Sports Interactive Community
qwdqwqdqwdqqwdqwdqwd

Still multiple missed 1v1s. Still forwards refusing to square it and taking the shot instead.

4 минуты назад, divyanshupotter сказал:

Just came on to check if its just me getting tired of this ME. haven't noticed many positive changes - wide players have been a bit better in shot selection but wont pass into space specifically to Strikers (maybe cause they know keeper would save it as it'll be one on one)

Last Game - Napoli v Torino (2026) none of the 6 one on ones in a single game found back of the net, it is just rock bottom for me. (oppo Keeper's CA - 112, PA - 124 while my Newgen - CA - 164, PA - 181)

Also AI seems to be scoring more from set Pieces all of a sudden(3 games in a row) but that might be just my Defence.

Cant continue till its fixed. 

I've noticed AI scoring a lot against my team from set pieces too since the last update. The funny thing is that they score at the end of the game making me frustrating. Can't continue too :(

6 minutes ago, ~RosT~ said:

I've noticed AI scoring a lot against my team from set pieces too since the last update. The funny thing is that they score at the end of the game making me frustrating. Can't continue too :(

Exactly mine in the last game - 84th min freekick - 40 yard out. my CB with height of 193 was there just for the views it seems. similar timeline for other couple of game i mentioned. and theres just no chance of coming back from it cause every keeper is schmeichel of 99'

Edited by divyanshupotter

Another game where my win seems more down to finishing problem in this ME rather than my tactics or players. Sure some of United's chances probably shouldn't have been created if the defender's reactions against through balls in this ME were better but still, finishing seems to be just as much a problem as defence.

One really bad 'shooting right at keeper' moment for which i am making this comment happened at the end of 59th minute. It could be one-off thing since moments like that can happen irl but it could just as well be part of the finishing problem in this patch.

Bolton v Man Utd.pkm

Edited by witchplease

Parking the game until this is improved. Way too many matches revolving around missed one v one's and just too many one v one situations in general. Also, the long balls over the top still prevalent while the CB is rooted to the spot hypnotised by the flight of the ball over his empty head................ 

Edited by janrzm

Cutback passes were improved in last ME patch but still lacking from time to time. Although not a problem as glaring as defence and 1v1s but just witnessed some of the worst instances of it so had to make this comment. 

In 5th and 9th minute, both times the same newgen chose shot over a simple pass. He has 15 teamwork, 16 anticipation and 13 vision-decisions, no ppm that would make him selfish afaik although he did have PI to take fewer risks if that had anything to do here.

cutback1.jpg

cutback2.jpg

Leicester v Bolton.pkm

Edited by witchplease

Thanks for the feedback on this thread. We are continuously working to improve these situations in the Match Engine as it is something that has unfortunately been under represented for a long time on Football Manager.

We need timed PKM's to review and log. Upload the PKM and the times the ball should have been squared, without this there is nothing we can do with your examples.

Thanks for those who have provided this, your examples are now under review.

On 09/12/2019 at 11:25, FCArsenal said:

I had 9 CCC and couldnt score more than once.

20191209132241_1.jpg

Uploading a screenshot to such an extreme match but no PKM does not help us identify the issue

7 hours ago, witchplease said:

Cutback passes were improved in last ME patch but still lacking from time to time. Although not a problem as glaring as defence and 1v1s but just witnessed some of the worst instances of it so had to make this comment. 

cutback1.jpg

Examples like this in the 5th minute (in the future could you please post exact times 4:45 for example) are exactly what we are looking for. Any other examples like this please share with a timed PKM and we will get them logged.

I have logged this Nolan one as it is understandably frustrating.

Yet another week with a unplayable game that was released in November. The lag issue was fixed app. 3 weeks after release, and now this issue making the game unplayable. 

I was thinking of making a new topic on this but then I saw this one..

I just played a game against Real Valladolid with Barça, even though I won the game 9-0 there were plenty of moments I got quite annoyed with how certain situations played out

03:23 - no. 32 should've either squared the ball to no. 12 in the middle or no .9 at the 2nd post. This was a CCC, which imo should've been a HC at most because of the tight angle. 

09:40 - no. 9 misses a CCC which he could/should have squared to either no. 12 or no. 32. 

20:00 - no. 37 crosses the ball to the 2nd post (high, even though I have low crosses as a team instruction) whilst he should've just passed it to no. 12. This was also classed as a CCC, imo this should've been a HC or not even counted as a chance since he's marked and it's a header

45:44 - no. 21 gets his shot counted as a HC whilst it's virtually impossible to score because there's a player about a yard away from him

47:11 - no. 12 misses an easy one on one (he has likes to round keeper and places shot trait)

62:20 - Why is this counted as a HC? The angle is way too tight for him to score from (almost a byline shot)

There's probably some more moments in the game that I could've mentioned but I think the point comes a cross with the moments I mentioned. I tried to give my thoughts on how I see it and how I (probably) would play out these chances irl. 

FC Barcelona v Real Valladolid 9-0.pkm

On 08/12/2019 at 17:17, Chris11Rhodes said:

Been said a million times already but the ME has gone so far backwards this year that it's making me not want to play the game. Matches are just like basketball games where teams go from end to end missing one on ones. Defenders for some reason can't deal with long balls to save their lives. CBs just part like the red sea and watch strikers go through every time (and inevitably hit it straight at the keeper). 

I appreciate that the issue is being worked on and I trust that the guys will be able to fix it and get the game back to it's usual glorious self. I really can't wait for it to be sorted so that I can enjoy the game properly without wanting to throw my laptop out of the window.

At this point I don’t trust them to fix it. £40 and two updates later and the game is still broken. Disgusting

I can concur that the above problems are still occuring despite the patch, the patch has actually made things worse for a lot of aspects. I'm not providing PKM's, there's been thousands already, I ended up finding myself creating a tactic to deal with the following bugs. Yeah, some will say this is a bug forum not whinge forum, but its got to that point, SI shouldn't have released a game so far from being finished, I turned it off 2 days ago but am monitoring the forum's hoping to see a change.

* Balls over the top with defenders slow to react and instructions don't seem to matter.

* Penalties - scoring about 20-30% - way too low

* Decision making from wide players is a disaster, shots from stupid angles into the side netting, lack of crossing, never squaring the ball, I have literally never had a wide player sprint down the side line and cross a ball in.

* One on ones, virtually never score

* Freak GK abilities

* Blatant ignoring of great passing options

* AI seems to be able to play with a different set of tactics and physics, can have a team just turn it on when they like.

Sigh, came here for the same reason. Forgot to save the PKM cuz i ended my game in rage.

Ever since launch i have been trying to get a tactic with wingers going. And everytime i quit because the tactic stops working,

And with quit working i mean the team just colapses all together. Getting 20+ shots on goal, but lose last 10 minutes because they get a chance ... (3 times in a row) followed by 3 0-0 matches.

This is the last time i bought the game on launch. Every edition is getting worse and worse. I had over 2000 hours in FM2009 and only 300 in FM19. Was really hyped for it this year but im fed up with it. Going to wait for the game to be fixed.

Edited by Rednitro

7 hours ago, jden86 said:

I can concur that the above problems are still occuring despite the patch, the patch has actually made things worse for a lot of aspects. I'm not providing PKM's, there's been thousands already, I ended up finding myself creating a tactic to deal with the following bugs. Yeah, some will say this is a bug forum not whinge forum, but its got to that point, SI shouldn't have released a game so far from being finished, I turned it off 2 days ago but am monitoring the forum's hoping to see a change.

* Balls over the top with defenders slow to react and instructions don't seem to matter.

* Penalties - scoring about 20-30% - way too low

* Decision making from wide players is a disaster, shots from stupid angles into the side netting, lack of crossing, never squaring the ball, I have literally never had a wide player sprint down the side line and cross a ball in.

* Freak GK abilities

* Blatant ignoring of great passing options

* AI seems to be able to play with a different set of tactics and physics, can have a team just turn it on when they like.

Same here. These are especially frustrating:

* Freak GK abilities

On 12/12/2019 at 20:27, DenderIV said:

I was thinking of making a new topic on this but then I saw this one..

I just played a game against Real Valladolid with Barça, even though I won the game 9-0 there were plenty of moments I got quite annoyed with how certain situations played out

03:23 - no. 32 should've either squared the ball to no. 12 in the middle or no .9 at the 2nd post. This was a CCC, which imo should've been a HC at most because of the tight angle. 

09:40 - no. 9 misses a CCC which he could/should have squared to either no. 12 or no. 32. 

20:00 - no. 37 crosses the ball to the 2nd post (high, even though I have low crosses as a team instruction) whilst he should've just passed it to no. 12. This was also classed as a CCC, imo this should've been a HC or not even counted as a chance since he's marked and it's a header

45:44 - no. 21 gets his shot counted as a HC whilst it's virtually impossible to score because there's a player about a yard away from him

47:11 - no. 12 misses an easy one on one (he has likes to round keeper and places shot trait)

62:20 - Why is this counted as a HC? The angle is way too tight for him to score from (almost a byline shot)

There's probably some more moments in the game that I could've mentioned but I think the point comes a cross with the moments I mentioned. I tried to give my thoughts on how I see it and how I (probably) would play out these chances irl. 

FC Barcelona v Real Valladolid 9-0.pkm 252.98 kB · 0 downloads

I got some more examples, 

00:12, 26:18, 36:47, 56:26, 67:59, 81:44, 83:59, 84:45

These are only the clear cut chances, 

For the half chances

31:50, 54:00, 65:07, 69:08, 70:08

Three out of the SIXTEEN HC or CCC resulted in a goal (including one penalty). I have no words on how terrible that conversion rate is. 

FC Barcelona v RCD Espanyol.pkm

If I were AI (the green ones), I'd rage quit after this game.

00:39 - 21 should have passed to 10

60:54 - Same

63:47 - Same

87:56 - Same

There are also few missed chances, but I'm not sure if they were "clear cut". Furthermore, you can see my players acting like headless chickens in almost every case here, so there is also that.

GKS Jastrzębie - Odra Opole.pkm

@CJ Ramson

.pkm uploaded from Rangers v PSG with a number of good examples of ME issues:

12.10- PSG attacking throw in the Rangers half to a player totally unmarked
12.55- Rangers 1-1 missed ( saved)
14.56- Rangers 1-1 missed ( saved)
20.00- Rangers 1-1 missed (saved)
22.24- Rangers player through on goal and lobbed gently to the keeper
23.26- Rangers 1-1 missed
50.57 Rangers 1-1 missed
69.02 Rangers 1-1 missed
89.35 PSG 1-1 missed ( saved )- after saving, the Rangers GK lays the ball down on the ground and runs about 5 yards away from it while the ball is still in play.

FrazT-Rangers v Paris SG.pkm

I have been seeing these issues mentioned for the past 2 months, and even during the beta. Please sort it out ASAP. 

1. Players REFUSING to square the ball and instead choosing to shoot from stupid angles.

2. Long balls over the top ALWAYS leading to dangerous attacking chances, no matter what the defending team does. 

3. Long shots are so overpowered

4. Players incapable of scoring 1v1s 

5. Telling players to 'Concentrate' or 'Tighten up' always leads to them being 'overwhelmed' or 'frustrated'. Even if you tell them to tighten up immediately after letting in a goal lol

We paid full price for the game and it's quite pathetic that we've been given a half-baked game with the same issues that were experienced in the beta. It's very hard to justify the cost of the game in its current state.

Edited by iamemgee

On 14/12/2019 at 01:45, Rednitro said:

Sigh, came here for the same reason. Forgot to save the PKM cuz i ended my game in rage.

Ever since launch i have been trying to get a tactic with wingers going. And everytime i quit because the tactic stops working,

And with quit working i mean the team just colapses all together. Getting 20+ shots on goal, but lose last 10 minutes because they get a chance ... (3 times in a row) followed by 3 0-0 matches.

This is the last time i bought the game on launch. Every edition is getting worse and worse. I had over 2000 hours in FM2009 and only 300 in FM19. Was really hyped for it this year but im fed up with it. Going to wait for the game to be fixed.

+1

People from FM ask for videos to see bugs, it's not problem to record a video but its simplier just you to turn on game and play match, cuz (EVEN WITH NEW UPDATE) there is so many bugs in every match, 1 vs 1 most  

Just now, Numero Uno FM said:

SI aren't after videos. They're after PKMs, which allows them to look at the code underneath. That's what's needed to fix issues.

I feel this needs improving. Me and my friend are getting fed up with the amount of 1v1’s that are missed. I watched one of his games in the Italian cup, he had 58, yes 58!!!! Shots, the highlights showed at the very least 15 1v1’s. He won 1-0. 

please make improvements as my love for this seasons FM is fading. 

I find that its not even just that good attacking teams have loads of chances without scoring, its also that poor defensive teams you come up against have a big advantage because goals when they do come either arrive from a set piece or a long ball over the top, both of which defensive teams get much more of than other chances. Had far too many games in my season where I've drawn or lost despite dominating the shot and CCC stats.

On 04/12/2019 at 17:55, Dicko1878 said:

Like I've commented on another thread, strikers obviously don't score every one on one BUT players like Aguero you'd expect to be able to finish consistently 

And Harry Kane never scores in 1 v 1 stuations

21 minutes ago, davedavedavedave89 said:

Is there any time frame on when this issue will get sorted? Before Christmas, after or the new year. I’m not playing until it is as it totally ruins the game. 

It is a shame that after a month of launching the game still can not be played.

32 minutes ago, davedavedavedave89 said:

Is there any time frame on when this issue will get sorted? Before Christmas, after or the new year. I’m not playing until it is as it totally ruins the game. 

They said after Christmas at the earliest...

50 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

They said after Christmas at the earliest...

Where did you read that? If true, that’s a shame, even a beta to test over Xmas holidays would of been better than nothing. 

23 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Where did you read that? If true, that’s a shame, even a beta to test over Xmas holidays would of been better than nothing. 

In the feedback thread, Neil one of the developers said it.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/503206-football-manager-2020-feedback-thread/page/80/?tab=comments#comment-12183475

Edited by Sharkn20

I've seen it too. Way too much 1on1's missed but also my penalties. So im glad this is known and hopefully will be fixxed. And I see alot about speaking missing them, and attackers being bad in it. But bare in mind that it also could be

about the Gk's who are just way too strong. They stop way too much, also penalties. So maybe looking into the overpowered Gk's is also important in this issue. 

Guys and girls - SI are after bug reports here, which includes PKMs and timed instances of the issue. I'm saying this for the last time. If you want to leave feedback, please use the feedback thread. Thanks.

This is absolutely ridiculous. 2-3 of my players against the keeper and they keep missing clear chances. And I am talking about 10 at least each game. No passing to make easy goals and keep shooting from the sides. Wtf is this. We payed and we anticipate a decent game not this. Fix it ASAP!!!!

vor einer Stunde schrieb Lazarus™:

This is absolutely ridiculous. 2-3 of my players against the keeper and they keep missing clear chances. And I am talking about 10 at least each game. No passing to make easy goals and keep shooting from the sides. Wtf is this. We payed and we anticipate a decent game not this. Fix it ASAP!!!!

No need to post this twice. If you post in the bugs forum, please add some evidence and pkms, if you just want to give feedback the place you posted first is the right place.

I came here to log this exact issue.

It's like the opposite of FIFA, where the sweaty is over-utilized...every FW in FM refuses to square for an easy tap in.  Because of this, we see a lot of goals that are only scored because of some deliberate hole (like a DF randomly wandering off in the wrong direction to release his mark).  If we had a few sweaty tap ins then there would be less need for these fixed goals.  I say fixed, because they clearly would never result in a goal, and it looks very obvious.

I'm also creating 30-40 shots a game, often scoring 0-1 goal.

76:03 My MCR (MC ATT) breaks free, passes ball to the box where it hits oppositon dc and falls straight to my STr who decides still pass to other STL even he got empty net.. Missed opportunity. :/ Awful decision with decision 10 in National division.

Dover v Oxford City.pkm

Edited by Pasonen