Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
sporadicsmiles

[FM20] Catalan League Structure (a fantasy thing)

Recommended Posts

I knocked up a quick database today that I wanted to play. I planned on a Catalan only challenge in a Catalan league using Barcelona B. I figured some people here may also be interested in this, so I will upload it. 

What I have changed.

  • Moved Kazakhstan to Asia.
  • Created the nation of Catalunya from the extinct nation CIS.
  • Moved all clubs and cities that are Catalan to this country (everything under the region Cataluna in Spain, which may or may not be entirely accurate, but suited me to be quick). 
  • All players who were born in Catalunya are given the nationality. Even those nominally declared for other countries. I did a mass edit and did not want to check every single player. 
  • Created A 4 tier system and a domestic cup (see below for pictures). 
  • Barcelona are left in the Spanish leagues. Their B team is moved to Catalunya as an independent side and renamed Barcelona Catalunya. All Catalan players at Barcelona are moved to the new club, all non-Catalans are moved to Barcelona. This is simply because I want to play a save with only Catalan players at the club. All loans at the Catalan club are cancelled too. Barcelona no longer have a B team in the Spanish leagues. 
  • All other teams are added to the league structure, including B teams. These cannot be promoted to the top flight.
  • The Primera Divisio has some pretty generous finances (probably too generous). This is in line with trying to establish the smaller teams as a challenge in the save (otherwise I will find it too easy). 
  • Catalunya play in all European international competitions (except the ongoing European qualifiers, where Kazakhstan have already played). Kazakhstan plays in Asian international competitions.
  • Catalan club sides enter europe, but not in the first season (this could be changed, but it felt more "real" to not have then in the first season). They start with a low ranking, but quickly move up in the test I performed. 
  • I refilled the Spanish leagues by promoting the higher rep sides. I did not take care to respect regional boundaries for this. I assume the leagues more or less sort themselves out after the first season (I did not check). This was not too important for me. Spain still is fully functional. 

League System.

  • Primera Divisio. 16 teams, 2 rounds. 2 team relegated, 1 team in relegation/promotion playoff.
  • Segundo Divisio. 16 teams. 2 rounds. 2 teams promoted. 1 team in promotion playoff. 3 teams relegated. 1 team in relegation playoff.
  • Tercera Divisio. 20 teams. 2 rounds. 3 teams promoted. 1 team in promotion playoff. 3 teams relegated. 1 team in relegation playoff.
  • Quarta Divisio. 20 teams. 2 rounds. 3 teams promoted. 1 team in promotion playoff. 2 teams relegated. 1 team in relegation playoff. 

Some screenshots.

Primera. (Note Barcelona Catalunya are called Barcelona B because I am using a .edt file for names).

primera.thumb.png.36fcbee13c0e8f5a66da9aefae33ed47.png

Segundo.

 segonda.thumb.png.83be0b896bfbb2901a785e9759b8115b.png

Tercera.

tercera.thumb.png.a26fe0f313ce6a254640dab1b47a701a.png

Quarta.

quarto.thumb.png.6d16b435181d21b90d976e9989c9bd06.png

As I said, I made this database purely to set up a save for myself. I cannot imagine I will ever do any updates to it now I have it set up how I like. I figured some people may also want to play it. You can also use it is as a starting point if you want to make your own fantasy league in Catalunya. Be my guest to modify as you want (if you do and release, a little acknowledgement would be nice, but this is kinda freeware, do with it what you want). Sorry if one of these already exists! I did not check carefully before releasing (I do not want to steal anyone's thunder with something so quick and dirty). 

 

Catalunya.fmf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Espanyol fans will not be happy with you. Keeping Barca in the Spanish league and Espanyol out of it?!  :D

It is a good start for someone who wants to add a new nation from the extinct ones and see how the basics works, so very welcome this one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Espanyol fans will not be happy with you. Keeping Barca in the Spanish league and Espanyol out of it?!  :D

They will hate me even more if they knew the reason I made this league was to manage a second version of Barcelona to make them eventually dominate Europe using only Catalan players! :D. But they can be happy I decided to put Espanyol there so I actually had some challenge domestically too! 

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

It is a good start for someone who wants to add a new nation from the extinct ones and see how the basics works, so very welcome this one.

On that note I am more than happy to also let this thread be open for questions for people who are interested in how to do this, or have questions and want to know specifics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job with this database, i played it for 3 seasons with barca b and it was fun but gotta say the league is too easy i dominate it with a bunch of 19 year old's ,the only tough opponent is espanyol and maybe girona , the others you can beat them pretty easily home and away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, medouni13 said:

Great job with this database, i played it for 3 seasons with barca b and it was fun but gotta say the league is too easy i dominate it with a bunch of 19 year old's ,the only tough opponent is espanyol and maybe girona , the others you can beat them pretty easily home and away

Yeah your challenge here is to establish yourself in Europe and try to drag the country up with you. It is a long term thing. When I was playing it, I had a catalan only rule for my signings too, which made it harder to improve at the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woow great database. Im note sure, but would it been possible to create a new nation BeNeLux out of Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg? Also with a National Team and competions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AFCA90 said:

Woow great database. Im note sure, but would it been possible to create a new nation BeNeLux out of Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg? Also with a National Team and competions?

It would, but you have to think about what you are going to do with the national sides of each individual country, and the continental qualifiers. At some point I was playing with this to try and keep the countries intact but having a joint league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

It would, but you have to think about what you are going to do with the national sides of each individual country, and the continental qualifiers. At some point I was playing with this to try and keep the countries intact but having a joint league. 

So it´s not possible to delete Nethederlands, Belgium and Luxembourg and create the BeNeLux country instead? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AFCA90 said:

So it´s not possible to delete Nethederlands, Belgium and Luxembourg and create the BeNeLux country instead? 

It would mess up the qualification system. You need to have the right number of countries. So if you wanted to combine 3 countries into one you would have to either create 2 countries to replace them, or rework all the international competitions. For this file I moved Kazakhstan to Asia (as the Asian system can handle an extra team) and replaced them with Catalunya. It is not impossible to do this, but you need to think carefully about how you want to do everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

It would mess up the qualification system. You need to have the right number of countries. So if you wanted to combine 3 countries into one you would have to either create 2 countries to replace them, or rework all the international competitions. For this file I moved Kazakhstan to Asia (as the Asian system can handle an extra team) and replaced them with Catalunya. It is not impossible to do this, but you need to think carefully about how you want to do everything. 

I understand. I cant edit myself but I was curious because a few editions back I was able to use such a database that someone had created. Thanks for your reply:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...