Sports Interactive Community
qwdqwqdqwdqqwdqwdqwd

Still multiple missed 1v1s. Still forwards refusing to square it and taking the shot instead.

Thanks for the feedback. Could you provide matches where you are seeing woeful 1v1s and times players could square it please.

12 minutes ago, CJ Ramson said:

Thanks for the feedback. Could you provide matches where we are seeing woeful 1v1s and times players could square it please.

For some reason I have no Football manager 20 file to access my save. Ill check it out later.

Here's what I was going to submit with the PKM, and really theres no point in deleting it. Will try again later.

Sure thing, here's me losing 4-0 to Chelsea. While I did mention squaring it has improved, there are still some issues present.

Notable instances: (Note that I don't expect all 1v1s scored)

18:50- Lacazette hitting the ballboy instead of getting it on target from close range

22:30- Aubameyang shooting from a narrow angle instead of laying it off to Lacazette who has open space in front of him

28:00 Close range header saved.

37:00 Aubameyang hits the keeper at another narrow angle

Too lazy to continue, game was like 8 matchdays ago.

Still happening on my save too - absolutely ridiculous this.

PKM attached for Man City v Man Utd. Aguero missed 4 one-on-ones, and Bernardo Silva never squared for a tap-in.

This isn't the only match this has happened in under the updated ME.

Man City v Man Utd.pkm

for me this is a general problem of the game engine.

Imagine that Aguero would be able to finish those 4 one vs one situations and the players would always square the ball to a free player

-> you would win 8:0 vs. Manchester... would that be more realistic then? :)

I guess we can always find a tactic, mostly offensive, especialle if we manage a top team like Liverpool or Man City.

Then you easily get 30 shots per game, especially against weak enemies. By NOT scoring all clear situations the game engine manages to make the end result more realistic.

For me the only option would be to make the game more challenging, so that it is HARDER to even get those many clear situations.

Like that you can see - > BALANCE is the problem. And for us important -> regular updates, showing that they tace care 

HI all,

Thanks for your input.

We are aware of this issue and have a bug logged for it.

We have to be wary of this happening too much, as it will create more goals, but we are working hard to find a better balance for you all.

Thanks,

Jemal

1 hour ago, TonyStark said:

for me this is a general problem of the game engine.

Imagine that Aguero would be able to finish those 4 one vs one situations and the players would always square the ball to a free player

-> you would win 8:0 vs. Manchester... would that be more realistic then? :)

I guess we can always find a tactic, mostly offensive, especialle if we manage a top team like Liverpool or Man City.

Then you easily get 30 shots per game, especially against weak enemies. By NOT scoring all clear situations the game engine manages to make the end result more realistic.

For me the only option would be to make the game more challenging, so that it is HARDER to even get those many clear situations.

Like that you can see - > BALANCE is the problem. And for us important -> regular updates, showing that they tace care 

100% agree - but this isn't the only game it happened in. Aguero still hasn't scored a one-on-one all season. I understand he can't realistically score them all - but he'd score more than 0 haha

58 minutes ago, Jemal Wiseman said:

HI all,

Thanks for your input.

We are aware of this issue and have a bug logged for it.

We have to be wary of this happening too much, as it will create more goals, but we are working hard to find a better balance for you all.

Thanks,

Jemal

So the patch hasn't fixed the issue?

Like I've commented on another thread, strikers obviously don't score every one on one BUT players like Aguero you'd expect to be able to finish consistently 

Few major issues going on and really making it hard to enjoy this game as it feels like an arcade game where nothing i do with the tactics has any impact.

Wingers not Squaring it - Three times in this game I had a 2/3 vs 1 situation where all the player with the ball had to do was square it and instead they hit it straight at the goalkeeper. 

Low defensive line - I'm playing with a low defensive line and yet i'm still conceding from long balls over the top

Centre backs - Tony Liestner is a good tackler 1(13 tackling, Bravery 16) in my team yet he completely missed the ball at 43:55  and exposes our goalkeeper to a one vs one - also look how high my line is even when low defenisve line is on. 

- Short passing is on yet majority of the key passes are coming from my BPD and FB - my midfield is basically anonymous

Maybe i'm missing something with my tactics but i'd appreciate it if you looked into this - but honestly feels like this year's match engine is a massive step backwards. 

Preston v QPR.pkm

ME2026 - finally through balls in the final 1/3 have been improved but, know we have another monster of a bug! Please fix without nerfing through balls

1 on 1 ccc missed, 85, 78, 72, 69, 60, 46,13 mins, 7 in one match!

Burnley v Liverpool.pkm

I hope we get a hotfix prior to xmas shutdown??

Edited by Weller1980

Here is another good example of 4 1 on 1 ccc missed in one match.

Sheff Utd v Norwich.pkm

Genuine question time and I am curious, how did you guys come to this conclusion that 1 on 1 were improved in ME2026? I don't want to sound rude or nasty because I appreciate all the support you give, especially fixing the through balls :) (my biggest gripe with the old ME) but it seems like quite a big ME bug?

Edited by Weller1980

16 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Here is another good example of 4 1 on 1 ccc missed in one match.

Sheff Utd v Norwich.pkm 67.16 kB · 0 downloads

Genuine question time and I am curious, how did you guys come to this conclusion that 1 on 1 were improved in ME2026? I don't want to sound rude or nasty because I appreciate all the support you give, especially fixing the through balls :) (my biggest gripe with the old ME) but it seems like quite a big ME bug?

Thanks for the examples, these will be reviewed.

Stats and numbers. The overall number of One on One chances per game is much lower than it was. Also the way we calculate CCC's is under review as some of these should not be marked as CCC.

Just now, CJ Ramson said:

Thanks for the examples, these will be reviewed.

Stats and numbers. The overall number of One on One chances per game is much lower than it was. Also the way we calculate CCC's is under review as some of these should not be marked as CCC.

Your very welcome, id be more than happy to provide some more if needed? Do you feel as though 1v1s are off balance or are you happy with the statistics?

6 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Your very welcome, id be more than happy to provide some more if needed? Do you feel as though 1v1s are off balance or are you happy with the statistics?

There are slightly more than we'd like, however this does depend on the tactics being used by both teams.

It is more how the chances are being created, rather than the fact they are being missed. This is something that is constantly under review internally, unfortunately it can create all sorts of potential knock ons which is why it's not a straight forward fix.

My newly promoted average Bolton team against Chelsea away. Chelsea had 11 ccc yet scored only 1 goal. They kept beating my defensive line like it didn't even exist but my keeper either saved them or they went wide (story of almost every game this patch). Hopefully finishing and defending both will be improved soon.

Chelsea v Bolton.pkm

Edited by witchplease

25 minutes ago, witchplease said:

My newly promoted average Bolton team against Chelsea away. Chelsea had 11 ccc yet scored only 1 goal. They kept beating my defensive line like it didn't even exist but my keeper either saved them or they went wide (story of almost every game this patch). Hopefully finishing and defending both will be improved soon.

Chelsea v Bolton.pkm 215.89 kB · 1 download

Thanks for uploading. Some of the Chelsea chances should not have been marked as CCC's however, there were some poor defensive reactions we have passed on to the Dev Team.

39 minutes ago, PassIntoSpace said:

9 clear cut chances and a lot more shots on target, none were scored. This happens game after game for me, very frustrating. 

Slough v Oxford City.pkm 83.54 kB · 0 downloads

https://gyazo.com/444c347d5243a54b96537aa30e0f9b82

https://gyazo.com/49c864709e2cadac19928f763e1b1597

I just had a game where I converted 9/9 clear cut chances. Usually am converting 1 out of every 2-2.5 clear cut chances after the patch whereas before I was converting 1 out of 10-15 maybe if I was lucky. Messi has 20 finishing though so I'm not sure if this has something to do with it or if 1 striker/2 striker formations matter. 

I'm about to start a lower league save and am genuinely curious if this is a tactics thing or just a player talent thing or just bad luck.

26 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I really cant get my players to score one on ones, perhaps its my tactics I dunno. I've waited ages for the through balls to be fixed, now im seeing through balls and strikers cant finish them. Frustrating! 

Here are some more PKMs 

Missed one on ones, 10,21,57,68

Arsenal v Liverpool.pkm 74.92 kB · 1 download

Missed one on ones, 12,56

Liverpool v Bournemouth.pkm 200.79 kB · 2 downloads

Yah those are some rough ones and I can't really say they're the players cuz its bobby mane and salah. Most of the ccc that I miss are ones blasted from tighter angles or the GK just saves them like they did in the arsenal liverpool game. I actually haven't experienced the ones where bobby just blasts it wide and flat out misses the goal though. 

Have you kept track of how many you convert? Like I said after the patch I'm converting roughly 1 out of every 2-2.5 chances so I'm still missing more than half of my chances. If I converted all or a majority of my chances the scores would be ridiculous though. I'm converting 6-10 chances at home vs weaker teams and than I struggle on the road against the good teams as Barcelona does in real life as well. 

The ones I'm converting the most of is p much Messi receiving a through ball that is central and he usually just dribbles past or adjacent the keeper and blasts it in. He misses most of the ones from tighter angles and misses prob half or a bit more than half where the keeper just saves it like some of your Salah examples. 

I'm not kidding literally 1 in 10 one on ones are converted with my tactics, I changed tactics and formation and missed 3 one on ones in the next game 

1 hour ago, dominoes012 said:

https://gyazo.com/444c347d5243a54b96537aa30e0f9b82

https://gyazo.com/49c864709e2cadac19928f763e1b1597

I just had a game where I converted 9/9 clear cut chances. Usually am converting 1 out of every 2-2.5 clear cut chances after the patch whereas before I was converting 1 out of 10-15 maybe if I was lucky. Messi has 20 finishing though so I'm not sure if this has something to do with it or if 1 striker/2 striker formations matter. 

I'm about to start a lower league save and am genuinely curious if this is a tactics thing or just a player talent thing or just bad luck.

I just started a season with Liverpool as a test run. I don't see the same issues in Liverpool Premier League compared to my lower league save in Vanarama South as Oxford City. Which makes sense, however, even at that level I should not see so many missed chances. In the liverpool saves the gameplay is much more attractive and players do what I tell them to do; they finish 1v1, square the ball, cross the ball, defend better.. Again, it makes sense because player skill is better, but does this mean lower league saves are just not worth playing anymore? Since your screenshot is with Barcelona it makes sense why some people claim to have no issues and are really enjoying the game while some other players (me included) are really frustrated because it's a lower league issue?

3 minutes ago, PassIntoSpace said:

I just started a season with Liverpool as a test run. I don't see the same issues in Liverpool Premier League compared to my lower league save in Vanarama South as Oxford City. Which makes sense, however, even at that level I should not see so many missed chances. In the liverpool saves the gameplay is much more attractive and players do what I tell them to do; they finish 1v1, square the ball, cross the ball, defend better.. Again, it makes sense because player skill is better, but does this mean lower league saves are just not worth playing anymore? Since your screenshot is with Barcelona it makes sense why some people claim to have no issues and are really enjoying the game while some other players (me included) are really frustrated because it's a lower league issue?

Yah that's why I was wondering if it was like a player issue or tactics or just something because I haven't had the same issues and I fully agree that it should be consistent no matter what league because in lower league obviously your competition isn't as high. I'm a Barcelona fan so usually the first save I do is with them and than I like to progress with lower leagues as well which is why I'm trying to find out cuz I don't want to deal with bad finishing either. 

11 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I'm not kidding literally 1 in 10 one on ones are converted with my tactics, I changed tactics and formation and missed 3 one on ones in the next game 

I think if you keep changing tactics your teams familiarity of the tactics is not as good in the beginning making them play worse. I didn't watch the entirety of your games but it looked like you were getting clear cut chances maybe it's just bad luck. 

Im seeing my team have 20-30 chances a game, with multiple clear cut and half chances most of which go off target, then im losing to side that have maybe 4 or 5 chances a game. I Understand this does happen irl but for me it is happening far too often in this latest update.

I was experimenting with defensive lines and no matter how i setup i was being beaten by balls over the top, my world class CB's have the turning circle of a cruise ship.

One step forward and two backwards on this patch in my opinion

9 minutes ago, FixUpDanSharp said:

Im seeing my team have 20-30 chances a game, with multiple clear cut and half chances most of which go off target, then im losing to side that have maybe 4 or 5 chances a game. I Understand this does happen irl but for me it is happening far too often in this latest update.

I was experimenting with defensive lines and no matter how i setup i was being beaten by balls over the top, my world class CB's have the turning circle of a cruise ship.

One step forward and two backwards on this patch in my opinion

LMAO the turning circle of a cruise ship. I def agree with the CBs getting beaten over the top. I'm just watching Pique try to turn and by the time he has they're already in the box on goal 1v1. Gonna start my lower league save over the weekend and see what happens. I'm just thankful that players aren't shooting into the side netting anymore. 

Didn't really have an issue with 1-v-1's prior the last patch - but now the pattern of play has switched from wingers hoofing the ball in the side netting from a tight angle to midfielders setting up the striker through on goal and the last two matches I've played he's scored 1 from around 10-15 1-v-1's.

I think as well as balancing out the amount the strikers finish these, it would probably make more sense to limit the amount of times the striker can get through 1-v-1 - realistically how much does this happen in a match - perhaps two or three times max?

Man i have the exact same issues. It is incredibly frustrating when you've made a tactic that consistently creates amazing goalscoring opportunities, that at least should have a decent conversion ratio, but ends up being converted less than 10% of the time. I'm talking about clear-cut 1-on-1 situations here. The quality of the players composure and finishing seem to have a negligible effect at best in these situations, when from a realism standpoint, these attributes should be absolutely crucial in determining the outcome of said situations.

I also experience way too often the absolutely horrific decision-making of players coming in from virtually impossible angles, but still attempt shots when teammates are rushing into the box expecting a cross to be delivered. Anything but a cross in those situations should be reserved for players with <10 in decisions and teamwork.

I'm gonna start a new save now and i'll save some replays of the matches in which i feel like these problems are being highlighted as evidently as possible.

I'll let it be known that i absolutely love Football Manager and i always have, and that's why i wanna actively criticize it to help you improve the game for everyone.

I hope something can be done!

14 CCC in that game and only 2 goals scored. I dont know if it is my tacitc or the ME, but after the last update almost every game i play both teams have 10+ CCC combined.

20191206133225_1.jpg

ive played quite a lot of games and I think the majority of 1 on 1 chances are missed when the striker has to shoot across goal, here is PKM of Salah missing 6 CCC some of which are clear 1 on 1s

4,21,33,37,48, 75

Monterrey v Liverpool.pkm

Edited by Weller1980

My next match 3 ccc 1 on 1 chances missed where the striker needs to shot across goal

Man Utd v Liverpool.pkm

Im convinced this is the problem, 1 on 1 chances down the middle are normally converted but 1 on 1s at slight angles are very rarely scored.

Edited by Weller1980

55 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

@CJ Ramson what do you think about 1 on 1 chances where the striker needs to shoot across goal?

Think you might be on something here... when I think about it almost all 1 on 1 chances my team has scored has come straight infront the keeper. And VERY rarely have I seen a goal been scored from an angle even when players cut in with their stronger foot.

Here's a PKM of the above goal I mentioned. It highlights 3 problems with the ME in one goal really. Big hoofed ball over the top, my striker 1 on 1 decent stats for finishing and composure for the level fluffs it then the defender runs in stands on the ball traps it for my striker and he taps it in. (its the first goal in the 19th minute)

In fact looking back this game is a classic everything that makes this ME not fun. We had 5 clear cut chances (2 from the first goal, 1 a penalty and 2 1 on 1s missed). Scored 6 but of those 6 the first was the above weirdness, then 5 set piece goals and my midfielder who's stats are all under 10 scoring a 25 yard volleyed screamer.

We miss one on one's in the 25th and 8th minutes.

I must say I thought the prior ME was the best we've had so far in FM20 and was fairly balanced bar the shooting into the side netting issue.

Geylang Int. v Borussia Zamrud.pkm

Edited by kiwityke1983

@CJ Ramson

Good example uploaded- FrazT-Rangers v Stjarnan.pkm

Rangers had 45 attempts on goal, 18 on target, 9 clear cut chances, missed one on ones in the 13,15, 20, 37, 49 and 76 minute, scored with a dubious penalty and in the 95th minute for a 2-0 victory.

FrazT3-Rangers v Stjarnan.pkm

for sure 1 on 1 conversions are too low. Maybe chances created are also too high... but should be balanced out. Too many set piece goals too

17 hours ago, FrazT said:

@CJ Ramson

Good example uploaded- FrazT-Rangers v Stjarnan.pkm

Rangers had 45 attempts on goal, 18 on target, 9 clear cut chances, missed one on ones in the 13,15, 20, 37, 49 and 76 minute, scored with a dubious penalty and in the 95th minute for a 2-0 victory.

FrazT3-Rangers v Stjarnan.pkm 137.34 kB · 0 downloads

These are excellent examples of missed 1 on 1 chances, im seeing exactly these types of missed chances. On average I see 2 or 3 times a game, with some games up to 6 or 7 missed chances.

Been said a million times already but the ME has gone so far backwards this year that it's making me not want to play the game. Matches are just like basketball games where teams go from end to end missing one on ones. Defenders for some reason can't deal with long balls to save their lives. CBs just part like the red sea and watch strikers go through every time (and inevitably hit it straight at the keeper). 

I appreciate that the issue is being worked on and I trust that the guys will be able to fix it and get the game back to it's usual glorious self. I really can't wait for it to be sorted so that I can enjoy the game properly without wanting to throw my laptop out of the window.

Okay this is actually getting frustrating.

Champions league final, 90+1' winger decides to score from borderline impossible angle instead of simply squaring to open striker (Kane) or even far post to Dele (No.20), ended up losing 1-3 in extra time.

Adding on to the fact I had two of my defender signings out for months (AJer + Chilwell) I was really tempted to save scum out of frustration. 

I normally don't complain but this is just ridiculous and I needed to vent somewhere lol.

1389591876_TottenhamvManchesterCity_Pitch-2.thumb.png.5b0aec9868ac09f8a8b23aa6cd910ef5.png 1715727685_TottenhamvManchesterCity_Pitch-3.thumb.png.a0cc0fdf5435d1bd82eec2c7b1e175e8.png