Merging Databases- adding players

Tigerman500

If I merge two files and one of the files adds new players will it show up in the merged file?

Example, If i find a file that adds new players and merge it with my file. Will my file be added with those new players?

Edited by Tigerman500

I am also curious about this... As I have seen a few people advising against it...

I am also wanting to make my own file, with edited data... 

I took a few downloaded files, and merged them together, I could see that the number of changes increased with each merge... It's mainly person data anyway, new players, transfers etc. Nothing with league/team changes... 

I also booted the game up to try, and it seems to be fine... Because what I want to do, is then 'start' my own editing, in THAT file, with all the other changes from other files, so that when I start a game up, I use just one file, as I have noticed that clicking multiple files with different changes, seems to cause problems, where for example: Pochettino has been removed from Spurs, and Mourinho added, in one file... But not in another and this has resulted in Spurs not having a manager upon starting a game. 

So I am wondering if this is a safe thing to do... Because, I am also worried, that If I start making changes to the already merged file, then I wont have any hard copies of my own edited data, so its a bit risky should there be any issues with it, even if not in the beginning but somewhere down the line. @KUBI - Can you shed any light on this, as I have seen you have not been a fan of doing this according to some of your comments on various posts. 

I did a little test, made a simple change of Pochettino's contract to end 19.11.19 and Mourinho to start 20.11.19 and saved it 'Tottenham'... Started a new game, and that was exactly what was gona happen, I could see Poch's contract would end then, and Mourinho's profile said 'Joining Tottenham on...'. But then when I tried to merge this data with the other file with all the other changes and merged data... And searched Mauricio Pochettino in the editor - He was without a club, yet Mourinho had a future transfer to Spurs, so it didn't quite work. 

Also a completely different question I have is... The copy (database changes) and paste... What do they actually do, and how do you use it? I was thinking I could add my stuff, then copy those changes only, and perhaps pasting them into a file on their own. Anyone used this feature or know how it works? 

I stopped using merging long time ago. So it might be improved and with less issues now. But when I used it, the outcome was not what I expected. For example some cities I added in a file did not show up after merging. But the main issue was some ID conflicts. 

Ah right, I get what you mean... Well I guess that could be similar to what I noticed when merging the edited Tottenham Manager, it didnt recognise it in the larger file with more changes.. But if I can use that file to start my editing and put all my data in there, it seems to be working fine, when I have ran a few tests and started a few games. So I am just thinking if I throw my stuff on top, it should be grand. 

How and when would you notice the issues, i mean, If you make 100's 1000's of changes, i guess its not so obvious when you start a game to check them all. 

By the way Kubi, is it possible to send you a PM, I have a couple of questions, or shall I make posts/threads, I just dont want to make one that has already been made?

2 hours ago, Lijodo10 said:

Ah right, I get what you mean... Well I guess that could be similar to what I noticed when merging the edited Tottenham Manager, it didnt recognise it in the larger file with more changes.. But if I can use that file to start my editing and put all my data in there, it seems to be working fine, when I have ran a few tests and started a few games. So I am just thinking if I throw my stuff on top, it should be grand. 

How and when would you notice the issues, i mean, If you make 100's 1000's of changes, i guess its not so obvious when you start a game to check them all. 

By the way Kubi, is it possible to send you a PM, I have a couple of questions, or shall I make posts/threads, I just dont want to make one that has already been made?

I got it to work just fine

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Lijodo10:

Just start threads or post in the simple questions thread (if the questions are simple). People do also learn from reading threads and there are other people willing to help. My time on the forum is limited and I don't have always access to the editor to check something.

On 09/12/2019 at 22:04, Tigerman500 said:

I got it to work just fine

I have merged a few files together, which work just fine when I start a new game. 

I then decided to try a little test before I got really cracking on my editing. I created a new team and put them in the danish 2. division, I did this in the file that i already 'mass-merged' - Loaded the game... And the Team I added had no fixtures despite saying they were in the 2. division, and another team which I had moved to the 1. division were in both leagues, so they had double fixtures for 1st and 2nd div. Madness. 

Then I created a new editor file, where all I did was create the club and swap them for 1 club in the 2. division.. Saved this file on its own, as 'test' for example, started a new game where i selected this file AND the Mass Merge... The changes I made were there, the team was successfully added and the other removed. 

I also Merged this test file with the already merged, again, started a new game and that worked too... Yet when editing the one file with all the changes didn't bleeding work... Have no idea why. 🙄