Sports Interactive Community
jimbo22

Constant, at random, crashes.

Anyone suffering from this? 

Never had a problem with the BETA, played a number of hours on that and didnt seem to have any of these. Now, i've lost 3 save games in the past week or so because of the game crashing while saving. I've had a couple of random crashing while in a match. 

In the space of the last month there's been 17 crash dumps created. The game has pretty much become unplayable because of these random crashes. I was saving just a single file as this hasnt bee a problem with the BETA of previous versions of the game. Started the 3 rolling save but when it crashes and i have to go back and play out games ive already completed the enjoyment is slow but surely being squeezed out of this game. 

Never had anywhere near the issues with older versions that im having right now. 

32134342.PNG

15 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

Here's those things, its weird that the BETA was fine and since the final release its been nothing but trouble on various updates. Its getting to the stage where im considering just uninstalling it. 

DxDiag.txt 107.53 kB · 5 downloads FM 2020 v20.2.1.1326301 (2019.12.10 19.44.06).dmp 446.16 kB · 1 download FM 2020 v20.2.1.1326301 (2019.12.11 18.08.32).dmp 523.1 kB · 1 download

Hey, 

Sorry about the issues. I can see from the crash dump it's not an issue we've had logged before, so if possible can you provide a save game so I can try and reproduce it on my end?

If you upload the save to the SI Cloud that would be ideal. I appreciate you say its random, but if you've noticed any patterns or it happening at certain points then please let me know - thanks.

When I say its Random, im meaning it is totally random, sadly. The last save it happened when it was saving the game which corrupted that save, so I went back to the previous save of the rolling 3 saves that was ok and It went past the next save point fine. Over the next few days I will continue to play and see if it happens again and If there is any pattern to it which hasnt been the case so far. 

I will let you guys know. 

On 14/12/2019 at 08:57, jimbo22 said:

Just had another, reloaded the game from last save and it went past the point of the initial crash..... so seems save isnt worth while. 

FM 2020 v20.2.1.1326301 (2019.12.14 02.49.22).dmp 500.75 kB · 4 downloads

Could you upload the save to the SI Cloud, please.

And there is definitely no pattern to the crashes, they happen completely randomly? 

Sorry for not relying recently, been on vacation. Yes, its completely at random, there is no pattern to the crashes. Can crash when saving, playing a game or just clicking continue. Just had another crash there... I'll also be honest, in all the years i've played CM/FM this has to be the worst experience i've ever had with the game. 

I've uploaded the last save point I have with this one its under jimbo22 - Aberdeen.fm

Hopefully this is something you guys can figure out because its becoming tiresome and tedious having crach after crash. 

FM 2020 v20.2.3.1330207 (2019.12.21 11.20.41).dmp

Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce any crashes whilst using your save. 

As a test, we would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall your graphics card drivers to see if it helps, please?

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

On 01/01/2020 at 06:05, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @jimbo22 - Have you tried the steps that Jimmy recommended? Thanks. 

Yeah, i've done the re installation of the drivers. Tonight is the first night i've played since the last crash and it crashed again. 

I dont play too many games but this is the only one that I have any trouble with. Never seen a game crash so much in all my years of gaming. 

FM 2020 v20.2.3.1330207 (2020.01.06 20.51.24).dmp

10 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

Yeah, i've done the re installation of the drivers. Tonight is the first night i've played since the last crash and it crashed again. 

I dont play too many games but this is the only one that I have any trouble with. Never seen a game crash so much in all my years of gaming. 

FM 2020 v20.2.3.1330207 (2020.01.06 20.51.24).dmp 511.47 kB · 1 download

What point did it crash at this time - was it during a match? Or while processing?

It was just a processing stage. But I did have 2 crashes also (that didnt create crash dumps) during the same match. I reloaded it and managed to get past that match. 

Have you got any editor files installed? Or using any custom graphics/skins?

I did have, i reinstalled windows and a new FM without edited files and i was still getting the crashes, updated to the new one and its still happening. Sadly its destroying any fun I have with the game, FM2019 looks like a better option from here. 

Edited by jimbo22