Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
tariq13

Can't Get Rid of Promotion Restrictions

I'm creating the second division in the United States and I'm noticing that certain teams (the B teams for MLS clubs) show up with a rule that says they can't be promoted. Right now I'm working on the first stage of the competition which consists of two groups of 18 teams and the top 10 make the playoffs. After testing the comp and looking at the rules, for each group it shows promotion restrictions. I haven't set any promotion rules or restrictions. There is no promotion from this division. I'm having another problem with the rules and I think this might be the cause of it. Anyone know why these rules would be showing up?

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 8.31.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 8.32.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 8.33.38 AM.png

test7.fmf

Edited by tariq13

I haven't looked at the file but it may be because the club has an affiliate in the MLS that has "cannot play in same division" ticked.

Just now, Weiry said:

I haven't looked at the file but it may be because the club has an affiliate in the MLS that has "cannot play in same division" ticked.

I thought that might be the case, so I went and got rid of that option for all the clubs but it didn't make a difference. The tile I uploaded has that option checked right now, but in a previous file I tried doing that and it didn't seem to make a difference.

What about in the MLS rules is there something about B clubs not allowed to play in division?

3 minutes ago, Weiry said:

What about in the MLS rules is there something about B clubs not allowed to play in division?

That's a good idea! I didn't think of that. Just looked but it doesn't look like there's anything about that in the MLS rules.

So it looks like, under the promotion/relegation rules for MLS, there's an option that says "Allow B teams to be promoted from lower division." I selected that but the rules in the second division haven't changed.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb tariq13:

So it looks like, under the promotion/relegation rules for MLS, there's an option that says "Allow B teams to be promoted from lower division." I selected that but the rules in the second division haven't changed.

You need to change this rule for the United soccer league.

You could also try to set max number of B teams for that division.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

You need to change this rule for the United soccer league.

Where would I change that? I don't have anything selected under the promotion / relegation section.

Lower Division Promotion rules

Allow B teams to be promoted

Just now, KUBI said:

Lower Division Promotion rules

So I have the option "Allow B teams to be promoted from lower division" selected but nothing changed.

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 9.21.40 AM.png

Gerade eben schrieb tariq13:

So I have the option "Allow B teams to be promoted from lower division" selected but nothing changed.

Did you try it in-game? 

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Did you try it in-game? 

I can't try it in-game because the file won't verify, so when I try to load this in-game, the lower divisions won't show up for selection. The problem preventing verification is part of a larger problem I'm having and I thought the problem in this thread might help. The larger problem is that I can't get the MLS B teams to get a qualification fate in the second group. The MLS B teams in the first group get a qualification fate, but for some reason it won't work in the second group even though it has the same settings. So I can't get teams to qualify for the playoff rounds, which prevents verification, which prevents me from seeing it in-game. I've tried everything, so I thought maybe if it might be this promotion restriction that's cause my problem.

vor 1 Minute schrieb tariq13:

I can't try it in-game because the file won't verify, so when I try to load this in-game, the lower divisions won't show up for selection. The problem preventing verification is part of a larger problem I'm having and I thought the problem in this thread might help. The larger problem is that I can't get the MLS B teams to get a qualification fate in the second group. The MLS B teams in the first group get a qualification fate, but for some reason it won't work in the second group even though it has the same settings. So I can't get teams to qualify for the playoff rounds, which prevents verification, which prevents me from seeing it in-game. I've tried everything, so I thought maybe if it might be this promotion restriction that's cause my problem.

Save and export the file as xml, this can be loaded into the game without verifying it.

5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Save and export the file as xml, this can be loaded into the game without verifying it.

I saved it as XML but it still won't let me load it in game.

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 9.34.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 9.35.16 AM.png

vor 12 Minuten schrieb tariq13:

I saved it as XML but it still won't let me load it in game.

It works for me, maybe you need to delete the game cache and try it again.

7 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It works for me, maybe you need to delete the game cache and try it again.

Yeah, unfortunately that didn't do it either. Are you running on a PC? I'm running on a Mac. I always wonder if the problems I run into are because of that. For instance, there's no reason why the same options for one group don't do the same thing in the other group. I've been wondering if it's because I'm on a Mac.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb tariq13:

Yeah, unfortunately that didn't do it either. Are you running on a PC? I'm running on a Mac. I always wonder if the problems I run into are because of that. For instance, there's no reason why the same options for one group don't do the same thing in the other group. I've been wondering if it's because I'm on a Mac.

No, I'm also editing on a mac.

2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

No, I'm also editing on a mac.

Interesting. Well thanks for your help.

I don't suppose you have any idea why I can't get B clubs in my second group to get a league fate of qualified? It's working in the first group. That's really the problem I'm trying to solve.

Open the xml document and change the line that starts with "verf" to true (or if it is already true then set to false) and try loading it again in game

7 minutes ago, Weiry said:

Open the xml document and change the line that starts with "verf" to true (or if it is already true then set to false) and try loading it again in game

Thanks! That got the file to load into the game, however the second division doesn't show up as a playable division.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb tariq13:

Thanks! That got the file to load into the game, however the second division doesn't show up as a playable division.

Did you set registered teams or team pool?

11 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Did you set registered teams or team pool?

No, I hadn't set either of those. I just set the teams under the "Teams" section and used "Get All Teams from Division", but not "Team Pool" or "Registered Teams". I just tried it now, but no change unfortunately.