Sports Interactive Community
HasbeenKOed

Game refusing to process beyond the "Match Preview" prompt

Summary: Game refusing to process beyond the "Match Preview" prompt

Description of Issue:  At the point where the game goes to the day's matches, and prompts "Match Preview" rather than "Continue", the game refuses to respond to any attempts to continue, be it clicking on the "Match Preview" button or using the Spacebar shortcut, it will only navigate back to the matches in the competition page if on another page, but no further. As far as I know, there's no way to force the game into the Match Preview or Lineup pages, so as far as I can see, this is a game-breaking bug. Everything should be fully patched and up to date, and while there's some content from outside the official game, such as graphics and name change fixes, there's nothing which I can imagine having such a drastic effect. The Editor is active, however, it's only been used to make all players and staff visible in the search, and check the attributes for a few players who were fog of warred. I am running on Steam with the launch options: --user_data_location="D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020" -small_screen -windowed

The save file has been uploaded to your ownCloud at about 15:19 GMT as "Andorra.fm", thanks for looking, I hope there's something you can do!

21 hours ago, HasbeenKOed said:

Summary: Game refusing to process beyond the "Match Preview" prompt

Description of Issue:  At the point where the game goes to the day's matches, and prompts "Match Preview" rather than "Continue", the game refuses to respond to any attempts to continue, be it clicking on the "Match Preview" button or using the Spacebar shortcut, it will only navigate back to the matches in the competition page if on another page, but no further. As far as I know, there's no way to force the game into the Match Preview or Lineup pages, so as far as I can see, this is a game-breaking bug. Everything should be fully patched and up to date, and while there's some content from outside the official game, such as graphics and name change fixes, there's nothing which I can imagine having such a drastic effect. The Editor is active, however, it's only been used to make all players and staff visible in the search, and check the attributes for a few players who were fog of warred. I am running on Steam with the launch options: --user_data_location="D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020" -small_screen -windowed

The save file has been uploaded to your ownCloud at about 15:19 GMT as "Andorra.fm", thanks for looking, I hope there's something you can do!

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the issue however it doesn't occur on my end. 

Could I ask you to delete your cache and preferences folder (guide below), it may solve the issue. 

And just to double check - you aren't getting any crash dump or error message, no?

2 hours ago, grendel616 said:

BTW, deleting the cache does not solve the issue

Please have a read of the below thread regarding the issue and see if it helps.

This issue should be fixed now on the latest update 20.2.1 on the retail version. Can you give it a go and let us know how you get on, please? Thanks.