Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have started adopting the approach of using Cerber for a max of 2 seasons then switching to annilhator for a max of two seasons. Working very nicely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic tactics created by TFF !!

I have been playing this game (FM20) with the latest patch for the last week and I have used the 'Cerber V4' tactic and the 'Annilhator V1' (both can be found in OP)

I have had tremendous success in my save so far.

Also 'shield wall' can be great if used correctly to close out a game.

Has anyone else noticed a rather large amount of last minute goals in this version?

Edited by Amnesia92
Link to post
Share on other sites

Games with Cerber and its close cousin Fighter have tended to follow one of a few patterns

1. Scoring bucketloads in quick time

2. Bossing the stats but game ends 1-0/0-0/0-1

3. Getting destroyed in quick time

If I lose a man it's a very difficult system to patch together as mahoosive space is conceded somewhere. Most commonly I'm conceding from just giving the ball away, a lump down the pitch or a screamer from 20-30 yards. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jwccfc1987 said:

Games with Cerber and its close cousin Fighter have tended to follow one of a few patterns

1. Scoring bucketloads in quick time

2. Bossing the stats but game ends 1-0/0-0/0-1

3. Getting destroyed in quick time

If I lose a man it's a very difficult system to patch together as mahoosive space is conceded somewhere. Most commonly I'm conceding from just giving the ball away, a lump down the pitch or a screamer from 20-30 yards. 

 

This is my experience also.

Precisely why I'm here to search for tweaks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, delaneytomlinson said:

Yes very narrow in posession

Going to give this a go, as I'm having mixed results with Cerber.

 

Thanks for highlighting the tactics success.

 

EDIT: Did you do any other tweaking when playing home/away or against certain opposition? 

Edited by Wiwyum
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, manidaro7 said:

CDR(Right Foot) - Very Strong

 

what role are you referring to?

My guess would be....

Central Defender - Right side

 

Image for clarification

d2CbPANVOR.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wiwyum said:

Going to give this a go, as I'm having mixed results with Cerber.

 

Thanks for highlighting the tactics success.

 

EDIT: Did you do any other tweaking when playing home/away or against certain opposition? 

no tweaking when playing home or away, just changing the mentality between attacking, positive and balanced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, delaneytomlinson said:

no tweaking when playing home or away, just changing the mentality between attacking, positive and balanced.

Thank you so much for clarifying. I have adopted this tactic based on your suggestion and so far it's been excellent. Thank you so much! and of course TFF for creating it in the first place. 

 

 

fm_4012VRoHny.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wiwyum said:

This is my experience also.

Precisely why I'm here to search for tweaks.

Seems like you found one! Quarter of the way through the season and while objectively performance is good it’s a bit frustrating how the games pan out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedDevil28 said:

what is the best way to rotate the squad in order not to affect the player and the team happiness?

have to two 11 player rotations and rotate them each game! 1 game 1st eleven next game 2nd elven , 3rd game 1st eleven and so on ! 

Edited by Jonas91
Link to post
Share on other sites

Results now starting to get even worse despite increased familiarity. Giving the ball away constantly, conceding screamers, tapping sitters straight to the keeper, getting thrashed by mid table junk, I've had enough. So fed up

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jwccfc1987 said:

Results now starting to get even worse despite increased familiarity. Giving the ball away constantly, conceding screamers, tapping sitters straight to the keeper, getting thrashed by mid table junk, I've had enough. So fed up

I have found with all tactics, not just TFF'S, is that you need to give tactics a few seasons. I have yet to find a tactic thaTt is just plug and play which you could do in previous versions of FM. I still find Annilihator works best for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Victorhugo4222 said:

I have found with all tactics, not just TFF'S, is that you need to give tactics a few seasons. I have yet to find a tactic thaTt is just plug and play which you could do in previous versions of FM. I still find Annilihator works best for me.

Which is fair enough, but I had around 2-3 seasons of Knap tactics and a similar number with TFF. Don't mean to complain but it's just annoying seeing the same stuff repeat itself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Victorhugo4222 said:

I have found with all tactics, not just TFF'S, is that you need to give tactics a few seasons. I have yet to find a tactic thaTt is just plug and play which you could do in previous versions of FM. I still find Annilihator works best for me.

Agree, I change tactic every season now.

I used 'Cerber V4' for two seasons in a row but found that it was becoming 'stale' towards the latter half of the second season.

I am now using 'Annilhator V1' and destroying everything in my way. 

Use the touchline shouts as often as possible they make a huge difference, also team talks are equally important.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amnesia92 said:

Agree, I change tactic every season now.

I used 'Cerber V4' for two seasons in a row but found that it was becoming 'stale' towards the latter half of the second season.

I am now using 'Annilhator V1' and destroying everything in my way. 

Use the touchline shouts as often as possible they make a huge difference, also team talks are equally important.

I do all that but keep losing against crap teams at home in the same way. Team has improved year on year but the same stuff keeps happening and I'm just fed up of it. As I speak just lost at home to a side in the relegation zone

Link to post
Share on other sites

Case in point 60% possession against another bottom 3 side, lose 2-0 thanks to a dude just running past everyone from my own set piece. Opposition keeper does wonder saves, my guys pull off incredible misses all over the place. It's like this nearly every game now. Throwing computer out the window

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jwccfc1987 said:

Games with Cerber and its close cousin Fighter have tended to follow one of a few patterns

1. Scoring bucketloads in quick time

2. Bossing the stats but game ends 1-0/0-0/0-1

3. Getting destroyed in quick time

If I lose a man it's a very difficult system to patch together as mahoosive space is conceded somewhere. Most commonly I'm conceding from just giving the ball away, a lump down the pitch or a screamer from 20-30 yards. 

 

Yep that's what I found also so decided to take a break from the game as I was getting too frustrated. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Yep that's what I found also so decided to take a break from the game as I was getting too frustrated. 

 

Probably should as well tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jwccfc1987 said:

Case in point 60% possession against another bottom 3 side, lose 2-0 thanks to a dude just running past everyone from my own set piece. Opposition keeper does wonder saves, my guys pull off incredible misses all over the place. It's like this nearly every game now. Throwing computer out the window

hi Bro, how is your dressing room atmosphere? I found these tactics relies very much on the squard morale.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any tips to improve the shadow striker with Cerver V4 ? Seems to be the only weakness in my team as he does not score or assist much and get average ratings..

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JBruce20 said:

hi Bro, how is your dressing room atmosphere? I found these tactics relies very much on the squard morale.

It’s nearly perfect, also best coaching in the league and facilities upgraded to max. But regardless of the tactics used (and sticking with them for at least a season or two) I concede and score goals in the same way as I did in League 1. Most annoying is players hanging around on the box, getting tackled then it’s hoofed over the top for 0-1.

I will say again that objectively performances have been very good with Knap/TFF but the match experience is unenjoyable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jwccfc1987 said:

It’s nearly perfect, also best coaching in the league and facilities upgraded to max. But regardless of the tactics used (and sticking with them for at least a season or two) I concede and score goals in the same way as I did in League 1. Most annoying is players hanging around on the box, getting tackled then it’s hoofed over the top for 0-1.

I will say again that objectively performances have been very good with Knap/TFF but the match experience is unenjoyable 

 

Multiple times i have been tempted to go back to FM18, i've found some of my own tactics work on 20 and i've had success and also had success with other peoples. But i think that plug and play era of tactics is gone.

I appreciate the work TFF and Knap do, but i tend to think there is an overkill with the amount of tactics that we see uploaded this year and last, Knap in particular puts out a ridiculous amount.  He must have about a dozen 442's  alone. Again i appreciate them both and they probably do create the best tactics overall. But i do remember the days, you'd find a tactic and that would be it, it would be your career tactic on multiple saves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, smithy20 said:

 

Multiple times i have been tempted to go back to FM18, i've found some of my own tactics work on 20 and i've had success and also had success with other peoples. But i think that plug and play era of tactics is gone.

I appreciate the work TFF and Knap do, but i tend to think there is an overkill with the amount of tactics that we see uploaded this year and last, Knap in particular puts out a ridiculous amount.  He must have about a dozen 442's  alone. Again i appreciate them both and they probably do create the best tactics overall. But i do remember the days, you'd find a tactic and that would be it, it would be your career tactic on multiple saves.

Yeah even in FM19 the TFF tactics were enough to use for seasons on end. I just found it a bit ridiculous to always be turned over by weaker sides in the same way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

End of season three with Rangers and Scotland. No Champions League win this year, but a Quadruple and Record Wins, Points and Goals in a league season. Cerber V4 continues to work wonders.

Quadruple.png

Record Goals.png

Record Points.png

Record Wins.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Needed 4 points to secure 3rd place. In its infinite wisdom the game puts 3 games in a week to finish the season including away at Arsenal and United. Of course, it decides to take out my keeper for just a week with an 'innocuous injury' so the reserve has to come in. Scrape the first game so a point needed. Go 2-1 up at Arsenal with 5 minutes left, of course concede from a punt down the pitch and to crown it off, the reserve keeper drops a free kick in the last seconds to lose the game. 

Players now tired, so off to United to miss a flurry of sitters before going behind. Miss a penalty and then 3 times in a row the ball sails over a defenders head to allow a 4-0 loss. Finish 4th by a point.

I'm sorry, I'm done. That's a f***ing joke.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Amnesia92 said:

Agree, I change tactic every season now.

I used 'Cerber V4' for two seasons in a row but found that it was becoming 'stale' towards the latter half of the second season.

I am now using 'Annilhator V1' and destroying everything in my way. 

Use the touchline shouts as often as possible they make a huge difference, also team talks are equally important.

Funnily enough i just switched to cerber4 after 4 seasons of annilihator and results seemed to improve massively! Those results with MAdrid looking amazing good work mate!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Cerber V4 and Annihilator V1 work really well with my Leicester team.

However you will find Cerber will be more stable than Annihilator.

You can score a lot of goals with Annihilator (more than Cerber) but a the same time you could conceded some goals (more than Cerber) as well.

Keep in mind, it took around 10-15 games until the tactic become fluid to your team and you can see the great result after that.

 

Personally I like Annihilator more than Cerber as my team can score more goals. You just need  to make sure you have great defence line up for your team to avoid conceding goals.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Won the league again with Atletico, but its not easy. I've to get like 100 points to win. Still using Annihilator and loving it. 

Haaland is still a beast with over 50 goals for 3rd season in a row (all competitions). 41 goals in 32 league games, 7.99 average rating.

Edited by catoV
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, D-Sky said:

Both Cerber V4 and Annihilator V1 work really well with my Leicester team.

However you will find Cerber will be more stable than Annihilator.

You can score a lot of goals with Annihilator (more than Cerber) but a the same time you could conceded some goals (more than Cerber) as well.

Keep in mind, it took around 10-15 games until the tactic become fluid to your team and you can see the great result after that.

 

Personally I like Annihilator more than Cerber as my team can score more goals. You just need  to make sure you have great defence line up for your team to avoid conceding goals.

 

I can't agree more.

Cerber helps with it's stable defence to overachieve when you start league, which results in AI starting to play more cautious against you.

When you are favourite, Cerber lacks with creating chances if you compare with Annihilator.

Annihilator somehow works better with breaking opposition defence even if they play defensive as a unit, whereas Cerber usually try to exploit with set-pieces mostly.

Cerber's overload is helping in these cases, but still Annihilator is slightly more effective offence-wise and also Annihilator has it's own overload tactic too anyway.

Annihilator tactic set brings me more success if I am top or sub-top team in my league. But it may back-fire when you are underdog or a newly promoted team to a higher tier that season, you might concede lot and have a unstable defence even if you have good defenders in your tier.

If I'm an average or poor team, I try to use Cerber in the first half of the season and latter stages I try to switch to Annihilator. This way works better for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amnesia92 said:

What results you had with this mate?

Any feedback

i'm in 2028/2029 with blyth spartans, last season 2027/2028 tweak the tactic after a defeat against Liverpool 29th october, after that didn't lose any match in premier and won it with 101 points (with 3 or 4 games draw  leaving to the assistant with second line formation) only 16 goals conceded, won the fa cup, lost against chelsea in the semi-finals champions league (unlucky match) 3-1 away and won 1-0 home, in carabao out with penalties, the most good thing are the clean sheet with this formation, the opponent finish with zero shot on target very often.. the team is strong but with a medium age of only 22,5 y.o. so i think is a very good achievement

Is quite important that the 2 AMC had good shooting from distance, but the player that score more is the forward, 48 matches 48 goals for me, then the 2 wingers and the AMC, for the other things is the same as TFF says in his tactic post

ps: sorry for my poor english and THANKS to @Totalfootballfan for his awesome tactic

calendario 1.JPG

calendario 2.JPG

calendario 3.JPG

calendario 4 nuova stagione.JPG

classifica.JPG

match city 2.JPG

match city.JPG

Edited by iwin89god
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...