Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
FILBY

application error

every time the game has finished loading (warming up) i get this application error pop up? yet it doesn't do it on any other save other than a one particular save? anyone know why?

Screenshot (122).png

if it's only one on particular save rather than every time you boot up the game or load a game, it sounds to me (uneducated guessing) that save maybe corrupted...  hopefully  I am wrong.. Do you have it on the rolling auto-save? 

31 minutes ago, rinso said:

if it's only one on particular save rather than every time you boot up the game or load a game, it sounds to me (uneducated guessing) that save maybe corrupted...  hopefully  I am wrong.. Do you have it on the rolling auto-save? 

yea i have it on auto-save, what does that mean? is there no way of fixing it?

34 minutes ago, rinso said:

it was absolutely fine till i joined another team?

the important bit is the "rolling" one... go to your saved files location, and select a save game from earlier time.. That should, hopefully, load, then you'll have to replay a week or  so (depending on your settings) but the save should be retrievable..  this is, as I say, depending on it being a "rolling" auto save, which i think fm20 goes to as default..  if it's not, then make it so.

a "rolling" saved game file will create separate files each time it saves. so if you have 5 file rolling save selected, then it will save in order. frst time to slot one, then to slot 2 then to slot 3 etc, then will start again at slot one so check the file details and pick one closest to the one that wont load.. 

1 minute ago, rinso said:

the important bit is the "rolling" one... go to your saved files location, and select a save game from earlier time.. That should, hopefully, load, then you'll have to replay a week or  so (depending on your settings) but the save should be retrievable..  this is, as I say, depending on it being a "rolling" auto save, which i think fm20 goes to as default..  if it's not, then make it so.

yea, so i literally just loaded a week before i joined the new team and i can play a game with my old club but by job application for the new team ive still got as applied, would you suggest try that team again or do you think it was that certain team etc??

thanks for the help btw :)

1 minute ago, FILBY said:

yea, so i literally just loaded a week before i joined the new team and i can play a game with my old club but by job application for the new team ive still got as applied, would you suggest try that team again or do you think it was that certain team etc??

thanks for the help btw :)

before you do anything, save it MANUALLY as something completely different, then revert to the auto save name, then you always have a "safe" point to come back to..   so, save as eg "test" then save it back as your original save name, and continue as you would normally.. see what happens.. play it as you did the first time and see.. 

20 minutes ago, rinso said:

before you do anything, save it MANUALLY as something completely different, then revert to the auto save name, then you always have a "safe" point to come back to..   so, save as eg "test" then save it back as your original save name, and continue as you would normally.. see what happens.. play it as you did the first time and see.. 

so i joined the same team, went into the game it kept crashing in, now it works, i saved it into a completely new folder

22 minutes ago, rinso said:

like you said it must have been dodgy folder?

23 minutes ago, rinso said:

scrap that, half way through it crashed again

so even using an older saved game, it's still doing the same thing?  

as clarification, here's what I mean.. 

Assuming blue line is the file that's not working.. red line is one you loaded up instead, saved as a different name as a reference point, then tried to continue normally... and still the same outcome? 

game.png