4.thumb.png.21bc6d17ac5113bb1c9d48402e7d312a.png61913063_LevanteUD_Partidos-5.thumb.png.99a9cada55735e37aa9f87d3ae288554.png1292809984_LevanteUD_Partidos.thumb.png.33986721ac7202e160b4ab4627ddc4ee.png780564586_CopadelRey_Fases.thumb.png.43cb82fca4fb6317179c7e6083b27e2d.png

what tactic did you use and can you show your team (your start eleven) . 

4 hours ago, lol33 said:

what tactic did you use and can you show your team (your start eleven) . 

Cerber v4. I never really play with the same players, except in finals. I rotate all the games. 3 changes away  and 4 at home. Roger also went to Newcastle in winter

Athletic - Levante UD_ Resumen.png

The truth is that I don't know what to say. I have lost the League by myself but this tactic is incredible. He ganado en el Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Ettihad... Al PSG rn casa. 5-0 al Barcelona en casa, 3-0 al Madrid en casa... Resultados increíble, pero al final dos empates que me costaron la Liga. Only 19 goals conceded in the league. Again I have reached the final of the Copa del Rey, losing in extra time, in minute 120. Look that I have tried tactics since I played FM, without a doubt this is the best. Defensively it's amazing

LaLiga Santander_ Fases.png

Levante UD_ Historial de fichajes.png

7 hours ago, nen said:

The truth is that I don't know what to say. I have lost the League by myself but this tactic is incredible. He ganado en el Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Ettihad... Al PSG rn casa. 5-0 al Barcelona en casa, 3-0 al Madrid en casa... Resultados increíble, pero al final dos empates que me costaron la Liga. Only 19 goals conceded in the league. Again I have reached the final of the Copa del Rey, losing in extra time, in minute 120. Look that I have tried tactics since I played FM, without a doubt this is the best. Defensively it's amazing

LaLiga Santander_ Fases.png

Levante UD_ Historial de fichajes.png

@nenWhich tactic you use? v4 or v5?

Que tactica utilisas? la v4 o la v5?

Saludos

19 hours ago, w202 said:

@nenWhich tactic you use? v4 or v5?

Que tactica utilisas? la v4 o la v5?

Saludos

None anymore, because I got pissed off. I conceded 19 goals in the second season and at the start of the third season, I have conceded 10 goals in 6 games. Why do this? It is not the first time this has happened to me this year and with various tactics

On 08/10/2020 at 17:29, nen said:

I conceded 19 goals in the second season and at the start of the third season, I have conceded 10 goals in 6 games. Why do this? It is not the first time this has happened to me this year and with various tactics

I assume that you bought new players between season or your current ones lost tactics familiarity. At the beginning of the season you need adjust your tactics to be more cautious. In the same time push a lot of effort in tactics training.

10 hours ago, davecrossley said:

Been loving Cerber v5 for quite sometime but I can often dominate for long periods and then randomly trip up against bigger teams mainly away from from home.

What changes (if any) do people make when they come up against bigger sides? 

Hi mate,

When I use Cerber tactic and face equal opponents then  Won %   |   Drawn %   | Lost %   stats look like this:

Home matches:

81% Won   |   12% Drawn  |    7%  Lost

Away matches:

51% Won   |   19%  Drawn  |    30%  Lost

As you can see the away stats are significantly worse than the home stats and even vs an equal opponents there's only 51% chances to get a win and that's because in the game the home side always gets some hidden / under the hood boost, it was made to simulate what we usually see in real life because in real life teams tend to play better home than away.

I must add that the Cerber tactic gives me the best away results even they are worse than the home results and If you want improve the away result then I find the only way to do that is:

1) Having better players than your opposition.

2) Havning better Morale than your opposition.

3) Havning better Conditions than your opposition.

4) Havning better "Team Cohesion" than your opposition.

5) Having the maximised "Tactic Familiarity".

It's important to understand that tactics have thier limitis what they can offer you and it would be wrong to think that there are some "magic" tweak that give you 100% in rate in away or home matches.

23 minutos atrás, Totalfootballfan disse:

Hi mate,

When I use Cerber tactic and face equal opponents then  Won %   |   Drawn %   | Lost %   stats look like this:

Home matches:

Away matches:

As you can see the away stats are significantly worse than the home stats and even vs an equal opponents there's only 51% chances to get a win and that's because in the game the home side always gets some hidden / under the hood boost, it was made to simulate what we usually see in real life because in real life teams tend to play better home than away.

I must add that the Cerber tactic gives me the best away results even they are worse than the home results and If you want improve the away result then I find the only way to do that is:

It's important to understand that tactics have thier limitis what they can offer you and I'd would be wrong to think that there are some "magic" tweak that give you 100% in rate in away or home matches.

Hi @Totalfootballfan,

If the test were run with Fighter V2, what would these statistics look like? Do you have the numbers?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

Home matches:

Away matches:

It's important to understand that tactics have thier limitis what they can offer you and it would be wrong to think that there are some "magic" tweak that give you 100% in rate in away or home matches.

Hey man,

Been playing CM/FM for 20+years and never expect to have a tactic developed that will win 100% of games.

Great advice about standard of players, morale, conditioning, team cohesion as well as familiarity.

Just going to keep going with it and hopefully with those built up, I will experience better performances away from home.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with when FM21 is released!

51 minutes ago, davecrossley said:

Been playing CM/FM for 20+years and never expect to have a tactic developed that will win 100% of games.

Heh... my bad, mate... I intentionally exaggerated things just to make it as clear as possible that there's no tactic that gives you 100% win rate with any team in any situation because I often see that when people lose in FM then they immediately start to blame their tactics and look for an advice how to tweak them to stop losing and start winning but ofter their tactics are OK, of course, they might be not the most effictive tactic that you can get but often they are OK and even if they used the most effective tactic then they would not do significantly better than they did... It's important to understand that tactics are just a small part of the game and they are limited what they can offer you, of course, if there aren't any obvious nasty exploits and even with the most effective tactic when you face an equal opponet in an away match there's about only about a 50% chance to win... and if you want to increase the winning chance then you should think about other things that I mentioned in my previous post because as I said tactics are limited what they can do.

En 12/10/2020 a las 8:55, prysiu dijo:

I assume that you bought new players between season or your current ones lost tactics familiarity. At the beginning of the season you need adjust your tactics to be more cautious. In the same time push a lot of effort in tactics training.

Of course I have bought players: Camavinga and Foden among others. I have improved the defense and the goalkeeper. I caught the team in a very bad situation and the tactic worked perfectly. I don't think it's from the familiarity of the tactic. First season good, second season very good. 2nd to 3 points from the first and 1/8 of the final of the Champions League. And in the third season, the tactic begins to not work. 20-25 shots by 2 of the rival and they score 2 goals and I none. These are details that have happened to me with other tactics, not only with this

After stopping fm for awhile, i decided to try Cerber with this team, relegated in real life and BOMB! first season in fm20. 
People said there's not one tactic which guarantee success, but this is guarantee success, not exaggerated at all. The best for me. 

721358331_WeChatImage_20201015120118.thumb.png.a4c48b6731ad70ccc32669c941ddd05c.png

Switching between Cerber and ShieldWall in matches. Don't think it could get any better. 
Looking forward to another awesome TFF tactic in fm21. 

Hi,

I started play with Dynamo Dresden. Tactics Cerber v5. Page 77

• first season with data update(for 20/21) started in 3 Liga, postpone (33wins 5 draws 0 loss)
  • second season 2 liga (28 wins 8draws 2 loss)
  • bundesliga for 5 years first 11 place(same squad like in 3 liga!!!) then 9place and then 1st, 3rd and again winners.
  • my last season Champion league winners
  • !My squad is poor avrage(no budget) you can look on my screen

This tactics is brilliant. Thank's TFF for your work

My advice:

• training schedule:https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm20-development-guide-and-training-schedules.html
  • for team talks use assistant manager with high mottivation, level of discipline, determination attributes(every team talk for him)
  • when you score a goal use shout Praise
  • THROW - IN DL take left DR take right(long throws attribut)
  • Corners Left ML Right MR
  • Every look on fittness and match practice attribut for fittness 90% and more. Match practice 80% and more but in Germany it is difficult second teams I don't understand
  • !Keep your dynamics in green mode!Players are happy, team cohesion etc... look on my pictures

This year(FM20) it is not to much difficult to win Champions League with this tactics(strange)...

That's it...

DynamoDresden.png

DynamoDresdenSquad.png

Schedule.png

CHL.png

ACH.png

TeamCohesion.png

Edited by deded

On 15/10/2020 at 05:03, HeavyPunch said:

After stopping fm for awhile, i decided to try Cerber with this team, relegated in real life and BOMB! first season in fm20. 
People said there's not one tactic which guarantee success, but this is guarantee success, not exaggerated at all. The best for me. 

721358331_WeChatImage_20201015120118.thumb.png.a4c48b6731ad70ccc32669c941ddd05c.png

Switching between Cerber and ShieldWall in matches. Don't think it could get any better. 
Looking forward to another awesome TFF tactic in fm21. 

which skin is this please? reminds me of an older version of fm

On 19/10/2020 at 15:03, Loftus66 said:

Hi all,

Do you usually change the mentality to cautios after the first or a few seasons?
I'm with Villa fourth season (and haven't). Can't get a win from anywhere.

i never chnaged anything. won PL and CL in 3rd season, and almost everything in 4th season with Leicester.

Just now, fmjonek said:

i never chnaged anything. won PL and CL in 3rd season, and almost everything in 4th season with Leicester.

OK, thanx @fmjonek

Might be my training methods, getting tons of injuries though I stick to Balanced all season an my coaches and physios are OK...? Can't seem to figure it out.

Am 16.10.2020 um 07:03 schrieb deded:

Hi,

I started play with Dynamo Dresden. Tactics Cerber v5. Page 77

• first season with data update(for 20/21) started in 3 Liga, postpone (33wins 5 draws 0 loss)
  • second season 2 liga (28 wins 8draws 2 loss)
  • bundesliga for 5 years first 11 place(same squad like in 3 liga!!!) then 9place and then 1st, 3rd and again winners.
  • my last season Champion league winners
  • !My squad is poor avrage(no budget) you can look on my screen

This tactics is brilliant. Thank's TTF for your work

My advice:

• training schedule:https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm20-development-guide-and-training-schedules.html
  • for team talks use assistant manager with high mottivation, level of discipline, determination attributes(every team talk for him)
  • when you score a goal use shout Praise
  • THROW - IN DL take left DR take right(long throws attribut)
  • Corners Left ML Right MR
  • Every look on fittness and match practice attribut for fittness 90% and more. Match practice 80% and more but in Germany it is difficult second teams I don't understand
  • !Keep your dynamics in green mode!Players are happy, team cohesion etc... look on my pictures

This year(FM20) it is not to much difficult to win Champions League with this tactics(strange)...

That's it...

Man i love Batista-Meier somehow....idk, he always fits in my team. I`m a fanboy for sure.
Nice, congratz bro. It`s sad that Dynamo is one leage down, i wish this club the best.

Stay safe, have a nice weekend@all.

59 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan,

If playing  in lower leagues such us vanarama leagues, and we want to use filters. Shouldn't we use the minus button to reduce all attribute instead of reducing matching condition ??

Hey mate,

Simply reducing all attributes by 1 point won't work because it's much more complicated that that. Somewhere in this thread must be my detailed explanation of how to deal with attributes, try searching for it.

23 hours ago, kidmiz said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan,

If playing  in lower leagues such us vanarama leagues, and we want to use filters. Shouldn't we use the minus button to reduce all attribute instead of reducing matching condition ??

Capture.PNG.af98bfc1739a586573abab92e40da4ed.PNG

Also really interested in this. Going to have a good search through the thread when I get back from work, so i'll report back what I find ;)

On 23/10/2020 at 04:42, Nebuuu said:

Man i love Batista-Meier somehow....idk, he always fits in my team. I`m a fanboy for sure.
Nice, congratz bro. It`s sad that Dynamo is one leage down, i wish this club the best.

Stay safe, have a nice weekend@all.

Just out of curiosity @Nebuuu: You're playing Batista Meier as a MR, right?

@wixta79 The only thing I've seen on here is that it's just the the way it is, but that the results are great. Experienced that as well for 3 seasons, but after a mediocre 4th I'm naturally starting to question if the WB's could be to blame. Partially at least. A fix for it? Sorry to say I have none, but I'll allert you if I find one.

18 hours ago, wixta79 said:

really struggle to get any good ratings from wing backs?

I think TFF addressed this earlier in the thread. I believe he said the engine doesn't rate the work the the WB does as important so gives the players a lower rating, although in TFFs system it is important, so not to worry about ratings

On 23/10/2020 at 09:47, kidmiz said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan,

Capture.PNG.af98bfc1739a586573abab92e40da4ed.PNG

Hey mate, I'm about half way through the thread. This is where @Totalfootballfan discusses attributes  https://community.sigames.com/topic/507817-fm20-tactics-by-tff/page/48/?tab=comments#comment-12319696

@Totalfootballfan I think this is the most interesting information in the whole thread. I have a question, how do you prioritize one attribute over the other?

49 minutes ago, middleweight165 said:

Hey mate, I'm about half way through the thread. This is where @Totalfootballfan discusses attributes  https://community.sigames.com/topic/507817-fm20-tactics-by-tff/page/48/?tab=comments#comment-12319696

@Totalfootballfan I think this is the most interesting information in the whole thread. I have a question, how do you prioritize one attribute over the other?

Hey mate,

Your question was also answered in details somewhere in the thread.

In short, let's say you want to buy a central defender for your team so what qualities you may want to see in a central defender:

1) Strength 

2) Quickness

3) Jumping Reach

4) Good passing skill

5) Good technique

But let's assume that your budget only allows you to get 3 of the 5 qualities so it would be logical to choose "Strength", "Quickness", "Jumping Reach" and drop "Good passing skill",  "Good technique" because the first three qualities are crucial for a central defender and a central defender can still do well without having "Good passing skill" and "Good technique"

It's beneficial when a player has as many qualities as possible but often you can't have all the useful qualities so you have to choose.

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

Your question was also answered in details somewhere in the thread.

In short, let's say you want to buy a central defender for your team so what qualities you may want to see in a central defender:

1) Strength 

2) Quickness

3) Jumping Reach

4) Good passing skill

5) Good technique

But let's assume that your budget only allows you to get 3 of the 5 qualities so it would be logical to choose "Strength", "Quickness", "Jumping Reach" and drop "Good passing skill",  "Good technique" because the first three qualities are crucial for a central defender and a central defender can still do well without having "Good passing skill" and "Good technique"

It's beneficial when a player has as many qualities as possible but often you can't have all the useful qualities so you have to choose.

@Totalfootballfan Absolutely, I understand this. It's the closer attributes that are more difficult to separate I was asking about. Of course it's easy to separate defensive skills from technical skills for a defender, but what about the scenario where you have player A and B who's attributes are all 14 except, player A has 15 in Technique, where B has 15 in First Touch. How do you prioritize the 'grey area' attributes?

I guess being able to prioritize different attributes requires intimate knowledge of the game, something I don't have. Is there a way a more novice player like myself can close the knowledge gap?

Edited by middleweight165

35 minutes ago, middleweight165 said:

@Totalfootballfan Absolutely, I understand this. It's the closer attributes that are more difficult to separate I was asking about. Of course it's easy to separate defensive skills from technical skills for a defender, but what about the scenario where you have player A and B who's attributes are all 14 except, player A has 15 in Technique, where B has 15 in First Touch. How do you prioritize the 'grey area' attributes?

I guess being able to prioritize different attributes requires intimate knowledge of the game, something I don't have. Is there a way a more novice player like myself can close the knowledge gap?

I'd say most time when the choice isn't obvious then you shouldn't worry too much about making a mistake when picking a player because there won't be any significant difference between your choices.  So let's say if one player has "14 First Touch" / "15 Technique"  and other player has "15 First Touch" / "14 Technique" and all their other attributes are equal then I'd say such players are equal. I'd suggest not puzzel over what's better +1 Decision or +1 Teqchinieq because as I said when it's the only differece then it's almost nothing.

54 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I'd say most time when the choice isn't obvious then you shouldn't worry too much about making a mistake when picking a player because there won't be any significant difference between your choices.  So let's say if one player has "14 First Touch" / "15 Technique"  and other player has "15 First Touch" / "14 Technique" and all their other attributes are equal then I'd say such players are equal. I'd suggest not puzzel over what's better +1 Decision or +1 Teqchinieq because as I said when it's the only differece then it's almost nothing.

Thanks @Totalfootballfan, common sense really :)

Random question. I'm managing in Hungary, obviously the quality of player is lower than the big leagues. I'm thinking about developing players to fit the system. Am i able to take really young, low CA players with high PA and shape them to fit this system by training them in the positions? There is a young CB who's CA is 15 and PA is 138 so 123 points available (using Genie Scout). He has 17 determination, 10 Acceleration, 10 Pace, 11 Jumping Reach and 14 natural fitness, Heading 9, Marking 10, Tackling 10. He's 17, 6'7.

Is he a player who can be developed well for this system?

40 minutes ago, middleweight165 said:

Thanks @Totalfootballfan, common sense really :)

Random question. I'm managing in Hungary, obviously the quality of player is lower than the big leagues. I'm thinking about developing players to fit the system. Am i able to take really young, low CA players with high PA and shape them to fit this system by training them in the positions? There is a young CB who's CA is 15 and PA is 138 so 123 points available (using Genie Scout). He has 17 determination, 10 Acceleration, 10 Pace, 11 Jumping Reach and 14 natural fitness, Heading 9, Marking 10, Tackling 10. He's 17, 6'7.

Is he a player who can be developed well for this system?

it's really hard to say because the development is quite random and he's got a lot of points to allocate.

Btw, if he's got 20 Professionalism, 20 Ambition and he participates in a competitive match every week and he doesn't get injured then it will take him about 7-10 seasons to reaches his PA.

Also, there are some attributes that don't develop in normal way, I'm talking about such attributes as Jumping Reach, Natural Fitness, Bravery, Aggression, Determination, Team Work, Work Rate.

11 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

it's really hard to say because the development is quite random and he's got a lot of points to allocate.

Btw, if he's got 20 Professionalism, 20 Ambition and he participates in a competitive match every week and he doesn't get injured then it will take him about 7-10 seasons to reaches his PA.

Also, there are some attributes that don't develop in normal way, I'm talking about such attributes as Jumping Reach, Natural Fitness, Bravery, Aggression, Determination, Team Work, Work Rate.

Interesting. Sounds like youth development isn't really worth it when you can just sign players with already developed attributes

17 minutes ago, middleweight165 said:

Interesting. Sounds like youth development isn't really worth it when you can just sign players with already developed attributes

Heh, if you've got an unlimited budget then no doubt it's easier to buy the required player than developing such player but not all clubs have an unlimited budget. :)

if we take the player that you mentioned then as you said he's got 123 CA points to allocate but you can't control how every single pont will be allocated, the only what you can do is slightly direct the allocation so it still will be quite random and not all attributes can be developed.

45 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Heh, if you've got an unlimited budget then no doubt it's easier to buy the required player than developing such player but not all clubs have an unlimited budget. :)

if we take the player that you mentioned then as you said he's got 123 CA points to allocate but you can't control how every single pont will be allocated, the only what you can do is slightly direct the allocation so it still will be quite random and not all attributes can be developed.

I just don't think it's worth it, you can always find good players on the market for cheap/free.

My next question is if it is all about player quality, is it possible for a team from Hungary for example to win the Champions League or would it just be lucky?

Hey. Does everyone who uses the Cerberus v4 or Annihilator v4 tactics have a problem with the Wing Backs? It's just that I constantly see my players play with scores below 6.5 in matches. Currently I play for Chelsea in the 25/26 season and there are Rhys James, Tomori, Jedson Fernandes, Tagliafico, Maatsen among the full-backs. In general, the players are normal in terms of skills, but there are no rules of the game from them. Last season I was in Wolfsburg, there too, everything seems to be good in terms of skills, but failure after failure, in particular, William disappointed most of all. I often see such a picture that the opponent passes to the flank, where my full-back takes care of the player, he rushes at him, of course the opponent's player easily leaves him and goes 1 on 1. How can I solve the problem so that my player does not rush on an opponent in an attempt to block, but did you press positionally?
Well, playing with opponents at a high pace is just awful. In particular, the match with Man City was just a disaster. There Leon Bailey could just run the entire field to my goal and score a goal. Just a courtyard. And in such matches MR and ML completely fail. What to do? Changing mentality doesn't help. And the transition to defensive tactics (Shield Wall) also did not bring results. 

MC-Che.JPG

29 minutes ago, middleweight165 said:

My next question is if it is all about player quality, is it possible for a team from Hungary for example to win the Champions League or would it just be lucky?

Nothing is predetermined when it comes to the result of a match, there are alwasy 3 outcome: % win chance, % draw chance, % lose chance. I can say that with Man City using Cerber tactic I've got only about 30% win chance in an away match vs Liverpool, of course, in a home match % win chance would be much higher so even with the best team in the game there's always % chance of losing vs the weakest team in the game so everything is possible and nothing is predetermined.  

14 hours ago, 9esanN said:

Hey. Does everyone who uses the Cerberus v4 or Annihilator v4 tactics have a problem with the Wing Backs? It's just that I constantly see my players play with scores below 6.5 in matches. Currently I play for Chelsea in the 25/26 season and there are Rhys James, Tomori, Jedson Fernandes, Tagliafico, Maatsen among the full-backs. In general, the players are normal in terms of skills, but there are no rules of the game from them. Last season I was in Wolfsburg, there too, everything seems to be good in terms of skills, but failure after failure, in particular, William disappointed most of all. I often see such a picture that the opponent passes to the flank, where my full-back takes care of the player, he rushes at him, of course the opponent's player easily leaves him and goes 1 on 1. How can I solve the problem so that my player does not rush on an opponent in an attempt to block, but did you press positionally?
Well, playing with opponents at a high pace is just awful. In particular, the match with Man City was just a disaster. There Leon Bailey could just run the entire field to my goal and score a goal. Just a courtyard. And in such matches MR and ML completely fail. What to do? Changing mentality doesn't help. And the transition to defensive tactics (Shield Wall) also did not bring results. 

MC-Che.JPG

Well, I personally think that the tactic provides general positive results through out your campaign by increasing your winning chance. it doesn't mean to win all the duel between players or even matches. 
For your case, leon bailey is one of the best winger in the game and it's very difficult to mark or tackle him, so it is completely normal that happened. There could be so many circumstances and scenario in every ball falling to the dribblers and how the dribblers do with the ball, and where are your players' position when that happens, are they running to chase the ball? or they were at the position to mark and tackle? If your aim is to go into details such as these, is up to you to watch your highlights and do your own analysis, then tweak specifically to counter the play.
As i have been using the cerberv5 for thousand of matches, I can tell that usually the ball will only end up to the dribbler for an open run is from set pieces, so maybe you can drop your wing back from the side you have problem with to stay back at all time, it might help. 
And the beauty of the game just like in rl football is, you can only do so much with paper, and see how it pans out. Cheers.

6 hours ago, HeavyPunch said:

Well, I personally think that the tactic provides general positive results through out your campaign by increasing your winning chance. it doesn't mean to win all the duel between players or even matches. 
For your case, leon bailey is one of the best winger in the game and it's very difficult to mark or tackle him, so it is completely normal that happened. There could be so many circumstances and scenario in every ball falling to the dribblers and how the dribblers do with the ball, and where are your players' position when that happens, are they running to chase the ball? or they were at the position to mark and tackle? If your aim is to go into details such as these, is up to you to watch your highlights and do your own analysis, then tweak specifically to counter the play.
As i have been using the cerberv5 for thousand of matches, I can tell that usually the ball will only end up to the dribbler for an open run is from set pieces, so maybe you can drop your wing back from the side you have problem with to stay back at all time, it might help. 
And the beauty of the game just like in rl football is, you can only do so much with paper, and see how it pans out. Cheers.

I agree with you that Bailey is one of the best, but I want to understand the reasons for such failures, leading to the fact that the opposing players move freely with the ball to the goal and score a goal or create a dangerous moment. For example, he noticed that the special ability to "move from the flank to the center" or the like, as for example in Pulisic, leads to the fact that such players simply start running with the ball across the field and simply lose it, which leads to a counterattack, instead of give the transmission and then open up, distract or run into the area. This is terribly annoying. So, what special skills do you think the players should have so that this is a plus for the team and does not lead to sad consequences?