[WIP] [FM20] England down to Level 11

8 minutes ago, Ivs said:

Sounds promising, but why PPG is set for future seasons, too? It should be applied for this season or just for the next one because of the voiding of 2019/20 season. Did I get wrong?

Furthermore, two more questions:

- Did you manage to set PPG for National League North & South relegation spots, too?

- How did you eventually set promotions and relegations from and to level 8?

Because there will be 12 automatic relegation places from the regional premier divisions + 2 more from PPG. (1 for the 1st season only).  (3 from each division automatically) and 14 promotion places from regional 1st divisions.

Yes PPG for national league north/south is set but is only needed for the 1st season due to 1 less team being relegated.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minuti fa, lionel messi ha scritto:

Because there will be 12 automatic relegation places from the regional premier divisions + 2 more from PPG. (1 for the 1st season only).  (3 from each division automatically) and 14 promotion places from regional 1st divisions.

Yes PPG for national league north/south is set but is only needed for the 1st season due to 1 less team being relegated.

So, you set an extra relegation spot at level 7 (3 instead of 2) + PPG. But if you correctly set PPG at level 6 for 1st season, the number of teams at level 7 will be wrong.

I'm just trying to reason with numbers: in 2019/20 season there are 88 teams at level 7. 8 teams get promoted to level 6, while 3 teams get relegated from level 6 (1 team reprieved with the PPG ratio). The number is 83. 9 clubs get relegated from level 7 (2 teams for each league + 1 team using the PPG ratio), while 14 teams get promoted from level 8. Total number of requested teams at level 7 is rightly 88.

If you set an extra relegation spot at level 7, such calculation provides 84 teams, not 88. Is my logic correct?

Furthermore, how do you set relegation at level 8? I suppose that you had no luck in setting the extra 8th division, but have you been able to set the relegation play-offs at this level?

Forgive me for all these questions, but I would like to see a very realistic English database down to level 8. So I like to discuss about how we can try to make an almost perfect simulation.

Edited by Ivs

6 minutes ago, Ivs said:

So, you set an extra relegation spot at level 7 (3 instead of 2) + PPG. But if you correctly set PPG at level 6 for 1st season, the number of teams at level 7 will be wrong.

I'm just trying to reason with numbers: in 2019/20 season there are 88 teams at level 7. 8 teams get promoted to level 6, while 3 teams get relegated from level 6 (1 team reprieved with the PPG ratio). The number is 83. 9 clubs get relegated from level 7 (2 teams for each league + 1 team using the PPG ratio), while 14 teams get promoted from level 8. Total number of requested teams at level 7 is rightly 88.

If you set an extra relegation spot at level 7, such calculation provides 84 teams, not 88. Is my logic correct?

Furthermore, how do you set relegation at level 8? I suppose that you had no luck in set the extra future division, but have you been able to set the relegation play-offs at this level?

Forgive me for all these questions, but I would like to see a very realistic English database down to level 8. So I like to discuss about how we can try to make an almost perfect simulation.

All leagues will have the same number of teams after the 1st season apart from league 1 which reverts back to 24 teams, that is why there is 1 less team getting relegated from each level to accommodate for it in the 1st season.

National League North/South - 3 relegated from each division + 1 relegated on PPG. 7 relegated in total.          2020-21- 4 relegated from each division. 8 relegated in total.

Regional Premier Divisions -     2 promoted from each division. (1 via playoffs) 8 promoted in total.

3 relegated from each division. (1 via PPG) 13 relegated in total.                           2020-21- 3 relegated from each division. (2 via PPG) 14 relegated in total.

Regional 1st Divisions -               2 promoted from each division. (1 via playoffs) 14 promoted in total.

4 relegated from each division apart from southern league division1 south (3 relegated). could not get PPG to work for this level so just chose a league to have  1 less team relegated. 27 relegated in total.                                                                                                                          2020-21- 4 relegated from each division. 28 relegated in total.

County Leagues -                           2 promoted from each division. 28 promoted in total.

Ok, now I see the difference. You set extra relegation spots in first season. It's a way to sort out the system, but not the correct one in my opinion.

Anyway, thank you for the explanation.

45 minutes ago, Ivs said:

Ok, now I see the difference. You set extra relegation spots in first season. It's a way to sort out the system, but not the correct one in my opinion.

Anyway, thank you for the explanation.

The only way you can do the correct one is if you make the national league north/south have 24 teams after the end of the 1st season.

I have tried to do but it just does not work and then you also need to add in the extra division at level 8, then you need to add in extra leagues and reduce some leagues from level 9 & 10 which complecates it even more.

I even tried doing it without adding in the extra league at level 8 but again it failed so thats why i have done it like this, just returning League 1 back to 24 teams for the 2020-21 season.

43 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Does anyone know why the game does not create history for most Level 11 leagues, the file is also not creating history for the southern league premier divisions and i dont understand why its not doing it.

The Southern Premier divisions (Central and South) are essentially new from 2018/19 following the introduction of the 4th tier 7 division.  Obviously before that we had the Southern Premier division but I'm not sure what happens with that league's history - whether it should transfer to one of the new Southern leagues or not.

My save (I'm in 2025/26) has full Southern Central & South history going back to 2018/19;  In terms of tier 11 I'm not sure but you're right - I've just checked North Riding League Premier Division and it's only got 17/18 and 18/19 winners - so for whatever reason the game isn't recording that info.

Edited by andydick

3 hours ago, andydick said:

The Southern Premier divisions (Central and South) are essentially new from 2018/19 following the introduction of the 4th tier 7 division.  Obviously before that we had the Southern Premier division but I'm not sure what happens with that league's history - whether it should transfer to one of the new Southern leagues or not.

My save (I'm in 2025/26) has full Southern Central & South history going back to 2018/19;  In terms of tier 11 I'm not sure but you're right - I've just checked North Riding League Premier Division and it's only got 17/18 and 18/19 winners - so for whatever reason the game isn't recording that info.

Capture.thumb.JPG.168ec05afff476b42fe43df9bd1dcafe.JPG

I dont know if it has something to do with this screen or not, i have the tab automatically add history ticked for all leagues and for both sets off rules. (2019-20) and for (2020-21 onwards).

It does not create history for the southern league premier divisions and only creates history for 5 or 6 of the level 11 leagues.

It creates history for all other leagues & cups so dont know why it is leaving those certain leagues out.

13 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Capture.thumb.JPG.168ec05afff476b42fe43df9bd1dcafe.JPG

I dont know if it has something to do with this screen or not, i have the tab automatically add history ticked for all leagues and for both sets off rules. (2019-20) and for (2020-21 onwards).

It does not create history for the southern league premier divisions and only creates history for 5 or 6 of the level 11 leagues.

It creates history for all other leagues & cups so dont know why it is leaving those certain leagues out.

I now know how to fix it and will set about doing it.

4 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Alot of leagues at level 11 where not creating history for the winners and a couple at level 7 too

What was the fix* I should have said. Any idea on when the new database will be out? I actually did 4 seasons when I downloaded one of your databases a few months back. But I got burned out with playing so might start a new save and take it slower.

12 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

What was the fix* I should have said. Any idea on when the new database will be out? I actually did 4 seasons when I downloaded one of your databases a few months back. But I got burned out with playing so might start a new save and take it slower.

Just adding add history under other stage rules for the leagues.

Should be released in a couple of days.

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

1 less team relegated from league 1 and 1 less team relegated from each level to make the numbers work for the 2nd season.

tks lad i asked coz i read this  24 clubs (currently 23) – 3 promotions, 4 relegations and though it applied for all seasons lol ... also small question to download i click on League & Data Updates2.fmf ?? 

also well done on your work hopefully once i finish my current save i l give it a go

1 hour ago, rymufc77 said:

tks lad i asked coz i read this  24 clubs (currently 23) – 3 promotions, 4 relegations and though it applied for all seasons lol ... also small question to download i click on League & Data Updates2.fmf ?? 

also well done on your work hopefully once i finish my current save i l give it a go

The file to download the database is on the 1st page of this thread. However, I would wait a few more hours or maybe a day or so, until Messi releases a new UPDATE for the database. It will be almost identical to the one you can get right now from page 1 of this thread.

However, there will be a few small changes and fixes which make the game structure a little bit more true to the reality of the football pyramid.

Edited by Big D Man

1 hour ago, Big D Man said:

The file to download the database is on the 1st page of this thread. However, I would wait a few more hours or maybe a day or so, until Messi releases a new UPDATE for the database. It will be almost identical to the one you can get right now from page 1 of this thread.

However, there will be a few small changes and fixes which make the game structure a little bit more true to the reality of the football pyramid.

Ok lad thanks ... sure ill wait I still need to finish my save haha.... by page 1 you mean the file in the intro right where all the leagues are mentioned ?

2 hours ago, rymufc77 said:

Ok lad thanks ... sure ill wait I still need to finish my save haha.... by page 1 you mean the file in the intro right where all the leagues are mentioned ?

Yes my man. The first ever post basically by Messi. At the bottom of his first post. When the new database is ready it will change where it says "Edited on xxxxx" date.

image.thumb.png.632cd3be8e0612c4e516aa4bcc27d6cb.png

Edited by Big D Man

1 hour ago, Big D Man said:

Yes my man. The first ever post basically by Messi. At the bottom of his first post. When the new database is ready it will change where it says "Edited on xxxxx" date.

image.thumb.png.632cd3be8e0612c4e516aa4bcc27d6cb.png

Thanks Lad..... Really appreciate the help. I also like the fact how detailed this database is coz the one by the FM EDITOR which most people uses still has 23 teams in league 1 which for me I don't find it realistically.

13 hours ago, oohlala111 said:

really looking forward to the release so I can give it a go with the mighty Bucks :)

Are you from Buxton? I don't live too far from there myself really. I live In Sheffield. Been to Buxton Opera House a few times then they have different comedians/performers there.

On 07/06/2020 at 11:40, Big D Man said:

Any chance this database will come out today Messi? Wouldn't mind having a go later on.

Not got much else going off haha.

Sorry its taking me a little longer than expected to fix the issue, i have got them all working now except the southern league premier central which is creating the league winners twice in the 1st season.

Hoping to have it fixed soon.

Edited by lionel messi

6 hours ago, Big D Man said:

Are you from Buxton? I don't live too far from there myself really. I live In Sheffield. Been to Buxton Opera House a few times then they have different comedians/performers there.

I am, yes :) been to the opera house a few times as you might expect, really brilliant architecture and they do get some great performers in. sheffield is very close, although I've only been once or twice for concerts myself

4 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Sorry its taking me a little longer than expected to fix the issue, i have got them all working now except the southern league premier central which is creating the league winners twice in the 1st season.

Hoping to have it fixed soon.

don't worry - no immediate rush, better to have a fully working database that takes longer than a rushed, dodgy one :) 

2 hours ago, oohlala111 said:

I am, yes :) been to the opera house a few times as you might expect, really brilliant architecture and they do get some great performers in. sheffield is very close, although I've only been once or twice for concerts myself

don't worry - no immediate rush, better to have a fully working database that takes longer than a rushed, dodgy one :) 

Its working fine, the only problem is its creating the southern league premier central winners twice on history in the 1st season.

Hiya, I'm new to this downloading stuff but thought this looked amazing, so sorry if this seems a really stupid and basic question.

Once I've clicked on the link on the first post, how do I then get it to my game?

I'm not brilliant on computers so I'm sure this is a fairly daft question

Thanks for any help

1 hour ago, bambi holt said:

Hiya, I'm new to this downloading stuff but thought this looked amazing, so sorry if this seems a really stupid and basic question.

Once I've clicked on the link on the first post, how do I then get it to my game?

I'm not brilliant on computers so I'm sure this is a fairly daft question

Thanks for any help

Once you've downloaded the file you need to move it to your editor data folder, which - assuming you're on Windows - can be found at C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\editor data where XXX is your personal username.

Once that's done you need to start a new career game; in the top right corner there should be a dropdown menu with 20.4.0 Update written on it. If you click on that it'll bring up a list of all the files in your editor data folder - make sure that the file you've placed in the editor data folder is visible in that list and has a checkmark next to it. After that just click on 'Advanced Setup' and you can set up the game as you normally would from this point.

17 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Once you've downloaded the file you need to move it to your editor data folder, which - assuming you're on Windows - can be found at C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\editor data where XXX is your personal username.

Once that's done you need to start a new career game; in the top right corner there should be a dropdown menu with 20.4.0 Update written on it. If you click on that it'll bring up a list of all the files in your editor data folder - make sure that the file you've placed in the editor data folder is visible in that list and has a checkmark next to it. After that just click on 'Advanced Setup' and you can set up the game as you normally would from this point.

Thank you very much

2 hours ago, Big D Man said:

Any joy?

I think i have managed to fix the issue but i have noticed also that teams are not creating history on their league position.

Im currently fixing it, done down to Level 9 so far.

Sorry its taking a bit longer to sort things out but i thought you guys would like everything fixed before releasing.

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I think i have managed to fix the issue but i have noticed also that teams are not creating history on their league position.

Im currently fixing it, done down to Level 9 so far.

Sorry its taking a bit longer to sort things out but i thought you guys would like everything fixed before releasing.

You make the most comprehensive and realistic (rules-wise) databases every year. You don't have to apologise for anything.

I don't have a clue about how the FM database works, wish I did though. If I did I would happily help you.

On 11/06/2020 at 23:00, Big D Man said:

You make the most comprehensive and realistic (rules-wise) databases every year. You don't have to apologise for anything.

I don't have a clue about how the FM database works, wish I did though. If I did I would happily help you.

Im about half way through level 11 now so not too much more to do before testing.

On 05/06/2020 at 05:36, Alex Plays FM said:

This Database is amazing! Does anyone have a badge pack to go with it? 

Many thanks, 

Alex 

I literally spent hours and hours making a logo pack for this DB its linkjed in a earlier page in this thread. @lionel messi should allude to it in the OP

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

New file here & also in 1st post.

League & Data Updates.fmf 1.25 MB · 3 downloads

Thanks lad for your hard work

small thing i started with a tier 10 club and when i click on the player search to get players since the club has no players when i tick realistic transfers for a reason its still showing the big boys like messi neymar mbappe etc .... any ideas @lionel messi

Edited by rymufc77

2 hours ago, rymufc77 said:

Thanks lad for your hard work

small thing i started with a tier 10 club and when i click on the player search to get players since the club has no players when i tick realistic transfers for a reason its still showing the big boys like messi neymar mbappe etc .... any ideas @lionel messi

You can add players to playable teams when you start the game.