Scouts not finding anything

I assigned a few scouts to look at the U19s league and can't seem to find any player. Even the one scouting the english U19s, has only managed to find just one player (in almost a year).

Scouting package is set to 'World', both of them btw.

What are your strategies to finding the best youth?

file1.png

44 minutes ago, champion067 said:

I assigned a few scouts to look at the U19s league and can't seem to find any player. Even the one scouting the english U19s, has only managed to find just one player (in almost a year).

Scouting package is set to 'World', both of them btw.

What are your strategies to finding the best youth?

file1.png

Depends what you set them to look for? if they aren't finding anyone, it's because they can't find anyone to fit your requirements..

That may be down to the instructions you gave the scouts or the fact that you are liverpool and your youth setup is already better than they can find in the competition you are looking at so they can't recommend anyone for you.

Scouts aren't good at finding players on their own. You gotta ask for reports on players yourself to make use of them. A good filter selection for player searches I like to use is

- Transfer listed

-Age is below 21

-Value is above 100k

This can provide you with ambitious and highly rated youngters who have asked for a transfer due to not getting game time. Can get some absolute gems with this, providing you aren't already a top club. Send those scouts to work!

They're just scouting without any restrictions, I thought it's more simple for them to pick up any decent prospect within a certain league.

I skipped a few fm versions, I might add, so gonna need some time till I figure it out.

Edited by champion067