Sports Interactive Community

1 hour ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

the board demands factor in previous finishes in the standings

You are right here, mate... I've just checked and your result and your reputation in the previous season has a significant weight in the board demands

@Yates626 so it's actually possible to get requirements "Champions League Spot" with a team that predicted 14th

So having a tactic that allow you greatly overachieve can backfire :D

Let's say you pick Bournemouth, predicted 15th then you win the league and the next season you are asked to get "Champions League Spot" but you still have the weakest teams in the league... 

If you ask me then it doesn't make sense to me at all... :eek:

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

You are right here, mate... I've just checked and your result and your reputation in the previous season has a significant weight in the board demands

@Yates626 so it's actually possible to get requirements "Champions League Spot" with a team that predicted 14th

So having a tactic that allow you greatly overachieve can backfire :D

Let's sat you pick Bournemouth then you win the league with it and the next you are asked to get "Champions League Spot" but you still have the weakest teams in the league... 

If you ask me then it doesn't make sense to me at all...

yeah happens to me all the time, as a matter of fact just ran a test sim when I was testing training, media picked me to finish 15th yet the board wanted Europa. there is a price to pay for using those tactics that make your teams win more than they should in terms of talent

Lol well thank you both for proving I’m not going mad! 

I’ve managed to get a job at relegation threatened Parma in Seria A.

MP is 17th. I’m gonna use cerber. I’m staking my reputation on it man! I’m trying to sign/loan a couple of quick CB’s. First game I won 2-1. Lost the second game 2-1 but to be fair that was against AC Milan, and I was in the game the whole time, they nicked it with a set piece. Think the whole Palace thing was bad luck and a bit of a glitch, so I move onwards and upwards with cerber! I hope. 🤞 

23 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

There are many teams which fits well Cerber tactic, if you struggle to line up some team for Cerber tactic then I can help you 

ok. I want to start a new save, but i have little time, so i wanted a club which didn't need a lot of transfers in the first season, and i was lazy to choose. ;)

Posted (edited)

Been FM'd again on this **** game, I only had 2 games left to go to become the new invincibles, feel like un-installing the game even though iv'e won the league, won the domestic treble, won the league by 23 points, scored 100 goals, conceded least goals in the league & set a new league record of 105 points = 209 points in two seasons = most in the top 5 leagues, despite this I'm still not happy especially after choking a 3-0 lead to Barca in the CL Semi-Final, I feel empty after not going unbeaten in the league as well.

me being FM'D for my first league loss in my 36th game FML https://gyazo.com/8e826da1abc49234ac51a77467af6846

Edited by delaneytomlinson

4 hours ago, delaneytomlinson said:

me being FM'D for my first league loss in my 36th game FML https://gyazo.com/8e826da1abc49234ac51a77467af6846

Heh... Mate, your match is far away from what I call "being FM'd" :D

For example, in my Arsenal save I got 2 crazy matches in a row and the stats after those were looked like that:

In summary after those 2 matches the stats for my team looked like this:

Shots:  63

Clear Cut Chances:  4

Half Chances:  7

Scored:  1

------------------------

Shot To Goal Ratio: 1.58 %

In summary after those 2 matches the stats for my opponents looked like this:

Shots:  12

Clear Cut Chances:  0

Half Chances:  2

Scored:  2

------------------------

Shot To Goal Ratio: 16.6 %

So my opponents had "Shot To Goal Ratio" about 10 times higher than me and such crazy difference in the "Shot To Goal Ratio" could not be due my team having a poor morale or low conditions because the Morale and Conditions were set 100% for all the teams, also, I played FM Touch which means there's no Team Talks, Match Briefings, Shouts or something like that... that's just the random factor which present in the game and which sometimes can reach extreme values and I must add those matches aren't the most extreme stats that I've encounter in FM20 :)

arsenal-m1.thumb.png.8ec0bee70f4f7f46d56990b773757c59.png

arsenal-m2.thumb.png.38f94e8e0cd7f9bbd638fac49c575ac7.png

And after few matches I got this match but I'm still OK :D

arsenal-m3.thumb.png.824466be3c44115d57fe10be7504a5d6.png

Hello again, my FM friend. In my Sassuolo save i will play my second Champions League's final. The first one I estupidly lost against Juventus and then I lose the final of the word clubs cup against Chelsea by the same way. Both of them with your tactics. Now, I will play a new final against Manchester United. Any suggestions outside the tactics?

@Totalfootballfan for the training of the wingers is this using Midfield winger training or Attacking Midfield winger training? because i used the MR winger training on Hudson Odoi and his stats dropped

6 minutes ago, edson.ofili.eo said:

@Totalfootballfan for the training of the wingers is this using Midfield winger training or Attacking Midfield winger training? because i used the MR winger training on Hudson Odoi and his stats dropped

if you play with Cerber tactic that uses ML/MR positions then use "Winger" individual training focus for ML/MR positions 

Posted (edited)

Bad news guys...:(
I`m in my 2nd season with Hertha and lost...after 46 unbeaten league matches.
They, Leverkusen, played@home and got only 2 shots on goal...1:0 for them. :rolleyes:
My team had 3 clear chances and 2 post-hits..Whatever...what a streak...46 matches unbeaten is f*ckin`awesome! Cerber V3 on fire!

Also my striker Piatek is completely on a run.
22 Matches, 24 goals, 8/8 penalties - even when he s*cked vs Leverkusen (6.3).
He played 45 matches so far and shot 45 goals!

I`m absolutely happy with the team, except they need time, because they are very young (average about ~22y old).
Almost season halftime...wanna sell 2-3 players and get 1-2 "top players" maybe.

Greetings and everybody a nice evening.
a happy german TFF-Groupie :hammer:

20200305170045_1.jpg

20200305170156_1.jpg

20200305170308_1.jpg

20200305170323_1.jpg

Edited by Nebuuu

11 hours ago, santiago_staiger said:

Hola de nuevo, mi amigo FM. En mi partida de Sassuolo jugaré la segunda final de la Champions League. El primero que perdí estúpidamente contra la Juventus y luego perdí la final de la copa de clubes de palabras contra el Chelsea de la misma manera. Ambos con tus tácticas. Ahora jugaré una nueva final contra el Manchester United. ¿Alguna sugerencia fuera de las tácticas?

Do you know what i mean? Maybe any advice on what kind of players to choose for personality, morality, fitness, or some special attribute. Or something to keep in mind to win finals. THANKS, your tactics really rocks

Posted (edited)

Steam just downloaded an update. Are there ME changes?

Edited by HermesG

51 minutes ago, HermesG said:

20.4.0 Update Changes including (but not limited to):
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Stability fixes
- Further database updates covering February transfer window
- Fix for 'Disable First Transfer Window Activity'
- Tweaks to lighting for matches and Newgen faces
- Competition tweaks and updates across a number of leagues
- Fix for right-clicking on training sessions
- Various other UI improvements across the game

6 hours ago, HermesG said:

No ME changes... still the same ME v2040

10 hours ago, santiago_staiger said:

Do you know what i mean? Maybe any advice on what kind of players to choose for personality, morality, fitness, or some special attribute. Or something to keep in mind to win finals. THANKS, your tactics really rocks

mate, I don't find there're any secret tricks, for me everything is simple:

- the better morale of your players, the higher your chances on success 

- the better conditions of your players, the higher chances on success

- the better your players, the higher your chances on success

and so on...

Any tips for playing against 3 Central defenders? Cerber v3 is rocking but I don't create many chances against 3 Central defenders :(

13 minutes ago, Senz said:

Any tips for playing against 3 Central defenders? Cerber v3 is rocking but I don't create many chances against 3 Central defenders :(

narrow in possession it's a RDF tweak that he posted about a month/6 weeks ago, it works well.

4 hours ago, Senz said:

Mate, the main feature of 5 defender formations is reducing the scoring chances of the opponents so I don't see there's any "magic" bullet that can nullifying one of the main feature of 5 defenders formation… :)

If something like that was possible then 5 defenders formations became completely useless formations...

Erling Haaland (30 games 43 goals) and Jadon Sancho (30 games 18 goals 23 assists) are Superb with Ceber V3. Best number i have seen so far in FM20.

Posted (edited)

An observation and tip after finishing my 1st season with CSKA Moscow using exclusively Cerber v3:  For your two CBs I have noticed that strength, jumping reach and heading are sooooo important because I ended up scoring so many goals with them from attacking corners during the season. TFF has also put strength and jumping reach as top 2 in his filters for CBs and for a good reason and I would include heading too in that priority list. The way set pieces are set up by TFF in this strategy, your central defenders are going to get many headers so try to abuse that as much. But obviously remember that the success of this tip is relative to your league. For instance, if you are playing in English PL against top dogs that have excellent defenders with higher strength / jumping reach than you, then naturally your CBs will not be as effective in corners as it would be against more mediocre teams and defences.

But in short, don't overlook strength stat as well as jumping reach and heading, I have noticed in my playthroughs it is really important because in this tactic there are many crosses so at times it feels like it is better having strong players than simply pacey players. Same thing with striker, the goals he has scored due to his strength that secures him better positioning are more than his solo sprints with the ball due to his pace. Which also explains why players like Haaland are so great, not necessarily just for their pace but for their height and strength too.

As for my ML and MR wingers, I am still a bit puzzled about a certain thing: In my saves I have noticed slightly better goal ratio from them when using them with inverted foot (NOT inverted wingers role, just inverted foot e.g.  ML with strong right foot, MR with strong left foot) because when you are in possession and outside of their box, there are more opportunities for good shoots by ML and MR when they use their inverted foot. I am not sure if it is just my impression, but it would be helpful if someone else could share his observations on this matter.

Edited by Don_Khan

2 hours ago, Don_Khan said:

An observation and tip after finishing my 1st season with CSKA Moscow using exclusively Cerber v3:  For your two CBs I have noticed that strength, jumping reach and heading are sooooo important because I ended up scoring so many goals with them from attacking corners during the season. TFF has also put strength and jumping reach as top 2 in his filters for CBs and for a good reason and I would include heading too in that priority list. The way set pieces are set up by TFF in this strategy, your central defenders are going to get many headers so try to abuse that as much. But obviously remember that the success of this tip is relative to your league. For instance, if you are playing in English PL against top dogs that have excellent defenders with higher strength / jumping reach than you, then naturally your CBs will not be as effective in corners as it would be against more mediocre teams and defences.

But in short, don't overlook strength stat as well as jumping reach and heading, I have noticed in my playthroughs it is really important because in this tactic there are many crosses so at times it feels like it is better having strong players than simply pacey players. Same thing with striker, the goals he has scored due to his strength that secures him better positioning are more than his solo sprints with the ball due to his pace. Which also explains why players like Haaland are so great, not necessarily just for their pace but for their height and strength too.

As for my ML and MR wingers, I am still a bit puzzled about a certain thing: In my saves I have noticed slightly better goal ratio from them when using them with inverted foot (NOT inverted wingers role, just inverted foot e.g.  ML with strong right foot, MR with strong left foot) because when you are in possession and outside of their box, there are more opportunities for good shoots by ML and MR when they use their inverted foot. I am not sure if it is just my impression, but it would be helpful if someone else could share his observations on this matter.

Don't you feel that if your opposite plays on counterattack way, exploring your right and left defenders advance, you consent a lot of goal attempts ?

TFF using Cerber v3 what do you do if you start loosing a game ?

10 hours ago, HeavyPunch said:

Erling Haaland (30 games 43 goals) and Jadon Sancho (30 games 18 goals 23 assists) are Superb with Ceber V3. Best number i have seen so far in FM20.

In which position do you use Jadon Sancho ?

8 minutes ago, mike8528 said:

TFF using Cerber v3 what do you do if you start loosing a game ?

it depends on the strength of my team and the strength of the opposition team if I'm Watford and I'm losing only by 1 goal vs Liverpool then highly likely I'll keep using Cerber V3 but if I'm Liverpool and I'm losing only by 1 goal vs Watford then highly likely I'll switch for Fury V1

If I'm loosing by 2 goals then almost always I switch for Fury V1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mike8528 said:

In which position do you use Jadon Sancho ?

Just as the TFF instruction, right foot at right wing. 3rd season stats.

image.png

Edited by HeavyPunch
Left to write

5 minutes ago, HeavyPunch said:

Just as the TFF instruction, right foot at right wing. 3rd season stats.

image.png

I usually use him at left wing because use Douglas Costa at right. Douglas Costa is going great but Sancho not...

14 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

it depends on the strength of my team and the strength of the opposition team if I'm Watford and I'm losing only by 1 goal vs Liverpool then highly likely I'll keep using Cerber V3 but if I'm Liverpool and I'm losing only by 1 goal vs Watford then highly likely I'll switch for Fury V1

If I'm loosing by 2 goals then almost always I switch for Fury V1

I'm with Man Utd and when start loosing is very difficult to change the result

9 minutes ago, mike8528 said:

I'm with Man Utd and when start loosing is very difficult to change the result

no one says that it's easy to turn the game around when you are losing... it's just in some cases Fury V1 gives you more chances to score than Cerber V3 but it doesn't come for free because your chances to conceded an additional goal also increase with Fury V1 :)

WIth Fury V1 you boost the attack and weaken the defense but in some cases it might be useful 

59 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

no one says that it's easy to turn the game around when you are losing... it's just in some cases Fury V1 gives you more chances to score than Cerber V3 but it doesn't come for free because your chances to conceded an additional goal also increase with Fury V1 :)

WIth Fury V1 you boost the attack and weaken the defense but in some cases it might be useful 

And I noticed that not always what is working perfectly when you play a game alone, works when you goes online against your friends

Posted (edited)

TFF,  why do you say that one of the most important atributes is tackling and you cannot find it in your filters? thanks

talking about MC role sorry

Edited by rlemos

@Totalfootballfan  what You think about change SS for AP role ? Or for Your opinion SS role is only right in this tactic ? Thanks in advance for Your reply :) 

Hey guys, I have a problem with Liverpool 6: 1 playing Dortmund. I think something is wrong?

nerve trace already, sucks cerber v3

10 hours ago, rlemos said:

TFF,  why do you say that one of the most important atributes is tackling and you cannot find it in your filters? thanks

talking about MC role sorry

Hey,

The attributes at OP was outdated, I've updated them to fits the latest tactics

8 hours ago, consie82 said:

@Totalfootballfan  what You think about change SS for AP role ? Or for Your opinion SS role is only right in this tactic ? Thanks in advance for Your reply :) 

Hey,

I would not suggest changing SS to AP because the tactics will become significantly less efficient

6 hours ago, domel said:

Cerberus V3 is a lottery. useless

Maybe you're the useless one? 

People can't help without any information as to what you're doing?

6 hours ago, domel said:

nerve trace already, sucks cerber v3

6 hours ago, domel said:

Football Manager is no longer a Plug & Play game. You have to adapt.

From this point of view, you can`t go every game with the same mentality, you have to switch to Contain - Positive - Attack sometimes, just like in real life.

Learn how to play, old days of FM are over. And that is a good thing!

7 hours ago, domel said:

He does everything to make this games easier for You, he answer every most stupid question, make filters for You, and lots of guidence how to use this tactics and play it.

What else do You want?

can't really see what your problem is with cerber v3

Manchester United_ Kampe og resultater.png

Posted (edited)

My biggest ever win in a league game on any FM. I'm in my first season, predicted 6th, but I'm miles ahead of everyone half way through.

27935408ea5578680aad81264b73bdce.png

Edited by catoV

Posted (edited)

TFF What is more important in tactics the attributes or the classification of your position? For example if it is compentant or natural

Edited by lipebtavares

14 minutes ago, lipebtavares said:

TFF What is more important in tactics the attributes or the classification of your position? For example if it is compentant or natural

I would prefer the attributes

colleagues sorry, I was upset by my results in Dortmund. I know TFF is doing a good job.

image.thumb.png.4c9a1df70346c8e62f7019a6d245afb1.png

Only 1 player forming a wall.. Is this a bug on Match Engine? Because I checked the defending free-kicks and there were 4 players should be walling.

7 minutes ago, DesoxyN said:

image.thumb.png.4c9a1df70346c8e62f7019a6d245afb1.png

Only 1 player forming a wall.. Is this a bug on Match Engine? Because I checked the defending free-kicks and there were 4 players should be walling.

Where is thw 11th player? :O

This tactic is just beastly for me with PSV, just rounded up the first season, have became champion of the leage, i have lost the division cup to penalty's in the champions league i reached the quarter final lost from bayern. 

I followed you from FMbase to here, used your tactics for a couple of FM editions and will keep doing it as long you provide these good tactics

for me is still hard to find good players according to the atributes that TFF requires... maybe it's my fault, but i'm getting frustated because of that

1 hour ago, Cadoni said:

Where is thw 11th player? :O

Striker is waiting in the midfield not seen on the screenshot.