FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Scruffer23 said:

I guess I’m gonna have to try and find a left winger now anyone got any recommendations that will join wolves in jan of first season ?? 

I'd say even with a top club it's quite hard to find a good left winger and with Wolves it'll be even more harder so I would just stick with Fisher if you already got him

Just had a record breaking season with Inter in my fourth season, I won the Quadruple, European Super Cup, Italian Super Cup, Italian League Cup and retained the League title, however I am extremely pissed off as I lost the Champions League final 4-3 to Man City after being 3-1 up with 4 minutes left but the bottlers couldn't hang on despite having team mentality on balanced and time wasting tactics on.

122 goals scored. 18 conceded in the league.

Most points in Europe = 104 points

34 wins = new record

104+ goal difference in the league = new record

35 clean sheets throughout the season, 23 in the league = new record.

Edited by delaneytomlinson

26 minutes ago, MAECK said:

do you want to use Fury V1 away when you meet  liverpool man city etc.

I would use Fury V1 only when I were losing by 1-2 goals or when I were drawing and there's a little time left and I weren't happy with a draw result

I suggest using Fury V1 with great caution because it's a ultra attacking tactic

Season finished (except National Cup Final)...what a thriller. :D
Bayern Munich was 1p ahead and played 2 draws in a row (Dortmund, Freiburg, both 1-1), which gave me the opportunity to get the 1st place back.
Won 1-0 vs M`Gladbach, 2-0 (A) vs Paderborn, 2-1 (H) vs Düsseldorf (which i almost played draw...even when i had 25 - 2 shots on goal...) and 1-1 the last match vs Frankfurt.
What a season. Very, very lucky because 2 draws from Bayern in the last 4 matches.

20200226172947_1.jpg

20200226192253_1.jpg

20200226191942_1.jpg

20200226191957_1.jpg

Edited by Nebuuu

9 minutes ago, mike8528 said:

Im trying this combination with my Man Utd but suffer a lot on defensive wingers back. Are good attacking tactics, with nice football but I don't feel confidence enough to play with. When we loose the ball seems there are nobody to defend

Obviously, Cerber V3 does't have the best defense that can be achieved but it's has the best balance between the attack and the defense which means most of time you should outscore your opponent.

Also, if you got a lead by 1 or 2 goals you can always switch for Shield Wall to protect your lead.

2 minutes ago, topyoyo said:

Could you do a quick test with Liverpool?

I'll consider that when I got free time

13 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Obviously, Cerber V3 does't have the best defense that can be achieved but it's has the best balance between the attack and the defense which means most of time you should outscore your opponent.

Also, if you got a lead by 1 or 2 goals you can always switch for Shield Wall to protect your lead.

I'll consider that when I got free time

Yes, or against weaker opposition 

3 hours ago, Scruffer23 said:

I guess I’m gonna have to try and find a left winger now anyone got any recommendations that will join wolves in jan of first season ?? 

Don't wolves have that Vinagre fella? He is a pretty good player with a bit of potential and suits being a left winger. 

Edited by ausmjace

CERBER V3 Tactic:

I'm facing big issues with my defence. I'm playing with Dortmund and My DCL and DCR (Akanji and Hummels) are pressing too high on the pitch and get too easily bypassed ... especially on long passes. Can you guys recommend any defensive tweak or modification?

Many thanks ;)

Edited by sebel

4 minutes ago, sebel said:

I'm facing big issues with my defence.

I'm playing with Dortmund and My DCL and DCR (Hummels and Akanji) are pressing too high on the pitch and get too easily bypassed ... especially on long passes. Can you guys recommend any defensive tweak or modification?

Many thanks ;)

Mats Hummels is a very slow central defenders so I suggest replacing him for someone quicker

Akanji slightly lacks Anticipation and Position but in general he's good

if you use Cerber V3 tactic then I find that the defense side of the tactic is at optimal state but it doesn't mean that you should never concede from long ranged through because they'll be happen from time to time

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mats Hummels is a very slow central defenders so I suggest replacing him for someone quicker

Akanji slightly lacks Anticipation and Position but in general he's good

if you use Cerber V3 tactic then I find that the defense side of the tactic is at optimal state but it doesn't mean that you should never concede from long ranged through because they'll be happen from time to time

Thanks fo that! I'll look into changing Hummels ;)

Is there any way to reduce the pressing of the DC? Or it would create conflict with the tactic?

16 minutes ago, topyoyo said:

Can I use Lautaro at amc position?don't have the traditional amc player in my current squad…

Lautaro Martínez should do well at the AMC position in Cerber V3 tactic but I would start training him to play at the AMC position ASAP to improve his rating for the AMC position to "Accomplished" 

Just now, delaneytomlinson said:

mezzala I had him in my 10 season MUFC save and he scores plenty of goals and racks up assists in that role.

no lad tff tactics dont use mezellas so i want to know which role can fit with the most Efficient formation not how u play him..:herman::cool:

17 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Hello tff we have loaned in Ilaix Moribia what is the best way to use him in your opinion?

image.thumb.png.d9d9c41f5ebbaa2d49e62213c922e994.pngIm thinking deep lying playmaker but he has physicality for box to box too

Hey,

He'll do great at the BBM, DLP and even SS positions

He's got a very good attacking attributes but his defensive attributes such as Positioning, Work Rate, Tackling are bit low, also Teamwork is a bit low but I'd say for newly promoted team he is a very good player

For the BBM and DLP positions you really need the same type players because they do very similar work during matches

5 minutes ago, ausmjace said:

Depends on your other CMs I reckon @magicnutt Quick glnce I would go DLP but could definitely be used as a B2B if you have a better playmaker. How does Kadioglu go as the AMC? I remember finding him on the demo and loving how cheap he was. 

kadioglu developed really well and had 12 goals and 6 assists in the bundesliga last season 7.03 average rating

unfourtunately for me ahmed kutuku was pretty rubbish last season and will be sold now

image.thumb.png.d42c8a685b7054a28f9f46715ef4d208.png

Edited by magicnut

18 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

@Totalfootballfan

I'm in season 2023-2024 with Inter I need a ML as back up for Sancho and a Right Back as back-up for Max Aaarons, who would you recommend? I have 129 million to spend

It's really hard to suggest anything when you are few seasons further in your save because some players might greatly developed and some players might greatly deteriorate but here are some best left wingers in the game

left-wingers.thumb.png.df549fbc7e9ca1c74f985aac9d1ec67e.png

For the WBR position I can suggest buying Trent Alexander-Arnold :)

5 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

It's really hard to suggest anything when you are few seasons further in your save because some players might greatly developed and some players might greatly deteriorate but here are some best left wingers in the game

For the WBR position I can suggest buying Trent Alexander-Arnold :)

I can suggest mbappe for striker position.

7 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

It's really hard to suggest anything when you are few seasons further because some players might greatly developed and some players might greatly deteriorate but here are some best left wingers in the game

For WBR position I can suggest buying Trent Alexander-Arnold :)

iv'e only got 129 million so I need players with less reputation but good stats Antony for example but he'd need to be retrained as a ML

30 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

iv'e only got 129 million so I need players with less reputation but good stats Antony for example but he'd need to be retrained as a ML

Mate, as I said it's hard to suggest anything without a knowledge what's going in your save so it's only you who can find the best deals using the filters, maybe slightly tweaking them or any 3rd party program like FMRTE or GS

I must say the park the bus version of the tactic does seem to work good..However the attacking version when pushing for a goal I think needs improvement.

I was not once been able to push a goal and just usually conceded when switching to the attacking in stale draws.

I'm finding Cerber v3 and Shield Wall v1 very effective at the moment.

It might be that as time has gone and I have now been promoted to Man Utd manager it has got easier due to the better players I have but I do feel these two tactics with the current ME offer a really good return (currently with MUFC got a 77% win ratio and coming towards the end of the season).

I would say that Fury v1 is very hit and miss for me though.  I normally seem to increase the likelihood of conceding far higher than scoring so I use it rarely and only if desperate.

Thanks for all the work TFF as this version of FM has been a bit of a struggle in finding the right tactics to offer very good regular returns.

Edited by pw75

Its easy for me to sit here and criticise your tactics, given you are a genius at creating them, but I'm really struggling right now.  Starting with Badajoz in the lower Spanish leagues, I've used variations of your tactics over the seasons, with last season using ashbringer and getting great success, finishing in a champions league place (which is quite impressive when you have Barcelona and both of the Madrid teams in the league!  Added to that, the fact that my entire squad wage bill is matched by just one of the Barcelona stars. 

Anyway, I started this season using Ashbringer.  I'm not sure if it was the ME update not really taking effect until the end of the season, but something has changed.  Goals and match ratings.  I've switched over to Cerber V3, which seemed to have steadied the ship, but now I'm really struggling.  My Wingbacks are getting 6.3 and 6.4 ratings nearly every game.  The wingers seem to be dominant one game and terrible the next.  No matter who I play in the AMC SS role, they play absolutely terribly (6.0 to 6.3) and my striker who scored a load of goals last season has stopped scoring completely.  3 in 24 games.  I've tried bringing players on, tried rotating the squad, tried resorting to Fury V1 when behind (note I've never scored a goal using Fury) but nothing seems to work.

EDIT: I should add that the 2 central midfield players are playing brilliantly.

I realise I have poor players compared to most in the league, and players who are not ideally suited to their positions, but this was the same with your other tactics, yet somehow they worked. 

Any ideas what I can do?  I have zero transfer budget and zero extra wage bill.  Should I think about reverting to one of your earlier tactics?

Many thanks, and for the joy your tactics gave me rising through the leagues over the past 6 seasons :-)

Edited by Boris Dollar

41 minutes ago, Boris Dollar said:

Its easy for me to sit here and criticise your tactics, given you are a genius at creating them, but I'm really struggling right now.  Starting with Badajoz in the lower Spanish leagues, I've used variations of your tactics over the seasons, with last season using ashbringer and getting great success, finishing in a champions league place (which is quite impressive when you have Barcelona and both of the Madrid teams in the league!  Added to that, the fact that my entire squad wage bill is matched by just one of the Barcelona stars. 

Anyway, I started this season using Ashbringer.  I'm not sure if it was the ME update not really taking effect until the end of the season, but something has changed.  Goals and match ratings.  I've switched over to Cerber V3, which seemed to have steadied the ship, but now I'm really struggling.  My Wingbacks are getting 6.3 and 6.4 ratings nearly every game.  The wingers seem to be dominant one game and terrible the next.  No matter who I play in the AMC SS role, they play absolutely terribly (6.0 to 6.3) and my striker who scored a load of goals last season has stopped scoring completely.  3 in 24 games.  I've tried bringing players on, tried rotating the squad, tried resorting to Fury V1 when behind (note I've never scored a goal using Fury) but nothing seems to work.

I realise I have poor players compared to most in the league, and players who are not ideally suited to their positions, but this was the same with your other tactics, yet somehow they worked. 

Any ideas what I can do?  I have zero transfer budget and zero extra wage bill.  Should I think about reverting to one of your earlier tactics?

Many thanks, and for the joy your tactics gave me rising through the leagues over the past 6 seasons :-)

Hi mate,

it's much easier overachving in low reputation leagues than in high reputation leagues because in low reputation leagues the AI managers are not that "smart" compared with the AI managers in high rep leagues, also, the quality of players in top teams and in bottom teams aren't much different in lower league then it can be in top leagues.

For example, in a very low reputation league it's possible to pick the weakest team in the league and you still have a good chances to win the league with Cerber V3 tactic but if you pick the weakest team in English Premier League or La Liga then you have extremely low chances to win the league.

Also, when you just appeared in La Liga with your team then you had the lowest reputation in the league and the AI managers didn't take you seriously and it greatly helped to punish them and overachieving even more than you should but when you finished in Champions League spot with your newly promoted team then your reputation skyrocketed and in the next season the AI managers started to take you very seriously which greatly increased the difficulty playing against them.

I don't see there's any gamebreaking tactic in FM20 that gives you only wins with any team in any league so tactics are limited what they can you do.

For example, when you play in a top league such English Premier League or La Liga and your team is predicted to finish 13th then with average tactic you might finish as high as 8th place and with a very good tactic you might finish as high as 3rd place, of course, everything is possible and there's still  a chances of winning the league with the weakest team and the worst tactic but such chances is extremely low.

A good tactic just helps you to do better than your media prediction and the better your tactic, the high overachieving level it gives you and but difficult of your league decreases this overachieving level so it varies depends on the reputation of your league.

I can say Cerber V3 tactic gives me the best overachieving level at the moment and if you think that it doesn't give you enough overachieving level with your team then you can send me your save at the end of the season and I'll try to help you.