Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Domathon

vincius junior from real madrid to newcastle

Recommended Posts

45mil and 50% of next fee.

shocking thing is he agreed to sign a contract for 70k a week, whats going on here i feel like ive cheated 10mins into my intended long term save?

 

anyone got more examples? or am i missing something with this lad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

What's his 'tendency to punch horses' attribute? 

It’s probably about a ‘neeeighnteen’ 🐴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seriously though can i accept this signing as legit and continue? i cant see it ever happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start a new save with first window transfers disabled? I have never seen something like it btw. Even years down the line.

Edited by robot_skeleton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Domathon said:

seriously though can i accept this signing as legit and continue? i cant see it ever happening

I have something similar with Newcastle, I signed a Brazilian wonder kid (newgen) for 15 million pounds he scored 10 goals in the Brazil Serie A. I was also in discussions with James Rodriguez until Juventus came in and poached him at the last minute. Perhaps its because I finished 4th and scored a Champions League spot the first season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

went back to contract negotiations and his agent mentioned he was very happy with the amount of first team football. i still dont see this as realistic its not like messi signs for norwich levels of crazy by any means but i think we can all rethink certain signings, those of us who play mid tier teams anyway, should you really be able to have that guy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oblongata21 said:

I have something similar with Newcastle, I signed a Brazilian wonder kid (newgen) for 15 million pounds he scored 10 goals in the Brazil Serie A. I was also in discussions with James Rodriguez until Juventus came in and poached him at the last minute. Perhaps its because I finished 4th and scored a Champions League spot the first season

Champions League football would definitely be a factor there. Rodriguez seems to be hard coded to leave Real after the first season and players who are out of contract, or definitely being released, are easier to sign than they would otherwise be. It seemed to take a long time for Rodriguez to make a decision in my Boro save but he did eventually go to a big club (think it was Inter) after most of the big clubs in Italy, England and Germany went in for him. The wonderkid is a bit weirder, though it can sometimes depend on the club he's at since some clubs simply need the money ASAP so will accept lower amounts than you might expect.

Vinicius Junior to Newcastle seems pretty unrealistic, but was this first season or later in the game? I've noticed there are a few young players, especially at Real, who become available relatively cheaply because they don't get game time. Hakimi went at the end of the first season in my save, for example (and for some strange reason chose Dortmund over my newly promoted Boro side - can't think why!) and Vinicius is now transfer listed in the middle of season 2. Is £70k a week a big pay rise for him? That might also explain the move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has he looked out for himself by having release clauses in case of not qualifying next year? What sort of promises did you make him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cris182 said:

Has he looked out for himself by having release clauses in case of not qualifying next year? What sort of promises did you make him?

If this is directed at my post above yours, I'm not his manager. I'm managing Spurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tiger666 said:

If this is directed at my post above yours, I'm not his manager. I'm managing Spurs.

Sorry no i meant the OP, I thought i had quoted him in it :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just to clarify i singed him in the first hour of my intended long term save not even played half my friendly's its barely July.

as for clauses theres nothing champions league related which ive never seen before anyway is it new? only clause is a 94mil release clause to clubs in the champions league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Domathon said:

45mil and 50% of next fee.

shocking thing is he agreed to sign a contract for 70k a week, whats going on here i feel like ive cheated 10mins into my intended long term save?

 

anyone got more examples? or am i missing something with this lad?

Mosie Kean from Juventus to Everton - these things happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Mosie Kean from Juventus to Everton - these things happen.

i have accepted the vinicius juniour signing and will be carrying on with this save

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Domathon said:

i have accepted the vinicius juniour signing and will be carrying on with this save

Definitely carry on. Remember when Cambiasso joined Leicester, Moise Kean to Everton and Owen to United? 

Newcastle are a prestigious club with a huge fan base, I can (sort of) see the attraction 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't think of any reason why this can't happen. He has been relegated to bench this season since Zidane took over and i doubt we will see him in the first eleven for a long time. I don;t think he is Real Madrid quality, his finishing is atrocious , ( like 1v1's in the current ME :D)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen things like this quite often actually. In my saves it usually happens when a player demands a transfer. If the club is foolish and try to milk as big a transfer fee as possible, they'll end up rejecting several excellent bids hoping for something even better. Then the player gets mad and they end up selling to the next decent offer that comes in.

I've seen it with Asensio - bought him for 20 million. Happened to me with Federico Chiesa as well. He wanted to go to Madrid, but I'd rejected a measly 60 million offer from them (he's worth much much more). By that point though they'd had enough and he had to settle for Monaco who offered 40 million with FAR less wages. 

Kind of a buggy thing in the game IMO. While you can see the logic - all realistic deals break down due to stubbornness from the selling club, so the club and player is forced to accept a 2nd tier club. Doesn't happen IRL though really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m West Ham and both Pellegri (Monaco) and Geubels (also Monaco) both got transfer listed in first summer. Snatched up for $2.6m and $550k respectively 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you haven't cheated to sign him, what's the problem?

The game throws up loads of odd transfers. You've signed him legitimately within the realms of the game, so enjoy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

As long as you haven't cheated to sign him, what's the problem?

The game throws up loads of odd transfers. You've signed him legitimately within the realms of the game, so enjoy!!

Exactly. 

There's 100,000's of players out the for Football Manager.

It is a game - and with 100,000's simulations running world wide every second of the day there's bound to be some simulations where Vinicius or any other player is unhappy and wants a move - no matter how unlikely the move, in a virtual reality with billions of permuations something weird will happen from time to time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Extra Time FM said:

Stranger things have happened in Football. Carry on. 

Like Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham!?!?!?!    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

Like Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham!?!?!?!    

Precisely. Football is a strange game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mike J said:

Champions League football would definitely be a factor there. Rodriguez seems to be hard coded to leave Real after the first season and players who are out of contract, or definitely being released, are easier to sign than they would otherwise be. It seemed to take a long time for Rodriguez to make a decision in my Boro save but he did eventually go to a big club (think it was Inter) after most of the big clubs in Italy, England and Germany went in for him. The wonderkid is a bit weirder, though it can sometimes depend on the club he's at since some clubs simply need the money ASAP so will accept lower amounts than you might expect.

He had a release clause of 15 million so they kind of had to let him go haha. But I was surprised he was interested.

I downloaded the in-game editor to see what his PA was, 176 is pretty good, but I think it going to be more of a challenge to keep him at the club more than anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...