Sports Interactive Community
ajw10

Preferences aren't being saved

I choose to have the game on windowed mode with smaller text. Since the update game doesn't remember this so the game loads in full screen with bigger text, which is really frustrating.

Would your settings stay the same if you adjust the setting again then re-launch the game?

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

Hi @Jimmy Wong

From reading threads today it seems a lot of us are having this same issue since the update a few days ago. When you open the game you can get straight back into the preferences and change to windowed and change your zoom settings and it will stay in tact until you next close the game down. Whenever you next open the game it takes you straight back to full screen and full zoom.

It doesn't seem to be affecting any of the other preferences (I.E. autosaving, cacheing etc..) it's just the screen size and zoom settings that it seems to be forgetting every time you open the game

7 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Would your settings stay the same if you adjust the setting again then re-launch the game?

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

No, they never save.

6 hours ago, cameronlaws said:

Hi @Jimmy Wong

From reading threads today it seems a lot of us are having this same issue since the update a few days ago. When you open the game you can get straight back into the preferences and change to windowed and change your zoom settings and it will stay in tact until you next close the game down. Whenever you next open the game it takes you straight back to full screen and full zoom.

It doesn't seem to be affecting any of the other preferences (I.E. autosaving, cacheing etc..) it's just the screen size and zoom settings that it seems to be forgetting every time you open the game

This is correct

Until we get a fix for this one thing you can do in Steam

Right click Football Manager 2020 -> Properties -> Set Launch Options -> add:

--windowed

Ok (note two hyphens is important)

that will force the game to launch in windowed mode every time.

Hi everyone, would you all be able to let us know what settings did you change in the Preferences (i.e. what resolution - Windowed, The zoom %)

Also would you be able to attach your Dxdiag so we can check if there is a pattern for the cause of this issue, please? 

Hi @Jimmy Wong

Dxdiag attached - Normally the game opens up at full screen and standard 100% zoom, I change mine to Windowed and 95% zoom, no other changes

For me this isn't a major issue and i can happily wait for another upgrade for it to be fixed, it isn't affecting gameplay in anyway and only takes a few seconds to fix each time

Thanks!

DxDiag.txt

Glad it's not just me with this issue, I thought it was something I was doing incorrectly!

I just changed my preferences to windowed mode, I didn't change the zoom or anything.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:10, cameronlaws said:

Hi @Jimmy Wong

Dxdiag attached - Normally the game opens up at full screen and standard 100% zoom, I change mine to Windowed and 95% zoom, no other changes

For me this isn't a major issue and i can happily wait for another upgrade for it to be fixed, it isn't affecting gameplay in anyway and only takes a few seconds to fix each time

Thanks!

DxDiag.txt 71.52 kB · 1 download

Thanks for that Cameron, I'll pass this on and let you know how we get on.

Apologies for the inconveince in the meantime.