The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part Eight: Will Wilson hear the Lions Roar?)

mark wilson27

I would've liked to stayed another year with Juventus but the chance to manage my home nation was too good too be true and in truth the rumours were I wasn't going to be there for the start of the season anyway

July 21st:
So its my first day in charge of my home nation England. We are currently ranked 5th in the world. My first game in charge will be forty seven days against Germany in the European International League

August 14th:
The World Rankings have been released and we remain 5th with Italy 1st. The most improved nation is Hong Kong (China PR) who rose from 124th to 113th

August 28th: 
Its now time for me to choose the squad for the European International League game against Germany (12) and a friendly against my old national side Uruguay (23). * () indicates World Rankings*

Goalkeepers:
Craig Farmer (Tottenham), Freddie Sands (Stoke), Josh Brennan (Man.Utd)

Defenders:
Neil Christie (Arsenal), Lee King (Man.Utd), Uche Akilu (Man.Utd), Niall Arnold (Derby), Stuart Coleman (Liverpool), Gavin Naylor (Arsenal), Matt Harris (Man.Utd), Jon Speed (Middlesbrough)

Midfielders:
Michael Fitzgerald (West Brom), Tom Miles (Crystal Palace), Michael Frayne (Man.City), Mark Hunter (Southampton), Kevin Battersby (Arsenal), Matt Cox (Everton), Reiss Nelson (Liverpool), Jack Melham (Arsenal)

Attackers:
Ashley Cawsey (Everton), Dimitris Mastrogiannis (Arsenal), Rafer Latapy (West Brom), Narong Nakchamnarn (Arsenal)

September 6th:
I have been asked to pick the nations captain and vice captain. The captain will be A.Cawsey and the vice captain will be C.Farmer

Germany (Allianz Arena, Munchen) European League Div. A Grp 4 (1/4)
A great start to the game saw us taking the lead on the 12th minute as M.Fitzgerald sprinted with ball and fired with pace under the keeper. Eleven minutes later we made it two nil with a powerful strike from D.Mastrogiannis which gave the German keeper no chance of saving. However after the goal we seemed to sit back and on the 36th minute B.Sturm jinked past G.Naylor to slide the ball under C.Farmer.
The second half started with Germany controlling the play and on the 64th minute they equalised with A.Erbs rising above the defence and headed over C.Farmer and into the net. Eleven minutes later though we countered a German attack and D.Mastrogiannis headed in with ease from a K.Battersby cross. With seven minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the winner with M.Cox unleashing a thunderous shot into the top corner of the net to give us all three points

Germany 2-4 England B.Sturm 36, A.Erbs 64 / M.Fitzgerald 12, D.Mastrogiannis 23, 75, M.Cox 83

C.Farmer (capt), L.King, G.Naylor, M.Harris, U.Akilu, K.Battersby, M.Frayne, M.Fitzgerald (T.Miles), M.Cox (R.Nelson), D.Mastrogiannis, N.Nakchamnarn (A.Cawsey))

Booked: M.Fitzgerald

September 10th:
Uruguay (Wembley, London) Friendly
A tight start saw little in the way of action but on the 25th minute a lumped ball upfield by F.Sands was volleyed home by A.Cawsey. With three minutes remaining in the half Uruguay came close with a well worked team move which split my defence apart but F.Sands saved well to deny the visitors.
The second half was again pretty tight with little in the way of action until late in the game as on the stroke of full time M.Frayne curled the ball into the top corner to give the keeper no chance of saving. Straight from kick off we intercepted the ball and A.Cawsey finished the move with a well struck effort into the bottom corner. Not a great performance despite the scoreline and I let my players know what I thought of it.

England 3-0 Uruguay A.Cawsey 25, 90+1, M.Frayne 90

F.Sands (J.Brennan), N.Christie, S.Coleman, J.Speed (U.Akilu), N.Arnold (G.Naylor), M.Hunter (M.Cox), M.Frayne, T.Miles (K.Battersby), R.Nelson (D.Mastrogiannis), A.Cawsey (capt), R.Latapy

September 18th:
The World Rankings have been released and we remain 5th with Italy still top. The most improved nation is Central African Rep. Who rose from 161st to 59th

October 4th:
Its now time for me too choose the squad for the European League double header against Holland (3) and Germany (16). The squad is as follows:[/b]

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:
Ben Wagstaff (Chelsea), Neil Christie (Arsenal), Lee King (Man.Utd), Uche Akilu (Man.Utd), Niall Arnold (Derby), Stuart Coleman (Liverpool), Gavin Naylor (Arsenal), Matt Harris (Man.Utd), Jon Speed (Middlesbrough)

Midfielders:
Tom Miles (Crystal Palace), Michael Frayne (Man.City), Mark Hunter (Southampton), Kevin Battersby (Arsenal), Matt Cox (Everton), Reiss Nelson (Liverpool), Jack Melham (Arsenal)

Attackers:
Ashley Cawsey (Everton), Dimitris Mastrogiannis (Arsenal), Rafer Latapy (West Brom), Narong Nakchamnarn (Arsenal)

October 11th:
Holland (Wembley, London) European League Div. A Grp 4 (2/4)
The start of the game was pretty quiet and it took till the 27th minute for the first effort on goal as Holland broke clear of my defence but C.Farmer was on hand to block the effort brilliantly. Ten minutes later we had our first chance as K.Battersby curled a cross into the area and A.Cawsey headed just over the crossbar. On the stroke of half time we had another chance as D.Mastrogiannis ran onto a M.Cox through-ball but his final effort saw the ball go well wide of the post.
The second half was much the same as both my side and the Dutch side traded blows and on the 57th minute Holland came close again with a low shot which was diverted wide of the post by G.Naylor. Twelve minutes later they had another chance as a poor pass by S.Coleman was intercepted but luckily for us C.Farmer was on hand to block the shot. There was one more chance on the game as on the 85th minute R.Latapy rose above the defence and headed a T.Miles cross straight into the keepers arms

England 0-0 Holland

C.Farmer, N.Christie (L.King), G.Naylor, S.Coleman, U.Akilu, K.Battersby, T.Miles, M.Frayne, M.Cox (R.Nelson), A.Cawsey (capt) (R.Latapy), D.Mastrogiannis

Booked: S.Coleman, M.Frayne, G.Naylor, R.Nelson, T.Miles

October 15th:
Germany (Wembley, London) European League Div. A Grp 4 (3/4)
We faced Germany for the second time in a few months and we got off to a bad start as on the 4th minute B.Sturm beat the offside trap and fired with pace under C.Farmer. Eight minutes later they had another chance with a long range effort which had C.Farmer at full stretch to save. We were being outclassed and on the 28th minute they came close again with a low shot which beat the keeper but not the crossbar. However three minutes later we got an unlikely equaliser as D.Mastrogiannis hit a shot from thirty yards which bounced over the keeper and into the back of the net. On the 34th minute we scored again as M.Cox curled a wonderful effort into the top corner from the edge of the area. Just before the break Germany had another chance with a well worked team move which split my defence apart but C.Farmer saved well.
The second half was alittle tighter with the majority of the play being in the middle of the pitch. The half dragged along until the 76th minute as P.Marx beat the offside trap and fired under C.Farmer. It looked like we were going to settle for a draw but deep into injury time R.Latapy sent the Wembley crowd wild as he fired in from twenty yards to give the German keeper no chance of saving and give us all three points

England 3-2 Germany D.Mastrogiannis 31, M.Cox 34, R.Latapy 90+2 / B.Sturm 4, P.Marx 76

C.Farmer, N.Christie, G.Naylor (L.King), S.Coleman, U.Akilu, K.Battersby, T.Miles, M.Frayne (R.Nelson), M.Cox, A.Cawsey (capt) (R.Latapy), D.Mastrogiannis

Booked: U.Akilu, M.Frayne 

The win over Germany sees them relegated to Division B of the European league.
I was also informed that M.Frayne will miss the next competitive game after picking up his second yellow card

October 16th:
The World Rankings sees us remain in 5th place with Italy remaining top. The most improved nation is Rwanda who moved from 152nd to 127th

November 7th: 
It was time for me to pick the squad for the friendly against Argentina (4) and the European International League game against Holland (3). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:

Defender:
Ben Wagstaff (Chelsea), Neil Christie (Arsenal), Lee King (Man.Utd), Uche Akilu (Man.Utd), Niall Arnold (Derby), Stuart Coleman (Liverpool), Gavin Naylor (Arsenal), Matt Harris (Man.Utd), Jon Speed (Middlesbrough)

Midfielders:
Tom Miles (Crystal Palace), Michael Frayne (Man.City), Mark Hunter (Southampton), Kevin Battersby (Arsenal), Matt Cox (Everton), Reiss Nelson (Liverpool), Jack Melham (Arsenal)

Attackers:

November 13th: 
The World Rankings sees us dropping a place to 6th with Italy still top. The most improved nation is Latvia who have gone from 80th to 60th

November 13th:
Argentina (H) (Wembley, London) Friendly
We now faced a home friendly against old rival Argentina and neither my side or the opposition made any headway into the attacking area. The first chance of the game was on the 38th minute as a powerful strike by R.Nelson tested the keeper but it was in truth a tame shot.
The second half wasn't much better with the play again centered in the middle third of the pitch. It was Argentina though who had the first real effort of the half as they broke through my defence and fired wide of the post when it was easier to score. That was unfortunately it for the rest of the game and after the hype of the game it was nothing more than a damp squid

England 0-0 Argentina

J.Brennan (C.Farmer), N.Christie, G.Naylor, S.Coleman (M.Cox), U.Akliu (capt), K.Battersby, T.Miles (A.Cawsey), M.Frayne, R.Nelson (L.King), R.Latapy (D.Mastrogiannis), N.Nakchamnarn (M.Hunter)

Booked: N.Christie, M.Frayne

Thankyou sir, was enjoyable 

November 19th:
Holland (Amsterdam ArenA, Amsterdam) European League Div. A Grp 4 (4/4)
The final group game of the European League sees us facing Holland with the chance to take top spot. We made a cracking start as we broke into the area on the 3rd minute and N.Nakchamnarn fired a powerful strike under the Dutch keeper after running onto a M.Cox through-ball. However twelve minutes later Holland had the chance to score from the spot after G.Naylor fouled in the area, luckily for us M.Nieuwenburg fired his penalty wide of the post after sending J.Brennan the wrong way. On the 28th minute Holland had another chance with some woeful defending seeing their attackers clear on goal however J.Brennan saved the day again. With eight minutes remaining in the half though Holland got the equaliser they deserved with a well struck effort from M.Nieuwenburg to make up for his earlier penalty miss.
The second half was mainly Holland as they piled on the pressure and just after the hour mark J.Brennan performed a World Class save to deny the Dutch attack force after yet again my defence fell asleep. We were being outplayed in virtually every inch of the pitch however on the 82nd minute a lumped ball upfield by J.Brennan saw R.Latapy half volleying past the Dutch keeper to give us all three points and top spot. More importantly we earn't a semi final spot

Holland 1-2 England M.Nieuwenburg 37 / N.Nakchamnarn 3, R.Latapy 82

J.Brennan, N.Christie (L.King), G.Naylor, S.Coleman, U.Akliu (capt), K.Battersby (M.Hunter), T.Miles (D.Mastrogiannis), M.Cox, R.Nelson, R.Latapy, N.Nakchamnarn

The win means we have qualified for the Semi Final stage of the competition.

December 3rd:
The draw for the European International League Semi Finals have taken place and we have been drawn against Italy. The other tie sees Portugal facing France

December 18th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have moved back up to 5th place with Italy still top. The most improved nation is Eq.Guinea who have rose from 103rd to 78th

December 22nd:
The draw for the European Championship Qualifying Groups have taken place and is as followed:
Group A: Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Gibraltar, Luxembourg
Group B: Austria, Estonia, Holland, San Marino, Slovenia, Ukraine
Group C: Cyprus, Denmark, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Spain
Group D: Azerbaijan, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Sweden
Group E: Finland, FYR Macedonia, Norway, Romania, Switzerland
Group F: Armenia, Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, Poland
Group G: Andorra, England, Greece, Russia, Slovakia
Group H: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, France, Ireland, Montenegro
Group I: Belgium, Iceland, Latvia, N.Ireland, Turkey
Group J: Belarus, Malta, Moldova, Portugal, Serbia

February 12th 2031:
The World Rankings have been released and we remain in 5th place with Italy top. The most improved nation is Iran who moved from 70th to 44th

March 12th:
The World Rankings have been released and we remain in 5th place with Italy top. The most improved nation is Eq.Guinea who moved from 83rd to 72nd

March 21st:
Its now time for me to choose the squad for the qualifying games against Greece (41) and Slovakia (61). The squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:

Defender:

Midfielders:
Tom Miles (Crystal Palace), Michael Frayne (Man.City), Mark Hunter (Southampton), Kevin Battersby (Arsenal), Jack Melham (Arsenal), Matt Cox (Everton), Reiss Nelson (Liverpool)

Attackers:
Ashley Cawsey (Everton), David Brown (Real Madrid), Rafer Latapy (West Brom), Narong Nakchamnarn (Arsenal)

March 28th:
Greece (Georgios Karalskakis, Piraeus) Euro Qual Grp G (1/8)
The first game of the qualifying campaign and it was Greece who scored the first goal as on the 18th minute S.Maniatogiou managed to put a R.Latapy cross past his own keeper for an own goal. Ten minutes later we had another chance to score with a powerful strike from R.Nelson which saw the Greek keeper at full stretch to save. Just before the break we had yet another chance to score as R.Latapy jinked into the area and tried his luck from close range but the Greek keeper again saved the day with a World class save.
The second half was much the same with my side piling on the pressure and on the 53rd minute we came close again with a low shot from M.Hunter which rattled in off the upright. Eleven minutes later we finally got the goal we deserved as N.Nakchamnarn rose above the defence and headed a K.Battersby cross past the keeper. On the 74th minute though we nearly let ourselves down as Greece piled forward but J.Brennan saved well to deny them. With seven minutes remaining in the game we came close again with M.Cox crossing into the are but R.Latapy failed to direct his header towards goal.

Greece 0-2 England S.Maniatogiou og 18, N.Nakchamnarn 64

J.Brennan, B.Wagstaff, G.Naylor, S.Coleman, U.Akilu (capt), K.Battersby, T.Miles (M.Cox), M.Frayne, R.Nelson (M.Hunter), R.Latapy, N.Nakchamnarn (A.Cawsey)

Other Grp G Result: Andorra 0-2 Russia

March 31st:
Slovakia (Wembley, London) Euro Qual Grp G (2/8)
A great start saw us a goal up on the 3rd minute as G.Naylor sliced a cross into the area over the Slovakian keeper and into the back of the net for a flukey goal. Ten minutes later we had another chance with N.Nakchamnarn jinking into the area with the ball and firing a powerful shot just wide of the keeper and post. On the half hour we came close again with R.Nelson striking the post from ten yards when it was easier to score. With nine minutes remaining in the half we finally got goal number two with N.Nakchamnarn rising above the defence and headed a T.Miles cross into the back of the net.
The second half was much the same and twelve minutes into the game we added a third goal as R.Latapy ran in from the wing and unleashed a powerful strike into the top corner of the goal. On the 69th minute we our next chance as N.Nakchamnarn ran through the defence onto a R.Nelson pass and fired into the keepers arms when it was easier to score . With three minutes remaining in the game R.Nelson came close himself with a curling effort which beat the keeper but didn't curl enough to avoid the post.

England 3-0 Slovakia G.Naylor 3, N.Nakchamnarn 36, R.Latapy 57

J.Brennan, B.Wagstaff, G.Naylor, S.Coleman (M.Cox), U.Akilu (capt), K.Battersby, T.Miles, M.Frayne, (M.Hunter) R.Nelson, R.Latapy (A.Cawsey), N.Nakchamnarn

Other Grp G Result: Russia 2-0 Greece

After the first two games of the group stage we are top with maximum points and a better goal difference over Russia who also have the full quota of points. The rest of the group have scored no points

May 14th:
The World Rankings have seen us remaining in 5th place with Italy top. The most improved nation is British Virgin Is. Who rose from 164th to 136th

June 4th:
Its now time for me to pick the squad for the European International League Semi Final game against Italy (1). The squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:
Ben Wagstaff (Chelsea), Neil Christie (Arsenal), Lee King (Man.Utd), Niall Arnold (Derby), Stuart Coleman (Liverpool), Gavin Naylor (Arsenal), Matt Harris (Man.Utd), Jon Speed (Middlesbrough), Nigel Wright (Cardiff)

Midfielders:
Tom Miles (Crystal Palace), Michael Frayne (Man.City), Mark Hunter (Southampton), Kevin Battersby (Arsenal), Jack Melham (Arsenal), Matt Cox (Everton), Reiss Nelson (Liverpool)

Attackers:
Ashley Cawsey (Everton), David Brown (Real Madrid), Rafer Latapy (West Brom), D.Mastrogiannis (Arsenal), Narong Nakchamnarn (Arsenal)

June 13th:
Italy (Olimpico, Rome) International League Semi Final
A terrible start saw us a goal down within eight minutes as A.Isla ran past my defence with ease and fired under J.Brennan. Soon after they had another shot with a long range effort which rattled the crossbar and was cleared by my defence. However on the 25th minute Italy scored a second goal with a well struck effort which left J.Brennan flapping at. Three minutes later though we responded with J.Speed rising above the defence and heading a R.Nelson corner past the Italian keeper. Just before the break Italy had the chance to regain their two goal lead with a low shot which B.Wagstaff managed to divert wide of the post.
The second half was four minutes old when we grabbed the equaliser as S.Coleman hit a powerful strike towards goal and it beat the Italian keeper at his near post. Just after the hour mark we had another chance to score as D.Mastrogiannis curled the ball towards goal from the edge of the area but it clipped the outside of the upright and  went out. We were starting to control the game and on the 78th minute we grabbed the winner as K.Battersby headed in from a T.Miles cross to send us through to the International League Final

Italy 2-3 England A.Isla 8, F.Mora 25 / J.Speed 28, S.Coleman 49, K.Battersby 78

J.Brennan, B.Wagstaff, G.Naylor, J.Speed, S.Coleman, N.Wright (H.Arnold), K.Battersby (capt), T.Miles, R.Nelson (M.Frayne), R.Latapy (A.Cawsey), D.Mastrogiannis

After the game I was informed that we will be playing Portugal in the International League Final which is to be played on the 17th June

June 16th:
Whilst preparing for the International final I have been approached by AS Monaco with the offer of taking over the club as manager. I have turned it down this time as I want to concentrate on the England job

June 17th:
Portugal (Wembley, London) International League Final
So here it is my chance to put my name in English folk lore and win a trophy for the Three Lions.
The opening  few minutes were pretty tense with a lot of play in the centre of the field. On the 23rd minute the first  chance occurred as T.Miles threaded the ball to the feet of R.Latapy who unleashed a powerful effort towards goal but the ball went just wide of the post. Six minutes later we had another chance with a low shot from N.Wright which was saved by A.Costa. On the 37th minute Portugal had their first chance of the game as B.Santos tried his luck from outside the area with a shot that stung the fingers of J.Brennan.
The second half was ten minutes old when Portugal had another chance to score as L.Menezes saw J.Brennan off his line and tried a cheeky lob but his effort bounced off the top of the net. Just after the hour mark we came close with what should've been a simple tap in from A.Cawsey but he screwed the shot wide of the post. On the 67th minute the breakthrough finally came as D.Mastrogiannis hit home from ten yards after running onto a M.Frayne through-ball. Eight minutes later Portugal had a clear cut chance to score from the penalty spot after B.Wagstaff fouled D.Renaldo in the area, D.Flores stepped up and fired the penalty towards goal but J.Brennan saved the shot brilliantly to deny them. With four minutes remaining in the game we had one last chance to score as A.Cawsey headed a M.Frayne cross towards goal but A.Costa managed to tip the ball round the post.. 

England 1-0 Portugal D.Mastrogiannis 67

England: J.Brennan, B.Wagstaff, G.Naylor, J.Speed (L.King), S.Coleman, N.Wright, K.Battersby (capt), T.Miles, R.Nelson (M.Frayne), R.Latapy (A.Cawsey), D.Mastrogiannis

Portugal: A.Costa, D.Costa (capt), H.Godinho, M.Leal, H.Moreira, R.Sanches, E.Carvalho (D.Renaldo), B.Santos, U.Silva, L.Menezes (D.Flores), P.Saralva (J.Costra)

Booked: K.Battersby, D.Mastrogiannis, B.Wagstaff

Season Sixteen: 2031/32
July 7th:
I have been contacted by the Chairman of Paris Saint-Germain with a view of taking over the club however even though it was damn tempting I decided to see just how far I could take this England side

August 27th:
The World Ranking have been released and we remain 3rd with Brazil top of the pile. The most improved nation is Costa Rica who moved from 81st to 61st.
I have also been asked to pick the squad for the Euro 32 qualifying games against Russia (33) and Andorra (205)
The squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:
Josh Brennan (Man.Utd), Scott Ryder (Man.Utd), Alex Shaw (West Brom)

Defenders:
Neil Christie (Arsenal), Lee King (Man.Utd), Uche Akliu (Man.Utd), Niall Arnold (Arsenal), Jason McNally (Leicester), Stuart Coleman (Liverpool), Gavin Naylor (Arsenal), Matt Harris (Sunderland), Alex Farrar (Rangers)

Midfielders:
Michael Frayne (Man.City), Norman Farmer (Leicester), Kevin Battersby (Arsenal), Paul Parkinson (Man.Utd), Matthew Morgan (Sunderland), Matt Cox (Everton), Michael Adams (Crystal Palace), James Howes (Newcastle)

Attackers:
David Brown (R.Madrid), Dimitris Mastrogiannis (Arsenal), Rafer Latapy (Leicester)

September 5th:
Russia (Luzhniki, Moscow) Euro 2032 Qualifier Group G (3/8)
We didn't play well at all and on the 18th minute we had the referee to thank for ruling a goal out for a foul on A.Farrar. Ten minutes later we came close to losing another goal as a poorly timed pass by M.Harris was intercepted but the final strike was as poor as the pass. Just after the half hour Russia came close to opening the score with a long range effort which was acrobatically tipped over the crossbar by A.Shaw. With five minutes remaining in the half  Russia grabbed the lead they deserved as D.Sergeev jinked through the area and fired under A.Shaw who was too slow to get down and save.
The second half was much the same with a lot of forward pressure by Russia and on the 57th minute A.Shaw saved well to deny them the chance of scoring. Twelve minutes later we finally got our first chance of the game with D.Brown threading the ball to the feet of R.Latapy but the end result went just wide of the post. With twelve minutes remaining in the game Russia came close to a second goal with a powerful strike which stung the fingers of my keeper. On the 84th minute though we grabbed an undeserved equaliser as D.Brown fired in a N.Christie long ball past the Russian keeper to give us a share of the points. 

Russia 1-1 England D.Sergeev 40 / D.Brown 84

A.Shaw, N.Christie (capt), A.Farrar (G.Naylor), M.Harris, U.Akilu, K.Battersby, M.Frayne, J.Howes (M.Cox), M.Adams (D.Mastrogiannis), D.Brown, R.Latapy

Other Group G Result: 
Andorra 0-2 Slovakia

September 8th:
Andorra (Wembley, London) Euro 2032 Qualifier Group G (4/8)
As expected we battered the opposition and on the 11th minute we took the lead as D.Brown ran into the area with real ease and fired with pace past the keeper. Six minutes later we made it two nil with R.Latapy heading a J.Howes cross into the top corner of the net. It was getting too easy for my players as we controlled all the play and on the 38th minute D.Brown scored his second of the game and my sides third.
The second half was much the same with my players dominating and seven minutes in we were awarded a penalty after K.Battersby's effort was handled by a defender in the area, D.Brown stepped up and fired in for his hat-trick. It was turning into a training match and on the 71st minute D.Mastrogiannis grabbed our next goal with a fine strike from outside the area. Their was one more goal in the game as with four minutes remaining in the game F.Monterio diverted a D.Brown shot past his own keeper to give us a six nil victory

England 6-0 Andorra D.Brown 11, 38, 52 pen, R.Latapy 17, D.Mastrogiannis 71, F.Monteiro 86 og

A.Shaw, N.Christie (capt), A.Farrar (G.Naylor), M.Harris, U.Akilu, K.Battersby, M.Frayne (M.Morgan), J.Howes, M.Adams, D.Brown, R.Latapy (D.Mastrogiannis)

Other Group G Result:
Slovakia 0-2 Greece

September 17th: 
The World Rankings sees us drop down to 4th with Brazil still top. The most improved nation is FYR Macedonia who moved from 160th to 112th

October 3rd:
Its now time for me to pick the squad for the Euro qualifiers against Greece (43) and Slovakia (70). The squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:
Scott Ryder (Man.Utd), Reece Kelly (Southampton), Alex Shaw (West Brom)

Defenders:
Neil Christie (Arsenal), Lee King (Man.Utd), Uche Akliu (Man.Utd), Niall Arnold (Arsenal), Jason McNally (Leicester), Stuart Coleman (Liverpool), Gavin Naylor (Arsenal), Matt Harris (Sunderland), Alex Farrar (Rangers)

Midfielders:
Michael Frayne (Man.City), Norman Farmer (Leicester), Kevin Battersby (Arsenal), Paul Parkinson (Man.Utd), Matthew Morgan (Sunderland), Michael Adams (Crystal Palace), James Howes (Newcastle)

Attackers:
David Brown (R.Madrid), Dimitris Mastrogiannis (Arsenal), Rafer Latapy (Leicester), Narong Nakchamnarn (Arsenal)

October 10th:
Greece (Wembley, London) Euro 2032 Qualifier Group G (5/8)
Eight minutes into the game we took the lead as D.Mastrogiannis ran onto a M.Frayne through-ball and fired with pace and power past the outstretched arms of the keeper. On the 19th minute we came close to adding a second goal with a curling effort from D.Brown which beat the keeper but not the upright. Twelve minutes later we had a goal ruled out for offside as M.Adams mistimed his run,
The second half was four minutes old when we got the second goal we deserved as D.Mastrogiannis headed in his second of the game from a K.Battersby cross. On the 56th minute we added another goal with M.Harris sprinting in from the wing and firing a powerful strike into the top corner to give the keeper no chance of saving. We carried on the forward pressure with Greece offering little back. We however only managed to one shot of meaning as D.Mastrogiannis missed his chance of the hat-trick with a poorly hit final shot on the 83rd minute which went closer to the corner flag than goal.

England 3-0 Greece D.Mastrogiannis 8, 49, M.Harris 56

A.Shaw, N.Christie (capt), A.Farrar (G.Naylor), M.Harris, U.Akilu, K.Battersby, M.Frayne (P.Parkinson), J.Howes (N.Farmer ), M.Adams, D.Brown, D.Mastrogiannis

October 13th:
Slovakia (City Arena – stadion Antona Malatinskeho, Trnava) Euro 2032 Qualifier Group G (6/8)
Not a great start to the game as we failed to get going and on the 18th minute we went a goal down as J.Danko jinked into the area with ease and fired under A.Shaw. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a powerful strike which saw A.Farrar diverting wide of the post. Just after the half hour we had our first chance of the game with D.Brown rattling the upright from close range.
The second half was a lot better as my players reacted to my words and on the 49th minute we had the chance to score with a long range effort from D.Mastrogiannis which saw the Slovakian keeper at full stretch to save. Nine minutes later we grabbed the equaliser with K.Battersby running through the defence with ease and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. On the 75th minute we had another chance to score with D.Mastrogiannis running in from the wing and crossing onto the head of D.Brown who headed just wide of the post. With two minutes remaining in the game Slovakia rattling the crossbar from close range when it was easier to score

Slovakia 1-1 England J.Danko 18 / K.Battersby 58

A.Shaw, N.Christie (capt) (L.King), A.Farrar, M.Harris (G.Naylor), U.Akilu, K.Battersby, J.Howes (N.Farmer), M.Frayne, M.Adams, D.Brown, D.Mastrogiannis

Other Group G Result:
Greece 1-2 Russia

October 15th: 
The World Rankings have been released and we remain in 4th place with Italy moving up to top spot. The most improved nation is Chad who moved from 160th to 119th

November 7th:
It is now time for me to choose the squad for the Euro Qualifying double header against Russia (28) and Andorra (207). The squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers:
Josh Brennan (Man Utd), Scott Ryder (Man Utd), Alex Shaw (West Brom)

Defenders:
Neil Christie (Arsenal), Lee King (Man Utd), Uche Akilu (Man Utd), Niall Arnold (Arsenal), Jason McNally (Leicester), Stuart Coleman (Liverpool), Gavin Naylor (Arsenal), Matt Harris (Sunderland), Alex Farrar (Rangers)

Midfielders:
Will Barrett (Newcastle), Michael Frayne (Man City), Norman Farmer (Leicester), Kevin Battersby (Arsenal), Matt Cox (Everton), Michael Adams (Crystal Palace)

Attackers:
David Brown (Real Madrid), Dimitris Mastrogiannis (Arsenal), Russ Hughes (Reading), Rafer Latapy (Leicester), Narong Nakchamnarn (Arsenal)

November 12th:
The World Rankings have been released and we remain in 4th spot with Italy top. The most improved nation is Ethiopia who rose from 131st to 148th

November 14th:
Russia (Wembley, London) Euro 2032 Qualifier Grp G (7/8)
The penultimate game in the qualifiers and we started the better as on the 12th minute R.Hughes rattled the ball off the crossbar however noone was their to follow it up and fire into the net. Six minutes later we had another chance with a long range effort from D.Mastrogiannis which had the Russian keeper at full stretch to save. We were in control of the game and on the 27th minute we had another chance to score with R.Hughes again coming close from ten yards but his effort was cleared off the line. Just before the break Russia had a chance as they broke into the area with far too much ease but S.Ryder was alert enough to save the ball.
The second half was much the same as we continued the forward pressure and just before the hour mark we came close to opening the scoring but R.Hughes failed to hit the target again. On the 73rd minute it was K.Battersby's chance to score as he tried his luck from 30 yards but the Russian keeper was on hand to block the effort. With three minutes remaining in the game we were punished for our lack of finishing as V.Grishin slotted in from close range to give Russia the three points

England 0-1 Russia  V.Grishin 87

S.Ryder, N.Christie (capt), M.Harris (G.Naylor), S.Coleman, U.Akilu, K.Battersby, N.Farmer, W.Barrett (M.Frayne), M.Adams, R.Hughes (D.Brown), D.Mastrogiannis

Other Group G Result: 
Slovakia 4-0 Andorra

November 17th:
Andorra, Euro 2032 Qualifier Grp G (8/8)
The final game of the campaign and we started with a goal within the first nine minutes as K.Battersby hit a wonderful free-kick into the top corner after R.Hughes was brought down on the way to goal. However after the early goal we seemed to sit back and relax too much. It took till the 37th minute for us to have a shot of any meaning as D.Mastrogiannis played a one two with W.Barrett but his final effort was pretty dire and went wide of the post.
The second half was alittle better and on the 57th minute we grabbed a second goal with D.Mastrogiannis heading in a M.Adams cross. Ten minutes later we had another chance with D.Mastrogiannis beating the offside trap but his final shot went high and wide past the goal. We carried on the pressure and we finally made the breakthrough on the 89th minute as D.Mastrogiannis grabbed his second of the game with a powerful strike from just outside the area beat the keeper. A good win but in truth we should've scored a hell of a lot more

Andorra 0-3 England K.Battersby 9, D.Mastrogiannis 57, 89

S.Ryder, N.Christie (capt), M.Harris, S.Coleman, U.Akilu, K.Battersby, N.Farmer, W.Barrett, M.Adams, R.Hughes, D.Mastrogiannis

Other Group G Result:
Greece 1-1 Slovakia

With the win we have qualified for the 2032 European Championships.
The group finished with Russia (20pts), England (17), Greece (10), Slovakia (9), Andorra (0)

December 14th:
I have been approached by Liverpool in a view to take over, however I refused to take the job as I wanted to concentrate on getting England as far as possible in the European Championships

December 17th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have dropped down to 6th place with Italy still top. The most improved nation as Eq. Guinea who rose from 126th to 85th

March 17th 2032:
The World Rankings sees us drop down to 8th with Italy top. The most improved nation is Curacao who rose from 136th to 124th. I haven't done the ranking up till now as we remained in 6th up till now and Italy were still top.

March 20th:
It was now time for me to pick the squad for the friendly against Belgium (10), the squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Craig Farmer (Tottenham), Freddie Sands (Stoke), Josh Brennan (Man Utd)

Defenders:
Neil Christie (Arsenal), Lee King (Man Utd), Niall Arnold (Arsenal), Keith Moss (Southampton), Stuart Coleman (Liverpool), Gavin Naylor (Arsenal), Ian Dowling (Stade Melherbe Caen), Matt Harris (Sunderland)

Midfielders:
Will Barrett (Newcastle), Michael Fitzgerald (Hull), Bernard Swift (Watford), Barry Platt (West Brom), Norman Farmer (Leicester), Kevin Battersby (Arsenal), Matt Cox (Everton), Michael Adams (Crystal Palace)

Attackers:
Ashley Cawsey (Everton), David Brown (Real Madrid), Rafer Latapy (Leicester), Robert Little (Middlesbrough)

March 26th:
Belgium (Wembley, London) Friendly
We got off to a good start as on the 11th minute we took the lead with N.Farmer showing some excellent skill to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing past the Belgian keeper,. Ten minutes later we had another chance with a thunderous effort from outside the area which the keeper saved brilliantly to deny. On the 26th minute we were awarded a penalty as N.Farmer was brought down in the area after another mazy run, D.Brown stepped up for the penalty but managed to fire wide of the post after sending the keeper the wrong way. Just before the half time interval D.Brown had the chance to redeem himself but his final effort after a great team move went well wide of the post.
The second half started with Belgium coming close ten yards after my defence seemed to be half asleep but luckily for them J.Brennan was awake enough to stop the shot. Belgium carried on the pressure and on the 67th minute they were awarded a penalty after a handball by M.Harris, B.Vranckx stepped up and fired towards goal but J.Brennan blocked the effort. Twelve minutes later we had first chance of the half with R.Little hitting the crossbar from outside the area after the Belgian defence seemed to fall asleep. On the stroke of full time we had our final chance with D.Brown again rattling the post when it was easier to score.

England 1-0 Belgium N.Farmer 11 

J.Brennan, L.King, G.Naylor (I.Dowling), S.Coleman (M.Harris), N.Arnold, N.Farmer, W.Barrett (B.Swift), B.Platt, M.Cox (M.Adams), R.Latapy (R.Little), D.Brown (capt)

I love that it's 2032 and there are players named Norman Farmer and Bernard Swift in the England squad. Only in Football Manager do names like Norman, Bernard, Nigel and Clive experience a 21st-century renaissance. :D

April 10th:
The draw for the European Football Championship 2032 has taken place and is as follows:-

Group A: Albania, Czech Republic, Italy, Turkey
Group B: Denmark, Holland, Romania, Scotland
Group C: Croatia, Hungary, Portugal, Switzerland
Group D: Belgium, Slovakia, Spain, Ukraine
Group E: England, France, Russia, Sweden
Group F: Germany, N.Ireland, Serbia, Wales

April 14th:
The World Rankings have been released and we remain in 8th place with Italy top. The most improved nation is Hungary as they moved up from 101st to 62nd

May 12th:
I have been asked to pick the preliminary  thirty man squad for the forthcoming Euro 2032. I will get around a week to assess them and pick my final twenty three. The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:
Neil Christie (Arsenal), Lee King (Man Utd), Uche Akilu (Man Utd), Niall Arnold (Arsenal), Stuart Coleman (Liverpool), Danny Smith (Tottenham), Gavin Naylor (Arsenal), Paul Evans  (Hull), Matt Harris (Sunderland), Alex Farrar (Rangers)

Midfielders:
Will Barrett (Newcastle), Michael Frayne (Man City), Bernard Swift (Watford), Norman Farmer (Leicester), Kevin Battersby (Arsenal), Matthew Morgan (Sunderland), Matt Cox (Everton), Robbie Barnett (Middlesbrough), Michael Adams (Crystal Palace), James Howes (Newcastle), Tom Angus (QPR), Ronnie Brooks (Watford)

Attackers:
Jonathan Springer (Brighton), David Brown (Real Madrid), Dimitris Mastrogiannis (Arsenal), Russ Hughes (Reading), Rafer Latapy (Leicester)

May 12th:
I've had twelve days to decide who will be in the final twenty three for the European Championship 2032.
The final squad is as follows: -

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:
Neil Christie (Arsenal), Lee King (Man Utd), Uche Akilu (Man Utd), Niall Arnold (Arsenal), Stuart Coleman (Liverpool), Danny Smith (Tottenham), Gavin Naylor (Arsenal), Matt Harris (Sunderland)

Midfielders:
Michael Frayne (Man City), Norman Farmer (Leicester), Kevin Battersby (Arsenal), Matthew Morgan (Sunderland), Robbie Barnett (Middlesbrough), Michael Adams (Crystal Palace), James Howes (Newcastle), Ronnie Brooks (Watford)

Attackers:
Jonathan Springer (Brighton), David Brown (Real Madrid), Dimitris Mastrogiannis (Arsenal), Rafer Latapy (Leicester)

May 28th:
The draw for our defence of the European International League Division A has taken place and is as follows:-
Group 1: Portugal, Scotland, Turkey
Group 2: England, Serbia, Spain
Group 3: Belgium, Croatia, Italy
Group 4: Oooppppssss forgot to screenshot this group

May 31st: 
Holland (Wembley, London) Friendly
The start of the game was pretty dire with little in the way of action. The first piece of action happened on the 37th minute as J.Howes curled the ball into the area but D.Brown headed straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score.
The second half wasn't much better with some dire play but it was Holland who came close first with a powerful strike which stung the fingers of J.Brennan. With eleven minutes remaining in the game Holland got the winner as  R.Zimmerman fired in under J.Brennan. In truth if we play like that in the Euro's we will get hammered

England 0-1 Holland R.Zimmerman 79

S.Ryder (J.Brennan), L.King, M.Harris, G.Naylor, N.Arnold (U.Akilu), M.Morgan (N.Farmer), M.Frayne, J.Howes (M.Cox), R.Barnett (K.Battersby), D.Brown, R.Latapy (D.Mastrogiannis)

June 1st:
Authors Notes: After looking at the Premier Division Table I was highly amused by the screenshot I will put in the Community Thread @salkster2102

June 4th:
Wales (Wembley, London) Friendly
A great start to the game saw us go a goal up within four minutes as D.Mastrogiannis headed in a M.Frayne cross. Twelve minutes later we grabbed a second goal with D.Mastrogiannis hitting home from just outside the area after the Welsh defence seemed to fall asleep. We were all over the Welsh side and on the 21st minute D.Mastrogiannis completed his hat-trick with a low shot from ten yards after running onto a M.Cox through-ball. Seven minutes later we made it 4-0 with D.Brown rounding the keeper and sliding the ball into the empty net.
The second half though was damn poor by my side as we failed to get going and twelve minutes into the half L.Davies pulled a goal back for the Welsh. On the 59th minute it was 4-2 with L.Edwards making a mockery of the defence and wasted no time in hitting the ball home. We were being outplayed and on the 75th minute they had another chance with a thunderous effort which J.Brennan failed to get close to. There was one last chance for the Welsh to score as they beat the offside trap again but J.Brennan was on had to save the effort. A pathetic second half

England 4-2 Wales D.Mastrogiannis 4, 16, 21, D.Brown 28 / L.Davies 57, L.Edwards 59

J.Brennan, L.King (N.Christie), G.Naylor, M.Harris (S.Coleman), U.Akilu, K.Battersby (M.Morgan), N.Farmer (R.Brooks), M.Frayne, M.Cox, D.Mastrogiannis, D.Brown

June 7th:
Scotland (Hampden Park, Glasgow) Friendly
Ten minutes into the game I was forced into a change as R.Barnett came on for the injured M.Cox. On the 29th minute we had the first chance of the game as R.Latapy beat the offside trap and fired with pace past the keeper but not the upright. With ten minutes remaining in the half we had another chance as D.Brown rose above the defence and headed a D.Mastrogiannis cross wide of the post.
The second half was mainly dominated by my side and on the 54th minute we had another chance to score with D.Brown running through the defence but his final effort was pretty dire and it went high and wide. Nine minutes later M.Morgan had his chance to break the deadlock but his shot went wide of the post. On the 73rd minute we conceded a silly goal as poor pass out by D.Smith was intercepted and S.Reid fired with pace past the outstretched arm of J.Brennan. Luckily for us with eight minutes remaining in the game we equalised as D.Brown fired in from the penalty spot after J.Springer fell over in the area.

Scotland 1-1 England S.Reid 73 / D.Brown 82 pen

J.Brennan, L.King (N.Christie), G.Naylor, S.Coleman (D.Smith), U.Akilu, K.Battersby, D.Mastrogiannis (M.Morgan), M.Frayne (R.Brooks), M.Cox (inj 10 – R.Barnett), R.Latapy (J.Springer), D.Brown

The news on Matt Cox's injury isnt good as he tore a hamstring and will be out for around two months. I have called in 24yr old Michael Adams from Crystal Palace.

June 11th: European Football Championship 2032

Group A: Albania 0-4 Italy

June 12th: 
Group A: Turkey 2-0 Czech Republic
Group B: Holland 1-0 Scotland, Romania 2-1 Denmark

June 13th:
Group C: Switzerland 2-0 Hungary, Croatia 1-1 Portugal
Group D: Spain 1-3 Belgium

June 14th:
Russia (Celtic Park, Glasgow) Group E (1/3)
We were by far the better side as we started our European campaign and on the 9th minute we had the first chance to score with a long range effort from R.Latapy which rattled the crossbar. Twelve minutes later we came close to getting the opener as D.Brown rounded the keeper but somehow managed to fire wide of the post. Just before the half hour we had yet another chance as D.Brown ran onto a M.Frayne through-ball but the keeper saved brilliantly to deny him. On the 33rd minute we finally got the goal we deserved with a thunderous volley from K.Battersby's cross to send us into the break a goal up.
The second half was much the same as we carried on the pressure and on the hour mark we had another clear cut chance with what should have been a simple tap in but M.Adams managed to fluff the ball over the crossbar. On the 73rd minute Russia finally had their first chance as they broke my defence down and fired with power towards goal but J.Brennan was alert enough to block the shot. Eight minutes later we had yet another chance as M.Adams ran onto a D.Brown through-ball but his effort went stupidly wide of the post. Deep into injury time we let ourselves down as D.Sergeev ran through the defence with ease and fired under J.Brennan to give Russia an undeserved point.

England 1-1 Russia D.Brown 33 / D.Sergeev 90+3

J.Brennan, L.King, G.Naylor, S.Coleman, U Akilu, K.Battersby, D.Mastrogiannis, M.Frayne (M.Morgan), R.Barnett (N.Farmer), R.Latapy (M.Adams), D.Brown

Booked: G.Naylor, M.Frayne, N.Farmer, U.Akilu

Group D: Slovakia 1-2 Ukraine
Group E: Sweden 2-3 France

June 15th:
N.Ireland 1-5 Serbia, Wales 0-4 Germany

June 16th:
Group A: Czech Republic 3-2 Albania, Italy 0-2 Turkey
Group B: Scotland 1-3 Romania

June 17th:
Group B: Denmark 1-1 Holland
Group C: Portugal 0-1 Switzerland, Hungary 2-1 Croatia

June 18th:
Group D: Belgium 1-0 Slovakia, Ukraine 0-3 Spain
Group E: Russia 3-2 Sweden

June 19th:
France (Bridgend Community Arena, Bridgend) Group E (2/3)
A tight first half saw little in the way of attacking football with the only real effort coming in the 38th minute as France broke down my defence with ease but the final effort went wide of J.Brennan's post.
The second half was alittle more forward and on the 58th minute with our first real attack we scored as N.Farmer ploughed his way in from the wing and unleashed a thunderbolt into the top corner. It got even better for us as six minutes later we grabbed a second goal with K.Battersby rattling the ball in off the crossbar after beating the defence to a looping ball over the top from J.Brennan. The second goal woke France and they started to pile on the pressure and on the 79th minute they had a goal ruled out for a foul on G.Naylor. On the stroke of full time they had another chance with a curling effort which stung the fingers of J.Brennan. I was satisfied with the win but felt we didn't show enough in the first half.

England 2-0 France N.Farmer 58, K.Battersby 64

J.Brennan, L.King (N.Christie), G.Naylor, S.Coleman, U Akilu, K.Battersby, N.Farmer, M.Frayne, R.Barnett (M.Adams), R.Latapy (J.Springer), D.Mastrogiannis

Group F: Serbia 3-2 Wales, Germany 3-1 N.Ireland

June 20th:
Group A: Albania 1-1 Turkey, Italy 3-0 Czech Republic

June 21st:
Group B: Holland 1-0 Romania, Scotland 3-1 Denmark

June 23rd:
Sweden (Wrexham Community Stadium, Wrexham) Group E (3/3)
Again the first half was a demonstration of how not to play football. Both my side and the Swedish side showed how not to pass the ball and there wasn't a single effort on goal throughout the first forty five minutes.
The second half wasn't much better with some poor play by both sides, however this half their was some attacking football as such. On the 67th minute Sweden broke through the defence but like the rest of the matches play the effort was dire and went wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had the chance to score with a curling cross into the area by K.Battersby but D.Mastrogiannis headed straight into the keepers hands. With two minutes remaining in the game we got the winner as M.Adams headed a J.Howes cross past the Swedish keeper to give us a flattering three points

England 1-0 Sweden M.Adams 88

J.Brennan, N.Christie, G.Naylor (M.Harris), S.Coleman, U Akilu, K.Battersby, N.Farmer (J.Howes), M.Frayne (M.Adams), R.Barnett, R.Latapy, D.Mastrogiannis

Group E: Russia 0-3 France
Group F: N.Ireland 1-5 Wales, Serbia 1-1 Germany

European Football Championships 2032 Final Group Tables
Group A: Turkey (7), Italy (6), Czech Republic (3), Albania (1)
Group B: Holland (7), Romania (6), Scotland (3), Denmark
Group C: Switzerland (9), Hungary (4), Portugal (2), Croatia (1)
Group D: Spain (6), Belgium (6), Ukraine (6), Slovakia (0)
Group E: England (7), France (6), Russia (4), Sweden (0)
Group F: Germany (7), Serbia (7), Wales (3), N.Ireland (0)

European Football Championship 2032 Second Round:
Italy v Hungary
Ukraine v Holland
Scotland v Spain
Turkey v Russia
Wales v Switzerland
France v Germany
England v Belgium
Romania v Serbia

June 26th:
Romania 0-1 Serbia
Italy 2-0 Hungary
Ukraine 1-4 Holland

June 27th:
Scotland 0-1 Spain
Turkey 1-0 Russia
Wales 0-4 Switzerland

June 28th:
Belgium (Wrexham Community Stadium, Wrexham) Euro 2032 2nd Rd
We got off to a great start against Belgium with D.Mastrogiannis jinking into the area unmarked and wasted no time in firing a M.Adams cross under the keeper. However seven minutes later we had let ourselves down as F.Tshibumbu ran onto a poor clearance by G.Naylor to fire past J.Brennan. On the 28th minute Belgium had another chance to score as they beat my defence to a loose ball and fired towards goal but J.Brennan saved well to deny them. Three minutes later though we conceded a silly goal as U.Akilu passed a ball back to J.Brennan who wasn't alert enough to notice and J.Verstraete fired with pace past the keeper.
The second half was all Belgium as they upped the gears and on the hour mark J.Brennan saved the day with a world class save to deny the opposition. On the 74th minute we came close as we countered one of the many Belgian attacks but J.Springer fired well wide of the post.. Just before the final whistle Belgium grabbed a third goal with a brave header but luckily for us it was ruled out for a foul on G.Naylor. Not a great result and a dire performance

England 1-2 Belgium D.Mastrogiannis 6 / F.Tshibumbu 13, J.Verstraete 31

J.Brennan, N.Christie, G.Naylor, S.Coleman (L.King), U.Akilu, K.Battersby, N.Farmer (R.Brooks), M.Frayne (J.Howes), M.Adams, J.Springer, D.Mastrogiannis

Other 2nd Rd Result: France 3-1 Germany

Season Seventeen 2032/33:
July 1st: Euro 2032 ¼ Finals 
Turkey 1-1 Serbia (Turkey 4-3pen)

July 2nd:
Italy 3-0 Spain

July 3rd:
Holland 2-1 France

July 4th:
Switzerland 0-0 Belgium (Belgium 5-4pen)

July 7th: Euro 2032 Semi Finals
Belgium 1-3 Turkey (aet)

July 8th:
Italy 1-5 Holland

July 11th: European Football Championship 2032 Final
Holland 2-0 Turkey (F.Petersen 39, 71)

July 11th: 
With the tournament over the FA gave their assessment of my performance and they were far from happy with the performance and they relieved me of my duties with immediate affect

July 18th:
After the sacking I started to receive job offers. I've had Denmark, Hungary, Holland and Russia all offer me a job. I asked them of I can get back to them

July 28th:
I received a call from the A.C.Milan chairman asking if I want to take over, again I asked for sometime to mull things over

August 1st:
I now have the Swiss FA contacting me regarding the vacant job. Again I asked for sometime but I know I'm going to have to make my mind up soon

August 6th:
After some thinking I decided against going for an International job and let the relevant FA's know. That just leaves a couple of club offers with Atalanta the next club requesting me services

August 12th:
After mulling things over I decided against a trip to Italy again and let the Milan and Atalanta Chairmen know.

September 5th:
My next job offer came from Scottish side Celtic and I decided to finally get back into management

Career So Far:

Dafabet Welsh Premier League (4): 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 (TNS)

JD Welsh Cup (1): 2018/19 (TNS)
Nathaniel MG Cup (4): 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 (TNS)
Serie A (1): 2028/29 (Juventus)
Serie C/C (1): 2020/21 (Reggina)
Italian Super Cup (1): 2029/30 (Juventus)
Spanish Super Cup (1): 2026/27 (Barcelona)
EURO Cup (1): 2028/29 (Juventus)
European Super Cup (1): 2029/30 (Juventus)
World Cup: Runners Up 2026 (Uruguay)
European International League (1): 2031 (England)
Manager of The Year (3): 2017/18, 2019/20 (TNS), 2028/29 (Juventus)