Well, ashbringer and other TFF tactics worked pretty good for me... BUT Cerber and I just don’t have any chemistry. Even though I have way more shots and chances, my team just doesn’t score... what are the most important positions for cerber v3? My wingers just seem not to exist (Delruson, Pedrinho, Lookman). Cerber v3 performs better against teams that favourite... any suggestions to improve my results?

Edited by Kolle69
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey TFF, just wanted to update you after my dodgy Crystal Palace sacking. I took over mid season at Parma who were gonna get relegated. Not only did I keep em up, I finished mid table using Cerber V3. Now start of the season, no new signings due to lack of funds, 7 games  in, and things look like this: (see screenshots).

Keep up the good work mate! 

63B8160B-BE46-4CDB-B23C-07A98AEDA071.jpeg

C414E4B4-4144-4C32-9CB7-9C02182354D2.jpeg

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Yates626:

Hey TFF, just wanted to update you after my dodgy Crystal Palace sacking. I took over mid season at Parma who were gonna get relegated. Not only did I keep em up, I finished mid table using Cerber V3. Now start of the season, no new signings due to lack of funds, 7 games  in, and things look like this: (see screenshots).

Keep up the good work mate!

That`s mah homie! ;-D

My 2nd season of coaching Hertha BSC, is just@halftime. Looking forward for the winter-pause to sell 2-3 players and maybe get 1-2 talents.
Results are awesome so far.
Reached 1st place@Champions League Group-Stage and playing vs Internazionale Milano now.
Also 15 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss (vs Leverkusen) in 17 league matches, just super!
Piatek, the last years topscorer, is again on a mission with 20 goals in 17 matches, even if he struggles a little in the last matches.
Bayern lost 1-3 in Mainz, the last match before the winterpause, which is even better for the 2nd half of the season.
15 points advantage..damn. :D

My team isn`t perfect but actually i like my CB with Stark, Torunarigha + Rekik/Löwen as Backup.
Maybe i will sell Rekik the coming winterpause to get a young talented CB.
Also my young Keeper Plizzari is maybe a little bit risky but i like it that way and so far he is doing pretty well.
My left defensive WB with Mittelstädt and especially this L. Netz (9 Matches, 6 Assists..) as a huge talent is good for the future.
My right defensive WB with Wolf and Klünter need more Quality, even when Wolf is okay for this tactic, i always have injury probs..even when i rotate alot.
My CM is just awesome and also left side Wingers with Dilrosun and Lukebakio is nice. Maybe Lukebakio will go for good money...we will see.
On the right Wings, there is some Quality with Cunha (who i maybe sell, because he has an injury problem), Alvararez and Zaracho. Idrissi will leave this winter.
ZOM and ST are pretty good, young and talented. Even my backup Striker Redan has 6 (7) matches played and 7 goals.
There are some nice talents like Arne Maier (CM, 21y), Alvarez (RW, 20y), Luca Netz (LWB, 17y), Augustin Rojas (OMZ, 21y) and many more, which will help me alot in the future. :)
Actually i loved Pedrinho and Barco in the past.
AND....Matheusinho (ZOM) is coming this winter !!!
These 3 young players helped me alot in the past and i will try to get these 3 togehter again. :lol:

Thanks TFF for this tactic.
I know the FM2020 isn`t that easy to break with a tactic anymore. So even more thanks to you.

I`m playing the FM for many years now and even played the EA Manager before and Anstoss 3 from Ascaron + another english football manager etc...
..and i`m playing others saves with own tactic, which is also very nice to enjoy.
Still...this is more chilled to reach your goals faster and test things. So...as an experienced player and a fottball-fanatic irl, i thank you again and wish you and all the others on this board a very nice sunday and a great start into the week.

Cheers & Ciao Amigos, Olé!

:onmehead:

20200308024855_1.jpg

20200308025004_1.jpg

20200308025117_1.jpg

20200308025146_1.jpg

TFF. I am getting frastruted. I use Cerber V3 plus Fury V1. This is the 5th season, and I am using Bari in Italy A (promoted from C, and the 3rd season in A. Last season won Euro II, and the 6th place in A for the past two seasons). Now almost every game I have better statisitics such as shoot, shoot on target... But I just can not win the game or even a score. I dont know why? Also, the performance was poor, hardly to see anyone got 7.0, most of players were 6.4 even 6.3. Please help. (20.4 version). Thanks!

10 hours ago, DesoxyN said:

Only 1 player forming a wall.. Is this a bug on Match Engine? Because I checked the defending free-kicks and there were 4 players should be walling.

Mate, I think there was only 1 man to form the wall because it was an indirect freekick

9 hours ago, rlemos said:

for me is still hard to find good players according to the atributes that TFF requires... maybe it's my fault, but i'm getting frustated because of that

Mate, I can say that only when you manage the best club in the game you can get perfect players for the tactic and in other cases you just get the best from what you can afford and most of time such players are far from the perfection

7 hours ago, Kolle69 said:

what are the most important positions for cerber v3?

I find STC, ML and MR are the most important positions in the tactic

2 hours ago, DIngsi said:

TFF. I am getting frastruted. I use Cerber V3 plus Fury V1. This is the 5th season, and I am using Bari in Italy A (promoted from C, and the 3rd season in A. Last season won Euro II, and the 6th place in A for the past two seasons). Now almost every game I have better statisitics such as shoot, shoot on target... But I just can not win the game or even a score. I dont know why? Also, the performance was poor, hardly to see anyone got 7.0, most of players were 6.4 even 6.3. Please help. (20.4 version). Thanks!

Mate, I can only say that Cerber V3 gives me the best possible result taking into consideration the quality of my players but there's still a lot of randomness and luck in the game so the better your players compared to your opponents, the higher your chances on success :)    

6 hours ago, Nebuuu said:

That`s mah homie! ;-D

Cheers & Ciao Amigos, Olé!

:onmehead:

Yea man and thank you for your help as well! I stuck with cerber cos of you, and as soon as I took over at Parma I loaned in a quick CB, a loan which I’ve extended for this season. Ro Williams from Watford. He’s not amazing but his acc and pace are 16 so he gets back to save the day a lot. And I play my more defensive mids in CM now, they are the wall you mentioned! 

The set pieces TFF provides are also really good, so I make sure all of them, including throws, are aimed at my tallest CB. This is important at the mo cos my ST isn’t great and only has 2 goals in 9 right now. I don’t have the money for a better one so I’m stuck with what I’ve got!

The other thing I’m doing differently is I’ve started using Shield Wall for the last 15 mins, cos I used to concede sloppy late goals. It’s made a big difference, as you saw by my 1-0 victories. 

Thanks again to the best forum in the business! Have a great rest of the weekend guys! 

My first season with Cerber v3, got promoted easily. Predicted 6th, got 3 players in on free transfer. My only loss came against the team ending in last place.

And many unexpected things happened. I was thinking my ST and RM would get the most goals as they were my star players in the attack beforehand. They're are the fastest and has got the best shooting stats in my team.

But my AMC, LCM and LM all scored more, and are kinda awful players compared to them haha. My LM is normally a LB that I converted to LM. He's very slow and has very bad finishing stats. My LCM is better in defensive with average/bad attacking stats. And my AMC is the player with lowest current ability, but is playing great and scoring some really good goals. 

11111111111111111.png

2222222222222222222.png

2 minutes ago, Yates626 said:

The set pieces TFF provides are also really good, so I make sure all of them, including throws, are aimed at my tallest CB. 

Mete, if you ask me I don't find it's a good idea to make your CB go forward during the offensive throw-ins, also, it isn't that important for the throw-in that your ST isn't great :)

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mete, if you ask me I don't find it's a good idea to make your CB go forward during the offensive throw-ins, also, it isn't that important for the throw-in that your ST isn't great :)

I know it’s a little risky, but he wins almost every header cos he’s 6’5. He normally flicks it on and then I score from the second phase. And my other faster CB acts as cover in case they break on me. At the moment, because my ST isn’t scoring I’m just having to grab a goal however I can! I’m gonna try and loan a better ST in Jan if current one doesn’t start scoring. I’ve also got a young ST coming through who might get his chance sooner than planned now...

Im having fun playing FM again man! Thank you for that! 

5 minutes ago, Yates626 said:

I know it’s a little risky, but he wins almost every header cos he’s 6’5. He normally flicks it on and then I score from the second phase. And my other faster CB acts as cover in case they break on me. At the moment, because my ST isn’t scoring I’m just having to grab a goal however I can! I’m gonna try and loan a better ST in Jan if current one doesn’t start scoring. I’ve also got a young ST coming through who might get his chance sooner than planned now...

Im having fun playing FM again man! Thank you for that! 

Of course, mate... stick with what works the best for you but if you want to know my thoughts then I don't think that the ability to win headers have any significant impact on the efficiency of the long throw-in setup in the tactic, it's efficient due different factors

21 minutes ago, hakanharputlu said:

what a tactic  name?

I’m pretty sure he’s using Raptor V4, playing narrow in possession and inverted wingers. 

Because of his good results it’s currently my backup tactic. Haven’t truly tested it yet though cos Cerber working well for me. 

Just a quick word of thanks to you TFF. Thanks to you tactics I finally started enjoying the game again with a lot more consistency and a lot less randomness. Currently in my 4th season with Arsenal and 6 games away from an invincible season 👌👍 so thank you once again!

10 minutes ago, rlemos said:

TFF and regarding to heigth of some players, Is there any position that requires higher Heigth?

I would suggest looking for "Jumping Reach" / Height only for the central defenders 

11 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, I think there was only 1 man to form the wall because it was an indirect freekick

It was definitely a direct freekick because I concede a goal from it and that was their only goal for that game. Not that important tho as I won the Champions League for the 3rd time in 10 years as Galatasaray thanks to you :) Nearing the end of the save game as I'm closing to take the achievement for the 10 years in 1 club. Thank you for your work and looking forward to more of the magic :)

3 minutes ago, DesoxyN said:

It was definitely a direct freekick because I concede a goal from it and that was their only goal for that game. Not that important tho as I won the Champions League for the 3rd time in 10 years as Galatasaray thanks to you :) Nearing the end of the save game as I'm closing to take the achievement for the 10 years in 1 club. Thank you for your work and looking forward to more of the magic :)

I'm glad to hear that it works good for you, mate.

Btw, that freekick... it might worth reporting as a bug if you had time but it would require uploading .pkm of the match for SI to look into that.

if you read the first page you will read this: OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

I suggest not setting any Opposition Instructions and not letting your assistant manager do that
vor 1 Stunde schrieb domel:

hey friends, I have a question, what training do you use? do you tell an assistant

Hello my friend. :)
Just make the Trainingplans for every week/month on "BALANCED" and you`re fine.
Also don`t forget the individual playertraining, which can be found on the mainpage, here.

gl hf bro

Edited by Nebuuu

I play season 5 in Borussia, I win every match in league and group stage champions leage. When the knockout CL phase comes, I lose every game, it's so weird ...

25 minutes ago, RM2000 said:

Can i leave training to the assistant ? Opposition instructions make sense but training. 

The training is a very complex subject, it affects many important areas such as:

- the "Conditions" of your players before every match, obviously, the higher the "Conditions" of your players before a match, the higher your chances on success in that match

- the "Happiness" of your player which also affect the Morale of your players, obviously, the higher the "Morale" of your players before a match, the higher your chances on success in that match

- the "Team Cohesion", obviously, the higher the "Team Cohesion", of your players before a match, the higher your chances on success in that match

- the "Match Preparation", it's possible to get a temporary positive boost for different areas through the "Match Preparation"

Finally, the training is responsible for long term development of your players, their CA increase during time and the allocation of the CA

Even the best assistant manager won't be able to handle perfectly all the areas above so when you delegate the training to your assistant manager so the effect might be unpredictable but to handle those areas by yourself will require lot of skill and efforts so it's up to you what to choose.

hi TFF how are you? i follow you and your tactics for 2 years first of all i want to thank you for all tactics:) i used cerver v3, fury v1 and shield wall v1 until 20.4.0 update. are these tactics work in this patch?

my other question is which combo is better CERBER V3-FURY V1 combo or EXECUTIONER V4 -ASHBRINGER V4 combo?

Edited by cerfu
1 hour ago, roantull said:

and always so;) is this just not good for me or how is it possible: D Cerber v3 

Untitled.png

I have similar results, but I think my team constellation wasn’t good... I will give cerber v3 another shot next season... 

13 hours ago, cerfu said:

hi TFF how are you? i follow you and your tactics for 2 years first of all i want to thank you for all tactics:) i used cerver v3, fury v1 and shield wall v1 until 20.4.0 update. are these tactics work in this patch?

my other question is which combo is better CERBER V3-FURY V1 combo or EXECUTIONER V4 -ASHBRINGER V4 combo?

Hey mate,

I'm glad to hear it works good for you,

I find Cerber V3 is the most effective tactic at the moment.

Fury V1 and Shield Wall V1 are support tactic that can be used during match to boost the attack or the defense

8 hours ago, voja94 said:

How well does instant result work with this tactics?

I play a lot with Instant Result and I find it works good but when you play with Instant Result then you can't do some things:

- you can't switch for Shield Wall or Fury tactic during matches

- you can't control substitutions

- you can't manage "Hard Tackles" so the risk of getting a red card due the 2nd yellow is high

So when you are able to control the things above then you can get better results  

Hi @Totalfootballfan, using Fighter V1 with my Everton team in season one. Finding the tactic absolutely dominates against bigger teams, who obviously come to play and not restrict. Have put 5 past Chelsea and Spurs, 6 past Arsenal and 7 past Southampton. I am finding when I play smaller clubs, especially away, I have to go to Attacking or Very Attacking to get a bit more urgency from the tactic.

Have you noticed this in testing? Not complaining, it's a very entertaining save!

15 minutes ago, Carl0sAlbert0 said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan, using Fighter V1 with my Everton team in season one. Finding the tactic absolutely dominates against bigger teams, who obviously come to play and not restrict. Have put 5 past Chelsea and Spurs, 6 past Arsenal and 7 past Southampton. I am finding when I play smaller clubs, especially away, I have to go to Attacking or Very Attacking to get a bit more urgency from the tactic.

Have you noticed this in testing? Not complaining, it's a very entertaining save!

Hey mate,

Yes, it's possible to make an ultra attacking version of Fighter V1 tactic using the same tweaks as for Fury V1 which is an ultra attacking version of Cerber V3 tactic

It requires changing the mentality from "Positive" to "Attacking" and changing the D-Line from "Standard" to "Much Higher D-Line" but nothing comes for free and doing so you boost your attack but the same time you weaken your defense but there are cases when it can be useful

6 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

I'm glad to hear it works good for you,

I find Cerber V3 is the most effective tactic at the moment.

Fury V1 and Shield Wall V1 are support tactic that can be used during match to boost the attack or the defense

I play a lot with Instant Result and I find it works good but when you play with Instant Result then you can't do some things:

- you can't switch for Shield Wall or Fury tactic during matches

- you can't control substitutions

- you can't manage "Hard Tackles" so the risk of getting a red card due the 2nd yellow is high

So when you are able to control the things above then you can get better results  

TFF, i'm using now match plan, so i can control when i use cerber, fury and shield... the situation still continues because we cannot control the subs.

Let's say if you are winning between 85-90 you migth switch to shield wall and etc.

Edited by rlemos