FM20 Tactics by TFF

24 minutes ago, martinobremnato1 said:

@Totalfootballfan

Hey man how do you set up the balanced training?

DO you pick no matches 1 match or two match, im not sure how to set it up, thanks  in advance!

Hey mate,

I'm not sure that I understand your question but I can say that the training is a huge subject so I suggest learning it a bit to get at least basic knowledge of it

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi TFF,

I used your tactics in FM19, Conqueror and Beserk specifically and they were awesome at all levels. I am sure it has been asked but I can't be bothered looking through 48 pages of comments but is the tactic wedded to WB's or can i make them FB's.

I dont know if this question is already asked but what should i do if my player gets red card? Take out striker and switch to shield wall or just continue playing with cerber? Played in european championship and was doing great in knockout with Serbia against France and than Grujic got red card and i took off Jovic. Later in the game they got red card too, but it affected my team more than them. They were still making more chances in 10vs10, its because they have better players i guess.

9 hours ago, peterWZ said:

Hi TTF,

I used some of your lists (strikers, left wingers, right wingers, AMC...), can you put the other? GK, DC, DAD, DAE and MC?

Hi,

Maybe at some point I'll do that :)

7 hours ago, Rengarfloki said:

Hi TFF

you can do a tactic with 3 attackers?

Hi,

I find 3 strikers formations don't work good so I don't see point in sharing them

7 hours ago, Ultras500 said:

Hi TFF,

I used your tactics in FM19, Conqueror and Beserk specifically and they were awesome at all levels. I am sure it has been asked but I can't be bothered looking through 48 pages of comments but is the tactic wedded to WB's or can i make them FB's.

Hi,

I'm glad to hear it was working well for you, mate.

I find changing WBs to FBs reduces the tactic efficiency so I don't suggest doing it

4 hours ago, voja94 said:

I dont know if this question is already asked but what should i do if my player gets red card? Take out striker and switch to shield wall or just continue playing with cerber? Played in european championship and was doing great in knockout with Serbia against France and than Grujic got red card and i took off Jovic. Later in the game they got red card too, but it affected my team more than them. They were still making more chances in 10vs10, its because they have better players i guess.

Hi,

if some of my players gets a red card and I'm winning at this moment then I remove the AMC position and if some of my players gets a red card and I'm losing at this moment then I remove MCL position and move MCR position to MC position.

On 12/03/2020 at 17:28, HeavyPunch said:

If you have been using TFF tactics, you should have probably learn how to utilize the tactic instead of requesting a new one. TFF only recommend the best tactic he tried. Just fit them in your best. You will still win the league with Cerber.  After first season, sell those players who you think doesn't fit and get players base on the filters that is provided. Juventus should be easy buying players. Then it would start getting better and better. 

Hmm.. Actually what i meant is, there's 3 archive tactic in this thread for FM20 and i'm curious which one still works and fit quite well for Juventus. Thank you for your answer by the way.

On 12/03/2020 at 17:33, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

I'm glad to hear that the tactics work well for you

I would lineup Juventus this way:

juve-lineup.thumb.png.d6c104e735b8c26af850b880a4887ace.png

Hi TFF,

Cool, i'll try that lineup and see if i could work the rotationing for MC in particular.

Thanks!

Edited by kingalexkr

Hi there,

Tactic is really fantastic at home but I simply cannot grab a win away from home.

I'm Sunderland, soon starting my 3rd season in the EPL (after good 7th and 6th place).

I'll keep on improving my team to see what happens next but is there a home + away set ? 

Those statistics away from home are really frustrating compared with my performances at home.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work TFF !

Edited by victorjol

32 minutes ago, victorjol said:

I'll keep on improving my team to see what happens next but is there a home + away set ? 

Those statistics away from home are really frustrating compared with my performances at home.

Hi,

The game just works that way, with any tactic your result in away matches always will be worse than your result in home matches, think about it a way that the home side gets some hidden buff to their abilities and the away side gets some hidden debuff to their abilities.

I can say that Cerber V3 tactic still gives me the best possible result in away matches even they might be worse than home results, anyway, I haven't found anything else better for away matches than Cerber V3 yet. :)    

On 10/03/2020 at 13:05, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, I might consider that if I had a lot free time :)

You always can make such list by yourself using the filters at the OP and FMRTE 

Hi mate,

Can you share with us steps to follow so we can get such lists using filters and FMRTE for all positions.

Thank you in advance

25 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

Hi mate,

Can you share with us steps to follow so we can get such lists using filters and FMRTE for all positions.

Thank you in advance

Hey mate,

I was searching suitable players in 120CA-200CA range based on the key attributes for the position

When you do it yourself then you always can tune the CA range to serve better to your team / league

If you want to practice then I suggest download the Official Pre-Game editor and try to create few perfect wingers 100CA, 140CA, 180CA and doing that you'll get a clue how it works

Just now, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

I was searching suitable players in 120CA-200CA range based on the key attributes for the position

When you do it yourself then you always can tune the CA range to serve better to your team / league

If you want to practice then I suggest download the Official Pre-Game editor and try to create few perfect wingers 100CA, 140CA, 180CA and doing that you'll get a clue how it works

How can we create perfect winger for each a determined number of CA ?

Because for the same CA we can have fill the attributes with different manner. 

Actually what i wanted to ask you is how can we detertmine for each range of CA if the player is suitable for the position or not ? is there a relation between the CA and the key attributes ?

To elaborate further. Let's take a central defender with 170 CA with 12 strength in this case he is missing the filter with 2 pts what can we say in this case is he suitable for the position or not ?

then what about other attributes jumping reach, acceleration, pace, .... and for other posistion every attribute by how much it can be missed ?

Sorry for disturbing you by my questions. But I sincerly believe that we only can enjoy this game by following you recommendations

Thank you

33 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

How can we create perfect winger for each a determined number of CA ?

Because for the same CA we can have fill the attributes with different manner. 

You have to prioritize some attributes over other attributes because you are limited by specific CA and that's the most interesting part… for example, try to create 120CA Winger and show what you manage to get and I'll try to help you with it, as I said I think it's the only way to understand how it works

Actually what i wanted to ask you is how can we detertmine for each range of CA if the player is suitable for the position or not ? is there a relation between the CA and the key attributes ?

CA is just an amount of point that a player has to spend on his abilities, for example, let's take two wingers both are 120CA but one of them has (16) Strength, (16) Jumping Reach. (16) Positioning, (16) Tackling so you no need to look further to say that the CA of this winger isn't allocated in the most effective for a winger because (16) Strength, (16) Jumping Reach. (16) Positioning, (16) Tackling cost a ton of CA but these attributes aren't very useful for a winger and it would be better to reduce them and increase other attributes such Acceleration, Pace and Dribbling

To elaborate further. Let's take a central defender with 170 CA with 12 strength in this case he is missing the filter with 2 pts what can we say in this case is he suitable for the position or not ?

For example, an average attacker in your league has (12) Strength and Strength works this way: the higher Strength compared to the opponent, the higher chances to win a challenge for the ball so if you want that your defender had advantage over the opposition attackers when they challenge for the ball then you want that your defenders had more than (12) Strength

Other example, an average attacker in your league has (14) Acceleration and (14) Pace so if you want that your defenders don't lose sprint races vs the opposition attackers  then you want that your defenders had also (14) Acceleration and (14) Pace  

48 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

For example, there are about 14,480 "Natural" Strikers in the game and only 397 (2.7%) of them have "Strength" attribute higher than (16) so if your defender has (16) "Strength" then you can be sure that he'll be having an advantage almost over any attacker in the game when it comes to winning the ball in a challenge.

Other example, there are 14,480 about "Natural" Strikers in the game and only 409 (2.7%) of them have "Jumping Reach" attribute higher than (16) so if your defender has (16) "Jumping Reach" then you can be sure that he'll be having an advantage almost over any attacker in the game when it comes to winning headers.

For example, there are about 14,480 "Natural" Strikers in the game and only 397 (2.7%) of them have "Strength" attribute higher than (16) so if your defender has (16) "Strength" then you can be sure that he'll be having an advantage almost over any attacker in the game when it comes to winning the ball in a challenge.

Other example, there are 14,480 about "Natural" Strikers in the game and only 409 (2.7%) of them have "Jumping Reach" attribute higher than (16) so if your defender has (16) "Jumping Reach" then you can be sure that he'll be having an advantage almost over any attacker in the game when it comes to winning headers.

So all is about comparing attributes with the opponnent player in the league we are playing.

It will be like that :

GB vs STR

DC vs STR

AMC vs DM

DL vs AMR

DR vs AML

MC vs MC

Please correct me if i a wrong

44 minutes ago, rlemos said:

TFF, i can tell you that this is one of the most interesting topics man... those last 2 answers, that's really interesting.

thanks TFF

Mate, I'd say if there's no obvious exploits such as set pieces exploits or any tactical exploit like strikerless tactics in the past then I find your tactic contributes about 30% or maybe 40% to your success and other 60%-70% is the quality of your players, specifically, how much better your players are compared to your opponents, for example, you can have 200CA players but if your opponents also have 200CA players then you won't dominate them.

37 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

So all is about comparing attributes with the opponnent player in the league we are playing.

It will be like that :

GB vs STR

DC vs STR

AMC vs DM

DL vs AMR

DR vs AML

MC vs MC

Please correct me if i a wrong

You are about right, mate.

For example, if you play in Sky Bet League One then there are about 88 "Natural" Strikers in the league and only 11 (12%) of them have "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) so if you are looking a good defender for Sky Bet League One than any defender with "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) would react faster than any striker in the league so you really don't need look for higher "Anticipation" for you defenders in that league.

But if you play in English Premier League then there are about 59 natural strikers and 36 (61%) of them have "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) so as you can see more than half of striker has "Anticipation" higher than 13 so if you are looking a good defender for English Premier League than you should look for a defender with "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) because (13) is quite low for English Premier League but for Sky Bet League One was enough.

As you can see the Attributes subject is very huge and complex and it's just impossible to give one simple algorithm how to find players that will be working in any situations. it's only possible to help and give some advises if you narrow the subject. 

Mate, I'd say if there's no obvious exploits such as set pieces exploits or any tactical exploit like strikerless tactics in the past then I find your tactic contributes about 30% or maybe 40% to your success and other 60%-70% is the quality of your players, specifically, how much better your players are compared to your opponents, for example, you can have 200CA players but if your opponents also have 200CA players then you won't dominate them.

You are about right, mate.

For example, if you play in Sky Bet League One then there are about 88 "Natural" Strikers in the league and only 11 (12%) of them have "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) so if you are looking a good defender for Sky Bet League One than any defender with "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) would react faster than any striker in the league so you really don't need for higher "Anticipation" for you defenders in that league.

But if you play in English Premier League then there are about 59 natural strikers and 36 (61%) of them have "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) so as you can see almost half of striker has "Anticipation" higher than 13 so if you are looking a good defender for English Premier League than you should look for a defender with "Anticipation" attribute higher than (13) because (13) is quite low for English Premier League but for Sky Bet League One was enough.

As you can see the Attributes subject is very huge and complex and it's just impossible to give one simple algorithm how to find players that will be working in any situations. it's only possible to help and give some advises if you narrow the subject. 

Thank you mate,

what about finishing ? should it be compared with reflex or handling of goalkeeper ?

9 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

Thank you mate,

what about finishing ? should it be compared with reflex or handling of goalkeeper ?

I'd say you should not compare the "Finishing" of your strikers with the "Reflex" of the opposition goalkeepers

You should compare the "Finishing" of your strikers with the "Finishing" of the opposition strikers in your league

Let's say all opposition strikers in your league have (11) Finishing and your strikers have (13) Finishing so if in some match your team and your opponents create equal amount of scoring chances but you still win... why? because your strikers have better "Finishing" so let's you and your opponent both created 10 scoring chances in some match but your team scored 5 goals and your opponents scored only 3 goals... why? because your striker had better "Finishing"

I'd say you should not compare the finishing of your strikers with the reflex of the opposition goalkeepers

You should compare the finishing of your strikers with the finishing of the opposition strikers in the league

Let's say all opposition strikers in your league have (11) Finishing and your strikers have (13) so if in some match your team and your opponents create equal amount of scoring chances but you still win... why? because your strikers have better Finishing so let's you and your opponent both created 10 scoring chances in some match and your team scored 5 goals and your opponents scored only 3 goals because your striker had better "Finishing"

Do you mean that all technical attributes should be compared with the same position like that :

GB vs GB

DC vs DC

AMC vs AMC

DL vs DL

DR vs DR

MC vs MC

but physical and mental should be compared with opposite position like that :

GB vs STR

DC vs STR

AMC vs DM

DL vs AMR

DR vs AML

MC vs MC

Isn't it ???

41 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

Do you mean that all technical attributes should be compared with the same position like that :

GB vs GB

DC vs DC

AMC vs AMC

DL vs DL

DR vs DR

MC vs MC

but physical and mental should be compared with opposite position like that :

GB vs STR

DC vs STR

AMC vs DM

DL vs AMR

DR vs AML

MC vs MC

Isn't it ???

In general you want that your team was better in every area than any other team in the league:

- If you want that your defenders were faster or at least won't be slower than the opposition attackers in other teams in the league than check the Acceleration and Pace attributes of the opposition attacker in the league and find such defenders for your team that have at lease the same level "Acceleration" and "Pace" or better

- If you want that your defenders were wining all headers then check "Jumping Reach" attribute of the opposition attackers in your league and find such defenders for your team that have at lease the same level "Jumping Reach" or better

- If you want that your defenders were reading the game better or at leas at the same level as the opposition attackers in your league then check "Anticipation" attribute of the opposition attackers in your league and find such defenders for your team that have "Anticipation" attribute at the same level or even better

- if you want that your attackers convert their scoring chances at better or at least at the same rate as the opposition attacker in other teams in your league then check "Finishing", "Decisions", "Composure" and "Concentration" attributes of the opposition attackers in your league and find such attackers for your team that have the same or better level for "Finishing", "Decisions", "Composure" and "Concentration" attributes

- if you want that your attacker were better at passing than the attackers in other teams in your league then check the "Passing", "Vision", "Decision", "Technique", "Teamwork" of the opposition attackers in other teams in your league and find such attackers for you team that have  "Passing", "Vision", "Decision", "Technique", "Teamwork" attributes at the same or better level than the opposition attackers in other teams in your league.

- if you want that your wingers were faster than any defenders in other teams in your league then check the "Acceleration" and "Pace" of the defenders in other teams in the league and find such wingers for your team that have "Acceleration" and "Pace" higher than the opposition defenders in your league

The list above can be continued to infinity :)

The idea is that you always should want that your players were better in all areas than the opposition players because the better your player the higher your chances on success and it might be that in some league if a winger has (14) Acceleration and (14) Pace then he can be the faster players in the league by mile and you really don't want look for any faster than he but in some other league (14) Acceleration and (14) Pace might be not enough because any defender is faster than that.

So in any league you just trying to get the best players for that league.

On 13/03/2020 at 12:55, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, I really don't know any team that you can't fit into Cerber or Fighter -)) if you know such team tell me, please... I'll take a look at it :)

switched to Fighter, 3rd season with Brentford I'm 8 games in and storming the league. Found that morale is really an important aspect of the game that will impact tactics A LOT. Nothing groundbreaking, I know, but it helped me a ton. 

2 minutes ago, lasiaf3102 said:

Anyone having a problem with yellow cards? im gettin 4-6 cards a match on 20.4.0 update regardless of what tactic i use and keep getting fined. really annoying!

Hey mate,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "any other tactic" :) but if you any tactic from the OP then the amount of yellow cards can be really high sometimes because all position have "Hard Tackles" PI activated but that's the price you pay to get better results with the tactics if you want you can remove "Hard Tackles" PIs from every position and you'll be getter less yellow cards but your results also drop

Can anybody explain why Cerber and Fury isn't working as for many other users? I am currently playing with Dortmund (which I think have the perfect squad for both tactics) but every game I have 50 shot, and 30 on goal, but i cant score? Haaling hasn't scored yet, and every goal i score is from corners and Hummels is my topscorer... 

I have only played 10 games in the league, but i struggle with winning. Most of the games ends 1-1 og a 2-1 victory, struggling away from home. Has anybody faced the same experience with these tactics? :)

8 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "any other tactic" :) but if you any tactic from the OP then the amount of yellow cards can be really high sometimes because all position have "Hard Tackles" PI activated but that's the price you pay to get better results with the tactics if you want you can remove "Hard Tackles" PIs from every position and you'll be getter less yellow cards but your results also drop

Ah ok. I was referring to TFF tactics from this thread. if that's the price you pay for getting good results then fair enough, my results have definitely been good! was just getting annoyed with the number of cards i was getting. 

Thanks for the reply!

11 minutes ago, Konglarsen123 said:

Can anybody explain why Cerber and Fury isn't working as for many other users? I am currently playing with Dortmund (which I think have the perfect squad for both tactics) but every game I have 50 shot, and 30 on goal, but i cant score? Haaling hasn't scored yet, and every goal i score is from corners and Hummels is my topscorer... 

I have only played 10 games in the league, but i struggle with winning. Most of the games ends 1-1 og a 2-1 victory, struggling away from home. Has anybody faced the same experience with these tactics? :)

Hey mate,

If you aren't happy with the results you getting then provide me with your game save at the end of the season and I'll help you

Without seeing your save I can't take your words seriously and consider them as trolling... I hope you understand my position :)

12 minutes ago, lasiaf3102 said:

Ah ok. I was referring to TFF tactics from this thread. if that's the price you pay for getting good results then fair enough, my results have definitely been good! was just getting annoyed with the number of cards i was getting. 

Thanks for the reply!

No problem at all, mate.

Also, I suggest being very careful with yellow cards and manage "Hard Tackles" accordingly so if you see than some of your players get booked during a match then you should remove "Hard Tackle" PI from this player immediately otherwise there's a high risk of him getting 2nd yellow / Red card

40378282c8450e31565d9a8c1746998a.png

2 season Borussia Dortmund, it's awesome! 0 transfers except 1 left defender because my defender left the club.

In first season won bundesliga, german supercup and german cup, busted in semi final with chelsea after 5 injuries.. Incredible results , Ty TFF! :)

Edited by dywan