Database setup realistic transfer market

Mypos

Hey guys,

I was wondering what the best setup would be to get a realistic transfer market in which good players of small clubs get snatched away by bigger clubs. I allways play with smaller clubs and i like it when my best players get sold by my board when the price is too big for them to ignore. I have had careers on FM 2010 and 2011 in which this worked pretty good. But on FM 2012 and FM 2013 this didnt work for me. For instance i had a Youth Academy Challenge with Cork City on which i had like 15 internationals and not one got bought away while the value of my players still was very low because of the bad league rep. 

So now im thinking maybe i can change this by the way i set up the database? Small, large, how many leagues loaded etc?

Any help is much appreciated!

9 minutes ago, Mypos said:

Hey guys,

I was wondering what the best setup would be to get a realistic transfer market in which good players of small clubs get snatched away by bigger clubs. I allways play with smaller clubs and i like it when my best players get sold by my board when the price is too big for them to ignore. I have had careers on FM 2010 and 2011 in which this worked pretty good. But on FM 2012 and FM 2013 this didnt work for me. For instance i had a Youth Academy Challenge with Cork City on which i had like 15 internationals and not one got bought away while the value of my players still was very low because of the bad league rep. 

So now im thinking maybe i can change this by the way i set up the database? Small, large, how many leagues loaded etc?

Any help is much appreciated!

the more players and leagues are activated the better. And of course it depends on your spec, you can load all players from preferred nation's for example (like if you plan to play in uk or ireland you can load all players from there). 

5 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

the more players and leagues are activated the better. And of course it depends on your spec, you can load all players from preferred nation's for example (like if you plan to play in uk or ireland you can load all players from there). 

Well i dont think this is true. When you have alot of players loaded for for instance Ireland the AI clubs have alot of players too choose from and will not fight as actively to buy a player from you. Thats what i noticed now.

5 minutes ago, Mypos said:

Well i dont think this is true. When you have alot of players loaded for for instance Ireland the AI clubs have alot of players too choose from and will not fight as actively to buy a player from you. Thats what i noticed now.

You've asked for more realistic transfer market, you can't set database up for yourself only, if you want big clubs to poach your players set as low players as possible and cross your fingers. Is it realistic? No, but that what's you want I guess?

37 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

You've asked for more realistic transfer market, you can't set database up for yourself only, if you want big clubs to poach your players set as low players as possible and cross your fingers. Is it realistic? No, but that what's you want I guess?

I think its very realistic for the English lower leagues to raid empty the Nothern Ireland League of any good players.