FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly let me just say I'm a huge fan of TFF tactics and have been for a few seasons now. However im struggling to get any consistency with Raptor V4 with my Arsenal save. I've followed instructions to a T yet can tell you how every match will pan out. I'll create at least 10 one v ones with Auba and Laca and have them all saved by the opposition keeper. Whilst the opponents no matter who they are will fashion one and score. This Despite signing Ederson in goal too!! So frustrating!!

I know a lot of this has to do with the ME however I am concerned this tactic may rely to heavily on one-on-one opportunities which are very rarely taken? Any suggestions? Or is it something I've got to live with until they change the ME?

53 minutes ago, Wardie37 said:

Firstly let me just say I'm a huge fan of TFF tactics and have been for a few seasons now. However im struggling to get any consistency with Raptor V4 with my Arsenal save. I've followed instructions to a T yet can tell you how every match will pan out. I'll create at least 10 one v ones with Auba and Laca and have them all saved by the opposition keeper. Whilst the opponents no matter who they are will fashion one and score. This Despite signing Ederson in goal too!! So frustrating!!

I know a lot of this has to do with the ME however I am concerned this tactic may rely to heavily on one-on-one opportunities which are very rarely taken? Any suggestions? Or is it something I've got to live with until they change the ME?

Hi mate,

I haven't found anything more efficient than Raptor V4 for the retail version. I understand it's very frustrating to see that your strikers are missing their scoring opportunities but I'm afraid that the only what you can do in this case is get better strikers or you could give them another chance and see if it was just bad luck. 

17 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

I haven't found anything more efficient than Raptor V4 for the retail version. I understand it's very frustrating to see that your strikers are missing their scoring opportunities but I'm afraid that the only what you can do in this case is get better strikers or you could give them another chance and see if it was just bad luck. 

Cheers for the quick response. As I said it's not a dig as im a massive fan of your tactics and the work you put into creating and updating them. 

Keep up the good work and hope SI hold up there end of the bargain and sort the ME out.

Edited by Wardie37

23 minutes ago, martinobremnato1 said:

@totalfootball

With your filters would you use the more attacking minded centre mids for the advanced playmaker role?

Or do you use the one thats more suited to the DLP role rather than the AP.

Mate, I'm not sure that I clearly understand your question but I can say that for MCL/MCR positions you need very similar type players, both positions greatly involved into the attacking and defensive phase so it's beneficial if they are competent in attack and defense which means they must have balanced attributes.

29 minutes ago, dywan said:

I hope that after the update you'll be a god like in FM 19, then i won every match :)Thanks for the great job <3

Heh :) ... I can say with Destroyer V1 on the public beta I have less efficiency than with Gladiator in FM19 but it's more efficient and more consistent than Raptor V4 on the retail build

24 minutes ago, danstam said:

Do you train your central midfielders in the attacking or defensive unit? 

I use "Training Style - Balanced" and in this case their group doesn't matter

21 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Heh :) ... I can say with Destroyer V1 on the public beta I have less efficiency than with Gladiator in FM19 but it's more efficient and more consistent than Raptor V4 on the retail build

Hey mate, I have the feeling that Raptor V4 is stronger than Destroyer V1 on the beta build. With Destroyer I have more possession, but score less goals and have a lower win-% then when I choose Raptor V4. It looks like my team has to 'fight' more to actually win the game when using Destroyer.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Ninodebest

7 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

Hey mate, I have the feeling that Raptor V4 is stronger than Destroyer V1 on the beta build. With Destroyer I have more possession, but score less goals and have a lower win-% then when I choose Raptor V4. It looks like my team has to 'fight' more to actually win the game when using Destroyer.

Any thoughts?

mate, it could be that Raptor scores more than Destroyer but in general I find that Destroyer is more efficient than Raptor on the public beta... anyway, the final verdict will be made only when the patch hits "live" but until that feel free to experiment with them :) 

10 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

mate, it could be that Raptor scores more than Destroyer but in general I find that Destroyer is more efficient than Raptor on the public beta... anyway, the final verdict will be made only when the patch hits "live" but until that feel free to experiment with them :) 

Is it possible to make some sims of both tactics on the beta and check what the differences are? :)

12 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

Is it possible to make some sims of both tactics on the beta and check what the differences are? :)

I'd say that it requires putting a lot of efforts to produce such testing that will answer all questions and honestly, I'm not ready to put such efforts into that because at moment nothing is known for sure and the ME could change further or the changes could be reverted so at the moment I can only produce less accurate tests and according to them Destroyer looks more effective than Raptor but as I sad feel free to experiment with them.

6 hours ago, robhall1 said:

someone try win with newcastle then ill be impressed haha. Seriously though, were bad on FM

Newcastle fits very poorly 4-4-2 formation, it seriously lacks strikers and players for ML/MR positions.

Obviously, it would be extremely hard to compete for the title with Newcastle in the 1st season but I think you can finish somewhere in top 7 and that will be a very good overachieving compare with the media prediction which is 15th.

Of course, you need to play in proper way and not just plug the tactic and go on "Holiday". :)

@RDF Tactics Hello mate, thanks for Reaving tactic.

Do you use inverted wingers same as in TFF OP ? (left foot for the right winger / right foot for the left winger)

What about forwards ? Does the tactic perform better with a left footed forward on the left and right foot on the right? or it doesn't matter ?

Also, anyone playing with a small team (not on holidays or FMT please) and getting solid and consistent results ? Because I see so many comments from people with big teams (Liverpool, ManU, PSG, Celtic, etc.).  Coached Arsenal previously and it was quite easy (when you have players and money). Very different story now when I'm coaching La Coruna in Spain 2nd division...  

Thanks

TFF,

First of all i would like to thank you for your wonderful work all over this years, always improving no matter what engine they use, congratulations!

I don´t now if you our any other player who use your tactics tried before, but for example, in the Beta FM destroyer V1 i put the Wingers on attaching mode and the mentality of the team Attacking, it works perfectly!

The other option that is working very very well is the 1-4-1-4-1, with the same instructions as the Destroyer V1 especially the ones in the last paragraph, but i took a ST and putt a Regista, the MCL and MCR as a Play Maker in a Attacking role, seems to be feet especially on away games.

Sorry, i dont now how to putt a picture with those changes.

One more time congratulations!

Best regards,

Romeu

@Totalfootballfan  How many seasons do you usually play before starting a new save? I'm in my 10th season with Manchester United at the moment. My plan is to finish the current season then start a new save using your Raptor V4 tactic, I think when you play too many seasons it gets unrealistic with all the regens dominating  the game instead of real players.

Also which team would you recommend using with your Raptor V4 tactic? I want to play in the Serie A, La Liga or Bundesliga with a top 4/5 team.

34 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

@Totalfootballfan  How many seasons do you usually play before starting a new save? I'm in my 10th season with Manchester United at the moment. My plan is to finish the current season then start a new save using your Raptor V4 tactic, I think when you play too many seasons it gets unrealistic with all the regens dominating  the game instead of real players.

I usually stop playing and start a new save after I win 3 times in row a top league such as EPL, La Liga and some other top league, also, I should have won Champions League at least once :)

34 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

Also which team would you recommend using with your Raptor V4 tactic? I want to play in the Serie A, La Liga or Bundesliga with a top 4/5 team.

If you are going to play a long term save then pick any team you like, mate… because if it doesn't fit the tactic by default then you always can re-build to fit the tactics

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I usually stop playing and start a new save after I win 3 times in row a top league such as EPL, La Liga and some other top league, also, I should have won Champions League at least once :)

If you are going to play a long term save then pick any team you like, mate… because if it doesn't fit the tactic by default then you always can re-build to fit the tactics

You was right about the 4-2-3-1 not being efficient on the current engine iv'e won the league 5 times in 9 seasons and only the CL once however despite that Mbappe has won the Balon d'Or 4 times in a row so there is pro's and cons of using that formation, iv'e almost reached the end of my first save after 10 seasons, and yes I agree with you i'll most likely use Dortmund or Inter on my new save hopefully Raptor suits those teams well if not hopefully I get the transfer funds to buy the players needed.

5 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

You was right about the 4-2-3-1 not being efficient on the current engine iv'e won the league 5 times in 9 seasons and only the CL once however despite that Mbappe has won the Balon d'Or 4 times in a row so there is pro's and cons of using that formation, iv'e almost reached the end of my first save after 10 seasons, and yes I agree with you i'll most likely use Dortmund or Inter on my new save hopefully Raptor suits those teams well if not hopefully I get the transfer funds to buy the players needed.

Dortmund suits poorly 4-4-2, it lacks strikers and players for ML/MR positions but as I said if you are going to play a long term save then it shouldn't be a problem

Inter suites 4-4-2 better but I think it also requires buying few players for ML/MR positions

engine knows my tactic if i keep use same tactic in same league and its really annoying. now i start new save in public beta and using Destroyer V1. its really good tactic and works well at underdog team.

Hello I am playing open beta with Sunderland using the destroyer v1.

Just a quick note : I have previously used some of tff tactics and they never quite clicked for me.

However first season I was easily promoted with 96 pts.

Now in the championship after singing about 15 or so players to reinforce the squad everything is set for a back to back promotion *fingers crossed* and so far there isn't a Problem with the tactic 👍🏾

noProblem.png

One quick question I have for tff:

is it highly recommended to train all the players in those specific role for instance midfielders box to box ..?

I trained my players so far for role that they play for instance advanced playmaker/deeplying playmaker for my midfield.

I assume this is so that players develop attributes faster? i set box to box for puig just so see a difference.

Edited by magicnut

Hey this is potentially a stupid question but I’m new to these forums - how do I download the files on the OP so they work in the game? Have downloaded from the steam workshop many times in the past but these FMF files aren’t recognised by my PC and I’m unsure how to import them in to the game itself. Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer...

5 hours ago, magicnutt said:

Hello I am playing open beta with Sunderland using the destroyer v1.

Just a quick note : I have previously used some of tff tactics and they never quite clicked for me.

However first season I was easily promoted with 96 pts.

Now in the championship after singing about 15 or so players to reinforce the squad everything is set for a back to back promotion *fingers crossed* and so far there isn't a Problem with the tactic 👍🏾

noProblem.png

One quick question I have for tff:

is it highly recommended to train all the players in those specific role for instance midfielders box to box ..?

I trained my players so far for role that they play for instance advanced playmaker/deeplying playmaker for my midfield.

I assume this is so that players develop attributes faster? i set box to box for puig just so see a difference.

Hi,

I'm glad to hear it works good for you but I want to add that I'm still working on the Destroyer tactic and trying to improve it, it could be a bit row at the moment so I suggest trying both tactics Raptor and Destroyer.

I suggest using individual training focuses different from the roles because I find other Individual Training Focuses develop higher number of useful attributes than suitable ones. Any role can be significantly tweaked to behave very differently from their default setting so it might require different attributes to do well on the pitch.

2 hours ago, martinobremnato1 said:

@totalfootball

The AP doesnt have hold position like the DLP so would you use a more attack statted central midfielder in the AP role,

Like one that has the PPM 'Gets forfward whenever possible' in the AP position.

Hi,

I would avoid having "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" for both AP and DLP in Destroyer tactic. 

26 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

I'm glad to hear it works good for you but I want to add that I'm still working on the Destroyer tactic and trying to improve it, it could be a bit row at the moment so I suggest trying both tactics Raptor and Destroyer.

I suggest using individual training focuses different from the roles because I find other Individual Training Focuses develop higher number of useful attributes than suitable ones. Any role can be significantly tweaked to behave very differently from their default setting so it might require different attributes to do well on the pitch.

Hi mate, any thoughts of when there will be a Destroyer V2? Right now I'm really in doubt if I have to use Destroyer or Raptor, which makes me 'crazy', hehe. ;)  Having a Destroyer V2 with more or less a guarantee that it's better than Raptor V4 would make that go away. :D 

Edited by Ninodebest

9 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

Hi mate, any thoughts of when there will be a Destroyer V2? Right now I'm really in doubt if I have to use Destroyer or Raptor, which makes me 'crazy', hehe. ;)  Having a Destroyer V2 with more or less a guarantee that it's better than Raptor V4 would make that go away. :D 

Hi mate,

It comes out that the new ME is more "trickier" than it looked on the first glance. :)

At the moment I'm producing extensive testing but still I haven't got an answers which approach is more efficient.

38 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

It comes out that the new ME is more "trickier" than it looked on the first glance. :)

At the moment I'm producing extensive testing but still I haven't got an answers which approach is more efficient.

Yeah, it looks like the new ME is more realistic, but even harder to find a 'perfect' tactic for compared to the retail ME. I will continue playing with V1 and I hope you find your answer, and maybe a new version soon! ;) 

Personally I can't use Destroyer v1 as it just wasn't working at all for me so I've come off the beta and back with raptor v4 which has decent (ish) results for me.

Definitely finding this version much more difficult to find any rhythm or consistency and I think from what i have seen it is more about 'over-achieving' rather than 'demolishing' teams/leagues you are in.  Hope any new versions are able to show a bit more consistency especially if you aren't one of the big teams.

Public Beta Tactics have been updated

Changes:

- changed the roles of ML/MR/AML/AMR positions

- tweaked the passing settings of ML/MR/AML/AMR/STCL/STCR position

- tweaked the dribbling setting of DL/DR positions

New requirements for the preferred foot:

-- AML / ML : Right Foot – Very Strong 

-- AMR / MR : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

DESTROYER V2

PUBLIC-BETA-FM20-Destroyer-V2-by-TFF.png

CONQUEROR V2

PUBLIC-BETA-FM20-Conqueror-V2-by-TFF.png