Sports Interactive Community
Tiger666

Defenders ignoring set piece instructions

Tottenham v Bournemouth.pkm

This is my set piece instruction. I have all four defenders to stay back.

Capture.thumb.PNG.ad27b9b5fc832b35e1701bb420ee07b6.PNG

On set pieces, I would expect my defence to keep their normal positions.

As you can see, my right back (Kyle Walker Peters) comes over and takes up the left back position occupied by Danny Rose. The opposition then almost score by exploiting the vacant right back spot. This is around 6 minutes in on the pkm.

Capture.thumb.PNG.e03894e366c7f9f3c32cc1eca5bb8c34.PNG

Edited by Tiger666

In fact none of my routines are working correctly. This is another free kick. Both full backs are in the wrong positions. Rose (Left Back) is between the centra backs and Aurier (Right Back) is on the left. I'm getting countered all the time by leaving these gaps.

Capture.thumb.PNG.36db57056fc5ac393fae2f2de81afd08.PNG

The same issue applies to throw ins. Some times is the central defender taking then, when a full back is instructed to do so, leaving gaps in defense, or the center forward coming short, leaving no one to cross to, when given the instruction to stay forward.

I'm having similar issues that might be related:

On 13/12/2019 at 18:29, Serios Sim said:

The same issue applies to throw ins. Some times is the central defender taking then, when a full back is instructed to do so, leaving gaps in defense, or the center forward coming short, leaving no one to cross to, when given the instruction to stay forward.

the striker one has been around for ages.

double fun when playing with a single striker :(

The defensive set-pieces instruction module is broken. Corner, set-pieces... players deployment on the pitch is random and they don't follow the instructions.

We already have a problem with goal scored from set pieces, surely a module like this not working makes things even worse.

On top of that, if I try to load a playbook during a match, it simply doesn't load.

@Jemal Wiseman

Deployment of players from the set piece screen setup

[ME2040] Federico_realtimedefsetpiece.JPG

... and its representation on the pitch.

[ME2040] Federico_players_deploy.JPG

... and this is the setup I expect to see reproduced on the pitch.

[ME2040] Federico_original_defensive_setup.JPG

I don't understand how this has been allowed to go on for at least 2-3 editions of the game... throw-ins are completely broken still and the set-piece creator is so buggy it's almost entirely unusable. I have to alter the set-piece instructions every single time I sub players because the heights, etc., change, and it's so arduous I waste what feel like ages trying to navigate this every match.