FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Guys, I just want to show you some stuff that will be useful to know :)

Here's one of my sim test with Chelsea when I used Phoenix V4 tactic

As you can I got 94 pts, scored 67 goals and conceded 22 goals

phoenix-sim-1.thumb.png.4a86faad0215e11a45cf6e0c5c74abaf.png

Now here's my other sim test with Chelsea when I use the same Phoenix V4 tactic

As you can see this time I got only 61 pts, scored only 45 goals and conceded 33 goals

phoenix-sim-2.thumb.png.3f68399f660022c70b191dfb2f058320.png

I sim in FM Touch so it means there no Team Talks, no Shouts, no Briefings which could add additional randomness when you play in the full game

Also I use FMRTE that freezes the morale and condition for all players in the league which mean there's no random injuries, no random poor morale after bad run

And still as you can the results varies about 30%

Could you imagine what randomness you can get it real game? When you can have injuries, poor morale and you have to rotate you team?

At the moment FM20 is very random and you need to be ready for it :D

Im ready :lock:;)

ready.png

Edited by magicnut

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

After some consideration I've decided to bring back Raider V4 tactic to the OP, it can be very useful tactic in times when you want to play very defensively

So, which one for you much offensively, punisher v2 or phoenix v4 or stringer?  

9 minutes ago, njXuanX said:

2AF(Pyromancer) seems not so efficient than 1AF1SS(Punisher)? so should I choose Punisher and Stinger for scoring?

Punisher, Pyromancer and Stinger tactics should be considered when you want to be more attacking, they all produce very similar results, the moment I can't rank them, I need to produce more testing for it, I hope I can rank them soon 

20 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Punisher, Pyromancer and Stinger tactics should be considered when you want to be more attacking, they all produce very similar results, the moment I can't rank them, I need to produce more testing for it, I hope I can rank them soon 

thx for great job!

@Totalfootballfan Belated thanks for providing us with your tactics, I've been using them for years now.

I have a quick question, I'm managing RB Leipzig, 9 seasons in and with a very good squad, at home I can use any of your tactics and do okay but I'm really struggling away against the so called bigger teams, i.e. Bayern and Dortmund, any advice on which tactic I should try and use for these matches? FYI I'm playing on FMT.

4 minutes ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

@Totalfootballfan Belated thanks for providing us with your tactics, I've been using them for years now.

I have a quick question, I'm managing RB Leipzig, 9 seasons in and with a very good squad, at home I can use any of your tactics and do okay but I'm really struggling away against the so called bigger teams, i.e. Bayern and Dortmund, any advice on which tactic I should try and use for these matches? FYI I'm playing on FMT.

Hi mate,

Thanks for good words.

About the away matches... I find that in home matches the home side gets some sort of a hidden buff to their abilities and it could be that the away side gets some sort of a hidden debuff to their abilities so away matches always will be harder than home matches in FM but it doesn't mean that you need any "special" tactic for away matches because with any tactic you'll be doing better in home matches than away matches but obviously, AI managers tend to be more attacking when they play home and they tend to be more defensive when they play away but it's usually hard to say how the AI will play because it depends on the difference between your team and his team reputation and his tactical attributes, also, AI managers might change their approaches during matches depends on the score and that's why your base/starting tactic should be well balanced :) and I find Phoenix V4 is well balanced tactic to start away and home matches and during them you can change to something different depends on the score   

I 'me verry happy with the Phoenix V4 tactic!  I play now with Anderlecht (this is my 4th season in FM2020). Before i was coach of a small Belgium team. 

i have a lot of ball posision +-65%

Ty verry much for this tactics

Knipsel.JPG

3 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

Thanks for good words.

About the away matches... I find that in home matches the home side gets some sort of a hidden buff to their abilities and it could be that the away side gets some sort of a hidden debuff to their abilities so away matches always will be harder than home matches in FM but it doesn't mean that you need any "special" tactic for away matches because with any tactic you'll be doing better in home matches than away matches but obviously, AI managers tend to be more attacking when they play home and they tend to be more defensive when they play away but it's usually hard to say how the AI will play because it depends on the difference between your team and his team reputation and his tactical attributes, also, AI managers might change their approaches during matches depends on the score and that's why your base/starting tactic should be well balanced :) and I find Phoenix V4 is well balanced tactic to start away and home matches and during them you can change to something different depends on the score   

Thanks mate :thup:

I have to say I am struggling with the tactics. Playing with Phoenix v4 as the base starter tactic but finished 6th from bottom and now in 16th in second season.

barely score a goal, 7 in 7 games and 4 were in 1 game!! I have tried the other tactics too but no better. 

7 minutes ago, pinball_88 said:

I do not know why, but i have very bad results. Create very few moments and score a little.

My team Sparta Praha

Used "PUNISHER V2" and "PHOENIX V4"

20200209174148_1.jpg

Yep me too. I haven’t found a tactic that genuinely works in this new match engine. 
Think I would get relegated if I carried on using Phoenix v4.

Hi TFF,

Big fan and user of your tactics of the last few years - I'm completely dependent on you!! :D

I've only just started struggling when switching to Phoenix V4, my free scoring team have completely dried up.

Looking forward to your next release, thanks for your continued hard work.

AVFC.jpg

10 minutes ago, rineegan said:

Hello Tff,can u tell us please which tactic is the best around here.I didnt expect so many tactics from u :D

In past managers it is always one but OP :D

He's still doing testing to rank the tactics.
His advice currently is to start with Phoenix V4 and to switch to punisher if needed

18 minutes ago, BaloooBear said:

Hi TFF,

Big fan and user of your tactics of the last few years - I'm completely dependent on you!! :D

I've only just started struggling when switching to Phoenix V4, my free scoring team have completely dried up.

Looking forward to your next release, thanks for your continued hard work.

Hi mate,

I find the new patch is very difficult and if you play in top leagues such EPL or La Liga and you finish the season above your media prediction then it's already a good results :)

but of course, I always try to improve the tactics

13 minutes ago, rineegan said:

Hello Tff,can u tell us please which tactic is the best around here.I didnt expect so many tactics from u :D

In past managers it is always one but OP :D

Hi mate,

At the moment I can't suggest just one tactic and suggest trying Phoenix V4 and Punisher V2/Stinger V1 combo

58 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

I find the new patch is very difficult and if you play in top leagues such EPL or La Liga and you finish the season above your media prediction then it's already a good results :)

but of course, I always try to improve the tactics

Hi mate,

At the moment I can't suggest just one tactic and suggest trying Phoenix V4 and Punisher V2/Stinger V1 combo

I dont agree with your statements  regarding difficulty with new patch,even if you have some bad luck set pieces can **** your game.

On other side I dont agree with people who want instant success with plug and play style.

This people need to learn how to play game properly,

Later on I will show you my current campaign where you can see how small club wins title in Seria A in first season.

Entire season is on you tube and I need to play few games more to complete season.

Same here, not really getting any good results with Phoenix/Punisher combo. Played around 20 games and have 0-0 or 1-1 draws against teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich (I'm playing Man Utd). Was getting better results on the previous patch with Destroyer and Conqueror. 

Will try Raider now.

1 hour ago, pinball_88 said:

I do not know why, but i have very bad results. Create very few moments and score a little.

My team Sparta Praha

Used "PUNISHER V2" and "PHOENIX V4"

20200209174148_1.jpg

I don`t know what you guys are doing, but for me, Phoenix V4 with minor tweaks is a monster of a tactic.

This is one ex. of tiki-taka goals scored by my team :

W1.jpg

W2.jpg

W3.jpg

Edited by Crusho79bv

3 minutes ago, Olivercho said:

Same here, not really getting any good results with Phoenix/Punisher combo. Played around 20 games and have 0-0 or 1-1 draws against teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich (I'm playing Man Utd). Was getting better results on the previous patch with Destroyer and Conqueror. 

Will try Raider now.

the previous patches were less difficult, mate... this patch is very difficult so there's nothing wrong from time to time having draws vs such teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich even if you play with Man Utd :)

15 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

the previous patches were less difficult, mate... this patch is very difficult so there's nothing wrong from time to time having draws vs such teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich even if you play with Man Utd :)

I get that but i wasnt really dominating the games. Had maybe 5-6 shots on target. They had me open more times than i had them. Also lost to Arsenal 0-3 and City 0-2. With Destroyer i beat liverpool 4-0. Let's see how it goes with reaver and ill try tweaking phoneix little bit since u say its the most well-rounded.

8 minutes ago, Olivercho said:

I get that but i wasnt really dominating the games. Had maybe 5-6 shots on target. They had me open more times than i had them. Also lost to Arsenal 0-3 and City 0-2. With Destroyer i beat liverpool 4-0. Let's see how it goes with reaver and ill try tweaking phoneix little bit since u say its the most well-rounded.

Mate, as I said I also did much better with Destroyer on the public beta but new patch and new rules :D

I can say that I agree with everyone who thinks that the tactics at OP aren't efficient enough and I'm also frustrated and I'm trying to improve the efficiency but it isn't that easy on the new patch

Just now, Totalfootballfan said:

Two new tactics have been added to the OP

SLAYER V1

FM20-ME2039-Slayer-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.490a51eca13c420aeff50918d47e5e3c.png

CRUSHER V1

FM20-ME2039-CRUSHER-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.e832f56ee581e4134ed9589291806912.png

Guys, I've cleaned up the OP and left only 3 tactics that worth attention at the moment

1) Slayer V1

2) Crusher V1

3) Phoenix V4

Any tips for the best combo? :)

Or is there a ranking?

Got to say for me Raider v4 from the start, Phoenix v4 if behind, and time wasting tactic if ahead was just starting to give me good results.

Think I'm gong to stay with the above as before that my results were pants!  Be interesting to see the new tactics and how they fare though.

Edited by pw75

7 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

SLAYER V1

CRUSHER V1

Guys, I've cleaned up the OP and left only 3 tactics that worth attention at the moment

1) Slayer V1

2) Crusher V1

3) Phoenix V4

Is the individual training for Slayer the same as Phoenix

11 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Yes, but it's less important now

I'm putting them under a spoiler at the bottom of the OP... I see point only in sharing really "special" tactic and I don't see point in sharing average tactics 

Attack version of Phoenix is gone. and believe me its a great tactic :) 

11 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Yes, but it's less important now

I'm putting them under a spoiler at the bottom of the OP... I see point only in sharing really "special" tactic and I don't see point in sharing average tactics 

Attack version of Phoenix is gone. and believe me its a great tactic :) 

23 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

SLAYER V1

CRUSHER V1

1) Slayer V1

2) Crusher V1

3) Phoenix V4

Thank you.

will give both the new ones a go and report back 👍

27 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

SLAYER V1

CRUSHER V1

1) Slayer V1

2) Crusher V1

3) Phoenix V4

lol you are changing them fast :D 

32 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I prefer Slayer V1 / Crusher V1 combo

but at the moment there's no much choice... only 3 tactics has left :) so it could  be Slayer V1 / Crusher V1 or Phoenix V4 / Crusher V1

So Slayer/Phoenix as standard, and Crusher as attacking option I suppose?