[WIP] [FM20] England down to Level 11

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I realize that but im just trying to do next seasons structure so that the correct numbers return to sky bet league 1 & national league north/south have 24 teams in them.

You can have 24 clubs in League One for this season.

They may postpone the restructuring for a season so the National North/South might remain at 22 clubs.

Wait until this season finishes first and then we’ll get news about next season.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 ore fa, lionel messi ha scritto:

I think i have next seasons structure currently working all the way down to Level 8.

Does this mean that you created correct leagues structure for both 2019/20 and 2020/21 season down to level 8 as planned before the outbreak?

Any chance to have a look at it and maybe do some testing?

27 minutes ago, Ivs said:

Does this mean that you created correct leagues structure for both 2019/20 and 2020/21 season down to level 8 as planned before the outbreak?

Any chance to have a look at it and maybe do some testing?

I have but it wont work until the rest of the leagues are done.

Im having a little trouble between Level 9 & 10

Does this mean you've managed to get the new Northern League Div 1 North in place for 20/21? - I've been tearing what little hair I have left out to try and get it to populate properly (I get the requisite 160 teams at level 8 but can't get any to go into the new division, I'm missing something obvious I expect as I had hoped it would allocate on the basis of location and the competition boundaries)

34 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Does this mean you've managed to get the new Northern League Div 1 North in place for 20/21? - I've been tearing what little hair I have left out to try and get it to populate properly (I get the requisite 160 teams at level 8 but can't get any to go into the new division, I'm missing something obvious I expect as I had hoped it would allocate on the basis of location and the competition boundaries)

I think so because when i verify rules it goes all the way down to relegation/promotion from county leagues to level 10 divisions which i am having a little bit of bother with trying to get right.

I have not set any competition boundaries in the advanced editor only in the basic editor.

Have you set the rules for the county leagues both for this season and for the following season?

I also noticed that the FA Cup, FA Trophy, FA Vase finals (and the semi final for the FA Cup) are all played from the home team's stadium and not from Wembley.

Is there any way to fix this in game, or with some sort of editor? I must have restarted the same level 11 save about 3 times now :(

23 minutes ago, Big D Man said:

I also noticed that the FA Cup, FA Trophy, FA Vase finals (and the semi final for the FA Cup) are all played from the home team's stadium and not from Wembley.

Is there any way to fix this in game, or with some sort of editor? I must have restarted the same level 11 save about 3 times now :(

I will have a look when i get time but the last time i checked they were all set to wembley..

17 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I will have a look when i get time but the last time i checked they were all set to wembley..

I can see that they are set to "home" rather than "national".

Did you create your own version of the FA Cup because there's one in the game editor which is called "FA Cup (2019)". That is set to "National Stadium" for final. But then there is another FA Cup which is set to "home" for the semi final and finals.

Same goes for FA Trophy. There is one in the editor which looks correct, but then there is another FA Trophy which is set to "home" for the  final.

If this is indeed a mistake, then is it possible to fix without restarting the save?

Also, if I do have to restart, is it worthwhile to use the 20.4 database instead of the default one?

image.thumb.png.94390dc3e6299bf4173548be22a7e6a6.png

image.thumb.png.bd01c77412db47f77ff7f750b397003a.png

image.thumb.png.12eb98f6585a85a0ecb5fe462c38053a.png

Edited by Big D Man

Good morning/evening/afternoon/night (pick your right one)

One question: If I donwload this file and I use it just 'till Level 8 or 9, is st stable and complete?

If not, what does it lack? What problems has it?

Thank you in advance

6 hours ago, Big D Man said:

I can see that they are set to "home" rather than "national".

Did you create your own version of the FA Cup because there's one in the game editor which is called "FA Cup (2019)". That is set to "National Stadium" for final. But then there is another FA Cup which is set to "home" for the semi final and finals.

Same goes for FA Trophy. There is one in the editor which looks correct, but then there is another FA Trophy which is set to "home" for the  final.

If this is indeed a mistake, then is it possible to fix without restarting the save?

Also, if I do have to restart, is it worthwhile to use the 20.4 database instead of the default one?

image.thumb.png.94390dc3e6299bf4173548be22a7e6a6.png

image.thumb.png.bd01c77412db47f77ff7f750b397003a.png

image.thumb.png.12eb98f6585a85a0ecb5fe462c38053a.png

Having had a look at it i think your right, i will fix it a.s.a.p.

I dont know why it changed but maybe it was when i converted the file to advanced rules, its the same for the local cups too.

Give me a couple of hours and i will release a fix.

5 hours ago, Tihinen said:

Good morning/evening/afternoon/night (pick your right one)

One question: If I donwload this file and I use it just 'till Level 8 or 9, is st stable and complete?

If not, what does it lack? What problems has it?

Thank you in advance

Just fixing a issue with the cup finals not being played at wembley.

11 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Yes i have nearly done it.

Just fixing a few other little things.

Im not sure you will be able to get into your save or not.

I might start a new save then....I'll be working from home for the foreseeable future anyway!

6 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Does anyone know what this means?Capture3.thumb.JPG.f7a1657c7c5b2ccd5b1cc536d764d430.JPG

Looks like a bug raise it in the Editor bug forums.

2 hours ago, Andrew Price said:

Doesnt matter this is a database based on a world where Covid 19 isnt a thing so all the teams are in the right places and will use the previously agree'd upon porm/rele structure.

Would like to start a proper lower league save on this. I'm local to the Midlands and I've noticed that the players for the teams in the Midland Premier League and below are the same that were in last years edition or this (or something similar). Is there a way to update these or would I be stuck with out of date players?

13 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

Would like to start a proper lower league save on this. I'm local to the Midlands and I've noticed that the players for the teams in the Midland Premier League and below are the same that were in last years edition or this (or something similar). Is there a way to update these or would I be stuck with out of date players?

I havent changed any players its whats in the database from the beginning of the game.

1 hour ago, potbellypigs said:

Ok, thanks. Is it all good to start a level 10 game? Not going to do 2 season and end up with no fixtures or anything like that? Good work on it too.

Yeah think all is good.

I tested it for 2 seaons and there was no problems.

Do your own test for longer if you want just to make sure.

9 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Yeah think all is good.

I tested it for 2 seaons and there was no problems.

Do your own test for longer if you want just to make sure.

Please tell me, this update includes Level 11 and FA Cup, FA Vase and League Cups?

It would need alot of config file code changed around. Mind numbing to say the least and also sometimes hard to tell the club apart from the badge. im uploading it to zippyshare now ill PM you

6 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

It would need alot of config file code changed around. Mind numbing to say the least and also sometimes hard to tell the club apart from the badge. im uploading it to zippyshare now ill PM you

u do know u can use the logos and kits from fm19

23 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Because in theory all could enter if they wanted to.

This is from the Essex Senior League website:

Clubs must have a ground which fully conforms to a “H” grade of The FA National Ground Grading (appropriate to Step 6 of The FA National League System) or higher.

All grounds at Step 7 aren’t at that grade which is why all don’t enter.

Edited by FCUtdWill

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

There is no minimum ground capacity at that level.

There isn’t one at Steps 5 and 6 either, it’s only at Step 4 and above there is one.

Most of Step 7 grounds are park pitches with a barrier around the pitch.

Only 47 clubs out of 746 at Step 7 applied this season.

@lionel messi did you manage to solve the issue with your latest update? Did you validate the rules?

Another question: could you change the Isthmian League Cup format in order to reflect the real life structure? It now has a regionally-based group stage before the knockout stages. If you need info, feel free to ask me.

Edited by Ivs

Looking at it from a 2019/20 Isthmian step 7 perspective, I've just run a couple of quick seasons through, one using this update and the other Dan's version.

This update looks good re the promotion but the relegation isn't right.  I seem to have 3 going down from each step 7 division plus 2 extra based on play-offs.  In reality only 2 should go down per division plus the 2 worst third bottom sides when using PPG.  So, 10 teams in total should be relegated from step 7.  If PPG isn't something that's available then a play-off is the next best thing.  All in all, step 7 gains and loses 18 teams at the end of 2019/20; It gains 4 from step 6 relegation and 14 from step 8 promotion.  It promotes 8 to step 6 and relegates 10 to step 8.

Dan's version has the same relegation issues but also its promotion is wrong too - it uses some form of cross division play-offs which just doesn't happen in 2019/20.  There was an element of cross-divisonal stuff last season (2018/19) but that was only in the finals as only 6 sides were promoted from step 7 to step 6 - each of the 4 league winners + 2 of the play-off winners.

Edited by andydick

3 hours ago, andydick said:

Looking at it from a 2019/20 Isthmian step 7 perspective, I've just run a couple of quick seasons through, one using this update and the other Dan's version.

This update looks good re the promotion but the relegation isn't right.  I seem to have 3 going down from each step 7 division plus 2 extra based on play-offs.  In reality only 2 should go down per division plus the 2 worst third bottom sides when using PPG.  So, 10 teams in total should be relegated from step 7.  If PPG isn't something that's available then a play-off is the next best thing.  All in all, step 7 gains and loses 18 teams at the end of 2019/20; It gains 4 from step 6 relegation and 14 from step 8 promotion.  It promotes 8 to step 6 and relegates 10 to step 8.

Dan's version has the same relegation issues but also its promotion is wrong too - it uses some form of cross division play-offs which just doesn't happen in 2019/20.  There was an element of cross-divisonal stuff last season (2018/19) but that was only in the finals as only 6 sides were promoted from step 7 to step 6 - each of the 4 league winners + 2 of the play-off winners.

Most of what you outlined is still in the process of being figured out as this DB doesnt account for next years league structure changes.

Ok so i have spent alot of my Lockdown time in the past week adding Competition logos and Club badges for this database with a few stipulations.

https://www46.zippyshare.com/v/UTAsY8Dv/file.html

That link has the .7z containing all comp/club logos aligned with Unique IDs which requires Lionel Messis database being first in the load order.  If you dont know how to install graphics there are plenty of guides on the internet, Its hella simple.

Using this version of the database will ensure it loads first and therefore every single league and club has the right graphic. If for some reason when you add files to the game at game creation and this file is not number one on the list you will need to go open it up in the editor and rename it "1a England Tier 11" Or start the file name with anything else that will ensure it is at the top of the list when you create a save game

image.thumb.png.28531caf831be232dac2d7c02c081335.png

1 England Tier 11.fmf

This is a ALMOST identical version to the one in OP, the only differences are that i have corrected the sponsors at step 3 - 4 (Betvictor instead of Ryman and Evostik) and accidentally left Isle of Man in as a playable team for my own save. I would remove them but it would require changing every single unique ID of the graphics and there is about 800+

There is also a hardcoded issue i ran into when trying to fix the sponsors of two leagues which i had to edit using FMscouts "real name fix" I will attach the edited file here. If you are unaware of how to install the "real name fix" the guide is easily followable on FMscouts website just replace the downloaded "FM20 Club Names by FMScout" with this  FM20 Club Names by FMScout.lnc then Betvictor will be "sponsoring" all leagues at step 3 - 4

If you find any errors/suggestions for the graphical side of this "expansion" on lionel messis work, please PM me.

Edited by ratio1618