FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey TFF!

Thank you for sharing the tactic with us! I have a question regarding player filters and 'attribute importance' listed in the OP. When you load the filter on any position you defined a prefered number to look for (pace - 12, work rate - 13, etc). For example, for wing-backs Marking is set at 10 - the lowest number out of 21 picked attributes whereas in the OP Marking is one of the highest important attribute for DL/DR position. Some are missing, some are extra for other positions. Is it an oversight or just your personal preference? Ofc it's the more the merrier :)

I'm asking mostly because of MC Marking attribute. For their roles (AP and DLP) marking isn't even highlighted ingame, though they're still somewhat involved in defending. Maybe that's why you noted it as an important attribute.

Spoiler

red and purple are taken form OP attributes, numbers are from filter

fmatts.png

So far the tactic works pretty well for suptop hungarian club Ujpest with non-optimal squad. 1 loss, 2 competitive draws, the rest are wins. Goals are scored mostly by my mediocre strikersujpest.thumb.png.908ccce7d5a29f72ab4df81c42458fae.pngotpujp.thumb.png.519c9fcbcceefdbe3446b164397a1130.png

31 minutes ago, arnattfodd said:

Hey TFF!

Thank you for sharing the tactic with us! I have a question regarding player filters and 'attribute importance' listed in the OP. When you load the filter on any position you defined a prefered number to look for (pace - 12, work rate - 13, etc). For example, for wing-backs Marking is set at 10 - the lowest number out of 21 picked attributes whereas in the OP Marking is one of the highest important attribute for DL/DR position. Some are missing, some are extra for other positions. Is it an oversight or just your personal preference? Ofc it's the more the merrier :)

I'm asking mostly because of MC Marking attribute. For their roles (AP and DLP) marking isn't even highlighted ingame, though they're still somewhat involved in defending. Maybe that's why you noted it as an important attribute.

So far the tactic works pretty well for suptop hungarian club Ujpest with non-optimal squad. 1 loss, 2 competitive draws, the rest are wins. Goals are scored mostly by my mediocre strikers

The propose of the in-game highlighted attributes for the roles is similar to "default preset tactics" … it just gives new FM players some "footing/orienteers" but we all know that the efficient of the default preset tactics are far from what you can get and the same story with the in-game highlighted attributes for the roles…

Only you can know what "job" your players do in your tactic and what attributes they need to do that job well…

For example, both MCR and MCR plays important role in the attack and in the defense so they must be somehow balanced.

Is V2 more efficient than V1 for all types of team? Or is it for away or underdog teams?

Im finding it alot more difficult to score, especially away from home with V2, would shifting the mentality to positive or attacking produce better results?

Edited by rovers1993

12 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

Go to the 1st post... there's a video that shows all tactical settings.

Thank you 👍🏾. I didn't watched the vid as i was thinking it was for the set pieces ! Thx again.

Edited by Jophilo

9 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

THE TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V2

Changes:

- changed the mentality from "Attacking" to "Balanced"

- tweaked the role and PIs of MCL position

- tweaked the PI of MCR position

- tweaked PIs of DL/DR position

- tweaked some TIs

Please could you explain what changes you made and the rational for the changes? thanks a lot for your help. 

7 hours ago, rovers1993 said:

Is V2 more efficient than V1 for all types of team? Or is it for away or underdog teams?

Im finding it alot more difficult to score, especially away from home with V2, would shifting the mentality to positive or attacking produce better results?

Hey,

I find that V2 is more effective for all types of team...

I'm finding the centre of the park way too congested with both MC, full backs cutting inside and wingers cutting inside and so I changed the full backs from inverted to normal full backs and it worked well. Have you tried that / what is your thinking behind having inverted full backs? Thanks

1 hour ago, Law_Man said:

I'm finding the centre of the park way too congested with both MC, full backs cutting inside and wingers cutting inside and so I changed the full backs from inverted to normal full backs and it worked well. Have you tried that / what is your thinking behind having inverted full backs? Thanks

I tweaked this tactic for the same reason. I now use full backs on support. One central defender is now on cover. A DLP and a CMs in midfield. The strikers are now both Pressing forwards. One on attack and one on support. Also using a higher defensive line and a high line of engagement. Sometimes use a shadow striker instead of the Pressing forward on support. Sometimes bring a striker back to make a midfield 3 and play with a DLPd BWM CMa. My results have been fine. Sitting top with a mid table team half way through the season 

Edited by wicksyFM

1 hour ago, wicksyFM said:

I tweaked this tactic for the same reason. I now use full backs on support. One central defender is now on cover. A DLP and a CMs in midfield. The strikers are now both Pressing forwards. One on attack and one on support. Also using a higher defensive line and a high line of engagement. Sometimes use a shadow striker instead of the Pressing forward on support. Sometimes bring a striker back to make a midfield 3 and play with a DLPd BWM CMa. My results have been fine. Sitting top with a mid table team half way through the season 

Is this with v1 or v2?

ZEUS tactic has been updated to V3

Wolverine tactic has been updated to V2

Changes:

- changed "Inverted Wingers" to "Wingers"

V3 has this following requirements:

-- MR/AMR : Right Foot – Very Strong 
-- ML/AML : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

I've also updated the filters to fit the new version

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

ZEUS tactic has been updated to V3

Wolverine tactic has been updated to V2

Changes:

V3 has this following requirements:

-- MR/AMR : Right Foot – Very Strong 
-- ML/AML : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

I've also updated the filters to fit the new version

Thanks. Working well for me.  How do you find out how strong footed a player is? For me it only says preferred foot e.g. left, left only or either. Where do I see fairly strong etc? And also why do you specify very strong only on the right winger but less strong on the left winger? Thanks

3 minutes ago, Law_Man said:

Thanks. Working well for me.  How do you find out how strong footed a player is? For me it only says preferred foot e.g. left, left only or either. Where do I see fairly strong etc? And also why do you specify very strong only on the right winger but less strong on the left winger? Thanks

sterling-png.9955

A left footed player is a rare thing so the requirements is lower ;)

ZEUS tactic has been updated to V4

Wolverine tactic has been updated to V3

Guys, I just want to say that this is the final update, it delivers the best efficiency that I've had in FM20 and I safely can say that I've tired everything. ;)

Changes:

- changes the roles of DR/DL positions from "Inverted Wingback" to "Full Backs"

- tweaked the PIs of DL/DR positions

- changed "Wingers" back to "Inverted Wingers"

The filters, training and Requirements have been updated to fit the new version.

@Totalfootballfan V4 is again with Inverted Wingers I see? (probably the change log is not correct for V4?)

And if I'm really having difficulty to find the correct strong footed players, can I change IW to W without to much impact? or does it break the whole tactic?

and another question, is holidaying in FMT with "Use current match tactics" different than just watching the game? Because I always tend to get slightly worse results when I'm holidaying a full season in FMT comparing to the screenshots the tactic creator and others show (like 100pts + with Liverpool has never happend to me in a holiday season on FMT). I make sure I am in control of the Opp. Instr. so that doesn't influence anything

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

6 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Guys, I just want to say that this is the final update, it delivers the best efficiency that I've had in FM20 and I safely can say that I've tired everything. ;)

Changes:

The filters, training and Requirements have been updated to fit the new version.

Thanks will try. If possible when you get some time please could you run through the exact changes you made and the rationale for making them? Thanks

Any ideas why I concede so many with this tact? I have a team which scores lots but concedes lots, and the result is I lose far too many matched. Opposition just play long ball down the middle and their striker is straight in to score. :(

5 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

@Totalfootballfan V4 is again with Inverted Wingers I see? (probably the change log is not correct for V4?)

Yup, it was a typo in the log... I've fixed it.

And if I'm really having difficulty to find the correct strong footed players, can I change IW to W without to much impact? or does it break the whole tactic?

At the moment I'm trying few things to find the most effective solution of this problem...I'll report a bit back later on that subject

and another question, is holidaying in FMT with "Use current match tactics" different than just watching the game? Because I always tend to get slightly worse results when I'm holidaying a full season in FMT comparing to the screenshots the tactic creator and others show (like 100pts + with Liverpool has never happend to me in a holiday season on FMT). I make sure I am in control of the Opp. Instr. so that doesn't influence anything

When you are "holidaying" your assistant manager is responsible for picking the team and rotating the team during the season and I can say that even the best assistant manager is usually very poor in it comparing to skilled human manager.

But there's no different when you watch a match or use "Instant Result" or "holidaying" through it.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb tripoligate4:

i made a quick test with  wolverine latest update in my fiorentina test as holiday and made the worst results as far i ve done :/   thaught would be better :(  made like 2 times in row :/   not sure if support backs are helping at creating tho.

This tactic only works perfect while watching games. As mentioned before.

15 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Changes:

Hi,

Possible to tell me what you've changed to the PI please ? I'm still playing on Switch and there is no video (this time i've checked 😉). 

Thank you.

Or if someone can make a screen for me 🙂

Edited by Jophilo

4 hours ago, RM2000 said:

This tactic only works perfect while watching games. As mentioned before.

the issue is that i didnt even talked about ''perfect'' i tested so many tactics around i just mentioned for tff coz i know his job all these years i know his tac are succesfull  but this one didnt work .i didnt mentioned it for any hate just a mention for a better work out

Many thanks to TFF. I use Wolverine V3 and I am first at the end of the first leg, still qualified in the Champions League, I am in 1/2 of the carabao cup. Thanks TFF, since I was waiting for a 4231 ...
Since I followed the instructions everything is fine. The left midfielder and the left winger are right foot and the right midfielder and the right wing are left foot.

IMG_20191217_105201.jpg

ZEUS tactic has been updated to V5

Wolverine tactic has been updated to V4

Changes:

- changes "Counter" to "Hold Shapes"

- tweaked the Team Width

- tweaked the roles and PIs of MCL/MCR positions

- added "Hold Position" for the "Inverted Wingers"

- reverted back "Full Backs" into "Inverted Wing-back"

There are some other changes including the set pieces tweaks

59 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Changes:

- tweaked the Team Width

a new one so quickly after saying v4 was the final one XD

2 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Changes:

- tweaked the Team Width

Did well against Liverpool, despite losing 4-1 I had 9 CCC. Gotta love FM 2020.  I still think inverted full backs are crowding into the centre too much and could exploit space down the flanks. What's your view? You have changed them back to normal full backs and then back again to inverted wing backs so what have you been seeing or not seeing which has influenced your decision? Thanks

2 minutes ago, Law_Man said:

I still think inverted full backs are crowding into the centre too much and could exploit space down the flanks. What's your view? You have changed them back to normal full backs and then back again to inverted wing backs so what have you been seeing or not seeing which has influenced your decision? Thanks

In this tactic and under the current ME having full backs crowding the center works more efficient than sending them to the flanks… the flanks are given to Inverted Wingers it works more efficient than having both Full Backs and inverted Wingers at the flanks.

Good evening, when you said "Use this tactic when you need to protect your lead and "kill" the game. Please notice that this tactic doesn't give you 100% guaranty that you don't concede it only greatly reduces the probability of it so if you start using this tactic too early, for example, when you've got a shaky lead by 1 goal then it might backfire and you might concede a fluke goal at the last minute and give away a win so you should use this tactic it wisely." is it for the V4 or V5 ?

Citation

Citation

Hi @Totalfootballfan! Do you think it would have major effectiveness problems to change the mentality from balanced to positive or attack? This current ME is disappointing. There is no consistency, many random results. Despite this horrible ME, I must say that Wolverine and Zeus give me the best results of all the tactics I've ever tested.

Edited by garotospfc

3 minutes ago, garotospfc said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan! Do you think it would have major effectiveness problems to change the mentality from balanced to positive or attack? This current ME is disappointing. There is no consistency, many random results.

Hey,

If you are talking about Zeus and Wolverine tactics then suggest sticking with "Balanced" mentality… I don't see any advantages in going for "Positive" or "Attacking" mentality…

2 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

In this tactic and under the current ME having full backs crowding the center works more efficient than sending them to the flanks… the flanks are given to Inverted Wingers it works more efficient than having both Full Backs and inverted Wingers at the flanks.

Thanks.  Did you experiment with setting strikers to shoot less often? I'm wondering that might help improve conversion ratio.

20 minutes ago, Law_Man said:

Thanks.  Did you experiment with setting strikers to shoot less often? I'm wondering that might help improve conversion ratio.

Yup, I've tired that and I find the current setting is optimal… with lower setting they start sometimes to ignore really good scoring chances and go for unnecessary passes