Anyone doing a Reading FC save?

I’m not going to get the game until a couple of weeks (too much work on) but when I do I’m planning on starting a Reading FC save

Anyone here doing one? If so any tips for tactics? I’d like to replicate the 3 at the back formation but no idea if it works in FM20?

interested to hear your stories 👍🏻

I am currently managing as Reading, finished 11th in the first season, struggling in the next season. The board do not provide any funds and there are a lot of deadwood that you cannot get off the wage bill e.g Aluko, Baldock. Managed to get Olise playing well and regularly playing just behind the striker. Sold Puscas for 7 million the board gave me 500k to add to the transfer budget, sold Liam Moore for 15 million and the board gave me 1.1 million. it's a slog but you don't want it too easy!

no doubt a 5 at the back with wing backs suits the players but I couldn't get it too click, used a diamond for the first season, with Omar Richards as an out and out wing back and he was my main threat.

Edited by Barnetfan

1 hour ago, Barnetfan said:

I am currently managing as Reading, finished 11th in the first season, struggling in the next season. The board do not provide any funds and there are a lot of deadwood that you cannot get off the wage bill e.g Aluko, Baldock. Managed to get Olise playing well and regularly playing just behind the striker. Sold Puscas for 7 million the board gave me 500k to add to the transfer budget, sold Liam Moore for 15 million and the board gave me 1.1 million. it's a slog but you don't want it too easy!

no doubt a 5 at the back with wing backs suits the players but I couldn't get it too click, used a diamond for the first season, with Omar Richards as an out and out wing back and he was my main threat.

Nice one - I’d like to think the youth coming through would be enough to build on - it’s Interesting to hear no funds get released when you sell ☹️

is Ejaria as good in the game as he is in real life?

Just now, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Nice one - I’d like to think the youth coming through would be enough to build on - it’s Interesting to hear no funds get released when you sell ☹️

is Ejaria as good in the game as he is in real life?

The challenge of a tough board appeals. Impossible for Ejaria to be as good as real life :lol:

3 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

The challenge of a tough board appeals. Impossible for Ejaria to be as good as real life :lol:

He shat it in Scotland started nice then lost all confidence and became terrible. Glad to hear he is doing better closer to home. 

Sacked whilst one place above the relegation places in November, only 4 pints from 12th, they wanted a mid table finish which i'm sure I would of delivered on.

Ejaria didn't set the world alight and I started to lean on Olise more so as he was top of training every month and was developing nicely.

Shame as I was enjoying the save and had got a team to fit my style just wasn't afforded the time. So hard to score goals in this FM in my view.

Edited by Barnetfan

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 03:08, Gross_Ballon said:

He shat it in Scotland started nice then lost all confidence and became terrible. Glad to hear he is doing better closer to home. 

He started slowly last year on loan but came good, this year he has gone to another level - very much a confidence player and he has plenty of that now.

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 14:02, Barnetfan said:

Sacked whilst one place above the relegation places in November, only 4 pints from 12th, they wanted a mid table finish which i'm sure I would of delivered on.

Very harsh indeed!

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 23:13, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

😁 He’s a class act

keep us updated when you start your save 👍🏻

Will do (in the EFL thread).