something is wrong with Football manager 2020

I have played Every football manager and championship manger since 2003 and I have never run into this problem before. I have checked all transfer dealings and contract talks are down to me and not delegated but no matter who I try and sign it always fails. I go to scouting options and tick the box says interested I scout them until 100% knowledge it says interested in green I declare interest for transfer player player says he would love to sign for my club I put in a bid club accepts bid then my next inbox message says transfer failed player unwilling to enter contract talks even with no other clubs interested even though hes just told me he would love to sign for my club. I am managing Charlton Athletic. I have even tried signing transfer listed players and players unhappy at their club who are also transfer listed I have even tried players in lower divisions the end result is always the same transfer instantly fails with player refusing to enter contract talks after clubs accept bids. my record is 15 and no successful signings. 

43 minutes ago, jim-thompson1980 said:

I think it must have been a bug I erased all saves uninstalled the game reinstalled it started fresh and players are now actually signing. 

It was, I had this start to happen on my beta save after one of the updates. It did only last for one transfer window though, then it went back to normal, bizarrely.