does a coaches preffered style matter?

as the title says, let me be a bit more specific, im playing a possesion based slow looking for the space to open up style hypothetically, would a tactical possesion coach with preferred style of defensive direct counter influence the philosophy of the tactics or does that no matter per say ? hope this makes sense

7 minutes ago, dannyrefc said:

hope this makes sense

It started out making sense...then this bit didn't:

7 minutes ago, dannyrefc said:

influence the philosophy of the tactics

Influence the philosophy of which tactics? Yours? You set them. In the youth ranks, with no instructions as to what their tactics should be? Well yes, your youth managers will choose their preferred tactics unless instructed otherwise. 

So I'll just explain how much I take into account their preferences: very little, except for my Assistant Manager. I figure their preferences are going to influence how they advise you, right? I tend to have my Assistant Manager advising me on tactics (the in-game advice about closing down, pre-match advice on tactics etc.) so I'll want him to match up with me: if we have the same preferred formation he's not going to constantly advise a change, if I want to Press a lot I don't want a your hypothetical Direct Defensive Counter guy as he's going to recommend changing half my team instructions and probably my mentality before and during every game. 

thanks that is a good response. i wasnt sure how to word it apologies for that. essentially

if i want to play a possesion style and i hire a coach to train possesion or attacking etc and they prefer a direct counter play style, will the players be trained my possesion style or will the coach train a direct style as he prefers that and would that affect overrall style. in  a nut shell, do i select coaches who's preferred styles etc are similair to mine or does that not matter?

13 hours ago, dannyrefc said:

thanks that is a good response. i wasnt sure how to word it apologies for that. essentially

if i want to play a possesion style and i hire a coach to train possesion or attacking etc and they prefer a direct counter play style, will the players be trained my possesion style or will the coach train a direct style as he prefers that and would that affect overrall style. in  a nut shell, do i select coaches who's preferred styles etc are similair to mine or does that not matter?

You mean within the individual training sessions? I don't think it has an effect, I think its just a case that the attributes listed for the session will be improved.  

13 hours ago, dannyrefc said:

Makes no difference.