Sports Interactive Community
pontaruff

Crazy amount of shots taken.

Hello guys. Thanks for the improvements in the new patch.

I feel like the amount of shoots taken is ridiculous in FM20. Take a look at my last 3 games. 48 shots taken against Amiens  how is that even possible, thats more than 1 shoot every 2 minutes. 31 shoots against Juventus is also very unrealistic for any team in the world to get. With this many shoots taken I understand why the 1 on 1 have to be so weak. Sorry if I sound whiny but I just feel like this makes the game very unrealistic comparing to the real world of football.

Skärmavbild 2019-12-03 kl. 23.32.19.pngSkärmavbild 2019-12-03 kl. 23.33.07.png

Skärmavbild 2019-12-03 kl. 23.32.56.png

Edited by pontaruff

I think it's been improved slightly from last year - however, the match engine seems to be built such that players will shoot more even if you give them instructions to not do so (assume if they don't have any options, they'd prefer to shoot?).  According to this year's premier league stats, even the top teams only average 16-20 shots per game, and 6-7 shots on target per game.  So perhaps the shooting and AI behavior with the ball needs to be toned down?

Sources:

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/total_scoring_att?se=274

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/ontarget_scoring_att

I feel that making it harder to create chances and the players better at scoring would make the game much more. Right now they shoot very much and very bad, just look at my pictures. Take the Amiens game for ecsample 48 shoots taken and of those 48 only 19 hitting the target. 

Edited by pontaruff

17 hours ago, pontaruff said:

Hello guys. Thanks for the improvements in the new patch.

I feel like the amount of shoots taken is ridiculous in FM20. Take a look at my last 3 games. 48 shots taken against Amiens  how is that even possible, thats more than 1 shoot every 2 minutes. 31 shoots against Juventus is also very unrealistic for any team in the world to get. With this many shoots taken I understand why the 1 on 1 have to be so weak. Sorry if I sound whiny but I just feel like this makes the game very unrealistic comparing to the real world of football.

Thanks for recognising the improvments. Teams can end matches with a high number of shots for various reasons, most often it was the opposition playing too defensively. We have addressed these in the update but if you are seeing this happen then we would like to review a PKM.

It is worth remembering our shot total includes Blocked Shots which aren't always included in all real life post game stats.

14 dakika önce, CJ Ramson said:

Thanks for recognising the improvments. Teams can end matches with a high number of shots for various reasons, most often it was the opposition playing too defensively. We have addressed these in the update but if you are seeing this happen then we would like to review a PKM.

It is worth remembering our shot total includes Blocked Shots which aren't always included in all post game stats.

Here is referring real life or FM?

1 minute ago, akinozcan said:

Here is referring real life or FM?

Real Life, will edit the post to make it clearer.

18 hours ago, pontaruff said:

Can I ask what mentality you play? Attacking?

21 minutes ago, pontaruff said:

Yes Attacking.

PLay with positive with max three attack duties, it should make your shots stats more realistic. And use attacking only when you need to score in second half.

6 hours ago, CJ Ramson said:

It is worth remembering our shot total includes Blocked Shots which aren't always included in all real life post game stats.

Cj Ramson here you have the game with most amount of shoots.

Lyon mot Amiens SC.pkm

Edited by pontaruff

Thank you both for your input.

We are aware that our shots have gone up again after previously having them more accurate in previous match engines.

We will again work to find a better balance and to make the game more enjoyable for you.

Thanks

Jemal