Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bcfclee27

No Tactic works for me help

Hi, im after is a plug and play tactic that works basically.....

Ive tried loads of tactic downloads but literally none of them work for me.

Am currently using Beowulfs FM20.2 442 but even that is giving poor results.

Im playing as bath city in the lower league.

Havent played FM for years so maybe im asking too much, but there always used to be a variety of tactics that would turn you into world beaters.

Many thanks

i play this game since cm 01 02 and after fm 2012 the game does not allow us to use same tactic always. i mean you can not succes just with one tactic. i tried most of tactics on test league but it does not change anything. 

I wrote this on FM Base for people wondering why their tactic wasn't working and could be useful here:

• Tactical Familiarity - This generally needs to be maxed out. If you try to plug a tactic in halfway through the season and wonder why it doesn't work, this is probably why.
  • Player PPMs - Do your defenders/holding midfielders have traits such as "Dwells On Ball" and "Stops Play". These two PPMs alone can get your players caught while on the ball leading to a chance for the opposition.
  • Team Talks - If you're not doing them yourself let your Assistant Manager do them as long as they have high Motivation, Level of Discipline and Man Management.
  • Team Morale - This can cause your team to perform poorly. Hold a team meeting / speak to players. Bring that morale back up!
  • Still not performing well? Where are the goals coming from? Have a look at those highlights.
  • Could it be the players you have aren't suitable for the tactic?
  • Bought/Sold a lot of players? Maybe not enough time for the team to have gelled and developed partnerships.
  • Are your staff in charge of OIs which could be ruining the tactic? (Staff > Responsibilities > Provides Opposition Instructions - Make sure this is set to YOU).

As for a tactic, I have just given a 44DM2 a go and had some amazing results.

Steam / FM Base

6 hours ago, Cadoni said:

It's not a plug n play game after all. 

**It's not intended to be a plug n play game. However, it absolutely can be with the right tactics. I've had saves over the years where I came across a fun tactic I found on one of the boards and it was a 100% plug n play, set it and forget it type of tactic. Now, there are saves that are fun and more fulfilling when you create your own tactic and make adjustments over time and also per your opponent. 

On 08/12/2019 at 17:20, Bcfclee27 said:

Hi, im after is a plug and play tactic that works basically.....

Ive tried loads of tactic downloads but literally none of them work for me.

Am currently using Beowulfs FM20.2 442 but even that is giving poor results.

Im playing as bath city in the lower league.

Havent played FM for years so maybe im asking too much, but there always used to be a variety of tactics that would turn you into world beaters.

Many thanks

Try my 4-2-4 push tactic. 

On 10/12/2019 at 13:44, Bcfclee27 said:

These tactics work really well. Thanks Matt

Everything still working for you sir?

Playing as Bath is guess your team are terrible, so in lower league I often play simple and don't use complex roles that have a lot of hard coded Player instructions.

Try a 4-4-2 like @Atarin

A tactic like this often works well in lower league.