Sports Interactive Community
Maestro4eva

Opposition Instructions.

How do I get the opposition instructions to stay on throughout the season? Im sure I could set them in FM19 and they would stay on. I have control of them not the Asst Man and yet I have to keep setting them each game. Any help please.

Tactics - Opposition instructions - positions. This will allow you to set OIs for specific positions that will stay forever (or until you change them). 

2 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Tactics - Opposition instructions - positions. This will allow you to set OIs for specific positions that will stay forever (or until you change them). 

Sigh... not true.

For FM20 they changed it so that even though you set OI for specific positions as you describe, you still have to set these positions ahead of each game.

Just hope someone from SI reading this can fix this for next patch. IF IT WORKED FOR FM19 IT SHOULD NOT BE THAT HARD TO SET BACK TO OLD SETTING?

This thread might possibly give some more insight.
It doesn't seem like you have to set those instructions again. If you have set positional OIs then they should be active still.
Can't confirm it either way myself yet though.

I agree with the OP. Ive tried to set those instructions that I always want to use so I already have them there, but the game never paid attention to my changes, NEVER.

10 hours ago, roykela said:

This thread might possibly give some more insight.
It doesn't seem like you have to set those instructions again. If you have set positional OIs then they should be active still.
Can't confirm it either way myself yet though.

That thread gave me a headache. Basically you say there that it works... but I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion? Please show me an example of how you are able to play with positional OI throughout the season without having to manually change to this during each game.

The OP is right. The OI does not stay throughout the season. If you want to play with positional OI only then you have to change from personal OI to positional OI once the match has loaded.  This OI feature has not worked properly for almost 3 years now, as I explained in my post. Someone please make this a fix priority as it is highly annoying.

11 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

That thread gave me a headache. Basically you say there that it works... but I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion? Please show me an example of how you are able to play with positional OI throughout the season without having to manually change to this during each game.

The OP is right. The OI does not stay throughout the season. If you want to play with positional OI only then you have to change from personal OI to positional OI once the match has loaded.  This OI feature has not worked properly for almost 3 years now, as I explained in my post. Someone please make this a fix priority as it is highly annoying.

I didn't come to that conclusion. SI did.

The positional stays the way i set them throughout. That i do know.
My issue was that the positional OIs may possibly not be active, as when you go to the OIs when the match has loaded, it is the individual player OIs that are shown by default; as you mention yourself.
And when i change it back to positional OIs the game makes me confirm my changes as if they hadn't been set.
Changing it manually back to positional OIs was exactly the same thing i was asking. But i was more curious about if those OIs were still working or not.

My interpretation of what SI came back with as result was:
If you set your positional OIs those OIs should still be active in the background.
Individual player OIs are more player specific, as opposed to the positional instruction which covers positions regardless of who's playing there.

One thing i haven't put down on paper yet but have been thinking about is; what if you have conflicting instructions in positional vs individual OIs?
Which one overrides the other?

SI came with a conclusion. I put SI's conclusion in my own interpretational words of what i could gather from their conclusion.

Thanks. SI's conclusion is wrong then. I'm not expecing a fix for another 2 years.

I would think personal instructions override positional instructions (same way personal player instructions override team instructions). 

Another thing that troubles me about this OI debacle is that when you let staff handle your tactical briefings on upcoming opponent, then it's not clear if they talk about the OI you as manager have set. Maybe this is where SI got the idea that OI should reset to player OI ahead of each match - because then the staff can talk about spesific player OI in the briefing.