FM20 Tactics by TFF

11 minutes ago, StussyOriginal said:

Is it just me or with Anihaltor the ST doesn't score much? Really struggling to find a tactic where strikers flourish opposed to most goals from wingers and AM's

Hi,

For example, here's stats from my sim test with Chelsea using Annihilator tactic, as you can see in the screenshot below the striker is the top scorer across the positions and I see similar stat after every test with different teams:

annihilator-stats2.thumb.png.5167b673c3cd73192a5584a7d8ae382a.png

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, StussyOriginal said:

Is it just me or with Anihaltor the ST doesn't score much? Really struggling to find a tactic where strikers flourish opposed to most goals from wingers and AM's

I'm getting a goal a game average with Alfredo Morelos in my Rangers save.

@TotalfootballfanThanks for the detailed reply.

My comment on away performance obviously only apply to Man Utd in this save - pointing out some consistent results.

Big issue was yellow/red cards; could be factor of player quality (dirtiness, aggression and tackling ability).

Going to try a version with hard tackling removed and change mentality.

Home form outstanding.

1 minute ago, AaronRedDevil said:

Going to try a version with hard tackling removed and change mentality.

I'd say you can't do much to prevent a straight red card because they just randomly happens to time from time and you said correctly that such attribute as "Dirtiness" has great impact on it.

But you can prevent a red card that happens due to the 2nd yellow card and to prevent it you need to remove "Hard Tackles" PI from a player if you see he's booked during a match

Also, I don't recommend playing without "Hard Tackles", of course, you'll be getting less yellow cards per match but your results also decrease, at least, that happens in my tests... getting extra yellow cards per match is a price for better results :)

11 minutes ago, ROBELINKpt said:

What tactic have you guys been using? im predicted mid table

Hi,

No matter what team you manage, I suggest choosing from 2 tactics:  Annihilator V1 or Fighter V1

Use Annihilator V1 if you can fit your team into this tactic(I find it's the most effective tactic at the moment) and if you can't fit your team into it then use Fighter V1(you can fit any team into it) until you build your team for Annihilator tactic

Also, during matches I suggest using support tactics such as Shield Wall tactic( to boost your defense) and Overload version( to boost your attack)

39 minutes ago, Dersturmer said:

TFF 

Hey. Did you try 3-4-3 with MR and ML (no wing back left and wing back right)? In my save Jorge Sampaoli has good results with Bayern with this formation.

Hey,

Yes, I've tried 3-4-3 with MR and ML and for me it worked very poorly, the defense was very weak and the attack wasn't good enough to compensate the very weak defense

13 hours ago, serek said:

I'm almost at 100 already. I don't remember which tactis I was using exactly (I started this save months ago), but atm I'm using Annihilator. Everything else is just your skills as a manager and some luck.

that's crazy man so you've won the quadruple 2-3 seasons in a row then? or is the unbeaten streak just in the league?

2 hours ago, Wardie37 said:

How do you guys decide what yoing players will develop good attributes that match the filters for your tactics?

obviously if those attributes are higher when new gen appears, the better they will be later. second thing is to start train them for the role asap, with focus on attributes they lack most.

Hi TFF,

Thank you for share your tactics, I am using your ANNIHILATOR V1 tactic for Dortmund, three seasons I won two Champions League and three Bundesliga. Only one problem I am facing all along these three seasons: My AMCL and AMCR's performance not stable or could not achieve what I expect. I had tried Kai Harvertz and Diogo Jota, most of the games they rate 6.5-7.0, Sergio Gomez and Rues (Before retired) seems better because I set them to take the corners so they have many assistants. 

I couldn't get B. Silva and Dybala, Would you please suggest which player I could sign? BTW, is Diogo Jota or Lewis Cook or Foden suitable for this position? Thanks

JBruce

2 minutes ago, JBruce20 said:

Hi TFF,

Thank you for share your tactics, I am using your ANNIHILATOR V1 tactic for Dortmund, three seasons I won two Champions League and three Bundesliga. Only one problem I am facing all along these three seasons: My AMCL and AMCR's performance not stable or could not achieve what I expect. I had tried Kai Harvertz and Diogo Jota, most of the games they rate 6.5-7.0, Sergio Gomez and Rues (Before retired) seems better because I set them to take the corners so they have many assistants. 

I couldn't get B. Silva and Dybala, Would you please suggest which player I could sign? BTW, is Diogo Jota or Lewis Cook or Foden suitable for this position? Thanks

JBruce

Foden, Felix, Almada, Olmo they all should do well imo

On 26/03/2020 at 21:47, delaneytomlinson said:

A little report on my progress using Raptor V4 with Inter Milan, eight seasons completed with a very good squad, still missing that Mbappe class of player to win multiple consecutive CL titles and breaking other records such as becoming invincible in the league = not losing once.

2019-2020 season:

- Serie A Champions

- 31 wins, 5 draws, 2 loses, 89 goals scored 27 conceded, 62+ goal difference.

2020-2021 season

- 2nd place in the league

- 24 wins, 10 draws, 4 loses, 89 goals scored, 30 conceded, 59+ goal difference

2021-2022 season

- Serie A Champions

32 wins, 3 draws, 3 loses, 108 goals scored, 23 conceded, 85+ goal difference

2022-2023 season

- Serie A Champions

34 wins, 2 draws, 2 loses, 122 goals scored, 18 conceded, 104+ goal difference

2023-2024 season

- Serie A Champions

34 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss, 101 goals scored, 24 conceded, 77+ goal difference.

2024-2025 season

- Serie A Champions

35 wins, 1 draw, 2 loses, 111 goals scored, 17 conceded, 94+ goal difference

2025-2026 season

- Serie A Champions

32 wins, 4 draws, 2 loses, 117 goals scored , 21 conceded, 96+ goal difference

2026-2027 ( my best ever season )

- Quadruple winners, Super Cup, Italian Cup, League & Champions League winners

35 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss, 117 goals scored 16 conceded, 101+ goal difference

Link?:)

Summary: It took me 8 seasons to achieve 95% of what I wanted to achieve which was the quadruple, the only thing I want to achieve now is an invincible season (without losing for those who don't know what invincible means. I reached 5 CL finals in 6 years winning two of them, the ones that I lost were very very unlucky, 2 final loses were on penalties to Arsenal & Liverpool. I reached #1 in the world as the most reputable team in the world and got offered the National team job with Italy, I'm currently in the Semi-Finals of the Nations League vs England. 

My profile stats: 448 games played, 359 wins, 44 draws and 45 loses. 1,221 goals scored, 302 goals conceded, 919+ goal difference, win percentage is 80%

Note: I don't micro-manage my team, meaning when the games are played I do my instructions then I leave the game to play by itself while I watch TV, maybe if I micro-managed my team I wouldn't lose once, but I don't like to look at the screen 24-7 when I'm playing if that makes sense.

TFF - Using Cerber V3 and like I said before great tactic for me.

One criticism and I think this has come up before but may well be out your hands...

Indirect free kicks - I seem to concede them by the bucket full. Just lost an important game (2nd v 3rd) 3-2 and all 3 of their goals were indirect free kicks.

i used annihilator v1, cerber v3 and fighter v1. and i can say that i get more efficiency from fighter v1 than others. when i use fighter v1 i comfortably lean back and watching how i win this game. but when i use annihilator v1 or cerber v3 okay i usually win the game but the games a little bit stressful. thank you TFF for all tactics :)

What can I say TFF? 1st season League and Cup double and Europa League Quarter Final was impressive. But 2nd season Quadruple? Winning the Champions League with Rangers with most of the original squad is incredible. The run to the final was more than a little exciting, getting out of a group with Juve and Real, twice winning on away goals as well. Oh and Ojo scoring in the final against Liverpool, they should have put a clause in his loan deal :lol:

I will be sticking with Cerber for a while yet I think. I can recommend Pedro Chirivella as an excellent budget DLP for either CM or DM. One of the best Bosman signings I ever made.

Thank you for all your work over the years.

Stewart Gaffney_ Inbox.png

Rangers_ Competitions.png

Rangers v Liverpool_ Review.png

Rangers_ Fixtures.png

Edited by StewG

1 hour ago, Scruffer23 said:

Need thoughts on this striker @Totalfootballfan58738CF9-5F1C-49B5-90AE-24260CB8103B.thumb.jpeg.e696bd2e4cc74deeab23825441070066.jpeg

I'd say for such teams as Everton or Southampton he is an amazing striker but for such teams as Barca, Liverpool and Man City he is just OK

1 hour ago, patorucito7 said:

Hi TFF,

which tactic is better Cerber or Fighter because You keep mentioning Annihilation or Fighet? What about Cerber then.

Thanks.

Hi,

I find Annihilator is better than Cerber

Using Fighter v1 with Everton. In my first season we somehow won the league. Season Two, and even though we have had a few injuries, I am finding the tactic is no longer working as well as it did. Looking at other tactics on here, Annihilator looks good, but tricky to implement at this time as the players I have bought are all for the Fighter v1 tactic. Any ideas on how best to freshen tactics up?

7 minutes ago, Carl0sAlbert0 said:

Using Fighter v1 with Everton. In my first season we somehow won the league. Season Two, and even though we have had a few injuries, I am finding the tactic is no longer working as well as it did. Looking at other tactics on here, Annihilator looks good, but tricky to implement at this time as the players I have bought are all for the Fighter v1 tactic. Any ideas on how best to freshen tactics up?

Fighter V1 is less effective than Annihilator V1 and it means that you always need a better team with Fighter V1 to achieve the same results as with Annihilator

I've tried Fighter V1 with many different teams in EPL and I can say that I had solid chances to win the league with such teams as Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea but it wasn't guaranty because Man City or Liverpool might have a very good season when they get about 100+ pts

I find that you start dominate(almost guaranty win the title) EPL with Fighter V1 only when you reach similar average CA as Liverpool and Man City

For example, here are the CA of Liverpool, Man City and Everton

liverpool-ca.thumb.png.a020a2a93442927474a13b6a86dab621.png

man-city-ca.thumb.png.1241f3d798c76046ca782b1877c1e74a.png

everton-ca.thumb.png.aa8983be37abcdb360b58da257c29dfc.png

As it can be seen from the screenshots above:

- the average CA of the best 11 Liverpool player is 166CA ( the most important positions - attackers are 175CA)

- the average CA of the best 11 Man City player is 169CA ( the most important positions - attackers are 178CA)

- the average CA of the best 11 Everton player is 142CA ( the most important positions - attackers are 144CA)

The difference is huge but even with such huge difference I sometimes win the title with Everton using Fighter V1 in the 1st season but to do that I need a perfect season for my team and Livepool and Man City must have a very poor season

As I said with Fighter V1 I start guaranty win the title only when I reach the average CA of Liverpool and Man City 

16 minutes ago, Carl0sAlbert0 said:

Brilliant, thank you. Yeah, I think I got lucky last season - some results were incredible.

Here's how it works :)

A sim test with Leicester, the 1st season, predicted 7th, the default team - no transfers

The Morale and Conditions were frozen at 100% for all the teams in the league

Annihilator V1 - tactic

sim-test-leicester-1.thumb.png.3da163577cb4b3bfe2ea77fa2a7232b3.png

sim-test-leicester-2.thumb.png.0a8d13ebd8823c83f456855716b480f2.png

sim-test-leicester-3.thumb.png.3a26460be7b844b612c61077ff269c7a.png

Fighter V1 - tactic

sim-test-leicester-4.thumb.png.ef0cc7e54e0ecfd0ea53c8ac882d5969.png

sim-test-leicester-5.thumb.png.ce77b872fcd5f233209659590023eaa1.png

sim-test-leicester-6.thumb.png.3d9c729d777c859dba29a3c3b3a26377.png

As it can be seen from the results above both tactics offer solid overachieving level above the media prediction but Annihilator V1 is more effective than Fighter V1 :) 

I took over Atlético before 2nd season, and I ended up with 99 points, 120 goals scored/22 conceded with Annihilator V1. Didn't win the league because Barcelona got 104 points, but I'm still happy with the result :)

@Totalfootballfan Please i have a question, i understand you make tactics with the best balance for more or less all kinds of teams to overachieve. However, have you ever made a tactic that will do  even better but only for top teams because of their better players? Thank you

46 minutes ago, GrandChasm said:

@Totalfootballfan Please i have a question, i understand you make tactics with the best balance for more or less all kinds of teams to overachieve. However, have you ever made a tactic that will do  even better but only for top teams because of their better players? Thank you

I'd say that when I create a tactic I always prioritize how it works when you are the strongest team in the league because any tactic that works the best with strongest teams in the league, also, works at least "very good" when you use it with the weakest teams in the league and that means you always will be overachieving and improving your team season by season when eventually you'll become the strongest team in the league.

All my experience playing FM tells me that the best tactic for the strongest team in the league is also the best or at least very good for the weakest teams in the league so I don't see point in creating tactics for the weakest teams in the league because even with an average tactic after few season it's possible to make a good team from the weakest team in any league.

On 29/03/2020 at 12:04, JBruce20 said:

Thanks Bro, may I know how many goals and assists your AMCL/AMCR could get in a season? 

i've been heavy rotating as i did't had players "made" for this position plus my main assist players are wingers. but my 2 players playing on this possition were Teilemans: 9 goals, 7 assists and Alena: 5 goals, 8 assists

this season i play Almada and Felix as main duo. so far Almada 2 goals in 2 games, Felix 1 goal in 2 games. no assists so far but will come.

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I'd say that when I create a tactic I always prioritize how it works when you are the strongest team in the league because any tactic that works the best with strongest teams in the league, also, works at least "very good" when you use it with the weakest teams in the league and that means you always will be overachieving and improving your team season by season when eventually you'll become the strongest team in the league.

All my experience playing FM tells me that the best tactic for the strongest team in the league is also the best or at least very good for the weakest teams in the league so I don't see point in creating tactics for the weakest teams in the league because even with an average tactic after few season it's possible to make a good team from the weakest team in any league.

Ah I see, thanks for the reply