Loaning players to clubs to make money

Never played this game in years so bare with... Loaning out a player asking 100% of wage is payed but I want a fee to loan him out!! I thought that that was the "Monthly pay fee" until I noticed the board where unhappy about this and then discovered that it is in fact my club paying the loaning club.. Baffled

Never played since FM 15 so properly out of touch with it

It's not that common to loan players out and expect the other club to pay a fee ontop of salary wages.   Sometimes its hard enough as it is to get clubs to pay the salary wages much less a fee as well.

It depends on the club competition level you're trying to loan out to.  If for example you're trying to loan out a 20 year old striker who is ready for Premier League level soccer, to a Championship team who is on the bottom half of the table, you may be able to get them to pay a fee ontop of the salary wages but don't expect it.  Problem is, you aren't doing that player any favors by doing that and will probably seriously hamper his development.

Edited by extremeskins04

Wait im just learning this to I always thought those options meant I make money ? so both those options means im paying the club wanting to loan my player and a wage. for years I thought it meant I get paid for them. how does this work now im so lost. 

Could you post a pic of this? If you don't pay full wages then you are paying money, just not the player's full wage. The loan fee is what you are charging. It will tell you in the transfer history as to how much you will get over the duration of the loan. I think the potential to make lots of money through loan deals has been toned down over the last couple of FMs. 

• 4 months later...
On 07/12/2019 at 01:04, Spurs08 said:

A very, very rough rule for the monthly loan fee is value/50, so if he's worth substantially more than £15m the board may justifiably feel you could've got a better fee. If not, it's probably a bug.

Could you show some screenshots of this in action please? To players of value of more than a million (therefore roughly 500k a month) . I have NEVER EVER received more than 300k for any value of player, this statement or rough rule is a very odd thing to say in my opinion. I am talking wonder kids worth 18 million I am loaning out, still lucky if I get 250k a month after offering him everywhere under than sun. 

Edited by Danielfc

On 10/04/2020 at 16:26, OuvinteA said:

Where can I see the amount my club is receiving for the Loan deals??

Cant find it on Finances / Income (FM 2019)

I think I found it... but still dont know where the $$$ enters in the Income window.

Transfers > Loans > right click on columns > insert Column > Transfer > Transfer Fees Recieved