Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

I3). What would be the MINIMUM CA of a squad that can realistically challenge for a premier league title with high probabilty and would you rule out winning a premier league title with mediocre squad say 135-140ish ca?

 

For example, when I test with Arsenal(predicted 5th) or Man Und(predicted 6th) I don't feel like I should 100% win the title and usually if I win the title then it's just 3 points above Liverpool or Man City... as you can see the difficulty level is very high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Lets say I am challenging with City and Liverpool both with squads around 170ca (just a hypothetical scenario).

ROUGHLY ( I know its perhaps hard to say) what ca does my squad have to be to give me say a 50% chance of winning a title using most "efficient" tactics?

If I test with Man City or Liverpool then I'd say there's 70%-80% probability to win the title but it's only when random factors such as injuries are eliminated by FMRTE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

If I test with Man City or Liverpool then I'd say there's 70%-80% to win the title but it's only when random factors such as injuries are eliminates by FMRTE

So even with City or Liverpool you do not always win the title.?!:idiot::onmehead::eek:

Sounds pretty sad to me. Dunno about you..

Thanks for cutting to the Chase tho :cool:

Edited by magicnutt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, magicnutt said:

So even with City or Liverpool you do not always win the title.?!:idiot::onmehead::eek:

Sounds pretty sad to me. Dunno about you..

Yup, I agree with you... I also find that the difficulty level and randomness is a bit too much in FM20 but probably there are people who like such difficulty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Yup, I agree with you... I also find that the difficulty level and randomness is a bit too much in FM20 but probably there are people who like such difficulty

To me given the things you've said , and provided that your tactics are *really* the best and most efficient out there the level of "over achievement" even VIABLE to get on this engine is so sad that its not even bothering but that's just my opinion.

 

Edited by magicnutt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

To me given the things you've said , and provided that your tactics are *really* the best and most efficient out there the level of "over achievement" even VIABLE to get on this engine is so sad that its not even bothering but that's just my opinion.

 

Heh.. after FM19 when I was able to compete for the title with Southampton(predicted 10th) using Gladiator tactic and had high chances to win it, the difficulty and randomness of FM20 looks shocking :) but there are people who find it's more realistic that way and you really can expect winning the title only when you are Man City or Liverpool and not Southampton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont understand you guys If you dont like tactics from TFF be free to switch to another one...In my opinion he is the best tactician around and I am sure that he spend so much time to make the best tactic possibile!In my opinion playing on the beta patch,his tactic is a real beast!But in this FM edition you must take care about so much factors including  team moral,number of the new players in club,staff member and overall happiness in club!And so many factor,to have the best tactic its NOT enought in this edition so take care carefully about all other things when managing a team,and with thia tactics you will be on the TOP for sure!This is my advice for all those unhappy playing this magnificent game!Cheers to all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, babemocni1988 said:

I dont understand you guys If you dont like tactics from TFF be free to switch to another one...In my opinion he is the best tactician around and I am sure that he spend so much time to make the best tactic possibile!In my opinion playing on the beta patch,his tactic is a real beast!But in this FM edition you must take care about so much factors including  team moral,number of the new players in club,staff member and overall happiness in club!And so many factor,to have the best tactic its NOT enought in this edition so take care carefully about all other things when managing a team,and with thia tactics you will be on the TOP for sure!This is my advice for all those unhappy playing this magnificent game!Cheers to all!

No worries, mate.

People are expecting having the same overachieving level in FM20 as they had in the previous FM versions but FM20 offers shockingly lower overachieving level comparing with the previous versions and I can understand that some people are frustrated because I would be frustrated too. :)

In FM19 if you play with Liverpool or Man City and using Gladiator tactic then you could expect having about 100% win rate but now there's no guaranty that you even win the title… that could be shocking ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the best tactics (according to FM Base and MR L) have a win rate of only 70% and loss rate around 17%. 

Of course the win rate could be higher, but this all depends on your team, players, fit with the system, player management and morale I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cadoni said:

Can SI investigate about alt accounts here? 

@CadoniThe Mod team are well aware of issues in the past, so please just leave the moderating of the forums to us. Your post is not relevant and will be hidden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, michelb86 said:

Even the best tactics (according to FM Base and MR L) have a win rate of only 70% and loss rate around 17%. 

Of course the win rate could be higher, but this all depends on your team, players, fit with the system, player management and morale I suppose.

 

I'd say any good designed tactic testing system should do only one thing well - comparing tactics efficiency and it should not give you an answer could you win EPL with Southampton or not and what win rate you'll have with it :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, magicnutt said:

Im playing on the Beta ME...Bleh if THESE results I should be happy about then perhaps its time for me to uninstall the game yet again..

Sorry TFF but If I was to cut to the Chase for a bit with you : being predicted like 17th and finishing 15 or something like that doesn't get me bouncing up and down in excitement .

Im totally with magicnutt on this....

Now to start with im very grateful for TFF & KNAP who are obviously tactical genius when it comes to football manager.

My issue is with the game...

I have downloaded nearly all of TFFs and Knaps tactics but they never work for me. Now I usually bounce around lower leagues like vanarama or currently in welsh league, so im wondering if the tactic just wont work with really poor players ie they cant pull off the tactic......

FM already had a difficulty level set into it - so if like me you want to download someone elses tactics and just plug and play to glory then that is simply cheating and on an easy difficulty level.

For those that want a challenge then they design their own tactics and this makes it tough.

The beauty of FM always was if you found it too easy downloading others tactics you simply start again using your own and this makes it a hard game to play then.

For some people like me say, FM is no fun if you manage someone like slough for 10 years and stay in the same division just because that makes it realistic. By being able to cheat ie download someones tactics you can generally choose how hard you want to make it to play.

on previous games I loved being able to download a tactic, plug and play and after 10 - 20 seasons id be in the champions league with someone like Bath city.

At the moment I enjoy FM20 and at the same time cannot stand it because I just cannot find a tactic to plug and play that is successful.

I have tried about 20 saves with different lower league clubs but just cannot find a tactic that works well for the lower leagues.
im getting so fed up with FM 20 because of this but hey just my thoughts.

Edited by Bcfclee27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Im totally with magicnutt on this....

Now to start with im very grateful for TFF & KNAP who are obviously tactical genius when it comes to football manager.

My issue is with the game...

I have downloaded nearly all of TFFs and Knaps tactics but they never work for me. Now I usually bounce around lower leagues like vanarama or currently in welsh league, so im wondering if the tactic just wont work with really poor players ie they cant pull off the tactic......

FM already had a difficulty level set into it - so if like me you want to download someone elses tactics and just plug and play to glory then that is simply cheating and on an easy difficulty level.

For those that want a challenge then they design their own tactics and this makes it tough.

The beauty of FM always was if you found it too easy downloading others tactics you simply start again using your own and this makes it a hard game to play then.

For some people like me say, FM is no fun if you manage someone like slough for 10 years and stay in the same division just because that makes it realistic. By being able to cheat ie download someones tactics you can generally choose how hard you want to make it to play.

on previous games I loved being able to download a tactic, plug and play and after 10 - 20 seasons id be in the champions league with someone like Bath city.

At the moment I enjoy FM20 and at the same time cannot stand it because I just cannot find a tactic to plug and play that is successful.

I have tried about 20 saves with different lower league clubs but just cannot find a tactic that works well for the lower leagues.
im getting so fed up with FM 20 because of this but hey just my thoughts.

Ehh I have a feeling the dynamics of the engine are a bit different in lower level as I did for example got promoted back to back with sunderland using destroyer v1.

That being said I wanted to establish in the post what *level* of over achievement is currently even viable to get in high division leagues and what I established was Sad for me so I uninstalled this game for now.

Me , I'm a simple guy:

I like to cut to the Chase and see what thangs really about..People say many thangs 👂🏿 but its best to hear a explanation from TFF himself🎤 and I did and I made my own conclusions.

As far as the "difficulty" level I won't really call it that I'd just called it scripted filthy nature of this ME and sadness.

 

Edited by magicnutt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TFF, so ive been thinking how I can adjust things to make it easier as I just cant cope with the difficulty of this game !!!

Am thinking of using the editor and locking in the teams morale to the highest.

I know this is blatant cheating but cant think of any other way to progress and enjoy a save - what are your thoughts ? would this work do you think ?

One more thing if you were gonna start off in a lower league etc which of your tactics would you use ? Im using beta....

 

cheers mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

TFF, so ive been thinking how I can adjust things to make it easier as I just cant cope with the difficulty of this game !!!

Am thinking of using the editor and locking in the teams morale to the highest.

I know this is blatant cheating but cant think of any other way to progress and enjoy a save - what are your thoughts ? would this work do you think ?

One more thing if you were gonna start off in a lower league etc which of your tactics would you use ? Im using beta....

 

cheers mate

Have you considered just installing perhaps fm 19 and playing on the unscripted engine?

I mean lad regarding that...Who cares what anyone thinks :idiot:

What is the...Point? of playing such a way..If its more enjoyable to you then maybe itll be enjoyable to go in a conference team and raise some ca's to 200 and enjoy that way too but..

Really thats a waste of time any way you look at it lad but to each their own I ..guess?:idiot::eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

No worries, mate.

People are expecting having the same overachieving level in FM20 as they had in the previous FM versions but FM20 offers shockingly lower overachieving level comparing with the previous versions and I can understand that some people are frustrated because I would be frustrated too. :)

In FM19 if you play with Liverpool or Man City and using Gladiator tactic then you could expect having about 100% win rate but now there's no guaranty that you even win the title… that could be shocking ;)

In my opinion its just realistic :)

In real life you can not win title every year,its impossible...even with the best team,so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, babemocni1988 said:

In my opinion its just realistic :)

In real life you can not win title every year,its impossible...even with the best team,so...

But this isn't real life this is a video game.

If the engine is scripted in such a way that any kind of a  *SUBSTANTIAL* level of over achievement  is ruled out what exactly is the point in playing it?

If what we discussed with TFF so far is the 🛑LIMIT🛑 to what you can do tactically namely : with Liverpool odds to win title 70% on MOST EFFICIENT tactic sorry my opinion is bye bye Uninstalled..

 

 

Edited by magicnutt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have a doubt.
Regarding the attributes I use the Raptor or can I use the tactic even if I'm using the destroyer?

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy playing with destroyer a lot. Thank you tff, the results are just the ones i have been searching for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

@lipebtavares Não entendi sua pergunta ... você poderia elaborar um pouco o que quer dizer 

 

if I train the functions you recommend in the Raptor tactic or I train the specific functions of the Destroyer type advanced playmaker / deeplying playmaker for my midfield. Understood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

@lipebtavares if you use a translator to write messages and paste them then could you please paste them "as plain text" because the font is huge :)

formating.thumb.png.38f39a8bff86ad3ba4e91b81cddb2bb3.png

Sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lipebtavares said:

 

if I train the functions you recommend in the Raptor tactic or I train the specific functions of the Destroyer type advanced playmaker / deeplying playmaker for my midfield. Understood?

I'm not sure that I understand but if you are asking about the individual focus training then the individual focus training is the same for both tactics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Não sei se entendi, mas se você está perguntando sobre o treinamento do foco individual, o treinamento do foco individual é o mesmo para as duas táticas

That was it.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, delaneytomlinson said:

@magicnutt

You think FM is bad with the engine try playing on EA servers on FIFA on console lmao.

Ehm..There isn't even any kind of comparison to make since its comparing apples to oranges.

Btw yea I think the engine is nothing but some filth atm.

Edited by magicnutt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bcfclee27 said:

on previous games I loved being able to download a tactic, plug and play and after 10 - 20 seasons id be in the champions league with someone like Bath city.

20 Seasons? That Long? There were easily more efficient "tactics" out there. And that's the Thing -- SI likely don't have deliberately made the game "harder". It's just that the download sections are primarily dominated by tactics that try to game ME and AI flaws, which is a choice of Play. So it depends on the release how big those flaws are. Take the set piece exploits on FM19 alone -- guys made their side average like a Corner Goal per match, plus abused the Long throw routines. That's an almost guaranteed Goal from the set piece alone, and suicide whenever the AI sat Deep as it concedes added set pieces by the virtue of sitting Deep in their half. It's no wonder win ratios were that high. 

Additionally, since lots of Downloads so aggressively shove Players Forward like you never see in a match of real football, they may now be punished a tad more due to long balls, and congesting the attacking space for Little space and additionally poor shots and/or set pieces. Pretty sure that this isn't a result of SI trying to make Things harder, or to spoil anyone, but to make the match day experience a bit closer to Football. In actual Football, there is tradeoffs to consider with aggressive Systems. On FM, that often wasn't that much the case. I'm sure there's still plenty of overachievement here when compared to what the AI would do with the same Squad. It's all over the communities. However some flaws may have gotten closed, and new ones appeared.

Conversely, to get a side consistently to finish below media predictions/expectations as some had argued, you always had to do quite a bit of nonsense on FM. Long-term I wish the game were more customizable on the tactics front, as there's clearly a demand. Like, actual tactical assistant Mangers of different skill. That's also actually realistic, as some Managers aren't that invested into the tactical parts of their Team, and leave it to the assistant. Henk ten Cate for instance back under Rijkaard at Barca had developed their entire playing style, whilst Rijkaard admitted to his tactical apathy. May be worth a feature request, as the "realism" Argument may win you SI over. 

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys- this is not a thread to discuss the game and its tactics in general.  Please stick to the topic of the creator's specific tactics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I have never had real success with your tactics and you guys talking about how it is not possible to overachieve brought me the idea of testing the tactic first before investing time in a new save. So I simulated a whole Bundesliga season with 1. FC Köln (the team I am planning to start the new save with).

 

This is with the beta-version, using Destroyer v3. Only thing I did was plugging the tactic in and then simulate the whole season. No transfers or other stuff. Media prediction was 14th.

 

tabelle.thumb.PNG.d4fd067b935c7e326753d3ec89e4b3b7.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smiza said:

Honestly, I have never had real success with your tactics and you guys talking about how it is not possible to overachieve brought me the idea of testing the tactic first before investing time in a new save. So I simulated a whole Bundesliga season with 1. FC Köln (the team I am planning to start the new save with).

 

This is with the beta-version, using Destroyer v3. Only thing I did was plugging the tactic in and then simulate the whole season. No transfers or other stuff. Media prediction was 14th.

 

 

Heh... I don't think that anyone was talking about that it isn't possible to overachieve, the guys just were arguing about how much overachieving should be :) obviosly, people have very different opinions on that subject... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 ore fa, BigBubs ha scritto:

Restarted my Celtic save to test Raptor V4 - outstanding :applause:

Ladbrokes Premiership_ Stages.png

With retail version or public beta? thank's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Smiza said:

Honestly, I have never had real success with your tactics and you guys talking about how it is not possible to overachieve brought me the idea of testing the tactic first before investing time in a new save. So I simulated a whole Bundesliga season with 1. FC Köln (the team I am planning to start the new save with).

 

This is with the beta-version, using Destroyer v3. Only thing I did was plugging the tactic in and then simulate the whole season. No transfers or other stuff. Media prediction was 14th.

 

tabelle.thumb.PNG.d4fd067b935c7e326753d3ec89e4b3b7.PNG

What a season!!

Can you please post your player stats for the year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, I don't understand your question, could you elaborate a bit.

Hello Mate, i will try. on the predator tactic the IW has closing down on his player instruction list. however when i load the tactic i do not see this. but I just noticed that in the video you showed only for Raptor V4 with a WM not the Predator V4 with IW. so assume on the predator V4 the player does not have close down on player instructions.

Edited by edson.ofili.eo
more details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, edson.ofili.eo said:

Hello Mate, i will try. on the predator tactic the IW has closing down on his player instruction list. however when i load the tactic i do not see this. but I just noticed that in the video you showed only for Raptor V4 with a WM not the Predator V4 with IW. so assume on the predator V4 the player does not have close down on player instructions.

Some PIs are only available under specific Tis settings and it might stay after you change the Tis but in that case such PIs doesn't do anything so they can be ignored

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Some PIs are only available under specific Tis settings and it might stay after you change the Tis but in that case such PIs doesn't do anything so they can be ignored

so if download Raptor v4 with WM and then move them to IW to mimic predator v4. i may have the same PIs. got you. thank you. 

Edited by edson.ofili.eo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MrGreen555 said:

@Totalfootballfan Destroyer V3 is working well - I seem to dominate teams I shouldn't have much chance against BUT... I seem to really struggle when I'm the favourite, any ideas?

Mate, I can only say that if you play on the public beta then so far I haven't found anything else that would be more efficient than Destroyer V3. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and thanks for the tactics. I would like to ask: You have different filters for Raptor and Predator tactics. You also have some recommended attributes per position at the end. Those attributes are for Raptor or Predator? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hooligan said:

With retail version or public beta? thank's

Retail version mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ampalaea4 said:

Hello and thanks for the tactics. I would like to ask: You have different filters for Raptor and Predator tactics. You also have some recommended attributes per position at the end. Those attributes are for Raptor or Predator? Thanks

Hi,

The only difference between the Raptor filters and the Predator filters is one of them searche for ML/MR positions instead AML/AMR positions and that's all... the attributes requirements are the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Totalfootballfan

Just wanted to let you know that I am rocking the Public Beta Destroyer V3 on the non-beta version of the game and my Man Utd side are scoring goals and keeping clean sheets against everyone it faces.

Thanks man, the first tactic that has helped me to actually enjoy the game this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, davecrossley said:

@Totalfootballfan

Just wanted to let you know that I am rocking the Public Beta Destroyer V3 on the non-beta version of the game and my Man Utd side are scoring goals and keeping clean sheets against everyone it faces.

Thanks man, the first tactic that has helped me to actually enjoy the game this year!

Raptor v4 is recommended for the retail version isn't it...Also what does that mean "rocking" lad maybe u won the league and cl? Elaborate a bit :cool::onmehead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Raptor v4 is recommended for the retail version isn't it...Also what does that mean "rocking" lad maybe u won the league and cl? Elaborate a bit :cool::onmehead:

Haha yes it is, I was planning on signing up for the beta but never got round to it, played my pre-season games and things were going well so I didn't bother to install the beta!

Rocking in this case just means using. I am only 6 games in to the season but I think playing so many pre-season games has helped with building up the familiarity etc and I am just really happy with how my team are playing. I am even already able to play my second team against weaker sides and still get the same level of performances which obviously helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...