Sports Interactive Community
django_z

Still 1 star, fuzzy graphics after 20.2.0 update (screenshots)

I've had this problem since I bought the game a week or so ago. None of the updates seem to affect it. I've also tried different skins, and I've cleared my cache multiple times, including after downloading the most recent update. 

It says I have 1 star for graphics, but I've never had so few stars on previous FMs on this same computer. And if you look at my screenshots, you can see that the graphics look very sharp and clear if I go to windowed mode and make the window about 65% of my screen width. Anything wider than that, including Full Screen mode and the players are pixelated and the signs are hard to read, etc.

I can narrow and widen the windowed mode back and forth and the graphics pop from crystal clear to fuzzy and back over and over.

I'm happy to include any more info if it would be helpful.

My computer:
iMac 27"

i7 2.93 GHz

Radeon HD 5750

The 70% of my screen and 65% of my screen screenshots were taken at the same point in the same match. 

70.png

65.png

Hey, this will be because making your screen smaller will mean the resolution being displayed isn't as stretched.

I assume you're on low graphics quality which lowers the resolution output, medium would look better but may run slower on your machine. Worth trying though.

This is on medium quality and it runs smoothly regardless of the size of the window. 

I'm a little confused by your response. Are you saying that medium quality is only capable of showing about 1600x1300 resolution and not fullscreen (2560x1440 on my computer)?

I've never had this issue with any previous version of FM. I've always just played them fullscreen, but because I was having problems with this year's edition I started playing around with different configurations. Also, I was getting 5 star graphic quality rating on previous version and now it's saying 1 star for FM 2020. Pretty sure something isn't right here. 

The graphical star rating is a just a recommendation based on the benchmarking and doesn't affect actual performance. Could you attach your system information file for us to have a look at?

I understand about the star rating, just thought it might be a clue to what was going on and I have seen others mentioning it.

System info file attached. Thanks for taking a look. 

Django_Mac.spx

Can you tell me which version of macOS you are running?

I'm asking cause on Catalina I had many problems with the game such as freezing, sticking etc and I install on a partition the Mojave and the game running smoothly.

I'm on High Sierra. 

I haven't had any sticking or freezing issues, it runs smoothly, it's just being weird about the resolution. 

Installed 20.2.3 today, cleared the cache, reloaded the skin, etc.  - still have the same issue.

Looks absolutely awful in fullscreen and crystal clear if I go to window mode and shrink it down to 65% of my screen.

Any idea, SI? Anyone working on it?

I have this same problem with my Mac and an Ultrawide resolution. In fullscreen the matches and the coach at the start screen are completely pixelated (anything with 3d). If I go to window mode and shrink to about 70% it suddenly appears sharp and normal. It started with FM 19 and has never been fixed. No problem with 18 ou 16.