Sports Interactive Community
a31632

Size of fmf files (limitations)

The size of file simatchviewer-pc.fmf before using the "Resource Archiver" is 854MB. When I unpack and repack with the Archiver the size has suddenly increased to 1.95GB. Is this common or do I need to do something to get the size of the repacked fmf decreased?  The reason I'm asking this is that I want to add custom sound files to the "simatchviewer-pc.fmf" file and when I repack it, the size is over 2GB so it will not work.

The limitation of 2GB is in addition something that should be resolved. 

Edited by a31632

Not sure why so far there hasn’t been a response to this rather simple question.

It seems to me SI is using a different application to create fmf files as the “Resource Archiver” is only repacking but not compressing, which leads to bigger file sizes.

There must be someone out there with knowledge on how this works and more importantly, how to get this resolved or working?

Apologies for the lack of response - just to confirm we've seen your message and we're investigating this internally to see what exactly is going on. We'll update when we have any further info.

Thanks. 

11 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Apologies for the lack of response - just to confirm we've seen your message and we're investigating this internally to see what exactly is going on. We'll update when we have any further info.

Thanks. 

Thank you very much for your reply and your attention to this matter. I would really like to be able to edit this   fmf file and be able to reduce the file to under 2GB size. Thanks 

Hi thanks for chasing this up with us. Unfortunately the progress of this investigation has been delayed due to the festive season schedule. We will provide an update ASAP. 

Hope you have a good new year.

On 31/12/2019 at 03:08, Jimmy Wong said:

Hi thanks for chasing this up with us. Unfortunately the progress of this investigation has been delayed due to the festive season schedule. We will provide an update ASAP. 

Hope you have a good new year.

Happy New Year back! I completely understand. Thanks for the update

It's something we're looking to try and address in a future update. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

I'm afraid I have nothing new to add Damien, however, I'll give the dev team a nudge and see if they've made any further progress.

As for the length of time it's taken, they work via a severity scale, ie, how many users it effects. Which is possibly why a solution hasn't been found yet. 

Really sorry. 

A new version of the resource archiver should have been pushed today as part of the 20.3 update with the size fix and the option to compress files. If it wasn't done today it should be shortly

On 20/02/2020 at 15:26, EdL said:

A new version of the resource archiver should have been pushed today as part of the 20.3 update with the size fix and the option to compress files. If it wasn't done today it should be shortly

Thanks, will have a look at it and try it this weekend!

13 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

If you're still having issues let us know, please!

Works perfectly now! Size can be over 2GB now and compression worked as well. Thanks a lot!