vincius junior from real madrid to newcastle

45mil and 50% of next fee.

shocking thing is he agreed to sign a contract for 70k a week, whats going on here i feel like ive cheated 10mins into my intended long term save?

anyone got more examples? or am i missing something with this lad?

7 hours ago, Domathon said:

seriously though can i accept this signing as legit and continue? i cant see it ever happening

I have something similar with Newcastle, I signed a Brazilian wonder kid (newgen) for 15 million pounds he scored 10 goals in the Brazil Serie A. I was also in discussions with James Rodriguez until Juventus came in and poached him at the last minute. Perhaps its because I finished 4th and scored a Champions League spot the first season

went back to contract negotiations and his agent mentioned he was very happy with the amount of first team football. i still dont see this as realistic its not like messi signs for norwich levels of crazy by any means but i think we can all rethink certain signings, those of us who play mid tier teams anyway, should you really be able to have that guy? 

3 hours ago, oblongata21 said:

I have something similar with Newcastle, I signed a Brazilian wonder kid (newgen) for 15 million pounds he scored 10 goals in the Brazil Serie A. I was also in discussions with James Rodriguez until Juventus came in and poached him at the last minute. Perhaps its because I finished 4th and scored a Champions League spot the first season

Champions League football would definitely be a factor there. Rodriguez seems to be hard coded to leave Real after the first season and players who are out of contract, or definitely being released, are easier to sign than they would otherwise be. It seemed to take a long time for Rodriguez to make a decision in my Boro save but he did eventually go to a big club (think it was Inter) after most of the big clubs in Italy, England and Germany went in for him. The wonderkid is a bit weirder, though it can sometimes depend on the club he's at since some clubs simply need the money ASAP so will accept lower amounts than you might expect.

Vinicius Junior to Newcastle seems pretty unrealistic, but was this first season or later in the game? I've noticed there are a few young players, especially at Real, who become available relatively cheaply because they don't get game time. Hakimi went at the end of the first season in my save, for example (and for some strange reason chose Dortmund over my newly promoted Boro side - can't think why!) and Vinicius is now transfer listed in the middle of season 2. Is £70k a week a big pay rise for him? That might also explain the move.

just to clarify i singed him in the first hour of my intended long term save not even played half my friendly's its barely July.

as for clauses theres nothing champions league related which ive never seen before anyway is it new? only clause is a 94mil release clause to clubs in the champions league.

22 hours ago, Domathon said:

45mil and 50% of next fee.

shocking thing is he agreed to sign a contract for 70k a week, whats going on here i feel like ive cheated 10mins into my intended long term save?

anyone got more examples? or am i missing something with this lad?

Mosie Kean from Juventus to Everton - these things happen.

15 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Mosie Kean from Juventus to Everton - these things happen.

i have accepted the vinicius juniour signing and will be carrying on with this save

3 minutes ago, Domathon said:

i have accepted the vinicius juniour signing and will be carrying on with this save

Definitely carry on. Remember when Cambiasso joined Leicester, Moise Kean to Everton and Owen to United? 

Newcastle are a prestigious club with a huge fan base, I can (sort of) see the attraction 

I can't think of any reason why this can't happen. He has been relegated to bench this season since Zidane took over and i doubt we will see him in the first eleven for a long time. I don;t think he is Real Madrid quality, his finishing is atrocious , ( like 1v1's in the current ME :D)

I've seen things like this quite often actually. In my saves it usually happens when a player demands a transfer. If the club is foolish and try to milk as big a transfer fee as possible, they'll end up rejecting several excellent bids hoping for something even better. Then the player gets mad and they end up selling to the next decent offer that comes in.

I've seen it with Asensio - bought him for 20 million. Happened to me with Federico Chiesa as well. He wanted to go to Madrid, but I'd rejected a measly 60 million offer from them (he's worth much much more). By that point though they'd had enough and he had to settle for Monaco who offered 40 million with FAR less wages. 

Kind of a buggy thing in the game IMO. While you can see the logic - all realistic deals break down due to stubbornness from the selling club, so the club and player is forced to accept a 2nd tier club. Doesn't happen IRL though really. 

15 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

As long as you haven't cheated to sign him, what's the problem?

The game throws up loads of odd transfers. You've signed him legitimately within the realms of the game, so enjoy!!

Exactly. 

There's 100,000's of players out the for Football Manager.

It is a game - and with 100,000's simulations running world wide every second of the day there's bound to be some simulations where Vinicius or any other player is unhappy and wants a move - no matter how unlikely the move, in a virtual reality with billions of permuations something weird will happen from time to time. 

15 hours ago, Mike J said:

Champions League football would definitely be a factor there. Rodriguez seems to be hard coded to leave Real after the first season and players who are out of contract, or definitely being released, are easier to sign than they would otherwise be. It seemed to take a long time for Rodriguez to make a decision in my Boro save but he did eventually go to a big club (think it was Inter) after most of the big clubs in Italy, England and Germany went in for him. The wonderkid is a bit weirder, though it can sometimes depend on the club he's at since some clubs simply need the money ASAP so will accept lower amounts than you might expect.

He had a release clause of 15 million so they kind of had to let him go haha. But I was surprised he was interested.

I downloaded the in-game editor to see what his PA was, 176 is pretty good, but I think it going to be more of a challenge to keep him at the club more than anything