United States - No Youth Intake

Digijustin

I've been working on a USA database that gets rid of the MLS and all its other leagues and replaces them with a model very similar to the English Football pyramid. It's working very well so far but it's been noticed that there isn't any youth intake. Kind of makes sense due to the MLS draft existing but I figured once I got rid of all the existing leagues and built my own, they would act appropriately.

I figured that because of the draft, maybe something was hard coded in the game to not have youth intakes for USA. So I took my DB I already created and basically moved everything in USA to Canada and low and behold, all the teams had proper youth intakes. So I know it's something with the USA in the game. I did some digging around and can't find anything online. If there is and I've missed it, I'm sorry. Looking at the files on my computer, I see the following 3 files:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data\database\db\2000\dbc\usa.dbc
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data\database\db\2001\dbc\usa.dbc
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data\database\db\2010\dbc\usa.dbc

I am going through a year's holiday now to see if removing those files fixes the issue and will write back here once I find out but has anyone successfully gotten this to work? Seems like it should be something editable rather than hard coded. Thanks in advance.

The bigger issue is that we can't set when the youth intake happens with the editor. I'm seeing players show up in some U20 teams, but some teams are getting 2 or fewer players signed. Could be the youth intake was bad that year or it could be an issue with the system.

Edited by Gambit