Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

Guys, I just want to show you some stuff that will be useful to know :)

 

Here's one of my sim test with Chelsea when I used Phoenix V4 tactic

As you can I got 94 pts, scored 67 goals and conceded 22 goals

 

phoenix-sim-1.thumb.png.4a86faad0215e11a45cf6e0c5c74abaf.png

 

 

 

Now here's my other sim test with Chelsea when I use the same Phoenix V4 tactic

As you can see this time I got only 61 pts, scored only 45 goals and conceded 33 goals

phoenix-sim-2.thumb.png.3f68399f660022c70b191dfb2f058320.png

 

 

I sim in FM Touch so it means there no Team Talks, no Shouts, no Briefings which could add additional randomness when you play in the full game

Also I use FMRTE that freezes the morale and condition for all players in the league which mean there's no random injuries, no random poor morale after bad run

And still as you can the results varies about 30%

Could you imagine what randomness you can get it real game? When you can have injuries, poor morale and you have to rotate you team?

At the moment FM20 is very random and you need to be ready for it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Scruffer23 said:

@Totalfootballfan just wondering which of these tactics will work in lower league looking a for a long term project 

I'd say all tactics work better in lower leagues than in top leagues because the AI managers in lower leagues are much less "smart" than the AI managers in the top league and it's much easier to win in lower leagues 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

After some consideration I've decided to bring back Raider V4 tactic to the OP, it can be very useful tactic in times when you want to play very defensively

Well, I had very good results with Raider V4, changing it to Phoenix V2 when loosing or not scoring... (rarely necessary)

just wanted to comment your previous post about „special tactics“... because I thin raider v4 is one of those tactics...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kolle69 said:

Well, I had very good results with Raider V4, changing it to Phoenix V2 when loosing or not scoring... (rarely necessary)

just wanted to comment your previous post about „special tactics“... because I thin raider v4 is one of those tactics...

I agree I was too harsh on Raider :)  and I'd say it can be even better than Phoenix V4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I agree I was too harsh on Raider :)  and I'd say it can be even better than Phoenix V4

So what combo do you recommend now in general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Guys, I just want to show you some stuff that will be useful to know :)

 

Here's one of my sim test with Chelsea when I used Phoenix V4 tactic

As you can I got 94 pts, scored 67 goals and conceded 22 goals

 

phoenix-sim-1.thumb.png.4a86faad0215e11a45cf6e0c5c74abaf.png

 

 

 

Now here's my other sim test with Chelsea when I use the same Phoenix V4 tactic

As you can see this time I got only 61 pts, scored only 45 goals and conceded 33 goals

phoenix-sim-2.thumb.png.3f68399f660022c70b191dfb2f058320.png

 

 

I sim in FM Touch so it means there no Team Talks, no Shouts, no Briefings which could add additional randomness when you play in the full game

Also I use FMRTE that freezes the morale and condition for all players in the league which mean there's no random injuries, no random poor morale after bad run

And still as you can the results varies about 30%

Could you imagine what randomness you can get it real game? When you can have injuries, poor morale and you have to rotate you team?

At the moment FM20 is very random and you need to be ready for it :D

Im ready :lock:;)

 

ready.png

Edited by magicnutt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

After some consideration I've decided to bring back Raider V4 tactic to the OP, it can be very useful tactic in times when you want to play very defensively

So, which one for you much offensively, punisher v2 or phoenix v4 or stringer?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

So what combo do you recommend now in general?

It's hard to say for me at the moment, both tactics produce very similar results, the different between them is less than 15%, Raider is slightly more defensive and Phoenix is slightly more attacking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, njXuanX said:

So, which one for you much offensively, punisher v2 or phoenix v4 or stringer?  

Obviously, Punisher and Stinger are more offensive tactics than Phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Obviously, Punisher and Stinger are more offensive tactics than Phoenix

2AF(Pyromancer) seems not so efficient than 1AF1SS(Punisher)? so should I choose Punisher and Stinger for scoring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, njXuanX said:

2AF(Pyromancer) seems not so efficient than 1AF1SS(Punisher)? so should I choose Punisher and Stinger for scoring?

Punisher, Pyromancer and Stinger tactics should be considered when you want to be more attacking, they all produce very similar results, the moment I can't rank them, I need to produce more testing for it, I hope I can rank them soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Punisher, Pyromancer and Stinger tactics should be considered when you want to be more attacking, they all produce very similar results, the moment I can't rank them, I need to produce more testing for it, I hope I can rank them soon 

thx for great job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Totalfootballfan Belated thanks for providing us with your tactics, I've been using them for years now.

I have a quick question, I'm managing RB Leipzig, 9 seasons in and with a very good squad, at home I can use any of your tactics and do okay but I'm really struggling away against the so called bigger teams, i.e. Bayern and Dortmund, any advice on which tactic I should try and use for these matches? FYI I'm playing on FMT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

@Totalfootballfan Belated thanks for providing us with your tactics, I've been using them for years now.

I have a quick question, I'm managing RB Leipzig, 9 seasons in and with a very good squad, at home I can use any of your tactics and do okay but I'm really struggling away against the so called bigger teams, i.e. Bayern and Dortmund, any advice on which tactic I should try and use for these matches? FYI I'm playing on FMT.

Hi mate,

Thanks for good words.

About the away matches... I find that in home matches the home side gets some sort of a hidden buff to their abilities and it could be that the away side gets some sort of a hidden debuff to their abilities so away matches always will be harder than home matches in FM but it doesn't mean that you need any "special" tactic for away matches because with any tactic you'll be doing better in home matches than away matches but obviously, AI managers tend to be more attacking when they play home and they tend to be more defensive when they play away but it's usually hard to say how the AI will play because it depends on the difference between your team and his team reputation and his tactical attributes, also, AI managers might change their approaches during matches depends on the score and that's why your base/starting tactic should be well balanced :) and I find Phoenix V4 is well balanced tactic to start away and home matches and during them you can change to something different depends on the score   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I 'me verry happy with the Phoenix V4 tactic!  I play now with Anderlecht (this is my 4th season in FM2020). Before i was coach of a small Belgium team. 

i have a lot of ball posision +-65%

Ty verry much for this tactics

Knipsel.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

Thanks for good words.

About the away matches... I find that in home matches the home side gets some sort of a hidden buff to their abilities and it could be that the away side gets some sort of a hidden debuff to their abilities so away matches always will be harder than home matches in FM but it doesn't mean that you need any "special" tactic for away matches because with any tactic you'll be doing better in home matches than away matches but obviously, AI managers tend to be more attacking when they play home and they tend to be more defensive when they play away but it's usually hard to say how the AI will play because it depends on the difference between your team and his team reputation and his tactical attributes, also, AI managers might change their approaches during matches depends on the score and that's why your base/starting tactic should be well balanced :) and I find Phoenix V4 is well balanced tactic to start away and home matches and during them you can change to something different depends on the score   

Thanks mate :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I am struggling with the tactics. Playing with Phoenix v4 as the base starter tactic but finished 6th from bottom and now in 16th in second season.

barely score a goal, 7 in 7 games and 4 were in 1 game!! I have tried the other tactics too but no better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after 1st season with Leicester i switched from Pyromancer to Phoenix and i have to say that Pyromancer was a lot more "stable" tactic for my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know why, but i have very bad results. Create very few moments and score a little.

My team Sparta Praha

Used "PUNISHER V2" and "PHOENIX V4"

20200209174148_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pinball_88 said:

I do not know why, but i have very bad results. Create very few moments and score a little.

My team Sparta Praha

Used "PUNISHER V2" and "PHOENIX V4"

20200209174148_1.jpg

Yep me too. I haven’t found a tactic that genuinely works in this new match engine. 
Think I would get relegated if I carried on using Phoenix v4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi TFF,

Big fan and user of your tactics of the last few years - I'm completely dependent on you!! :D

I've only just started struggling when switching to Phoenix V4, my free scoring team have completely dried up.

Looking forward to your next release, thanks for your continued hard work.

AVFC.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Tff,can u tell us please which tactic is the best around here.I didnt expect so many tactics from u :D

In past managers it is always one but OP :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rineegan said:

Hello Tff,can u tell us please which tactic is the best around here.I didnt expect so many tactics from u :D

In past managers it is always one but OP :D

He's still doing testing to rank the tactics.
His advice currently is to start with Phoenix V4 and to switch to punisher if needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BaloooBear said:

Hi TFF,

Big fan and user of your tactics of the last few years - I'm completely dependent on you!! :D

I've only just started struggling when switching to Phoenix V4, my free scoring team have completely dried up.

Looking forward to your next release, thanks for your continued hard work.

Hi mate,

I find the new patch is very difficult and if you play in top leagues such EPL or La Liga and you finish the season above your media prediction then it's already a good results :)

but of course, I always try to improve the tactics

13 minutes ago, rineegan said:

Hello Tff,can u tell us please which tactic is the best around here.I didnt expect so many tactics from u :D

In past managers it is always one but OP :D

Hi mate,

At the moment I can't suggest just one tactic and suggest trying Phoenix V4 and Punisher V2/Stinger V1 combo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

I find the new patch is very difficult and if you play in top leagues such EPL or La Liga and you finish the season above your media prediction then it's already a good results :)

but of course, I always try to improve the tactics

Hi mate,

At the moment I can't suggest just one tactic and suggest trying Phoenix V4 and Punisher V2/Stinger V1 combo

I dont agree with your statements  regarding difficulty with new patch,even if you have some bad luck set pieces can **** your game.

 

On other side I dont agree with people who want instant success with plug and play style.

This people need to learn how to play game properly,

Later on I will show you my current campaign where you can see how small club wins title in Seria A in first season.

Entire season is on you tube and I need to play few games more to complete season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, not really getting any good results with Phoenix/Punisher combo. Played around 20 games and have 0-0 or 1-1 draws against teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich (I'm playing Man Utd). Was getting better results on the previous patch with Destroyer and Conqueror. 

Will try Raider now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pinball_88 said:

I do not know why, but i have very bad results. Create very few moments and score a little.

My team Sparta Praha

Used "PUNISHER V2" and "PHOENIX V4"

20200209174148_1.jpg

I don`t know what you guys are doing, but for me, Phoenix V4 with minor tweaks is a monster of a tactic.

This is one ex. of tiki-taka goals scored by my team :

 

 

 

 

W1.jpg

W2.jpg

W3.jpg

Edited by Crusho79bv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Olivercho said:

Same here, not really getting any good results with Phoenix/Punisher combo. Played around 20 games and have 0-0 or 1-1 draws against teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich (I'm playing Man Utd). Was getting better results on the previous patch with Destroyer and Conqueror. 

Will try Raider now.

the previous patches were less difficult, mate... this patch is very difficult so there's nothing wrong from time to time having draws vs such teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich even if you play with Man Utd :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

the previous patches were less difficult, mate... this patch is very difficult so there's nothing wrong from time to time having draws vs such teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich even if you play with Man Utd :)

 

I get that but i wasnt really dominating the games. Had maybe 5-6 shots on target. They had me open more times than i had them. Also lost to Arsenal 0-3 and City 0-2. With Destroyer i beat liverpool 4-0. Let's see how it goes with reaver and ill try tweaking phoneix little bit since u say its the most well-rounded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Olivercho said:

I get that but i wasnt really dominating the games. Had maybe 5-6 shots on target. They had me open more times than i had them. Also lost to Arsenal 0-3 and City 0-2. With Destroyer i beat liverpool 4-0. Let's see how it goes with reaver and ill try tweaking phoneix little bit since u say its the most well-rounded.

Mate, as I said I also did much better with Destroyer on the public beta but new patch and new rules :D

I can say that I agree with everyone who thinks that the tactics at OP aren't efficient enough and I'm also frustrated and I'm trying to improve the efficiency but it isn't that easy on the new patch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scruffer23 said:

@Totalfootballfanis coming deep to get ball still bad ppm for mc on phoenix tactic coz one of my players has picked this up through mentoring 

Yes, I find it's a negative PPMs for the MCs in Phoenix but I don't think it would be tragic if they have it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Yes, I find it's a negative PPMs for the MCs in Phoenix but I don't think it would be tragic if they have it

Both of them have it !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

If you play in a low rep league then I think it doesn't matter

I’m in the championship!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tff - Phoneix doesn't seem to be working well at all for me. Conceding a lot of goals and when I do win its narrow 1-0 wins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*******

Two new tactics have been added to the OP

 

 

SLAYER V1

FM20-ME2039-Slayer-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.490a51eca13c420aeff50918d47e5e3c.png

 

 

CRUSHER V1

FM20-ME2039-CRUSHER-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.e832f56ee581e4134ed9589291806912.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

Guys, I've cleaned up the OP and left only 3 tactics that worth attention at the moment

1) Slayer V1

2) Crusher V1

3) Phoenix V4

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Totalfootballfan said:

*******

Two new tactics have been added to the OP

 

 

SLAYER V1

FM20-ME2039-Slayer-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.490a51eca13c420aeff50918d47e5e3c.png

 

 

CRUSHER V1

FM20-ME2039-CRUSHER-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.e832f56ee581e4134ed9589291806912.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

Guys, I've cleaned up the OP and left only 3 tactics that worth attention at the moment

1) Slayer V1

2) Crusher V1

3) Phoenix V4

 

Any tips for the best combo? :)

Or is there a ranking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to say for me Raider v4 from the start, Phoenix v4 if behind, and time wasting tactic if ahead was just starting to give me good results.

Think I'm gong to stay with the above as before that my results were pants!  Be interesting to see the new tactics and how they fare though.

Edited by pw75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

*******

Two new tactics have been added to the OP

 

 

SLAYER V1

FM20-ME2039-Slayer-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.490a51eca13c420aeff50918d47e5e3c.png

 

 

CRUSHER V1

FM20-ME2039-CRUSHER-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.e832f56ee581e4134ed9589291806912.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

Guys, I've cleaned up the OP and left only 3 tactics that worth attention at the moment

1) Slayer V1

2) Crusher V1

3) Phoenix V4

 

Is the individual training for Slayer the same as Phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

Any tips for the best combo? :)

Or is there a ranking?

 

 

 I prefer Slayer V1 / Crusher V1 combo

but at the moment there's no much choice... only 3 tactics has left :) so it could  be Slayer V1 / Crusher V1 or Phoenix V4 / Crusher V1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dazycfc said:

Is the individual training for Slayer the same as Phoenix

It's slight different, I've added it

There are changes for DL/DR positons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Yes, but it's less important now

 

I'm putting them under a spoiler at the bottom of the OP... I see point only in sharing really "special" tactic and I don't see point in sharing average tactics 

 

Attack version of Phoenix is gone. and believe me its a great tactic :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrGizMo said:

 

Attack version of Phoenix is gone. and believe me its a great tactic :) 

I just renamed it to Stinger, it still can be found at the bottom of the OP

Btw, if it happens you need some old tactic just tell me and I always can attach them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Yes, but it's less important now

 

I'm putting them under a spoiler at the bottom of the OP... I see point only in sharing really "special" tactic and I don't see point in sharing average tactics 

 

Attack version of Phoenix is gone. and believe me its a great tactic :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...